Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,635 members, 7,813,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss (2174 Views)

Men; See This: "The Foundation Of Every Successful Marriage Is To Marry Virgins. / Hauwa, Adam Nuru Wife Is Not Planning To Divorce Him, Stands With Her Husband / Cussons Baby Moments 7: Your Baby Stands A Chance To Win 2 Million Naira! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Georgekyrian(m): 4:04am On Jul 24, 2020
I am really bothered about this adage, "Behind every successful man....". After some days and moment of figuring things out, I decided this is a matter I can bring on Nairaland so we can shook mouth. I'm writing based on personal research, experience and observation, so if I'm wrong on any of this articles, find it fit to correct and tutor me better.

THE THEORY:
Since my childhood till now, I have so much found out that at most occasions when a couples affairs are raised, suck like on medias, church affairs, some other societal stuffs e.t.c. some fans and supporters will back it up with BEHIND EVERY SUCCESSFUL MAN, THERE'S A WOMAN. Okay, now this is my question? Which woman we refers to here the man's mother or the Wife/GF.

MY HYPOTHESIS AND OBSERVATIONS:

(I.) Man with a better girlfriend:
When I wrote better, many will thought of why I put such. Now, I'm referring to those girls that love their man, very honest with one man affair, they cook his favorite dishes with no complain, they're generous and ready to assist on financial aids when her man is down, they support the man's hustle and dream, they pray together with their man, they know who they're with and respect him just like that. These set of girls also comes with advises and guidelines for their man in a way he put up things and comes up with positive results. Now on the other hand the guy supports their lady, he don't cheat, he supports her bill with little he have at the moment, he does everything possible to put smile on his lady's face and they're happy together. Now with this both support, do you thinks that the tendency of a potential guy and girl in this kind of relationship making it very big is large, or can there be any unforeseen circumstances that can hinder them.

(II.) Man with the best Mother:
In this case, the man has no serious date, maybe plays along with any girl at sight and pays off as deal. Most times you found some men in this categories takes their Mom as the woman in his life, spends so much on her, making her smile all time is their priorities, takes all her advise, draws lots of positive energy from her. Now this mothers are most times the prayer warriors and always have this 'son' as her first and last prayer points everyday. He Hustle hard on his own, backing with his potential dreams to make it very big, Mom's always there to back with prayers and check on his precious son. Now readers do you think there can be any form of hindrance that can set this kind of man back not to hit it big.

My Questions:
1. Does providing and been faithful in a caring relationship (when the woman gives her all and the man does the same), guarantee a man to make it big in life?
2. Does flirting and going down with many ladies hinders a man's success (grace differs I know)?
3. Does staying intact and showing a good mother love, guarantee a man to make it big in life?
4. What do we mean when we say "Behind every successful man, stands a woman"

Hey Nairaland, I know my articles may not be fun and well stated, but if you can read point into my post. let's talk about your own perspective of this headlines, I want to learn things behind Man's interaction with a woman existing in his life.

1 Like

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Odoogu(m): 4:50am On Jul 24, 2020
there is always an acknowledged scope to the phrase.
1. doesn't necessary mean to make it "big" but you or anyone as a stranger can instantly feel the all positive vibes that comes from both of them in a caring and faithful relationship. confidence, wisdom, trust, etc. all these will definitely give you "the" breakthrough.
2. grace differs truly.. but consequences, repercussions, karma ( Who is a bi?tcch) , are damn constant to every action and reaction, and that includes going down with many ladies.
3. once again, the "big" is relative. one thing am sure is, if a man is intact and shows his good mother love and care, he is definitely gonna surpass the "threshold of success" existing in the family. how far he gonna set the bar for the coming generations depends on personal attributes ( determination, hard work, diligence) etc. and the mercies bestowed upon him by GOD.
4. what the phrase " behind every successful man, stands a woman" the role a woman plays in the life of a man can never, I repeat can never be over emphasised. WOMEN ARE KING MAKERS. if you see a man who is a king, the first thing you notice is his crown on his head...
guess who the crown is .. exactly .. HIS WOMAN!
grin
am supposed to mention someone here, but I will refrain myself... grin

