Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 (76797 Views)

As A First Time Car Owner, Toyota Corolla 2010 Or Honda Civic 2011? / Lexus Rx 350 (2010) Vs Toyota Venza (2010) / 2018 Lexus RX L Released With Third Row Seat (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by 2cribz: 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2020
Forget.no be him moto.
Denique:

You seem like a family man and one who loves and cares for them too which I truly, truly commend you for...every time.everyday.twice on this day... wink

However, I do not subscribe to your definition of “huzzle” if it's what I think it is.

We can still provide these things and much more for our loved ones via legit means!

Shalom!!

Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by Wealthoptulent(m): 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2020
2cribz:
Story.
Venza remains an suv .
be willing to learn from others egos or pride to take correction leads to talking behind fact where suppose to lead to teach others. I learnt abt this SUV CUV, when I bowed mine to learn n to teach!.
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by Wealthoptulent(m): 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2020
2cribz:
Forget.no be him moto.
No wonder, I know people like you now. What ur problem is called ENVINESS .
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by Zukiemoniey1(m): 10:33pm On Jul 22, 2020
My Brother please go for RX350

1 Like

Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by Samconcepts(m): 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2020
Esseite:
Go for RX, Venza is not a long lasting durable vehicle..

Venza issues:
- Steering rattle (knuckle problem)
- ABS issues especially 2009 (Y6 ABS issues)
- noisy interior material (too many plastics rubbing each other)
- leaking panoramic roof (factory fault, with water maps)
- terrible traction control..
- very bad braking system (suicide mission)

Dont know if it was that venza in particular, but that car can hold massive screeching brake on it's own without you even pushing the brake pedal.. took it to the technicians multiple times but they could not replicate the issue that caused it.

From a previous venza user, go for RX... there is a reason Venza was discontinued..

Your evaluation cuts my admiration. You seem to know much about cars. Please can you hell me with that of Toyota Corolla 2009 VS Camry spider. Putting all possible factors into consideration? I've used the corolla 2005 model. Please others can also help contribute
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by mrdipye(m): 11:48pm On Jul 22, 2020
Op I think Lexus RX 350 is better but Biko wire my aza mk I for no die of hunger na 3066347032 FB
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by piagetskinner(m): 1:49am On Jul 23, 2020
I prefer the RX 350... after experiencing the handling of the Lexus GX460 I know say Toyota Na just plastic..
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by dalass(f): 2:47am On Jul 23, 2020
aylagos:
Good day my people, am here again to seek your opinions on these two cars. I want to hear from dealers and from experience auto mechanics.

I thank everyone that contributed to my previous post before I bought my Acura MDX 2008, that car is super good and reliable.

https://www.nairaland.com/5016914/acura-mxd-08-lexus-rx330

Now I want to upgrade and I need you guys to share your experience with me.

Rx 2010 or Venza 2010.

How much is the Rx 2010 and also the Venza.. Tnx!
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by Nobody: 4:20am On Jul 23, 2020
Samconcepts:

Your evaluation cuts my admiration. You seem to know much about cars. Please can you hell me with that of Toyota Corolla 2009 VS Camry spider. Putting all possible factors into consideration? I've used the corolla 2005 model. Please others can also help contribute

I would advise you to go for camry spider anyday and time, that corolla 2009 major problem is A/C and am afraid its mostly unresolvable, it would drain you massive...

The technicians would come up with all sort, from conversion to manual compressor to replacement of virtually all A/c components e.g compressor, condenser, evaporator, thermostat etc...

There is a reason the secondhand value is very poor despite being eligible for Uber taxis, it's a cool car but when the A/C starts its issues and goes beyond gas and compressor change, it may be a sign to sell..

For the camry, I prefer the V6 (2GR engine), its durable and can last over 10years without an engine change or transmission change, that engine was used on Avalon, Venza, Camry, RX, Sienna etc till date... it's one of the best engines Toyota ever produced and can comfortably carry all components of the vehicle without shiver, your compressor would last longer ice cold.. dont worry about fueling, it's very efficient and has better second hand value..

