Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,938 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal (30457 Views)

Ambode Joins Sanwo-olu, Fashola, Others At A Reception For Tinubu After 4 Years / Buhari, Osinbajo, Fashola And Adeboye At A Church Service (Throwback Photos) / Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Lumig: 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
This is a season of TARGETS

1 Like

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Reference(m): 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
Here we go again. Every regime wants to outdo their predecessors in running this country down. With a moribund Legislature and disinterested citizenry anything negative goes.

1 Like

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Razy75g: 9:20pm On Jul 23, 2020
Thieving Afonjas

5 Likes

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by damiloladuke: 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2020
Let them cough if they swallow

1 Like

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Elineska: 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2020
The proxy war for 2023 is getting messier by the day

5 Likes

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Melison(m): 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2020
never thought the day would come
When things would get so bad
I seen young kids hustling, makes me so mad
We the biggest black nation but nobody cares
Raise your voice and die amongst so many fears
The time is now
And yes, I'll take my chances
Attacking the villian until my nation advances
A lot of lame promises they never fulfill
Oil rich but we suffering still

6 Likes

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by uniquetechng: 9:23pm On Jul 23, 2020
not again
Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by anochuko01(m): 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2020
Vg
Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Iamgrey5(m): 9:29pm On Jul 23, 2020
The headline does not correlate with the story.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by stanisbaratheon: 9:29pm On Jul 23, 2020
In a bid to loot they couldn't even read common papers to know what they were signing.

Shame

8 Likes

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
Thecvbankng:
The current three arm of the Nigerian government is made up of

Legislooters

Executhieves

And Judisharers

1 Like

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Buksaylor: 9:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
dre11:
• Nigeria risks $1.2bn fine, legal experts, lawmakers to explore legal options

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/senate-targets-osibanjo-fashola-others-over-multimillion-dollar-power-deal/

Their company....
Osibaba again?

4 Likes

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Munzy14(m): 9:35pm On Jul 23, 2020
What do u expect when two lawyers headed a committee specifically meant for experienced electrical engineers.

I am trying to find out what fashola, a lawyer is doing in that federal ministry.

More of the stupidity done since 2015 will unfold little by little..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Buksaylor: 9:36pm On Jul 23, 2020
Melison:
never thought the day would come
When things would get so bad
I seen young kids hustling, makes me so mad
We the biggest black nation but nobody cares
Raise your voice and die amongst so many fears
The time is now
And yes, I'll take my chances
Attacking the villian until my nation advances
A lot of lame promises they never fulfill
Oil rich but we suffering still

Are you suggesting revolution?
Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 23, 2020
What A Shame...
I Used To Think About Nigeria becoming A SELF Sufficient State Where Electricity Is stable (Whenever I Try To Day Dream About The Future nigeria I Wanna see)
how It'll Be Worth It to Finally See That We Are Now Improving..

Now Look What y'all did.
Making A Stupid Deal Out Of Greed just To Suit Some 'Mofos
UpNEPA

4 Likes

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by TheFreeOne: 9:36pm On Jul 23, 2020
Chairman of the Senate committee on Power, Gabriel Suswam, while briefing the Senate on the existing agreement, said part of the deal the Federal Government had during the power sector reforms was that the investors will have the legitimacy to pull about $1.2 billion from the country’s foreign reserve.

If the above is true then the FG better be preparing for it cos no one should be surprised some politicians and civil servants are already popping champagne and waiting for it to happen as the essence of deal may be for it collapse for them to have their share of the $1.2b

The crop of leaders we have aren't patriotic, loyal nor interested in the well-being of the country aside selfish interests.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by oluwaahmed: 9:40pm On Jul 23, 2020
I have said it that voting for APC again will put nigeria in perpetual poverty. The excess taxation, stamp duty charges are being spearheaded by the ACN part of APC. This is what they know how to do best and they will perfect it once any of Thièfnubu, Hushinbajo & babatunde stashola enter there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Stallion93(m): 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2020
Another deceitful target that'll end inbetween the buttcheeks of Jezeebel grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2020
Devilish APC kwaruft gwament

We have seen how FashOLE fixed the power sector that was not rocket science. Useless thief has signed away billions of dollars. I'm sure he is collecting kickbacks from Azura

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by TheRareGem1(f): 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2020
The lawmakers have always been the problem of this country. They like causing commotion. The power sector has improved compared to how it was before. Although the distribution companies amount to some challenges and the presidential power reform is up to the task in finding a last solution to the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Hotzone(m): 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2020
I have once said it and I will say it again, Pooh aria will hit osibande with ‘Monday hammer’ soon on his knee

