Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore (43227 Views)

Why Is No One Talking About The Tecno Spark 10c? / Nobody's Talking About VIVO PHONES On Nairaland. Why?? / Why Nobody Is Talking About Lenovo K5 Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Nealson(m): 7:05am On Jul 24, 2020
vivalavida:

Abi opon imo tablets of osun state

grin it is opon ifá o

1 Like

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Boschh(m): 7:08am On Jul 24, 2020
Airyprince:
let's talk
090762434zero1..
That's my WhatsApp line.
Thanks.
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by lilbarracuda(m): 7:17am On Jul 24, 2020
I have a 10.1 inches Polaroid tab with detachable keyboard, I was going sell it off cheaply because I had a laptop but soon I learnt how to use the Autodesk sketchbook on it and and I started to write my laptop as being sidelined. It has to do with what you wanting it for otherwise it becomes a burden on you.

I think Tabs are not as strong as phones.
mine didn't fall or nothing turned it on one day and I saw a vertical green line on the screen still I love tablet devices
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Cuteamigo1(m): 7:22am On Jul 24, 2020
GreaterFuture1:
I don't see or hear People talk about Tablets anymore. Both Online, Nairaland included and Offline.
What's up?
alot of phones are getting close to the 7 inch screen which serves as both a phone and tablet. Tablet have become powerful with screen as big as pc at a price that will buy you a much powerful and more versatile pc. I will say they out - priced themselves out of the market without too much value in return to ridiculous prices they demand.
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Mraproko1: 7:22am On Jul 24, 2020
qwertyboss:

2gbram!!
20k?

Which product
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 24, 2020
GreaterFuture1:
I don't see or hear People talk about Tablets anymore. Both Online, Nairaland included and Offline.
What's up?

Visit pharmacy for your tablet nah.

Abegi.
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by bunnaes: 7:26am On Jul 24, 2020
GreaterFuture1:
What's up?
I write all my codes with my LG tablet. I don't use laptop to write codes, either tablets or phone can eliminate boredom when writing programs.
I only use laptop for staging and production.

Meanwhile Crownedrookie = bunnae = Aududunine11 = GentRoyal = moreb2cum = homo!!
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by obonujoker(m): 7:27am On Jul 24, 2020
Lol... Tablets ke! I have one chinko one I bought from jumia... Na film I dey use am watch...

I have my smartphone and lappy... Lappy is the most important to me though coz of apps and files

1 Like

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by bunnaes: 7:30am On Jul 24, 2020
lilbarracuda:
I have a 10.1 inches Polaroid tab with detachable keyboard, I was going sell it off cheaply because I had a laptop but soon I learnt how to use the Autodesk sketchbook on it and and I started to write my laptop as being sidelined. It has to do with what you wanting it for otherwise it becomes a burden on you.

I think Tabs are not as strong as phones.
mine didn't fall or nothing turned it on one day and I saw a vertical green line on the screen still I love tablet devices
Correct man. My LG tab becomes a burden when I'm not writing programs I leave it for days.

@ Crownedrookie = bunnae = homo!
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by obonujoker(m): 7:31am On Jul 24, 2020
wizkidblogger:
my iPad dey gather dust here.

I now have phones with big screens and I am ohk with that!

Come dash me the iPad na... And my God will bless you abundantly
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by uuzba(m): 7:32am On Jul 24, 2020
GreaterFuture1:
What's up?
The only sensible tablet is Microsoft Surface. They run real windows programs as a real PC, and have a keyboard. Effectively, they are laptops. But they are extremely expensive.
All other tablets are useless. They're just a mistake idea from the start because they run ordinary Android apps, which you can just use your phone to do in a more portable way. You can't use them as laptops since they can't run Windows programs
You just end up watching movies on them.
Better watch your TV instead.

1 Like

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by uuzba(m): 7:35am On Jul 24, 2020
bunnaes:

Correct man. My LG tab becomes a burden when I'm not writing programs I leave it for days.

@ Crownedrookie = bunnae = homo!
I have one cheap tablet. It is quite useless to me. Gathering dust. I use my PC and phone to do everything I need.
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Wadosky(m): 7:36am On Jul 24, 2020
Ipad 2020 over any Laptop.
12.9 screen size is the beast.
Throw it on OtterBox case and you are good.

1 Like

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by duality(m): 7:38am On Jul 24, 2020
zimbolaa:
Just install Bluestacks on your laptop and enjoy the best of android on a big screen

It consum much system resources
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Ohamzee: 7:40am On Jul 24, 2020
Fokosobo:

Funny enough, i am replying you through a Samsung GalaxyTab.
see how they use to lie. Any small thing, they just tell a lie.
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Reference(m): 7:40am On Jul 24, 2020
What. That is all I use on the go to stay virtually connected. Phones for calls. Tabs for typing stuff. Phone keys too small for me and images too small... Laptops not field friendly at all.
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by bunnaes: 7:40am On Jul 24, 2020
uuzba:

I have one cheap tablet. It is quite useless to me. Gathering dust. I use my PC and phone to do everything I need.
Congrats.

