Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Olumo Rock Pictures - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Olumo Rock Pictures (31043 Views)

TMTN Visit To OLUMO ROCK Abeokuta, See Full History,new Pictures And Video. / My Field Trip To Olumo Rock In Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria.. / Olumo Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by DaHitler(m): 10:17pm On May 14, 2006
Awesome pictues. Its nice to see that Ogun state (My home state) is doing things to attract tourist.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Sammiejo: 7:29am On Jun 29, 2006
Seun,
I intend to visit the Olumo rock sometime soon Could you help with information on fees and directions on how to get there from Lagos. Are there tour packages?
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by debbieolat(f): 6:58pm On Jun 29, 2006
My fiance is due back in few days and he went to olumo while in Nigeria, i will definitely ask him how much it cost to get in there.

Will keep you posted
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by more2(m): 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2006
olumo rock is a sight to see, when ever you have the chance to visit ogun state in the wetsern part of lagos,i have been there once, and the view is awasom, and absolutly out of this world.
wow shocked
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Oracle(m): 8:49pm On Sep 18, 2006
There are many tourist sites in Nigeria

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by kellorah: 12:18pm On Nov 17, 2006
wow, didnt knw 9ja was dis buff!!! i'm WELL impressed. will definitely visit abeokuta!
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by 9ja4eva: 7:23am On Feb 24, 2007
wow this is really entertaining.I did pay to go to these places than go for the grammys.More pics pls
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by LePhilippe(m): 7:47pm On Feb 24, 2007
I have been to the Oba's Palace in Benin but I don't think it as Majestic!!

Anyways for more info on olumo rock check out www.olumorock.com
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by 9ja4eva: 8:38am On Feb 25, 2007
9ja needs to develop Tourism oh.We gat some hot tourist sites
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by BigSis(f): 11:31pm On Mar 03, 2007
I climbed Olumo Rock on my first visit to Nigeria, which lasted for 4 months.  I got 3/4 of the way, and looked down, and realized where I was.  The last part of the climb had nothing for you to hold on to.  I thought 3/4 of the way was pretty good. Climbing that rock any further, you are putting your life in danger.

Hero,

My patience with Nigeria is zero.  Naijas have know sense of history and perserving history.  It is just incredible.  Do you know the Ijebe Odi has one of the largest, ancient earthworks on the continent, and those idiots are destroying it.  I don't see it being perserved unless foreigners come in, control it , and operate it. 

It is like coming to Badagry, and these fools are praising the missionary and slave traders.  Now why would the African diaspora come pay their money to hear how wonderful their ancestors tormentors were.

I am baffled at the backwardness and cluelessness of the people.  I am like who in the hell is doing the pr and marketing.  If I had the financial backing, control, and resources, move the Naijas out of the way, I could really run that place and attract the AA crowd.

Naija could have really been a fascinating place to visit.   However, the ignoramouses that run that country have just run it into the ground.

1 Like

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by 9ja4eva: 12:10am On Mar 04, 2007
Too harsh.But u didnt fall when u were climbing.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by zexyworm: 9:27am On Mar 07, 2007
is Olumo rock illuminated at night?

Can you imagine if Aso rock was all illuminated at night, how glorious + money spinning for tourism that would be?

Just look at how Paris, London and New York illuminate their monuments. Can you imagine the Duomo in Florence NOT lit up at night? I can't imagine!

Anyways folks, light = magnificence = recognition and hightlighting of a monument.

1 Like

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by 9ja4eva: 4:27am On Mar 09, 2007
Think Aso Rock is well lit.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by orp: 4:04pm On Mar 11, 2007
thanks for taking me through excursion in the pleasure of my room
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by 9ja4eva: 3:44am On Mar 12, 2007
lol
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by maree7(f): 5:54am On Apr 03, 2007
Nice pics, Yea i went ther last year it was pretty nice, they had an elevator so i ain't have to climb it cuz i'm really scared of heights, well abeokuta is wher ma daddy from so I'm so proud of what they doin ova thur, hope Gbenga daniels keeps it up.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by 9ja4eva: 6:51am On Apr 04, 2007
Oh so dey have an elevator now?Dts good oh.Hope dt place gets well developed in the nearest future.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by oluwaseyi1: 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2007
please, can you send to me the name of the white man that tried breaking olumo rock and whom was used to applease the rock . the year and his nationality. i would really appreciate this
thanks
seyi
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by tpia: 7:32pm On Aug 16, 2008
Olumo rock looks pretty interesting. Hopefully I'll visit the place someday.

I've been to Idanre Hills when young, and it was a fascinating experience. We climbed and climbed till we got to the top of the mountains and saw the town far beneath us in the distance.

Some of those pictures look like caves though. I'm guessing Olumo rock has a lot of caves. At least that's what they'd be called by foreigners, I think.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by sima(f): 3:52am On Sep 20, 2008
mi dont know what to think . . .
welll. . nice rocks
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by ayusman16(m): 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2008
What are the cost of the hotels a good hotel someone spend honeymoon or does the resort provide one?
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Pepeye(f): 6:12pm On Feb 08, 2009
Nice pix. . .unfortunately I have not had the pleasure being there
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Busybody2(f): 11:58pm On Feb 09, 2009
Wow, so my dad has been feeding me tripe about how the N50naira dowry he spent on my mum, was used by the whole town to tar there major carriage way sad Now that I know better, I would love to visit my mama's hometown someday.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by adventours: 4:04pm On Nov 07, 2009
Hi Seun,

Thanks for sharing your pictures of Olumo rock visit. I am an active collector of data of Nigerian tourism and would appreciate getting some more of your pictures.

Kind regards
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Vicjustice: 12:17pm On Nov 16, 2011
It's time to serve your purpose, Back to life
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by MJJ: 12:36am On Sep 12, 2012
I want to pay a visit dere, please I need more info.
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by DisGuy: 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
bump
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by ANNOY(m): 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2018
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by Thane(m): 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
15 yrs later, I want to go to olumo rock
Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by 2special(m): 12:28am On Aug 17, 2020
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Olumo Rock Pictures by 2special(m): 12:28am On Aug 17, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man, Wife, Five Children Crushed To Death By Overspeeding Bus Buried In Benue PX / Two Friends Crash Into A Pole In Abuja. Photos / The City Of Warri In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.