Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Is Jesus Christ A Christian : A Question Which Requires A Second Thought To Answ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ A Christian : A Question Which Requires A Second Thought To Answ (380 Views)

Is Jesus God? / A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame / A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus Christ A Christian : A Question Which Requires A Second Thought To Answ by Qualitynews: 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Is Jesus Christ A Christian : A Question Which Requires A Second Thought To Answ by qwertyboss(m): 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2020
Qualitynews:
Hmmmm
No he is not! Because the name Christianity was coinned after he was crucified. His followers were referred to as the crossians as a mockery by the jews.
The crossians later metamorphosize to Christians...
So he is a Jew...
Re: Is Jesus Christ A Christian : A Question Which Requires A Second Thought To Answ by MightySparrow: 8:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
Christ couldn't have been a Christian because those that gave the name to early believers in Antioch gave it because they were Christ - like. Christ couldn't have been like himself. What is the OP driving at?
Re: Is Jesus Christ A Christian : A Question Which Requires A Second Thought To Answ by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
MightySparrow:
Ghrist couldn't have been a christian because those that have the name to early believers in Antioch gave it because they were christ - like. Christ couldn't have been like himself. What is the op driving at?

we so called Christians have fvcked up so much that some people that are trying to believe in God wants to separate God and Jesus from christianity

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ A Christian : A Question Which Requires A Second Thought To Answ by UsmanBabaIdris: 11:38pm On Jul 22, 2020
The Word "Christ" is a Greek word meaning "anointed".
If Christ is a Greek word, then " Christianity " is unknown to Jesus because Jesus is not a Greek person!

Beside, Jesus is a JEW and never came to establish any new religion.
"...There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus said unto her, Give me to drink…Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, how is it that thou, BEING A JEW, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria?...” John. 4:6-10.

Christianity, both in word and as Religion is unknown to the Bible. Jesus is a Jew and he observe Sabbath Day and also teach in Synagogues (as we see all over the Bible).
He also said:
Matthew 5:17 “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus Christ A Christian : A Question Which Requires A Second Thought To Answ by sagenaija: 6:43am On Jul 23, 2020
UsmanBabaIdris:
The Word "Christ" is a Greek word meaning "anointed".
If Christ is a Greek word, then " Christianity " is unknown to Jesus because Jesus is not a Greek person!

Beside, Jesus is a JEW and never came to establish any new religion.
"...There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus said unto her, Give me to drink…Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, how is it that thou, BEING A JEW, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria?...” John. 4:6-10.

Christianity, both in word and as Religion is unknown to the Bible. Jesus is a Jew and he observe Sabbath Day and also teach in Synagogues (as we see all over the Bible).
He also said:
Matthew 5:17 “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.”

If the Jew is speaking or writing about CHRIST in the Hebrew would he use a Greek word?

If Christianity is unknown to the Bible then what is the entire New Testament of the Bible all about?

What did Jesus mean by fulfilling the Law?

When you guys are fed with LIES to make you remain ENSLAVED to Islam your above post is the kind of thing that results.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A Christian : A Question Which Requires A Second Thought To Answ by UsmanBabaIdris: 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2020
Jesus came to fulfill the laws of Moses and not to establish a new religion.

He observed the Sabbath day, worship and even taught in synagogue. That is more than enough evidence of his Judaic faith.

if that didn't convince you, then show me where Christianity is mentioned in the Bible?
Re: Is Jesus Christ A Christian : A Question Which Requires A Second Thought To Answ by qwertyboss(m): 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
UsmanBabaIdris:
[color=#006600][/color]
Christianity is more of a formation rather than a religion...
Because Jesus only came to fullfil the commandments but was rejected by the jews because they thought he was bringing something new and they sought to kill him...
Re: Is Jesus Christ A Christian : A Question Which Requires A Second Thought To Answ by qwertyboss(m): 1:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
1StopRudeness:

we so called Christians have fvcked up so much that some people that are trying to believe in God wants to separate God and Jesus from christianity
That's just the fact! Jesus was a Jew!
He was sent to fulfill the commandments of Moses but was rejected by the jews his own people...
Jesus will disown Christianity if he returns because he never said he was god nor son of god... These are all excesses of those who later followed his teachings

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ A Christian : A Question Which Requires A Second Thought To Answ by Bruno3000(m): 1:58pm On Jul 23, 2020
Was Buddha a buddhist? mumu question.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A Christian : A Question Which Requires A Second Thought To Answ by sagenaija: 3:48pm On Jul 23, 2020
UsmanBabaIdris:
Jesus came to fulfill the laws of Moses and not to establish a new religion.

He observed the Sabbath day, worship and even taught in synagogue. That is more than enough evidence of his Judaic faith.

if that didn't convince you, then show me where Christianity is mentioned in the Bible?
Can you also show us from the Bible where it says that he did not come to establish a new religion? The onus is on you to DIRECTLY prove that. Jesus said "I will build my church". If that was not a declaration of a new thing then tell us what it is.

The Jews were looking forward to a SAVIOUR. Not just another prophet. When Jesus was born the Angels declared that fact to the shepherds.

Jesus was accused by the religious leaders of his day of violating the Sabbath. He responded by saying "For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”
Matthew 12:8 (AMP)
In simple terms that means the Master or Owner of the Sabbath. You'll agree with me that that is not the declaration of a mere man.