3 Likes

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Georgekyrian(m): 5:06am On Jul 24, 2020
Odoogu:
there is always an acknowledged scope to the phrase.
1. doesn't necessary mean to make it "big" but you or anyone as a stranger can instantly feel the all positive vibes that comes from both of them in a caring and faithful relationship. confidence, wisdom, trust, etc. all these will definitely give you "the" breakthrough.
2. grace differs truly.. but consequences, repercussions, karma ( Who is a bi?tcch) , are damn constant to every action and reaction, and that includes going down with many ladies.
3. once again, the "big" is relative. one thing am sure is, if a man is intact and shows his good mother love and care, he is definitely gonna surpass the "threshold of success" existing in the family. how far he gonna set the bar for the coming generations depends on personal attributes ( determination, hard work, diligence) etc. and the mercies bestowed upon him by GOD.
4. what the phrase " behind every successful man, stands a woman" the role a woman plays in the life of a man can never, I repeat can never be over emphasised. WOMEN ARE KING MAKERS. if you see a man who is a king, the first thing you notice is his crown on his head...
guess who the crown is .. exactly .. HIS WOMAN!
grin
am supposed to mention someone here, but I will refrain myself... grin

Nice one @Odoogu, but I want to ask one more to you; The girls that see crown on man's head does it include Claim-to-repented runs girl? Why I asked that, you know most time when those girls meet a potential nigga, they will bring fault just anything just to show you they're good, changed person and wife material, which can also doing anything for you including forcing to shower the man with gift and money support?

1 Like

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by LordIsaac(m): 5:16am On Jul 24, 2020
You would be a good research student in the Social Sciences. Good one.
Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Or11: 5:41am On Jul 24, 2020
Beside every successful man not behind every successful man. She should not be behind him but by his side.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Odoogu(m): 6:43am On Jul 24, 2020
Georgekyrian:

Nice one @Odoogu, but I want to ask one more to you; The girls that see crown on man's head does it include Claim-to-repented runs girl? Why I asked that, you know most time when those girls meet a potential nigga, they will bring fault just anything just to show you they're good, changed person and wife material, which can also doing anything for you including forcing to shower the man with gift and money support?

if she has truly repented... the efforts will help the cause of the man and the family. let's also remember, it's a journey, it's not something that happens in an instant and without a worthy challenge, all these( times and times again) will prove the woman maybe she is gonna be the crown.

2 Likes

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Odoogu(m): 6:48am On Jul 24, 2020
Or11:
Beside every successful man not behind every successful man. She should not be behind him but by his side.

are you female? with all due respect to every female... the phrase portrays support, and not necessarily that the woman is "behind" in the physical term.

3 Likes

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Uyi168: 6:56am On Jul 24, 2020
In most cases, these women are usually our moms..
Iyenogie kiss

3 Likes

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by LordKO(m): 7:24am On Jul 24, 2020
The woman the axiom emphasizes is a wife; men's success often depends on the work and support of their wives. A conscientious wife who has altruistic interest for her conscientious husband, who equally has altruistic interest for her, will always remain her husband's greatest grit motivator and main anchor of the household.

However, not every man automatically needs a wife behind him to be successful, because as our ethical leanings differ, so also our grit motivators differ.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by akaahs(m): 7:45am On Jul 24, 2020
This is exactly what its means

4 Likes

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Unnerve: 8:01am On Jul 24, 2020
Origin of behind every great/successful man is a woman

This expression originated sometime in the first half of the 1900s. People used it to try to give recognition to the wives or mothers of successful men. This is because the women often helped the men in their lives a lot, but their work went unrecognized.

