Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates (1460 Views)

2023: Three Candidates Without Corrruption Blemish Youths Support / African Union Disqualifies Okonjo-iweala From Vying For WTO Director / Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by donaldeke(m): 3:00pm On Sep 18, 2020
World Trade Organization dropped three candidates from the race to be the next Director-General of the body.

It also plans to reduce the contestants to two final candidates in the coming weeks.

Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala still remained in the race, according to Bloomberg on Friday.

Okonjo-Iweala is a former finance minister in Nigeria and former Managing Director of the World Bank.

The Geneva-based WTO said Mexico’s Jesus Seade, Egypt’s Hamid Mamdouh, and Moldova’s Tudor Ulianovschi didn’t secure enough support in a first of three rounds of voting.

Continue HERE

https://www.reporterswall.com/breaking-wto-keeps-okonjo-iweala-drops-three-candidates/

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by Jones4190(m): 3:01pm On Sep 18, 2020
the whole world is afraid of nigeria
Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:04pm On Sep 18, 2020
This is the woman they replaced with Kemi Adeosun... What a tragedy cool

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by Aderr: 3:06pm On Sep 18, 2020
Good. Hope she gets the post. She is experienced.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by Ahmed0336(m): 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
Some disappointments are blessings in disguised.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by rexlims(m): 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
and where is d she goat today?
This government reeks of gross incompetence at all levels.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by BeSpect(f): 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:

Where is Kemi today?

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by mariahAngel(f): 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:

She herself turned down the job offer.
Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by OkuFaba(m): 3:18pm On Sep 18, 2020
Dropping Nigeria should be the best thing she should do now before she gets dropped
Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by OkuFaba(m): 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
NIGERIA IS A TRAGEDY..

Buhari is TRAGEDY

We're living inside tragedy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2020
mariahAngel:

i don’t know about that but humor me, was Kemi the best APC had to offer ? Bear in mind we’re still reeling from the effects of her economic mismanagement also bear in mind there were stellar performers like Charles Soludo and Pat Utomi which are names I can say off hand. If the slot of finance minister was strictly for Ogun State, Kemi wasn’t the best Ogun had to offer and I can beat my chest about that, I can also swear she was never Tinubu’s candidate because love him or hate him all his boys (apart from Rauf and Mc Oluomo) are intellectually sound..., I tire jare

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:27pm On Sep 18, 2020
OkuFaba:
NIGERIA IS A TRAGEDY..

Buhari is TRAGEDY

We're living inside tragedy
if you get chance, find your way cut out o
Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by OkuFaba(m): 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
if you get chance, find your way cut out o
i wont even blink before grabbing the opperunity
Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by LAguy(m): 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2020
OkuFaba:
Dropping Nigeria should be the best thing she should do now before she gets dropped

U get sense plenty.
See as u just make sensible comment!

So make she drop Nigeria for which country?
Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by Sahban1: 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2020
I prayed for her to emerge as director general of world trade to make nigeria proud and top of the world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by Gondonu: 5:47pm On Sep 18, 2020
A good product is always a good product.NOI is one of the good product to emerge from this nation.Even with the hating she is still soaring.
Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by lightheart(m): 6:12pm On Sep 18, 2020
Great!
Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by Kindledlight(m): 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2020
mariahAngel:

And PMB nominated her the same way he nominated Akinwunmi Adeshina for AFDB and even lobbied ECOWAS for her.

So the argument of replacing her with Kemi Adeosun as finance minister is out of place.
Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by IamWonderful: 6:59pm On Sep 18, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
Jonathan missed her slipper mammary glands
Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by naija4life247: 7:04pm On Sep 18, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:

Ngozi Okonjo Iwealla is the woman that ran Nigeria into recession and Nigerians into depression. She was borrowing to pay Salaries while Goatluck and his gang of thieves wer looting the CBN. Check the dates of the reports below. What a woman!

Re: BREAKING: WTO Keeps Okonjo-iweala, Drops Three Candidates by Lamasta(m): 7:21pm On Sep 18, 2020
All of us are in full support of her becoming the DG of WTO

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Buhari Presides Over Security Council Meeting / Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Talks Tough / Just Look At What Our Presidency Have Turned Into

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.