When Jesus gave messages seven churches in the book of Revelation he never queried them on why they call themselves Christians. He queried them on some other issues. Don't you think of it was as serious as you're making out the issue of name to be that Jesus would have indicted the Christians at that time?

Can you show us where the Koran asked you to slaughter animals for festivals, pray 5 times a day or using the hadith?

If these things are not in the Koran why do you do them? And you're here pointing at what is or is not in the Bible.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A Christian : A Question Which Requires A Second Thought To Answ by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2020
qwertyboss:

That's just the fact! Jesus was a Jew!
He was sent to fulfill the commandments of Moses but was rejected by the jews his own people...
Jesus will disown Christianity if he returns because he never said he was god nor son of god... These are all excesses of those who later followed his teachings

Jesus or God isn’t Jew or christain... they ddnt promote religion....we are the ones that religionize believing and following God or Jesus.

I don't think Jesus is coming to disown anyone for being called a nickname...remember, christianity is more of a nickname or an insult to those who followed christ...after Jesus left

I don't know which bible you read, he did call him self the son of God...thats the reason the Jews killed him. they accused him of blasphemy..
they already lied the signs and wonders was by the power of belzebub..and he was clear that he was never against the law...
what got them really angry is the blasphemy that he was a greater and he even somhow equated himself to a divinity, greater than their fathjer Abraham and moses..
John 8v48-58 also John 17v1-5, John 10v36..
Re: Is Jesus Christ A Christian : A Question Which Requires A Second Thought To Answ by qwertyboss(m): 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Jesus or God isn’t Jew or christain... they ddnt promote religion....we are the ones that religionize believing and following God or Jesus.

I don't think Jesus is coming to disown anyone for being called a nickname...remember, christianity is more of a nickname or an insult to those who followed christ...after Jesus left

I don't know which bible you read, he did call him self the son of God...thats the reason the Jews killed him. they accused him of blasphemy..
they already lied the signs and wonders was by the power of belzebub..and he was clear that he was never against the law...
what got them really angry is the blasphemy that he was a greater and he even somhow equated himself to a divinity, greater than their fathjer Abraham and moses..
John 8v48-58 also John 17v1-5, John 10v36..

Jesus doesn't mean he is literally the son of God but in the metaphorical sense, the way our black race perceived it is like God gave birth to him or something like that but in actual sense and in the culture of the people then, when someone is favoured by God they said his the son of God metaphorically...
Re: Is Jesus Christ A Christian : A Question Which Requires A Second Thought To Answ by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
qwertyboss:

Jesus doesn't mean he is literally the son of God but in the metaphorical sense, the way our black race perceived it is like God gave birth to him or something like that but in actual sense and in the culture of the people then, when someone is favoured by God they said his the son of God metaphorically...

You are funny...why are u assuming what is not...
God doesn’t have sex, he can’t give birth to a son.... we all know that...why are u saying black people think God gave birth to Jesus in actual sense...??

.He is God, His capacity is not quantifiable, if he says he has a son (john 3v22) who am I to question him....
So weda Jesus referred to himself as a son in metaphor or a son in spirit, or whichever way....He did claim divinity...before Abraham or Moses he already existed...

1) Let me get what you are driving at by emphasizing that Jesus is not the son of God.

2) if Jesus isn’t the son of God, who is he...??
Another prophet showing of signs thousands of years after previous prophets.....??

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ A Christian : A Question Which Requires A Second Thought To Answ by qwertyboss(m): 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2020
1StopRudeness:

You are funny...why are u assuming what is not...
God doesn’t have sex, he can’t give birth to a son.... we all know that...why are u saying black people think God gave birth to Jesus in actual sense...??

.He is God, His capacity is not quantifiable, if he says he has a son (john 3v22) who am I to question him....
So weda Jesus referred to himself as a son in metaphor or a son in spirit, or whichever way....He did claim divinity...before Abraham or Moses he already existed...

1) Let me get what you are driving at by emphasizing that Jesus is not the son of God.

2) if Jesus isn’t the son of God, who is he...??
Another prophet showing of signs thousands of years after previous prophets.....??

What's your basis for Jesus being the son of God?
Is it because he has no human father?
If that's the case then what will you call Adam?
He has no human parents unlike Jesus whose mother is Marry
Re: Is Jesus Christ A Christian : A Question Which Requires A Second Thought To Answ by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2020
qwertyboss:

What's your basis for Jesus being the son of God?

Is it because he has no human father?
If that's the case then what will you call Adam?
He has no human parents unlike Jesus whose mother is Marry

You are one of those people that won’t answer people’s question but u will inturn ask a question and expect an answer...that’s not good dialogue, are u afraid of something??
But I’ll indulge you all the same ...

I already answered this above question with the words of Jesus in the gospel of john in my last comment which I claimed is false without any backing...here you are again asking me “is it becos he has no human father like Adam”....was that the answer I gave u initially...??

We always want to be bring logical out of scripture... I do it too sometimes... but there no point.....
There’s nothing logical about :
Red Sea slitting into two
A talking donkey
A virgin giving birth
A man or during but ascending to the skies

If I believe all of these why would I have a hard time accepting that Jesus is the son of God.... it’s like limiting the capacity of God...

(1) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: Pastor Poju Oyemade Weighs In On The Dangers Of Abusing Men Of God / How To Get Powerful Prayer Points For God's Protection And Guidance In Your Life / World Rosary Prayer And October Devotion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.