3 Likes

Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by holusormi(m): 5:08am On Jul 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright... ogbeni your money don come.make them clear road for you..I don first talk am say nor be stone we niggarrrz dey cook..na beans and very soon he go don... Dangote go hear word...we must break Dangote record
Ogbeni go for Rx 350 anyday anytime twice on Wednesday
Na this Rx 350 i want try double my huzzle make i buy for mumsy before August ending...
But Bros op if you get money you fit still collect the two

Although i get Voltron(first pics) and venza( second pics) but me must buy that Rx350...then my sisters go dey use the Voltron...

G , you talk too much - too damn much !!! , who ask you all this ??
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by Ajjpsalm(m): 7:39am On Jul 23, 2020
aylagos:
Good day my people, am here again to seek your opinions on these two cars. I want to hear from dealers and from experience auto mechanics.

I thank everyone that contributed to my previous post before I bought my Acura MDX 2008, that car is super good and reliable.

https://www.nairaland.com/5016914/acura-mxd-08-lexus-rx330

Now I want to upgrade and I need you guys to share your experience with me.

Rx 2010 or Venza 2010.

First and foremost i rejoice with you for your previous achievement in life, its worth celebration i congratulate you.

Though i dnt have a car yet but as much as i know in driving of a car RX350 will go over Venza

To me venza is just a product with alarming name nevertheless lexus Rx350 is a super beast to venza .

Wish u a successful purchase .

I dnt know why i'm doing this but should in case God drops it to your heart to help a fellow i'm 08149683502.

Thank you.
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by Codes151(m): 7:55am On Jul 23, 2020
dangermouse:
Where u in Lagos, u would have gotten it cheaper at Alaba or Ladipo markets.
thats the problem! I wasn’t. So couldn’t trust that. But then also I won’t know which would last or sth.
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by dangermouse(m): 8:06am On Jul 23, 2020
Codes151:
thats the problem! I wasn’t. So couldn’t trust that. But then also I won’t know which would last or sth.

. They are same. Trust me. They factor in costs and expensies which are huge on there part in other to meet up with the bills while the other has less bills to pay.

1 Like

Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by Samconcepts(m): 8:29am On Jul 23, 2020
Esseite:

I would advise you to go for camry spider anyday and time, that corolla 2009 major problem is A/C and am afraid its mostly unresolvable, it would drain you massive...

The technicians would come up with all sort, from conversion to manual compressor to replacement of virtually all A/c components e.g compressor, condenser, evaporator, thermostat etc...

There is a reason the secondhand value is very poor despite being eligible for Uber taxis, it's a cool car but when the A/C starts its issues and goes beyond gas and compressor change, it may be a sign to sell..

For the camry, I prefer the V6 (2GR engine), its durable and can last over 10years without an engine change or transmission change, that engine was used on Avalon, Venza, Camry, RX, Sienna etc till date... it's one of the best engines Toyota ever produced and can comfortably carry all components of the vehicle without shiver, your compressor would last longer ice cold.. dont worry about fueling, it's very efficient and has better second hand value..

Thanks a lot. This really helped but Fuel economy has been my major concern. Besides that, I've seen so many spiders with dashboard looking so bad in terms of wear and tear. I love the interior though, cos it's very sizeable and luxurious.
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 23, 2020
Samconcepts:

Thanks a lot. This really helped but Fuel economy has been my major concern. Besides that, I've seen so many spiders with dashboard looking so bad in terms of wear and tear. I love the interior though, cos it's very sizeable and luxurious.

