Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:19 AM

Olumo Rock Pictures - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Olumo Rock Pictures (31479 Views)

TMTN Visit To OLUMO ROCK Abeokuta, See Full History,new Pictures And Video. / My Field Trip To Olumo Rock In Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria.. / Olumo Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by luridguy(m): 3:19pm On Jan 18, 2006
dis is a picture of Riyom Rock in PLATEAU

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by luridguy(m): 3:33pm On Jan 18, 2006
i think this is Abuja am not really sure but its called suleja rock

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by luridguy(m): 3:36pm On Jan 18, 2006
talking of nice places in nigeria if u have not been to obudu ranch ............then u have seen nuttin this is the best picture i could get

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Bonie(m): 5:06pm On Jan 18, 2006
This Olumo Rock will be a very good place for tourist attraction, Seun How is the place presently have the completed all the cxonstruction, i realy love nature and will like to travel there one of this holiday for some adventure.

Cheers
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Bonie(m): 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2006
That First Rock is Abuja, the second one is Suleja in Niger State, there was a time backward when the inscription on the N100 naira note on the Rock Zuma Rock Abuja, but there was some little conflict by suleja Niger State indigens claiming that Abuja want to seize there land, the inscription Zuma Rock Abuja was then erase to avoid the insinuation that Abuja wanted to seize suleja.

Lol cool cool cool
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by mizkay(f): 11:18pm On Jan 18, 2006
would so love to go there...........cant wait
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by disney(f): 4:51am On Jan 19, 2006
Seun, you make me feel so homesick. Cool pix, keep on doing ur thing. Good job. wink wink
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by obong(m): 5:31am On Jan 19, 2006
anyone here been to nigerian game parks like cross river national park, yankari and gashka-gumpti. what did you think? recommend it?
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by dagaro(m): 11:36am On Jan 19, 2006
@Seun
You are wellcome, the third pic is showing where the people that hide for the war put their lamp. For your information they stayed there for ten years under the rocks (Abeokuta),as you know that where the name ABEOKUTA  came from.Let me take you from the bigining, I travel to Abeoukuta last year to work with my freind who is a developer working with the Flashers, so I decieded to visit the historical rock that I use to read since my primary days. So we got this lady to take us to the place because my pal confessed that he never been to the place throughout his staying in Abeokuta. Let get going...........

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by dagaro(m): 11:48am On Jan 19, 2006
I saw this Mosque on my way to Olumo Rock

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by dagaro(m): 11:53am On Jan 19, 2006
You can buy all this at the gate of Olumo Rock.

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by mizkay(f): 11:55am On Jan 19, 2006
and you can just go and stand on the road and wait for dagaro to take you to OLUMU ROCK --- sounds like a learnED tour guide to me wink
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by dagaro(m): 12:00pm On Jan 19, 2006
I bought one for myself.

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by dagaro(m): 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2006
@mizkay
So Bicycle and petrol satation don jam again
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by layi(m): 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2006
I was @ Olumo rock on january 2nd 2006. I vowed never to go back there until the construction is finished.
My hesarts was literarily in my muth at d top. Any fight or slip and u'll meet ur self on the ground in heaven. Its a trap to me. They should hav made raiment guides all over the stones. Its too risk climbing steep rocks to the top without any guide in case u trip.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by dagaro(m): 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2006
We are now in the premises, mind you if you are with a camera you have to pay for the camera too after paying for yourself(50 Naira each).

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by dagaro(m): 12:42pm On Jan 19, 2006
For guys like layi that are afraid of height grin this is a lift for you under construction.

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by dagaro(m): 4:54pm On Jan 19, 2006
Don't stare up the stairs, but step up the stairs!
The rock is divide into three stages, we are on our way to the first stage. Behind me u can see a group of student that came for excursion.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by dagaro(m): 5:04pm On Jan 19, 2006
Wow..
This is Abeokuta from the first stage view.

