Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe (1536 Views)

How Tinubu Turned Many Igbos To Billionaires, By Joe Igbokwe / Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) / What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 22, 2020
TeejayMaya:
Joe Igbokwe says it raw!

"Did the Yoruba go to war when June 12 1993 Presidential Election won by their illustrious son Chief MKO Abiola was annulled on June 23rd 1993 on a sheet of paper by IBB?

Did Yoruba go to war when Abiola’s wife Alhaja Kudirat Abiola was murdered in Lagos in the morning of Jun 4 1996?

Did Yoruba go to war when the winner of that historic election was poisoned on July 7 1998?

Did Yoruba go to war when those who killed Abiola imposed Obasanjo on them as President in 1999?

Did Yoruba accept Chief Ernest Shonekan when IBB made him to head the interim government in 1993? Yoruba rejected OBJ and Shonekan because this unique race has never been slaves to public office and yet they have remained number one in Nigeria in almost everything. This is wisdom and strategic thinking at work.

Those of us who have lived in Yoruba land for years should not only learn how to wear Aso Ebi, eat Ewedu soup or dance Owambe, music.

We must have also learned other unique things from them like sharing property to both male and female children, religious tolerance, ethnic tolerance, transferring legacies from generation to generation. Do you know that APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s wife is a Christian? Do you know that former Governor Fashola’s wife is a Christian? We can learn a lot from Yoruba. Yoruba too can learn from Igbo in areas of thinking home, business enterprise, self-help, apprenticeship, etc.

A Yoruba woman, a Pastor Mrs. Eunice Olawale Elisha of the Redeemed Christian Church of God old NEPA Road Phase 4 Kubwa, Abuja was killed by unknown persons on Saturday morning of July 9, 2016, while preaching the gospel around 5.30am. I have followed the reactions on the internety and Yoruba do not behave like the Igbo. They have been speaking but not preaching hate. They have called for the culprits to be fished out, prosecuted and punished. If Mrs. Eunice Elisha had been an Igbo hell would have been let loose. There would have been abuses and abuses. But Yoruba are not Igbo. This is civilization. This is strategic thinking. I hope our people can learn from this. Civility is not a sign of weakness. He who fights and run away lives to fight another day.

When GEJ marginalized Yoruba in his cabinet for five years despite been the most vocal in an effort to make him president, Yorubas didn't threaten anybody, they didn't abuse anybody, they simply fought in a peaceful & civilized way to effect a change in 2015 using their PVC. Today the most active VP since the independence & most likely, the next president of Nigeria is Yoruba. Fashola heads 3 ministries & referred to as prime minister in some parlance, Kemi Adeosun heads finance, Fayemi heads mines etc. That's how to fight for relevance in multi faceted country like Nigeria & not taking up arm against everybody.

To have ears is not to listen, to listen is not to hear, to hear is not to understand, to understand is not to put to practice. I know that writing this may not get me many friends among the Igbo, but it always gets me the right ones"

- Joe Igbokwe
CULLED from Osezele Isaiah FB post

https://mbasic.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2083237495293128&id=100008206937327&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.2083237495293128%3Atl_objid.2083237495293128%3Athrowback_story_fbid.2083237495293128%3Athid.100008206937327%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1530428399%3A2993722287373435468&__tn__=%2As-R

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2020
GodIsBiafran:
lipsrsealed Joe Igbokwe has a point. I actually admire (note I did not say 'like', I 'admire' them) Yorubas. They are very intelligent and strategic. Their culture is far more flexible and resilient than any in the country. And, I see nothing wrong in emulating what is good about them and discarding the rubbish part. I believe if Igbos can unite and be as strategic, we will dominate EVERY SINGLE SECTOR in this country. This is our achilles heels. The greater Igbo nation has two major goals to achieve before the actualization of Biafra:

1. Elect an Igbo President in 2023

2. Work with the greater South to Restructure Nigeria.

After this, the actualization of Biafra will be a walk in the park.

