Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House (1458 Views)

Senate Engages Protesting Workers After Pulling Down National Assembly Gate / El-Rufai Ignores Protesting Workers, Attends Conference In Kaduna (Photos) / Ayuba Wabba: El-Rufai Hired 50 Truckloads Of Thugs To Attack Protesting Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by BenitaEbose(f): 11:18pm On Jul 23, 2020
....Obaseki , Shaibu denied entrance

Following the paucity of funds occasioned by reckless spendings under the Governor Godwin Obaseki's administration which became heightened recently, staff and visitors to Osadebe House, the seat of power in Benin City, are currently held hostage by protesting unionists and staff of the state own College of Education Ekiadolor.

This is in continuation of the every protest that broke out since Monday in demand of their 11 months salaries and emoluments.

The visibly agitated protesters said their resolve to demand for their pay this time around arose after the Governor was confirmed to have used about *20 billion naira* to buy his PDP nomination despite his constant appeals to them that the state had no funds to offset their 11 months salaries.

They accused the Governor and his administration of insensitivity to their plights while insisting that the Government house will remain besieged till the day they are paid.

It will be recalled that youths had last week protested against moves by Governor Obaseki to borrow about 12 billion naira which many fear is solely planned to be plunged into his reelection campaign whereas all state priority projects have since been abandoned.

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
BenitaEbose:
....Obaseki , Shaibu denied entrance

Following the paucity of funds occasioned by reckless spendings under the Governor Godwin Obaseki's administration which became heightened recently, staff and visitors to Osadebe House, the seat of power in Benin City, are currently held hostage by protesting unionists and staff of the state own College of Education Ekiadolor.

This is in continuation of the every protest that broke out since Monday in demand of their 11 months salaries and emoluments.

The visibly agitated protesters said their resolve to demand for their pay this time around arose after the Governor was confirmed to have used about *20 billion naira* to buy his PDP nomination despite his constant appeals to them that the state had no funds to offset their 11 months salaries.

They accused the Governor and his administration of insensitivity to their plights while insisting that the Government house will remain besieged till the day they are paid.

It will be recalled that youths had last week protested against moves by Governor Obaseki to borrow about 12 billion naira which many fear is solely planned to be plunged into his reelection campaign whereas all state priority projects have since been abandoned.
Benita is everywhere destroying the image of this man grin. So far, I've not heard where he was said to have stolen edo money. Ize-iyamu is the one you people should steer clear of , not obaseki. Someone called thief by oshiomohle several times openly. Someone who still has EFCC case hanging on his neck.

Are you telling us same man has now suddenly become saint? A lion can never change it's skin colour. APC should have picked a credible person and not ize-iyamu . Are there are no credible people in edo the party could have picked to challenge obaseki? APC and PDP are same siamese twins. But if I were an edoman, I'd vote obaseki.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by double77: 3:59am On Jul 24, 2020
Osho baba is back everything in Benin is turn against the governor. in The 48 laws of power, Law 1: Never try to outshine the master.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by NaMe4: 6:43am On Jul 24, 2020
Since Oshiomhole entered Benin, his crew of criminals have been issuing all sorts of propaganda against the State government.

One new piece of rubbish each day.

Most Edolites just watch and listen to him for sake of entertainment.

4 Likes

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by NnadyAutos: 11:19am On Jul 24, 2020
Where is the picture to buttress your point.This is just on line propaganda.The security operatives around government house won't allow them block access to the main gain leading to government house.

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by Bighead9: 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2020
Ugly and incompetent Obaseki is a fraud and a failure. He can't even pay his workers salaries and pensions. We will treat his Bleep up on the election day.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by three33: 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2020
[s]
Bighead9:
Ugly and incompetent Obaseki is a fraud and a failure. He can't even pay his workers salaries and pensions. We will treat his Bleep up on the election day.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by helinues: 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2020
Oshiomole is in town.. Trouble continues.

Edolites should allow the politicians to finish themselves... They are not fighting for the Edolites but for them selfish self

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by adekolaelect(m): 8:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
fairfora:
Benita is everywhere destroying the image of this man grin. So far, I've not heard where he was said to have stolen edo money. Ize-iyamu is the one you people should steer clear of , not obaseki. Someone called thief by oshiomohle several times openly. Someone who still has EFCC case hanging on his neck.

Are you telling us same man has now suddenly become saint? A lion can never change it's skin colour. APC should have picked a credible person and not ize-iyamu . Are there are no credible people in edo the party could have picked to challenge obaseki? APC and PDP are same siamese twins. But if I were an edoman, I'd vote obaseki.
people are protesting for their salaries you are here talking of politics . have you confirmed if they were own or not before you start spew trash ? We should not allow partisan politics to dormant our natural upstair gift .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 24, 2020
adekolaelect:
people are protesting for their salaries you are here talking of politics . have you confirmed if they were own or not before you start spew trash ? We should not allow partisan politics to dormant our natural upstair gift .
Help me tell that guy o. That's our major problem. Always politicizing everything.

People haven't been paid salary for months, a fellow just turned it political.

3 Likes

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 24, 2020
adekolaelect:
so sad to note that, with your moniker, your likes could be raining insults but am not surprised. I can endure your insults. I'm neither apc nor the pdp just so you know. But that doesn't mean when you see the truth, you sbould derail. Same obaseki led other governors to implement the controversial minimum wage at the time when richer states were lamenting, he paid workers' salary timely but many would not see this but because of party affliation, would harp on what he has a plan for implementing to score him cheap.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/2020-budget-obaseki-earmarks-n34bn-for-worker-salary.html/amp

https://tell.ng/edo-state-government-begins-implementation-of-n30000-minimum-wage/amp/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/salah-celebration-obaseki-pays-workers-may-salary-early/amp/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/edo-workers-jubilant-as-obaseki-pays-new-minimum-wage/amp/

Edo people are those who would decide whom to vote and not you and i from yorubaland.

