Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen (22836 Views)

FG Moves To End DSTV's Monopoly, Says Multichoice Is Cheating Nigerians / FG To Stop Importation Of Petrol By 2023 / Ekiti Election: 'FG Moves N18bn Cash Through Akure Airport' - Lere Olayinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by dalass(f): 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2020
Great man
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by kitone: 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2020
It's obvious you have not been to lago so in recent times.though there is still lots of places that have bad road but from what you mentioned above. Airport to lekki to epe;to say there is no standard road is wrong information. You can ask your friends and family that live in lagos

mrvitalis:
Fashiola was over hyped as governor ... honestly the first time I went to Lagos as a pH boy I was disappointed ...from airport to lekki ...not a single standard road ...the worst is that lekki epe Express

Now he has failed as a minister too

As a governor he was no we're near aklabio and ameachi in any aspect

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2020
Lagos,lagos!person no go hear word. I prefer Abeokuta to Lagos self..Oke-ilewo,ibara,panseke all these places are better place to live. stop overhyping Lagos. Travel a bit

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by Akharmony: 12:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
Kaduna state, the center of learning.
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by almayda: 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2020
The past not wicked govt did even imagine producing locally not to talk of making a move to do same,better late than never.
Temitopemo6e6:
this wicked government still dey import bitumen way be say na we get petroleum

bitumen is obtained naturally or
as a residue from petroleum
distillation.
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by wellmax(m): 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2020
mrvitalis:
Fashiola was over hyped as governor ... honestly the first time I went to Lagos as a pH boy I was disappointed ...from airport to lekki ...not a single standard road ...the worst is that lekki epe Express

STFU

2 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by Akharmony: 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2020
mrvitalis:

i take this to b true. I will prefer past govrnor Ambode to him.
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by Didi2d(m): 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2020
All this things are simple to implement, but out leaders makes it looks almost impossible.
How can we be importing what we have in abundance

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by mrvitalis(m): 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
kitone:

It's obvious you have not been to lago so in recent times.though there is still lots of places that have bad road but from what you mentioned above. Airport to lekki to epe;to say there is no standard road is wrong information. You can ask your friends and family that live in lagos

Oga there is no road the standard of trans amadi road in pH or airport road in uyo ...make una travel see development

Anambra villages have better road than Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by delpee(f): 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
mrvitalis:

Most of the roads from Airport to Lekki are actually FG roads which BRF maintained as much as possible.

Those who lived in Lagos prior to the Fashola era know better. More especially those in some of the remote areas. Many new inner roads were constructed to make accessibility easier. The link between Surulere and Isolo and the one from Ijora to Iganmu through the low income residential areas for instance. The link to Iseri Osun. The clearing of Oshodi which Soldiers in government couldn't do.
The Judicial reform. New hospitals were built and many more things....

2 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by mrvitalis(m): 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
Upworkwriter007:
You won't say this if you know Lagos before fashola got there.
Where are the roads he did na
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by mrvitalis(m): 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2020
delpee:

Most of the roads from Airport to Lekki are actually FG roads which BRF maintained as much as possible.

Those who lived in Lagos prior to the Fashola era know better. More especially those in some of the remote areas. Many new inner roads were constructed to make accessibility easier. The link between Surulere and Isolo and the one from Ijora to Iganmu through the low income residential areas for instance. The link to Iseri Osun. The clearing of Oshodi which Soldiers in government couldn't do.
New hospitals were built and many more things....
Travel and see what states are doing with less

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by cicero(m): 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2020
This kind of information shouldn't be made open because it is not a statement of achievement but an admission of failure.

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by Temitopemo6e6(m): 12:44pm On Jul 23, 2020
almayda:
The past not wicked govt did even imagine producing locally not to talk of making a move to do same,better late than never.
we need god hand
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by Newboss(m): 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2020
This country will eat itself, eventually. Cost of buying abroad is way cheaper than that of buying from Nigeria. Business people want to maximize profit. That's why they import

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by Shakathezulu1: 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2020
Wolgrace:
This should have stop long ago... Nigeria was once the second largest producer of bitumen in the world, particularly in Ondo state (the productive record is still intact).. How we end up importing what we have enough to use and export is what amazes me. Really shocking, and unwise!

Bitumen Whey we dey use play during secondary school days,FGC Ido-ani.

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 23, 2020
Small small. These people are getting sense...

