Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? (6024 Views)

Toyota Or Honda Cars Which Is More Economical / Togo Tokuboh Cars Or Contonuo Tokuboh Cars Which Way To Go / Leather Seated Cars Vs. Fabric Seated Cars (which Is Better?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by Chiori(m): 1:53pm On Aug 15, 2007
it's easy. go to any of the search engines and engineering sites and do your research
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 15, 2007
henry007:

Dat stil doesnt prove anything.I think we need an auto engineer expert because this ,4 now, is only a matter of individual taste and preference.

I agree, most of the comments here are based on individual preference.

But, I'm speaking from an engineering point of view, and yes, I am a qualified one.
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by ola4u: 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2007
Auto jooooooooooooooo , Spoil the car and spare the man body.

Why am i working , little stress and much comfort , Oyinbo know why he made Auto
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by Njoy1(f): 2:49pm On Aug 24, 2007
As a lazy lady driver a prefer automatic car. I ain't got time for all that gear changing.
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by vigasimple(m): 2:01am On Aug 27, 2007
Part of the preference is due to lazyness in changing gears in MT.

AT will be good where there is traffic build up like Lagos even though it will burn your fuel and other stuff but then you stop worrying to change gears.

In lagos, maintance wise MT will be the best as it can cope with all eventualities.

BY the way I knew that ML mercedez has what is called Tiptronics, which allows you to drive the car like MT even though is AT. You can change the gears by just pushing the side to you and it will go from gear 1/2 to 4

I don't remeber using the manual transmission often though since I just concentrate on the AT to be able to use phone, put on music , Dvd etc sat nat so on a balance if i was to drive a sport car, then MT will be my choice to rev the car and change the gear to get the performance out but if it is just for ordinary motoring to work, out , travel while troubling yourself when you can have AT.

In lagos not such a good idea for AT for maintance sake.

So it may be better to have manuals as Auto can give you more problem and mechanics even in the UK and USa knows that AT is more expensive to maintain.
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by sojioguns(m): 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2007
The issue of manual vs auto in cars is solely a personal taste one. If i am an enthusiast driver, obviously i would prefer a MT but if i am a commuter just going to work, meetings, etc Why on earth would I need a MT? As per the issue of maintenance, any issue in a transmission is caused by the owner i believe. people dont even understand what the gears are for (P,R,N,D,2,L). The auto manufacturers didnt make these cars to pack up. The oldest AT car I have owned was a 1990 Mitsubishi galant and i never had any issue with the tranny and trust me, the car was old, always giving other issues but never the gear box.
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by Mustay(m): 5:48pm On Aug 31, 2007
[size=28pt]MANUAL[/size] IT IS
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by A40(m): 3:58am On Sep 02, 2007
Manual is obviously better with Auto the car is driving itself but with Lagos traffic Auto is a more enjoyable option
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by cgift(m): 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2007
AT for life smiley
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by Mustay(m): 3:51pm On Sep 06, 2007
A-40:

Manual is obviously better with Auto the car is driving itself but with Lagos traffic Auto is a more enjoyable option
. . .YEAH MAN, LAGOS TRAFFIC COULD BA REALLY CRAZY
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by henry007(m): 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2007
AT IS SIMPLY FLY. TALK ABOUT BEING A HOTTY WITHOUT DRIVIN AN AT. MT IS 4 THE ANCIENT AND GIGLIKE FOLKS SORRY 2 SAY. HAVE U EVE HEARD OF A CELEBRITY SWITCH BETWEEN GEARS?HE/SHE MUST SUCK!!! I MEAN LETS REALLY TALK ABOUT 'CLASS' AND NOT[/s] FANATICS[s]WHIMPS
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by Meristem: 9:40pm On Nov 22, 2008
, ONCE THE SELECTOR IS ON "grin", PUSH THIS PEDAL TO GO AND THAT OTHER ONE TO STOP, BROS DO YOU CALL THAT DRIVING??
DRIVE THE CAR; DON'T LET THE CAR DRIVE YOU!!!!

MANUAL ROCKS,
AUTO SUCKS!!!!
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by Mase3: 10:26pm On Nov 22, 2008
@ Meristem, it is called driving!

grin We who use Autos, don't have to do our "aerobics" while we drive.

Just kidding, if driving has been simplified, why "stick" to the "harder" way?
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by aieromon(m): 12:31pm On Dec 13, 2008
i spent 4hrs on the road last week friday during the experience nite and there and then,i made up my mind about dumping my MT for an auto.
useless lagos roads!
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by DonChizi(m): 4:08pm On Dec 14, 2008
i guess At is the best in Nigga.Cos At is now every where and taking over the world of cars and drives.At for life.Manual sucks and is stressful
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by sojioguns(m): 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2008
Why don't you just have the best of both worlds:
- The ease of the AT
- The fun of MT shifting and downshifting
GET AN AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH TIPTRONIC TRANSMISSION. THEY ARE GETTING BETTER EACH DAY.
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by igwe11(m): 4:40pm On Dec 14, 2008
sojioguns:

Why don't you just have the best of both worlds:
- The ease of the AT
- The fun of MT shifting and downshifting
GET AN AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH TIPTRONIC TRANSMISSION. THEY ARE GETTING BETTER EACH DAY.
All hands are not equal brother, but for the mean time AT makes driving interesting,at least one needs not to breakup with his woman in the course of teaching her  driving.  grin grin
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by 190: 12:01am On Dec 15, 2008
i dnt knw why people talk blindly anyaway
its AT anytym anyday
clean cars lyke camry 2007-2008 comes wit auto
manual is old fashioned
mak una throwaway all una manual cars

thats an advice
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by sojioguns(m): 8:42am On Dec 15, 2008
@ igwe 1, LMAO!! grin

@ 190, I think it would be safe to infer that this debate is solely a personal preference one. Go for the one that suits you.

My last car was a MT Toyota Yaris Sport and honestly it made me love MT, fun to drive, but I also lost some shoes (if you know what i mean). Now I would stick to auto anyday, preferably with tiptronic.
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by ladoma(m): 6:54am On Dec 18, 2008
nothing you wont see on nairaland.no type of people you wont see.can u imagine someone closing another person thread when he or she is not the moderator.that is a coup o.
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by CarlosVent(m): 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2011
To get the best out of a car Manual.
For people wey sabi driving Manual.

I will go with Manual all the way.
Re: Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? by sulakishop(m): 6:34am On Oct 06, 2012
So for somebody owning a car for the first time what will be the best option for such; auto or manual?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! / Questions and answers thread on Ac System. / My Budget Is 600-700k I Need A Second Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.