Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank (38998 Views)

Bank Manager Attacked By Kids Of Man Who Went Naked At Their Bank To Get N5k / Gunmen Kill Two In Kaduna, Kidnap Sick Policeman, Elisha Abu Saved By Prayers / They Scout For Obituaries Of Rich People To Steal Money In Their Bank Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by yungprinzy(m): 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2020
Jimasun:

If you can write articles, I can link you up with someone that regularly outsource writing works
am also interested link me up on watsapp at 08180891896
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 23, 2020
thesicilian:
If I say Hush you say Pup another man say Py omo na u sabi

Plenty yahoo for inside ajegunle

1 Like

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by yungprinzy(m): 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2020
ogbiwa:
A Premier League club came close to losing £1 million during a transfer deal due to cyber hackers.

The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) said it was only the intervention of the unnamed club's bank that stopped the theft.

It was one of several incidents highlighted as evidence that sport needed to improve its cybersecurity.

"The impact of cybercriminals cashing in on this industry is very real," said the NCSC's Paul Chichester.

A new report from the NCSC says the email address of a Premier League club's managing director had been hacked during a transfer negotiation, leading to the attempt to steal the £1 million.

The report also says that a Football League club was targeted by hackers who cut off its security systems, blocking turnstiles and almost resulting in a fixture postponement.

And it added that in one incident a member of staff at a racecourse lost £15,000 after attempting to buy groundskeeping equipment from a fake version of eBay.

Sir Hugh Robertson, chair of the British Olympic Association, said in the report: "This report is a crucial first step, helping sports organisations to better understand the threat and highlighting practical steps that organisation should take to improve cybersecurity practices."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/53507070
This is too bad fraudulent and cybercrime has gone too high within the recent years, meanwhile if u ar in ebonyi state or abakaliki contact me @ 08180891896 for repairs of your printer and computer including laptops and c p u
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by GODWIN78(m): 2:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
I,got a Russian lady
she told me if I,want she can hack a betting site for me ,she now demand for my user name,i,was afraid make she no go collect all the money their,but how genuine does that sound.
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by Uzoofficialll: 2:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
gasparpisciotta:
White folks are responsible for 99% of hacking done worldwide but black guys like Hushpuppi are used as pawns to launder the money obtained by the hackers.

true talk bro.. well said
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by Chudivictor(m): 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2020
should be arsenal, they have a week defense
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by GasAndOilTheory(m): 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2020
How do these people do all these
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
gasparpisciotta:
White folks are responsible for 99% of hacking done worldwide but black guys like Hushpuppi are used as pawns to launder the money obtained by the hackers.
this particular thought flashed through my mind a while a go,

Indeed they might be fronting them
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by thesicilian: 4:10pm On Jul 23, 2020
Trigalee:

Plenty yahoo for inside ajegunle
grin grin grin
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by offset67(m): 4:47pm On Jul 23, 2020
Na dem, set awon hush puppy gang
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by earnit3: 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2020
ye
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by dumininu01(m): 4:57pm On Jul 23, 2020
Na arsenal e go be grin
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by Annie001: 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2020
Realtalk20:
angry

Jesus of Nazareth

Read the comments and you will realize alot of Nigerians are very dumb , stupid and have extremely low IQs wow!!

Some are saying who will they blame when hush puppie is in prison?? , some are talking that yeah this was done by a white guy..

You are all very stupid!! This was the same crime hush puppie commited the club is just now coming out to release this information officially!

The Americans released this information same with Dubia earlier but the UK club never did

How hard is that for a brain to process ?

No wonder my HR friend always cried that most Nigerians are unemployable...

I mean wow .. how dumb are Nigerians really?

Passive Intelligence isn't that hard haba!!
Airing your opinion with so much insult shows how stupid you are yourself
Nuisance!!!
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by Realtalk20: 8:44pm On Jul 23, 2020
[s]
Annie001:

Airing your opinion with so much insult shows how stupid you are yourself
Nuisance!!!
[/s]

Shut the hell up

Dolt
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by edward1106(m): 10:24pm On Jul 23, 2020
donbachi:
he can pull it from there.

Don't think so. Instead, the most criminal minded country, USA may use his and Woodberry's skills to drain their rivals, China and Russia. Those are good targets. wink
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by jimb(m): 11:08pm On Jul 23, 2020
matrix
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by RPG2020(m): 12:45am On Jul 24, 2020
RichDad1:
They’ll soon link it to Nigerians forgetting that Chinese, Indians and Russians are more sophisticated and deadly cyber criminals than Nigerians. undecided undecided undecided

Them dey show off?
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 24, 2020
Scam will never end, this world is turning to something else, there is no security, check YouTube it can teach you anything like how to hack anything. So nothing is safe, one day will will go back to the analog way of doing things because of insecurity.
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by AnyaoguW6(m): 8:58am On Jul 24, 2020
Join Bevely Foundation on Instagram to be part of there pandemic quiz program, any one who answered the quiz question will receive there pandemic quiz prize. This quiz is conducted on Instagram @beverlyfoundation every Friday by 9pm.
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 26, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Jails Soldier, Suleiman Olamilekan For Beating Actress / Slay Mamas Battle To Stabilise Friend Who Took Colorado & Started Convulsing / Man Stripped And Tied To A Pole In Warri For Stealing A Plasma TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.