NB: I have also noticed that some Igbo parents teach their children from an early age to despise Yorubas. This is a counter-productive strategy because either we like it or not, we need each other in this complex Nigerian environment. I thank God my parents did not teach me hate. I am 100 % Biafran but I do not believe HATE is a requirement to be a Biafran or to achieve Biafra. Biafra when it is realized will be the shinning light on the hill. And hate will not take us there. Only strategic thinking and planning; and making deals with people we disagree with will take us there.

The bolded is very true... They teach their kids to. Hate yoruba right from birth

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Coder2Client(m): 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2020
Okay, we are here to learn from one another.
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by myles16(m): 8:37pm On Jul 22, 2020
Nice one Mr Joe
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by ibadanjjc: 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2020
[quote author=marriagebyigbo post=91995621][/quote]

download location changer on the appstore , then activate developer options on your settings , then open it and set mock location to the said location changer and you're good to go
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by nku5: 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2020
Sharrap and clean Tinubu's gutter there. Special adviser on Lagos Agbepo services grin

9 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 22, 2020
ibadanjjc:

download location changer on the appstore , then activate developer options on your settings , then open it and set mock location to the said location changer and you're good to go

Are u lost?

Is that for igbokwe or me?
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by kingzizzy: 8:46pm On Jul 22, 2020
marriagebyigbo:

The bolded is very true... They teach their kids to. Hate yoruba right from birth

So why do Yorubas still want to be in the same country with Igbos if they know this

7 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Kenny242(m): 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2020
ummm
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2020
marriagebyigbo:

Incidentally I did not know that there was so much hatred amongst Nigerian tribes until I discovered Nairaland over a decade ago. It was on Nairaland I saw tribal hatred for the first time

10 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by adekolaelect(m): 9:11pm On Jul 22, 2020
kingzizzy:

So why do Yorubas still want to be in the same country with Igbos if they know this
Yoruba's are not interested in you being with Nigeria or not .you Igbo's always Insulted Yoruba's for not joining you to fight for your freedom !! Why do you rely on us to help you to fight for what will not have any positive outcome ? Fight on your own and what you believe in .Cowards blames others for their failures .it is not by force to share the same ideas with you Igbo's .you can't expect everybody to be Insultive, Abusive, violence and intolerance as you people are .Yoruba's are not the genesis on your problems and can not be the solution to it .

11 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2020
Money must be made even if it takes pressing Yoruba mumu button to make them happy

Joe Igboekwe is playing his game well I must say

12 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 22, 2020
kingzizzy:

Because Yoruba are tolerant
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by noleflendum: 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2020
Ibo Catholics will not like this
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by MightySparrow: 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2020
Joe yorubakwe is on his own, we Igbo are smarter than any black in the world. We don't learn from anybody rather others should learn from us. Igbo amaka!

6 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 22, 2020
MightySparrow:
Joe yorubakwe is on his own, we Igbo are smarter than any black in the world. We don't learn from anybody rather others should learn from us. Igbo amaka!

If igbos say they are smart, just show them Nnamdi Kanu

7 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Dedetwo(m): 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2020
marriagebyigbo:

TeejayMaya:
Joe Igbokwe says it raw!

"Did the Yoruba go to war when June 12 1993 Presidential Election won by their illustrious son Chief MKO Abiola was annulled on June 23rd 1993 on a sheet of paper by IBB?

Did Yoruba go to war when Abiola’s wife Alhaja Kudirat Abiola was murdered in Lagos in the morning of Jun 4 1996?

Did Yoruba go to war when the winner of that historic election was poisoned on July 7 1998?

Did Yoruba go to war when those who killed Abiola imposed Obasanjo on them as President in 1999?

Did Yoruba accept Chief Ernest Shonekan when IBB made him to head the interim government in 1993? Yoruba rejected OBJ and Shonekan because this unique race has never been slaves to public office and yet they have remained number one in Nigeria in almost everything. This is wisdom and strategic thinking at work.

Those of us who have lived in Yoruba land for years should not only learn how to wear Aso Ebi, eat Ewedu soup or dance Owambe, music.