I wish all the candidates best of luck.

3 Likes

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by gunners160(m): 10:29pm On Jul 24, 2020
double77:
Osho baba is back everything in Benin is turn against the governor. in The 48 laws of power, Law 1: Never try to outshine the master.
From what u ave written, it shows you amongst those who don't want progress for this country.
How will u use 48 laws of power to support the nitwit issue if God fatherism we are facing in this country. After now you go dey apply for N power job up and down
Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by Ruhamah2: 12:17am On Jul 25, 2020
[quote author=Bighead9 post=92052677]Ugly and incompetent Obaseki is a fraud and a failure. He can't even pay his workers salaries and pensions. We will treat his Bleep up on the election day.[/quote

And just who told you he doesn't pay salaries or pensions. You have no evidence and just jump to your own conclusions. I am a Civil Servant in Edo State and can boldly declare that I've been paid my salary and no month is outstanding. If not that you have a biased mind, can't you even reason that why is it only one school protesting. If he doesn't pay salaries won't the caption have said "Civil Servants in Edo State". Ekiadolor has a problem of mismanagement of funds by its management which is why the Governor decided to halt their salaries until the rot in the system is rectified.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by Etinosa1234: 1:36am On Jul 25, 2020
fairfora:
so sad to note that, with your moniker, your likes could be raining insults but am not surprised. I can endure your insults. I'm neither apc nor the pdp just so you know. But that doesn't mean when you see the truth, you sbould derail. Same obaseki led other governors to implement the controversial minimum wage at the time when richer states were lamenting, he paid workers' salary timely but many would not see this but because of party affliation, would harp on what he has a plan for implementing to score him cheap.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/2020-budget-obaseki-earmarks-n34bn-for-worker-salary.html/amp

https://tell.ng/edo-state-government-begins-implementation-of-n30000-minimum-wage/amp/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/salah-celebration-obaseki-pays-workers-may-salary-early/amp/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/edo-workers-jubilant-as-obaseki-pays-new-minimum-wage/amp/

Edo people are those who would decide whom to vote and not you and i from yorubaland.

U should have posted only 2 links... anything more can cause heart attack grin

1 Like

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by Nobody: 4:02am On Jul 25, 2020
Etinosa1234:

U should have posted only 2 links... anything more can cause heart attack grin
u dey mind them, enemies of progress dem grin. I don't know what they benefit for destroying people on the social media when they know they're not going to edo to vote.

Maybe they think people are foolish or forget things in a hurry. It's only in Nigeria people like oshiomohle, because of what he wouod eat, see black and say, hey guys, you ain't seeing well its white and that's exactly what he's doing right now to edo people. I hope they proof they're truly not lagos , come September. Apc could be same siamese twins but there are a few among them who are also credible and formidable. I leave edo people to decide who's best for them.
Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by Bighead9: 5:32am On Jul 25, 2020
[quote author=Ruhamah2 post=92074678][/quote]

This is how Obaseki campaigns with no facts but propaganda. Some teachers have not received their salaries. College of Education Ekiadolo are presently protesting the none payments of their 11 months salaries and pensions. You dey here dey speak grammar. Edo people are wiser now.

Tell Ugly and incompetent Obaseki to pay Edo workers their salaries and pensions.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by helinues: 6:02am On Jul 25, 2020
fairfora:
u dey mind them, enemies of progress dem grin. I don't know what they benefit for destroying people on the social media when they know they're not going to edo to vote.

Maybe they think people are foolish or forget things in a hurry. It's only in Nigeria people like oshiomohle, because of what he wouod eat, see black and say, hey guys, you ain't seeing well its white and that's exactly what he's doing right now to edo people. I hope they proof they're truly not lagos , come September. Apc could be same siamese twins but there are a few among them who are also credible and formidable. I leave edo people to decide who's best for them.

How is it possible for those people to be protesting if they have been paid?
Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by realstars: 6:11am On Jul 25, 2020
This Is Paid Protest
Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 25, 2020
helinues:

How is it possible for those people to be protesting if they have been paid?
So, you believe that sponsored protest?

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/ekiadolor-college-workers-not-owed-salaries-protest-is-politically-motivated-edo-govt/amp/

And in retrospect( about the kettle now calling pot black...Read the beliw )

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/11/18/why-edo-lgs-cant-pay-salaries-under-oshiomhole-obaseki/amp/
Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by ThatFairGuy1: 7:22am On Jul 25, 2020
realstars:
This Is Paid Protest
Who paid them?
Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by ThatFairGuy1: 7:24am On Jul 25, 2020
That's what happens when one chose to obtain party's ticket with 6billion. Will workers be eating sand? As clueless as his NL supporters
Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by RichBoy247: 7:57am On Jul 25, 2020
Election result is already known.

By the time Edo election is taking place, only Atikuchukwu, Reno Omokirikiri and Nairaland online warriors will vote for Obasaki and PDP
Re: Protesting Workers Lock Up Edo Government House by adekolaelect(m): 9:11pm On Jul 25, 2020

you quoted not to be PDP ,apc or supporter of obaseki but your comment sound sympathy to obaaeki .they say those that endure the journey to the end shall be in salvation .are you telling us to celebrate him for not paying workers salaries simply because he paid it in the past ? Salaries is a means of surviving for those entitled to it. you can't say you did in the past will give you sympathy from people if you don't pay in the present and the future . you pretend to be neutral political but practically and emotionally you are a political jobber base on this "your comment"

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates / Security Men Lock Up Palliatives Looters At Ilorin Airport Warehouse (Video) / Burning Of Imo Police HQ Are Pre-planned Before Buhari London Travel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.