The saying does not particularly give recognition to just one of the two (mother or wife), this is because interpretation can be subjective to different men.
Some men owe their success to the support of their mothers, some owe it to the support of their wives. It is not always wives, neither is it always mothers.

In today's world though, I can't say there are that many wives who should be credited for the successes of their husbands because most of the time, the man was already at a certain level of success or was already positioned at a place that provides an opportunity for career progression, before they got attracted to & married him in the first place.

The photo below is more 21st century.

4 Likes

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by holocron: 10:44am On Jul 24, 2020
Yes. Women always queue up behind the nearest available successful man. It is not the reverse.

As a grown man, if you want to be successful you must learn to work independent of the negative influence of women. Women will derail you from your vision and mission because they demand that you focus most of your time and attention on them, and that is antithetical to achieving breakthroughs in life. After you have achieved success they will line up behind you and claim to identify with your mission.

3 Likes

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Georgekyrian(m): 1:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
Uyi168:
Iyenogie kiss

Okay, please do you have reasons why you emphasized on that about Mom?
Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Georgekyrian(m): 1:06pm On Jul 24, 2020
LordIsaac:
You would be a good research student in the Social Sciences. Good one.

Thanks boss, unfortunately I go carry myself go do science in two different offers, diploma and degree, still till today I no Sabi press calculator cool. Somehow I regretted my choice of study, because now I basically practise literature and theory career for the hustle like been a writer and a music entertainer. I tire for my matter shaa
Maybe if I have opportunity I will get to study good theory course like Social science or Phsycology in Canada or Europe country.
Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Exmilitant(m): 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2020
I don't know about other men but, i struggled alone and became successful.

3 Likes

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Georgekyrian(m): 1:13pm On Jul 24, 2020
Odoogu:

if she has truly repented... the efforts will help the cause of the man and the family. let's also remember, it's a journey, it's not something that happens in an instant and without a worthy challenge, all these( times and times again) will prove the woman maybe she is gonna be the crown.

Nice point Brother, you hit the nail deep

1 Like

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by LordIsaac(m): 1:24pm On Jul 24, 2020
Georgekyrian:

Thanks boss, unfortunately I go carry myself go do science in two different offers, diploma and degree, still till today I no Sabi press calculator cool. Somehow I regretted my choice of study, because now I basically practise literature and theory career for the hustle like been a writer and a music entertainer. I tire for my matter shaa
Maybe if I have opportunity I will get to study good theory course like Social science or Phsycology in Canada or Europe country.
Same here o... In my case, I had to go back to 100level in the Social Sciences after my NYSC and I'm doing fine therein. If I had known sef.

1 Like

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Georgekyrian(m): 1:24pm On Jul 24, 2020
Exmilitant:
I don't know about other men but, i struggled alone and became successful.

If you checked my post, you'll found out that I stated, "This always happens when a figure of couples are thrown up in public, Fans or maybe people that knows them well may start raising dust how the wife has been a supporter, now come the quote we're emphasizing on". Maybe you're not in these categories, because nature and fate has already designed your part for you, and maybe Mom gone for long time, then you're those "Not a woman type of man".
Now my last question is according to my articles above, is that benefits mostly effectively comes from our brave mothers or those wife/GF, what is your thought on that?
Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Georgekyrian(m): 1:27pm On Jul 24, 2020
LordIsaac:

Same here o... In my case, I had to go back to 100level in the Social Sciences after my NYSC and I'm doing fine therein. If I had known sef.

Hahaha, well inside life and no knowledge is a waste. The issues with me is that I cannot school in Nigeria again, be it master or anything unless free or scholarship award. Because the cost of training your self in Nigeria school as an average hustler is not funny.
Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Georgekyrian(m): 1:35pm On Jul 24, 2020
holocron:
Yes. Women always queue up behind the nearest available successful man. It is not the reverse.

As a grown man, if you want to be successful you must learn to work independent of the negative influence of women. Women will derail you from your vision and mission because they demand that you focus most of your time and attention on them, and that is antithetical to achieving breakthroughs in life. After you have achieved success they will line up behind you and claim to identify with your mission.