We must have also learned other unique things from them like sharing property to both male and female children, religious tolerance, ethnic tolerance, transferring legacies from generation to generation. Do you know that APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s wife is a Christian? Do you know that former Governor Fashola’s wife is a Christian? We can learn a lot from Yoruba. Yoruba too can learn from Igbo in areas of thinking home, business enterprise, self-help, apprenticeship, etc.

A Yoruba woman, a Pastor Mrs. Eunice Olawale Elisha of the Redeemed Christian Church of God old NEPA Road Phase 4 Kubwa, Abuja was killed by unknown persons on Saturday morning of July 9, 2016, while preaching the gospel around 5.30am. I have followed the reactions on the internety and Yoruba do not behave like the Igbo. They have been speaking but not preaching hate. They have called for the culprits to be fished out, prosecuted and punished. If Mrs. Eunice Elisha had been an Igbo hell would have been let loose. There would have been abuses and abuses. But Yoruba are not Igbo. This is civilization. This is strategic thinking. I hope our people can learn from this. Civility is not a sign of weakness. He who fights and run away lives to fight another day.

When GEJ marginalized Yoruba in his cabinet for five years despite been the most vocal in an effort to make him president, Yorubas didn't threaten anybody, they didn't abuse anybody, they simply fought in a peaceful & civilized way to effect a change in 2015 using their PVC. Today the most active VP since the independence & most likely, the next president of Nigeria is Yoruba. Fashola heads 3 ministries & referred to as prime minister in some parlance, Kemi Adeosun heads finance, Fayemi heads mines etc. That's how to fight for relevance in multi faceted country like Nigeria & not taking up arm against everybody.

To have ears is not to listen, to listen is not to hear, to hear is not to understand, to understand is not to put to practice. I know that writing this may not get me many friends among the Igbo, but it always gets me the right ones"

- Joe Igbokwe
CULLED from Osezele Isaiah FB post

https://mbasic.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2083237495293128&id=100008206937327&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.2083237495293128%3Atl_objid.2083237495293128%3Athrowback_story_fbid.2083237495293128%3Athid.100008206937327%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1530428399%3A2993722287373435468&__tn__=%2As-R

I really do not know why a certain section of Nigeria tends to ride in illogicality. Nobody has ever passed a canceled WAEC. The June 12 1993 Nigerian Presidential Election was canceled and Nigerians did not see the conclusion of the process. It is beyond human imagination how the narratives of the canceled election ended as a process won by one goofy politician. The writer of the above crap would have ascertained that Yari.ba would not go to war even if reincarnated Oduduwa is murdered in Ibadan. After all, the son of the soil had been cool-bloodedly killed in Ibadan and the entire Yari.ba nation behaved as if nothing happened.

In addition, there is absolutely nothing Ndigbo can learn from Yari.ba.

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by MightySparrow: 11:20pm On Jul 22, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

If igbos say they are smart, just show them Nnamdi Kanu
He is better than Buhari

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Racoon(m): 11:21pm On Jul 22, 2020
Joe Igbokwe can continue to say what he likes and keep on wallowing in his idiocy.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Commonsense99: 11:22pm On Jul 22, 2020
grin
Joe igbokwe again, Since he already knows his Kings men are hot tempered, Let him not allow igbos to give him the Nuremberg treatment.
Basically he is asking us to tolerate bullying from Fulani men huh? Conveniently forgetting to advice the aggressive North who generate all the misbehaviour against other ethnic Nationalities. That's not who we are, we believe in Eye for an Eye biblical laws.

adekolaelect:
Yoruba's are not interested in you being with Nigeria or not .you Igbo's always Insulted Yoruba's for not joining you to fight for your freedom !! Why do you rely on us to help you to fight for what will not have any positive outcome ? Fight on your own and what you believe in .Cowards blames others for their failures .it is not by force to share the same ideas with you Igbo's .you can't expect everybody to be Insultive, Abusive, violence and intolerance as you people are .Yoruba's are not the genesis on your problems and can not be the solution to it .
Wonders!! A yoruba man calling igbos cowards.. grin
No one has ever asked you to join us in our fight bro., we know your low level of testosterone, cannot sustain any battle. grin
All Ndigbo has been complained is that you remove your leprosy saboteur fingers from antagonising our fight. We don't want to focus our aggression on you just yet.
By d way, how far have you gone in your shyt-hole project Nigg@ area? grin grin
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 22, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Money must be made even if it takes pressing Yoruba mumu button to make them happy

Joe Igboekwe is playing his game well I must say

U mean igbo presidential candidate Joe Igbokwe, Lagos gutter affair...