Knowing how no decision is made for the common good in Nigeria just watch massive contracts being given to their companies to 'supply' bitumen.
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by Pusyiter(m): 12:55pm On Jul 23, 2020
We are in third richest in bitumen deposit in the world if I am not mistaken
I know of a place in Ondo State that you cannot dig up to 10 feet before the water turns black because of bitumen deposit.
Yet, we import?
Well, even fuel we even produce, we also import it then what?
Nigeria, a theater of the absurd.

ican2020:
Importing bitumen into Nigeria when we have it in commercial quantities.

What is wrong with Nigeria?

Shame to all Nigeria leaders, both past and especially present.

And it will never be well with whoever did these to Nigeria
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by Talkcentral: 12:55pm On Jul 23, 2020
What am I standing to gain with this? I mean shey make I I send my akant namba? grin grin
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by doctuw(m): 12:55pm On Jul 23, 2020
[1quote author=Wolgrace post=92016880]This should have stop long ago... Nigeria was once the second largest producer of bitumen in the world, particularly in Ondo state (the productive record is still intact).. How we end up importing what we have enough to use and export is what amazes me. Really shocking, and unwise!

We know some of our politicians who were sold for money made themselves as the conduits to the western criminals..

Glad we are making ammends in regards to job creation, I hope things goes well for the nation..[/quote]
wrong info, Nigeria was never a producer of bitumen. The deposit at Ondo state is the second largest deposit in the world still left untapped.
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by kayfra: 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2020
Ondo State has one of the biggest reserves of bitumen worldwide
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by Toks007: 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2020
ican2020:
Importing bitumen into Nigeria when we have it in commercial quantities.

What is wrong with Nigeria?

Shame to all Nigeria leaders, both past and especially present.

And it will never be well with whoever did these to Nigeria

Not surprising but we have oil and can't refine it and then import low grade dirty petrol from Europe that is suppose to be discarded.
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 23, 2020
doctuw:
[1quote author=Wolgrace post=92016880]This should have stop long ago... Nigeria was once the second largest producer of bitumen in the world, particularly in Ondo state (the productive record is still intact).. How we end up importing what we have enough to use and export is what amazes me. Really shocking, and unwise!

We know some of our politicians who were sold for money made themselves as the conduits to the western criminals..

Glad we are making ammends in regards to job creation, I hope things goes well for the nation..
wrong info, Nigeria was never a producer of bitumen. The deposit at Ondo state is the second largest deposit in the world still left untapped.
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 23, 2020
doctuw:

Glad we are making ammends in regards to job creation, I hope things goes well for the nation..

Deposit? It means it was rightly achieved through importation. Then, stopping the importation is a wrong move.

Can you explain sir?
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
Shakathezulu1:

Bitumen Whey we dey use play during secondary school days,FGC Ido-ani.

Abi o. And someone here is quoting that we only deposit it, not production.. Something wey we dey produce am excess.

I don put my gear for park mode abeg.
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by WelcomeToBiafra: 1:08pm On Jul 23, 2020
What are the benefits to be a Nigeria citizen?

Hello, dear government and executive council, please I am an Entrepreneur, I need fund to establish a business of my choice. Here is my account detail,

Access bank
Joe Etangewak.

Support a citizen
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by babasolution: 1:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
Newboss:
This country will eat itself, eventually. Cost of buying abroad is way cheaper than that of buying from Nigeria. Business people want to maximize profit. That's why they import

Look at the opportunity cost also not just profit,the jobs it will create will even out profits lost
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by AdaoraNK(f): 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2020
mrvitalis:

Very true. The hide under the cover of the name 'Lagos'

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by komonibo(m): 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2020
mrvitalis:

person wey never chop for 7days, you no know say if you give am garri he go think say na fried rice you give am?? that is the case of lagos state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by okeyglm: 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
let them not confuse you people. Nigeria bitumen is of low grade quality hence can not be use as asphalt.
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by AsawanaDgreat: 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
Nawa
Re: FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen by uwa244(m): 1:35pm On Jul 23, 2020
This is long overdue.we can only hope they match their words with actions, just like they did to the mportation of foreign rice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Speech At LCCI Postponed And 15 Candidates Protest Exclusion / Edo: Mass Exodus As LP Members, Obidients Reject Akpati’s Candidacy / Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan At Oxford

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.