I understand you so much Bro, but I think in these cases depends on the man
Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Georgekyrian(m): 1:41pm On Jul 24, 2020
Unnerve:

The saying does not particularly give due recognition to only one of the two (mother or wife), this is because interpretation can be subjective to different men.
Some men owe their success to the support of their mothers, some owe it to the support of their wives. It is not always wives, neither is it always mothers.

In today's world though, I can't say there are that many wives who should be credited for the successes of their husbands especially because most of the time, the man was already at a certain level of success or was already positioned at a place that provides an opportunity for career progression, all this before they got attracted & married him in the first place.

The photo below is more 21st century.

Nice cent Bro
Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Georgekyrian(m): 1:43pm On Jul 24, 2020
LordKO:
The woman the axiom emphasizes is a wife; men's success often depends on the work and support of their wives. A conscientious wife who has altruistic interest for her conscientious husband, who equally has altruistic interest for her, will always remain her husband's greatest grit motivator and main anchor of the household.

However, not every man automatically needs a wife behind him to be successful, because as our ethical leanings differ, so also our grit motivators differ.

You have a great point here
Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Georgekyrian(m): 1:46pm On Jul 24, 2020
Uyi168:
Iyenogie kiss

Mom are powerful

1 Like

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by LordIsaac(m): 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2020
Georgekyrian:

Hahaha, well inside life and no knowledge is a waste. The issues with me is that I cannot school in Nigeria again, be it master or anything unless free or scholarship award. Because the cost of training your self in Nigeria school as an average hustler is not funny.
I understand bro... Well, no good job that's why one is trying to while away time getting acquainted with other fields. God will help us.

1 Like

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2020
That phrase is laughable.

1 Like

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by mariahAngel(f): 2:03pm On Jul 24, 2020
Behind every successful individuals are people who help them get there in one way or another.
No single person should take or be given sole credit for an individual's success.

3 Likes

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Uyi168: 2:27pm On Jul 24, 2020
Georgekyrian:

Okay, please do you have reasons why you emphasized on that about Mom?
For my journey so far in life, she' has been the one pulling the strings..
Correct mama.. kiss

1 Like

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Exmilitant(m): 7:13pm On Jul 24, 2020
Georgekyrian:

If you checked my post, you'll found out that I stated, "This always happens when a figure of couples are thrown up in public, Fans or maybe people that knows them well may start raising dust how the wife has been a supporter, now come the quote we're emphasizing on". Maybe you're not in these categories, because nature and fate has already designed your part for you, and maybe Mom gone for long time, then you're those "Not a woman type of man".
Now my last question is according to my articles above, is that benefits mostly effectively comes from our brave mothers or those wife/GF, what is your thought on that?
sorry for the late response, work! In these days and age, many a man made his way to success alone. Rarely will you hear of a woman that contributed to a man's success.

1 Like

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Georgekyrian(m): 7:59pm On Jul 24, 2020
Exmilitant:
sorry for the late response, work! In these days and age, many a man made his way to success alone. Rarely will you hear of a woman that contributed to a man's success.

Yes Bro, this our generation is something else
Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Georgekyrian(m): 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
Uyi168:
For my journey so far in life, she' has been the one pulling the strings..
Correct mama.. kiss

Nice one, God bless our mothers

1 Like

Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Georgekyrian(m): 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
mariahAngel:
Behind every successful individuals are people who help them get there in one way or another.
No single person should take or be given credit for an individual's success.

Yes but I just emphasized on one particular adage
Re: Behind Every Successful Man, Stands A Woman; Let's Discuss by Georgekyrian(m): 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2020
LordIsaac:

I understand bro... Well, no good job that's why one is trying to while away time getting acquainted with other fields. God will help us.

I swear

(1) (2) (Reply)

Husband's (possible) Infidelity: why look for trouble? / Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws / Where Exactly Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.