Camry aswell as corolla of that year has the melting dashboard issue... its inevitable and would require re-leather after a period of time. It's a factory fault that was corrected in 2010.. a good upholstery would do a nice job definitely..
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by anatoly(m): 9:56am On Jul 23, 2020
I think the RX 350 is a more durable vehicle overall when compared to the Venza. If I were you, I'd go for the RX without question.
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by calyto: 10:18am On Jul 23, 2020
Venza is powered by a 181-horsepower, 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine and a six-speed automatic transmission. A 268-hp, 3.5-liter V-6 engine is also available.
coputa:
venzas carries V6 engines too.
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by ToniBlaize: 2:18pm On Jul 23, 2020
Bro let's break it down....
Lexus is luxurious version Of Toyota Both re owned and produced by the same mother company just that one has more fancy tech,luxurious fittings than the other, don't get it wrong, all toyotas re buit strong to last, but like you know, some of them re made in the US..truth is you can't compare the Japan made ones to the US made ones...Just like you can't compare a Benz made in Germany to the one made in the US. I personally feel japan made toyotas re better... Forget Camry is made in the US.... Japan Made Toyota SUVs re better.... Both vechiles re great but the lexus will give you more edge over the venza,it has a sporty feel, a smooth ride and you can upgrade to make it look like a newer model if you have money for bodykit... The venza on the other hand will ride smooth and give you comfort with all round rugged Road performance but won't match that of the RX even if there re some terrain you did need to avoid as a Lexus owner... The Lexus has more power than the venza but there is a issue to both... Venza has ratting noise issues,breaks issues and you can't upgrade those rigid vehicles.... The lexus however have Technical issues and Electric fault here and there which won't come easy to fix...And don't be decieved lexus part don't sell for cheap,yes their part re readily available but that's doesn't make it cheap.... The yearly cost of maintaining a lexus is more expensive when compared to a venza..like i said both re good vehicles... Weada nah venza or Rx350 if you don't maintain it...none will last...cars run longer and last longer when probably taken care of.... But for the money if you have it...Go with the lexus but keep money for constant maintenance...that's the only way you did really enjoy ur car...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by galaxi(m): 2:47pm On Jul 23, 2020
Honestly,lexus rx350 do not require constant maintenance as suggested.
Just normal oil and break pad change.
I have used my lexus rx350 2010 for 2 years+ and have not had a reason to spend huge amount on maintenance and also i have few friend that use same vehicle and non have had a bitter experience.
OP go for rx350 and if you can afford it also get a small corrola or civic to support the lexus.
ToniBlaize:
Bro let's break it down....
Lexus is luxurious version Of Toyota Both re owned and produced by the same mother company just that one has more fancy tech,luxurious fittings than the other, don't get it wrong, all toyotas re buit strong to last, but like you know, some of them re made in the US..truth is you can't compare the Japan made ones to the US made ones...Just like you can't compare a Benz made in Germany to the one made in the US. I personally feel japan made toyotas re better... Forget Camry is made in the US.... Japan Made Toyota SUVs re better.... Both vechiles re great but the lexus will give you more edge over the venza,it has a sporty feel, a smooth ride and you can upgrade to make it look like a newer model if you have money for bodykit... The venza on the other hand will ride smooth and give you comfort with all round rugged Road performance but won't match that of the RX even if there re some terrain you did need to avoid as a Lexus owner... The Lexus has more power than the venza but there is a issue to both... Venza has ratting noise issues,breaks issues and you can't upgrade those rigid vehicles.... The lexus however have Technical issues and Electric fault here and there which won't come easy to fix...And don't be decieved lexus part don't sell for cheap,yes their part re readily available but that's doesn't make it cheap.... The yearly cost of maintaining a lexus is more expensive when compared to a venza..like i said both re good vehicles... Weada nah venza or Rx350 if you don't maintain it...none will last...cars run longer and last longer when probably taken care of.... But for the money if you have it...Go with the lexus but keep money for constant maintenance...that's the only way you did really enjoy ur car...
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by Samconcepts(m): 9:59pm On Jul 23, 2020
Esseite:

Camry aswell as corolla of that year has the melting dashboard issue... its inevitable and would require re-leather after a period of time. It's a factory fault that was corrected in 2010.. a good upholstery would do a nice job definitely..

That's serious. From the look of things, I may decide to leave it and settle for the 2005-2007 corolla models. I was just thinking of going for an upgrade cos I've used the 03 model and it's same trim up to 07/08. That's why I thought of going for the 09, at the point of sale, I was offered same price for 09 corolla and camry spider.

I Really loved the 03 I used so I might just decide to go for any of 05 - 07. But don't know if that can really be considered an upgrade.

Your good advice will still be appreciated. Thanks alot

2 Likes

Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by ToniBlaize: 12:01am On Jul 24, 2020
galaxi:
Honestly,lexus rx350 do not require constant maintenance as suggested.
Just normal oil and break pad change.
I have used my lexus rx350 2010 for 2 years+ and have not had a reason to spend huge amount on maintenance and also i have few friend that use same vehicle and non have had a bitter experience.
OP go for rx350 and if you can afford it also get a small corrola or civic to support the lexus.