2 Likes

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Deputy1111(m): 9:50pm On Jul 23, 2020
Aksnoopy:
So Osibanjo was actually a thief indeed. A self-acclaimed pastor conniving with politicians to steal billions from the masses.
How can you just open your mouth to call Osinbajo a thief, some people don't get rest again at the mention of Osinbajo's name

5 Likes

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 23, 2020
Deputy1111:
How can you just open your mouth to call Osinbajo a thief, some people don't get rest again at the mention of Osinbajo's name

He is a mega Thief for signing such unpatriotic deal. Osibande and rocket science FashOLE are thieves and saboteurs that should be killed by firing squad if Nigeria is China

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Artiiclebeast: 10:09pm On Jul 23, 2020
babasolution:

I joined you guys and you blocked me,you guys are not serious driving people away

If you came on the group with the silly character you exhibit here on Nairaland or come to spam the group with bitcoin trading, you'd be removed without any regret.

There's no room for the Afonja, Ipob and whatever nonsense you guys are on about here on the group.

1 Like

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Shooyie: 10:10pm On Jul 23, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

He is a mega Thief for signing such unpatriotic deal. Osibande and rocket science FashOLE are thieves and saboteurs that should be killed by firing squad if Nigeria is China

Proof please? You don't just make accusations without proper proof.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by lagdmark(m): 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2020
airminem:
Atiku would have sold naija had it been . . . .
It would've been better to sell the country to a more competent organisation than for APC to loot the economy empty.
The only news about this government is Looting! Looting!! Looting!!!. Everyday and everywhere.

7 Likes

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by Brunicekid(m): 10:16pm On Jul 23, 2020
Aksnoopy:
So Osibanjo was actually a thief indeed. A self-acclaimed pastor conniving with politicians to steal billions from the masses.
I guess you didn't read the news very well...

How will you just conclude that Osinbajo is a thief

3 Likes

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by babasolution: 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
Artiiclebeast:

If you came on the group with the silly character you exhibit here on Nairaland or come to spam the group with bitcoin trading, you'd be removed without any regret.

There's no room for the Afonja, Ipob and whatever nonsense you guys are on about here on the group.

I never did any of that,an admin deleted a sensitive post made by someone,I complained that the group might be compromised because of the sensitivity post deletion,I was thereafter blocked
Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by IKUBABAYEYE001: 10:18pm On Jul 23, 2020
This headline looks very mischievous. Even the Senate the OP claim is targeting the VP does not understand the content of the Agreement. I wonder how some people find and call themselves journalists

1 Like

Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by frog12: 10:18pm On Jul 23, 2020
a power sector must be liquid ??
lawmakers in the wrong position. go after the agreement anyway.
Re: Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal by One4me: 10:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
dre11:
• Nigeria risks $1.2bn fine, legal experts, lawmakers to explore legal options

The Senate, yesterday, initiated moves to reverse the multimillion power sector deal spearheaded by the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2016.

Vice President Yemi Osibanjo, Babatunde Fashola and others who were part of the team are believed to have erroneously signed an agreement that was not in favour of Nigeria.

The Presidential Power Reform Transaction, which was headed by Osibanjo when the deal was struck obligated Nigeria to pay between $30 million and $33 million monthly to Azura for power for powers generated, even if not “dispatched.”

The power generated is expected to be transmitted through the national grid — by the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN).

The Senate at its plenary, yesterday, said Nigeria stands to lose about $1.2 billion if the country defaults or revokes the current agreement with power generation companies.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/senate-targets-osibanjo-fashola-others-over-multimillion-dollar-power-deal/

If they jail you now, you will say Govt is wicked!
You are falsely accusing the V.P, Fashola and other eminent Yoruba people.
How can the people be responsibile for the Nigerian Govt not trasmitting Power that was signed ans generated or is it Osinbajo or Fashola that are supposed to transmit Power for TCN?
W~as if Osinbajo or Fashola that signed away the PHCN to fraudulent Nigerian Politicians-turned Power Providers?
That Suswan that looted his state dry has entered the Senate and is still looking for ways to loot again.
Sunsidy my foot.
As for you these Ipob fools who just write nonsense and try to smear the image of Yoruba PEP, your time to go to jail is loading very fast.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pandora Papers: How Governor Bagudu Amassed Billions And How He Is Hiding It / Highlights Of 2015 APC Campaign Promises In Pictures / We Transmitted Election Results To Server Using A Code —presiding Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.