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by dagaro(m): 5:16pm On Jan 19, 2006
We took this on the first stage of the Rock. I will give you gays a break now till we meet on the second stage cheesy.waiting for your Comments!
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by buckeye(m): 7:31pm On Feb 04, 2006
nice one dagaro, i am really enjoying the show .please keep them coming.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Idekeson(m): 7:42pm On Feb 04, 2006
Nice!
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by egus(m): 9:07am On Feb 07, 2006
Good job dagaro. For those of you who have been there,is it common to see whites there? Was planning to come over with a friend.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Hero(m): 12:12pm On Feb 07, 2006
Once the park is finished, will there be tour buses that'll take people the the park from larger nearby cities, like Lagos and Ibadan? If not, this would be a good thing for the gov. to invest in... as many would-be tourist will probably have to access Abeokuta via these such larger cities, and a nice tour bus to take them to the park and bring them back would be a major incentive for them to go and visit the park.

On another note, I would like to also state that it would be extremely beneficial for Edo State to begin investing in it's historical sites. Most often in the west, when one speaks of Nigeria's historical richness... they (knowledgeable westerners) most often think of and talk about the nearly ((1,000)) year old rich history of the Great Benin Empire/Kingdom. Resuscitation and proper preservation of the remaining entities left behind by this dynamic ancient civilization will no doubt bring in massive tourist revenue from the West and Asia... On a visit to Benin City, the ancient capital of worldly renowned Empire, I was really disappointed in the extreme lack of preservation of its ancient historical structures... like the city walls, moats, ditches, old imperial roads, and especially the large building structures in which were highly revered by the Portuguese upon their arrival in the city for the first time back in the mid 1300's.

It actually made me very angry, that the keepers of one of Africa's greatest cultural feats, allowed it to rot away in to a bunch of nothingness, while the Europeans, Asians and even Natives of the Americas Cherish and preserve their ancient historical sites with pristine vigour.  angry It's a damn shame if you ask me.  How can you allow such a thing to happen to your history, your people's entire (((millenium's))) worth of dedication and work, is beyond me to even begin to comprehend.  But hey; different strokes for different folks, as they say.  undecided
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by debbieolat(f): 1:12pm On Feb 07, 2006
Hey y'all, u can all get the latest pictures of olumo rock on www.ogunstate.gov.ng, it's awesome. I can't wait to visit nigeria and see for myself. It's a pretty sight. Check it out
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by buckeye(m): 3:02pm On Feb 07, 2006
debbieolat:

Hey y'all, u can all get the latest pictures of olumo rock on www.ogunstate.gov.ng, it's awesome. I can't wait to visit nigeria and see for myself. It's a pretty sight. Check it out

u should have pasted the exact link, ii wount let me go beyond the home page.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by jclord(f): 6:38pm On Feb 11, 2006
Seaun thanks for sharing a slice of Nigeria with us armchair travelers! Nigeria is beautiful !
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by bigtaj(m): 11:57am On Mar 29, 2006
smiley Olumo is such a nice place to visit, do u remember this place.

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by dagaro(m): 8:42pm On Mar 29, 2006
bigtaj:

smiley Olumo is such a nice place to visit, do u remember this place.
Wow! who do we have in the house? I remember that place Bigtaj.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by naijarikan(m): 10:05pm On May 04, 2006
Wow! Nice pix. I don't believe I attended Ogun Poly and never thought of visiting Olumo rock! embarassed
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by dagaro(m): 6:00pm On May 05, 2006
naijarikan:

Wow! Nice pix. I don't believe I attended Ogun Poly and never thought of visiting Olumo rock! embarassed
embarassed
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by engr17(m): 5:23pm On May 14, 2006
Hi ,
I was thinking that you should give the height and gist us about the discoverings of Olumo rock
I wish to know all about it

Engr17

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Graphic Photos: Fatal Accident Along Oshodi-apapa Expressway Claims 2 Lives / FG To Begin Dry Run Ahead Of Domestic Flights Resumption / The Ten Worst Places To Live In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.