Lol bro no arguements Enter Clublexus.com and see how far.
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by galaxi(m): 12:19am On Jul 24, 2020
I do not argue much but do you actually know that the both vehicles are almost the same if he chooses a V6 venza?

Can you explain what exactly is more expensive in an rx 350 of same year apart from the body parts compared to a V6 Venza,Camry,avalon,highlander or a sienna of same year?

This vehicle are practically the same, Just the interior and exterior look,Gear box and engine is same and even most suspension parts.

There is no high cost of maintenance compared to other vehicles in it’s category.

Unless you get involved in an accident.
I have owned both cars, please can you explain the lexus Rx350 electrical fault you know about? I will want to learn from you.

ToniBlaize:

Lol bro no arguements Enter Clublexus.com and see how far.
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by EazyMoh(m): 6:55am On Jul 24, 2020
Wealthoptulent:

CUV [cross utility vehicle]

Just observing people calling rx SUV..

Few people know the differences.

Most cars called SUV are CUV

Few SUV we have SEQUOIA, FORD EXPLORER, DODGE DURANGO, LAND CRUISER, PRADO, ARMANDA N FEW ON.
SUV common n major difference
The chasis can be separated from the wheel base, engine n tyre frame!

Any other jeep are CUV.
Cross tour, venza, ford edge, RX, mdx, zdx, X6, X5, and so on cos the whole part are attached to the chasis... no wheel base or frame. Stand to be corrected

You truely stand corrected!
You got many of the vehicles classification wrong, case in point the RX https://www.cars.com/research/lexus-rx_350-2010/trims/ you don't think you know cars better than cars.com do you?
Ford Edge, RX, MDX, X5, X6 RAV4 are all confirmed SUVs (whether Compact, Mid-size, Full-size) they are SUVs please don't argue till you google them up first.
Crosstour, Venza, ZDX are the CUVs on your list.
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by Wealthoptulent(m): 11:46am On Jul 24, 2020
EazyMoh:

You truely stand corrected!
You got many of the vehicles classification wrong, case in point the RX https://www.cars.com/research/lexus-rx_350-2010/trims/ you don't think you know cars better than cars.com do you?
Ford Edge, RX, MDX, X5, X6 RAV4 are all confirmed SUVs (whether Compact, Mid-size, Full-size) they are SUVs please don't argue till you google them up first.
Crosstour, Venza, ZDX are the CUVs on your list.

Dont argue blindly, what do you think cx, cr-v means ?
Compacted SUV ; FORD jeeps [escape, explorer etc]
Mitsubishi eclipse and outlander, jeep wrangler, Volkswagen tiguan and toureg. Rav4, Nissan pathfinder Etc

CUV versus SUV: Chassis
A SUV, traditionally, has is based on a truck’s chassis, whereas a CUV is based on a car’s. This has been the difference, historically speaking. Now, however, the lines are getting rather blurred. CUV and SSUV are often used interchangeably with SUV.The CUV chassis will usually be a unibody chassis, with a body and frame being one whereas the SUV will be a body on frame, much like that of a pickup truck. While this is the technical difference between the CUV versus SUV, even those lines are being blurred more and more.

Check this
https://www.autonationdrive.com/blog/2016/august/11/cuv-vs-suv.htm

We learn everyday

1 Like

Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by kelechi50: 7:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
Rx 350 all the way
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by Wealthoptulent(m): 11:47am On Feb 06, 2021
2cribz:
Abegi. Venza is an suv. U dont own oje so stop the epostle

Smile, not everyone is clout chaser or wealth bragger! I own a bmw, not a fan of Toyota as i have used 3 of their products! Am a chronic BMW MAN! so watch ur speech ur whom u direct ur gibberish! Thanks
Re: Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 by blackman007: 5:17pm On May 13, 2021
Openbusiness4:

No single difference between the 2010 RX and the 2014 RX, except only the front bumper design which he can easily do upgrade and save himself big money. 2010 RX to 2016 RX is just like 2010 Prado to 2019 Prado same same, just slight bumper and light (and bonnet latest model for Prado) difference

The steering wheel nko, what about the dashboard?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

$28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) / Sex In The Car And Its Consequences / Lagos Hustle!!! Look At How These Guys Washed A Moving Car In Lagos Traffic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.