Better don't disrespect ur elders

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Dedetwo(m): 11:26pm On Jul 22, 2020
marriagebyigbo:

GodIsBiafran:
lipsrsealed Joe Igbokwe has a point. I actually admire (note I did not say 'like', I 'admire' them) Yorubas. They are very intelligent and strategic. Their culture is far more flexible and resilient than any in the country. And, I see nothing wrong in emulating what is good about them and discarding the rubbish part. I believe if Igbos can unite and be as strategic, we will dominate EVERY SINGLE SECTOR in this country. This is our achilles heels. The greater Igbo nation has two major goals to achieve before the actualization of Biafra:

1. Elect an Igbo President in 2023

2. Work with the greater South to Restructure Nigeria.

After this, the actualization of Biafra will be a walk in the park.

NB: I have also noticed that some Igbo parents teach their children from an early age to despise Yorubas. This is a counter-productive strategy because either we like it or not, we need each other in this complex Nigerian environment. I thank God my parents did not teach me hate. I am 100 % Biafran but I do not believe HATE is a requirement to be a Biafran or to achieve Biafra. Biafra when it is realized will be the shinning light on the hill. And hate will not take us there. Only strategic thinking and planning; and making deals with people we disagree with will take us there

The bolded is arrant nonsense. Igbo parents teach their children the real historical facts such as Yari.ba joined the northern region political and military elites to precipitate war against Ndigbo and Biafrans in 1967. Igbo parents have no time loading up their children with fairy-tales such as wrestling match called Kiriji.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Dedetwo(m): 11:30pm On Jul 22, 2020
MightySparrow:
He is better than Buhari

Where is one Sorowe? At least, Nnamdi Kanu is still punching within his weight class.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by MightySparrow: 11:34pm On Jul 22, 2020
Dedetwo:

Where is one Sorowe? At least, Nnamdi Kanu is still punching within his weight class.
you get it my brother.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by OruExpress: 11:36pm On Jul 22, 2020
MightySparrow:

why stop at black? lol
low self-esteem, loud voice.

5 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by EagleNest(m): 11:44pm On Jul 22, 2020
Joe Igbokwe the fool! Talking trash as always!
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Commonsense99: 11:46pm On Jul 22, 2020
Dedetwo:

Nnamdi kanu actually challenged them during Sowores take it back protest, that if they sustain a protest with up to 100 men, he will shut down Nigeria! And boy, did he lie? How many minutes did they last in their revolution? Bloody coward!!
Joe igbokwe should be told, that evolution have always favoured the most rugged and smartest, it's survival of the fittest. If igbos were that tolerating, by now the Koran would have been dipped into the ocean, all of us will be practicing 12th century Islam. (God forbid).
Igbos antics is actually inadvertently protecting yorubas in this project Nigg@ area.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by ClassicMan202(m): 12:23am On Jul 23, 2020
This toad is still spewing rubbish up and down
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by SarkinYarki: 1:52am On Jul 23, 2020
This man will say anything to guarantee his meal ticket in Lagos but that said the only things I love about Yoruba are their some of their women and their religious tolerance

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Cashsteady(m): 2:14am On Jul 23, 2020
kingzizzy:

Look at this alaigbo boy you think youruba people care about your useless biafra incase you don't youruba people will be glad to have you out of Nigeria (Yoruba land to be precise) population will reduce, resources pressure will reduce and so many other bad things will leave the Yoruba land

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari: Those Training Their Children Abroad Sabotage Economy; Nigerian Replies / FG To Hospitals: Replace Striking Doctors With NYSC Members / "Stop Killing Northerners In The South East" - Shia Muslim Begs Igbos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.