Are you a programmer
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by uuzba(m): 7:40am On Jul 24, 2020
ibawon:
You want a tablet?
Get an iPad
End of story
In that department no one beats them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xggJ5s3sqkw

iPad is nonsense. Just buy Microsoft surface and know that you can run real programs, use mouse, use memory card, use keyboard...

1 Like

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by uuzba(m): 7:42am On Jul 24, 2020
bunnaes:

Congrats.

Are you a programmer
I program on my PC.
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by uuzba(m): 7:45am On Jul 24, 2020
festwiz:

Please give me give me a tab with as much power and versatility as an iPad. You know the iPad OS can run some full fledged Mac OS apps right? You can search for Huawei Mediapads and Samsung Galaxy tabs that might come close but they can't beat the iPad Pro...

Those are the tablets that are worth considering. The iPad is the best right now and there's no disputing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xggJ5s3sqkw
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Gordieshegz(m): 7:46am On Jul 24, 2020
Fokosobo:

you are wrong. they have bigger screens and higher pixels which consumes more power. A 7000mah battery on a Tab may not last as long as a 4000mah battery on a smartphone.

Sir, this is not completely true bro.

I use infinix note 4( one of the smartphones considered to have good battery life with 4000mAh) and Samsung note 10.1(7000Ah) but my Samsung is always my last resort when the infinix runs out of charge.

At the question, Tabs seem really not in vogue anymore because majority of smartphones now give higher screensizes( say between 5 and 7 inches) which simulate what are close to many smaller-sized tabs( like tab 7.0 or 8.0 and eliminate the need for acquiring them).

Also, many laptops now have 10.1 to 11 screensizes that are light weighted and convertible. These stiffen competitions out of tabs with 10.1 screensizes that were the real deals then.Now, laptops are getting smarter whereas phones are getting better.
And to say the least, phablets had long replaced tablets and with the advent of power banks amidst their growing popularity, tablets lost their flavours.

However, the population group and tablets makers still determine the neccesity of tablets. For instance, in some countries where there are freewifi and good power supply, many citizens still buy say(Samsung tab 4 WiFi only).

Many people still buy ipads for their mobility and functionality. Also, among medical students , tabs are still much relevant for it can help prevent the usage of phones for social media while studying( though this is a relative point).

And I still have one tab and it's serving me well.

1 Like

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by bunnaes: 7:48am On Jul 24, 2020
Reference:
What. That is all I use on the go to stay virtually connected. Phones for calls. Tabs for typing stuff. Phone keys too small for me and images too small.
Correct man.

Programmers should start using tablets to write all their codes and test on a live server, this will save you the stress of continually bending and starring at a laptop screen for several hours.
Most laptops in Nigeria can't even last for 3hours but with my tablet I can go all day, I can take it anywhere even in the kitchen or toilet I'm still coding and testing on a live server (heruku or github pages is a life saver).

Meanwhile Crownedrookie = bunnae = Aududunine11 = GentRoyal = moreb2cum = homo!!
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by bunnaes: 7:50am On Jul 24, 2020
uuzba:

I program on my PC.
Church program shebi

1 Like

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Chirowman(m): 7:51am On Jul 24, 2020
I mostly use iPad for my day to day online businesses
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Icechillz(m): 7:51am On Jul 24, 2020
Fokosobo:

you are wrong. they have bigger screens and higher pixels which consumes more power. A 7000mah battery on a Tab may not last as long as a 4000mah battery on a smartphone.
True
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by davidchukwucheb: 7:51am On Jul 24, 2020
ho

Samsung Galaxy Tab A.
2GB RAM 16GB ROM
7300Mah Super Battery
4G network
[/quote]
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by uuzba(m): 7:57am On Jul 24, 2020
bunnaes:

Church program shebi
Are you making fun or what?
C++
My main work is CAD/design/drawing. .etc. I just re-started programming a few months ago after a long break since i left it after school.
My project was to program a CAD software. But since we can just download cad softwares, I stopped programming. I'm only just trying to find any reason to program again after 20 years.
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by crafteck(m): 7:58am On Jul 24, 2020
Stallion93:
iPad has retired all the other tablets from the tech industry. Further, Tablets usually require much raw materials for production cause of their sizes. Laptops have been invincible indeed but i liked the competition, it forced out the best from Lappy companies to defeat the competition

You are far from tab world... New tab s keeps coming out better than others, i no de buy cos they are overpriced

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Borrow Credit From Airtel In Nigeria – Extra Credit Code / Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. / Infinix Hot S Specs And Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.