Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

What Would You Do If You Were In My Shoes? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Do If You Were In My Shoes? (1089 Views)

What Would U Do If U Were In My Shoes / If You Were In My Shoes / If You Were In My Shoes, What Would You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If You Were In My Shoes? by imoh4king(m): 11:40am On Feb 06, 2013
Life can be pretty tough, especially when you are in a good position today only to find yourself in some kind of circumstances you cannot explain tomorrow.
I used to work with a great company although my Boss wasn't paying too well but atleast I knew that i was going to get my paycheck the 15th or 16th of the next month. I was so particular about progress that I started hunting for jobs and other business opportunities both online and offline.
I was introduced by a family friend to a man who was very impressed with my capability and skill capacity. The man owned a small firm and immediately told me to start working for him.
Initially, I was skeptical about taking the offer because the man didn't even talk about having an office space in Lagos and he didnt mention anything about any employment letter as well.
After resigning from my current job as at that time, I started work with the man. After spending a week on the new job, the man traveled out of the Country to an unknown destination. Ever since then, no one has heard from my new Boss.
Now, my wife is on her seventh month of pregnancy which makes her very sober everytime she thinks about it and our rent is almost due. I have borrowed so much funds that i dont even know where to turn to anymore.
Pls Nairalanders, I need a job no matter how much it pays. Please, I am very dutiful and hardworking.
I believe God will use a member or visitor on this site as my point of contact.

I will attach my resume for perusal or further scrutiny.
God bless you all.
You can also reach me on 08026782341 or 08138386571.

Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Shoes? by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 06, 2013
Sorry about your predicament bro. I can only hope that you find help here or elsewhere.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Shoes? by PATTIBAT10(m): 2:01pm On Feb 06, 2013
imoh4king: Life can be pretty tough, especially when you are in a good position today only to find yourself in some kind of circumstances you cannot explain tomorrow.
I used to work with a great company although my Boss wasn't paying too well but atleast I knew that i was going to get my paycheck the 15th or 16th of the next month. I was so particular about progress that I started hunting for jobs and other business opportunities both online and offline.
I was introduced by a family friend to a man who was very impressed with my capability and skill capacity. The man owned a small firm and immediately told me to start working for him.
Initially, I was skeptical about taking the offer because the man didn't even talk about having an office space in Lagos and he didnt mention anything about any employment letter as well.
After resigning from my current job as at that time, I started work with the man. After spending a week on the new job, the man traveled out of the Country to an unknown destination. Ever since then, no one has heard from my new Boss.
Now, my wife is on her seventh month of pregnancy which makes her very sober everytime she thinks about it and our rent is almost due. I have borrowed so much funds that i dont even know where to turn to anymore.
Pls Nairalanders, I need a job no matter how much it pays. Please, I am very dutiful and hardworking.
I believe God will use a member or visitor on this site as my point of contact.

I will attach my resume for perusal or further scrutiny.
God bless you all.
You can also reach me on 08026782341 or 08138386571.

How sad, but not to worry, help is on its way my brother.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Shoes? by blank(f): 3:18pm On Feb 06, 2013
Why not go back to your old boss and ask him for your old job back. Forget ego and just grovel. If you were as good as you say you were then he may consider having you back. Nothing wrong with that.

It beats me how you can resign a job without holding an emplyment letter in your hand.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Shoes? by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 07, 2013
A bird in hand as they say. . . . . May the Good Lord provide 4 u.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Shoes? by Jellitah: 7:18am On Feb 07, 2013
Na for NL you go find work?
You for try TEHN NETWORK NA? wink
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Shoes? by slimyem: 7:29am On Feb 07, 2013
How can you have left certainty for uncertainty despite it staring right at you in the face? undecided
I can only wish you all the best..undecided
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Shoes? by ifyalways(f): 9:04am On Feb 07, 2013
What is your wife doing?
You gave us real sob story but forgot to mention your qualifications and capabilities undecided

Naija is tough.You have to keep pushing and hustling while praying for Gods favor.Shikena.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were In My Shoes? by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 07, 2013
@ Poster . . .
After reading your posts I can only conclude 2 things . . .
1. You are lying
2. You are not so smart . .

How can you leave a job with a fairly decent security for a lower one without any good reason undecided It just doesn't make any sense!

you need to ask yourself some vital question . .

What are your qualifications?
What do you do?
What can you do?

If I were you I will be looking for a way to get my old job back.

You have responsibilities now, you need to sit up!

(1) (Reply)

Excellent Primary School In Abuja For Special Needs Children / Our Son Hacked To Death For Confronting Herbalist - Bereaved Family / Great Piece I Found (Ladies; must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.