Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,567 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man (2236 Views)

Man And His Friend Bare Their Butts At Ex's House Because She Broke Up With Him / There Is A Girl That Am Dating We Started Dating 3 Months Ago(Help) / My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Ineedawifenow: 8:56am On Jul 24, 2020
Hello dear Nairalanders, please I need your help.
I created this monica account just to hear your advices.
There is this Guy I am dating, he is a disabled but not that serious. He uses wheelchair but hardworking. We both studied in the same secondary School. We were Besties, we latter turned lovers. He is an idealist, he is also independent. Before you ask his occupation. He was an author and letter turned musical producer. Like i said he is independent. He relocated to Lagos after he finished studying music production and established his own studio in Lagos.
I love him so much. He also promised to marry me and which I have also agreed to. But we are waiting after my graduation then we keep off the marriage. The problem here is my parents does not agree to our relationship. And they are seriously fighting against it. Please I need your advice cry cry cry
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by majamajic(m): 9:03am On Jul 24, 2020
When is your graduation ?
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by XXXXTENTACION: 9:04am On Jul 24, 2020
You did'nt tell us the disability undecided na blind man abi na deafness tell us make we know how to settle this matter cool
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by tempest01(m): 9:04am On Jul 24, 2020
Go with your heart. Your parents will not be there to go through a turbulent marriage with you if you marry the wrong person.

They will have no choice than to rethink on the long run.

Your happiness is key here.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Ineedawifenow: 9:06am On Jul 24, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
You did'nt tell us the disability undecided na blind man abi na deafness tell us make we know how to settle this matter cool
He is on wheelchair
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by XXXXTENTACION: 9:12am On Jul 24, 2020
Ineedawifenow:

He is on wheelchair
You indirectly mean he is disable when it comes to legs right

but sha that won't be a problem so far his third leg still dey function wink

1 Like

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by darocha1: 9:13am On Jul 24, 2020
I can relate to what your parents are doing and I have an idea of the dilemma you are in.

I am on a wheelchair and it is a phase I have passed through.

I only have 1 advice for you, face your studies. Make some money, pray to God (if you believe in any) and watch the rest play out.

In the meantime, keep your relationship a secret from your parents. Infact, make them feel you have dissolved the whole thing.

If you want to talk, send me a private message on IG @adebolawhite

Best Wishes

8 Likes

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by kia88(m): 9:15am On Jul 24, 2020
I think disability is something of the mind than of the physical feature in your case the young man is not disabled rather he is physically challenged. You should convince your parents in this respect and let them understand that your choice of spouse and emotions comes first before theirs besides we should be worried about if the both of you are compatible, and his ability to provide for your needs if you know what I mean...
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by okomile(f): 9:17am On Jul 24, 2020
Go after your heart

My sister in law married a guy who limps. Her parent were adamant and were making gra gra

She married the guy and after sometime, they succumbed

Now, they live in UK
My mother in-law travels there as if she is going to yaba market

Follow your heart and God will give you a happy home

5 Likes

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by ThiagoKid(m): 9:20am On Jul 24, 2020
Hmm

This one strong oo

Buh.. Since u love him...

Righteousness89. Ya needed here. And please come with your puppy @Dotherightthing

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by falcon01: 9:26am On Jul 24, 2020
damn That's crazyy
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by MJBOLT: 9:27am On Jul 24, 2020
The op na Guy abeg undecided
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Ineedawifenow: 9:37am On Jul 24, 2020
MJBOLT:
The op na Guy abeg undecided
Why you say so
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by donbachi(m): 9:39am On Jul 24, 2020
If to sey him papa na one known billionaire in nigeria..i believe ur mum in particular,for dey disturb her friends ears with "my son-inlaw dis,my son-inlaw dat"..both to who cares or not..do ur thing my sister.cobham is blind,but enviably one of the best musician/producer in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by kestolove95(m): 10:24am On Jul 24, 2020
Is his preeq workin? Dats d main tin, once his preeq is not disable no problem
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by dawnomike(m): 10:26am On Jul 24, 2020
Graduate and marry the love of your life biko... Thanks
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Righteousness89(m): 10:59am On Jul 24, 2020
As far as I am Concerned, nobody is Unmarryable! Whether Disable or Whatever!

What anyone needs to Pursue , is to Hear God Direct you! Once you Have that, Carry go!

Ensure you seek God Almighty for His Choice for you!

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Katier00(f): 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2020
I respect your choice but are you sure in your heart of heart that you can live with this guy for the rest of your life? It takes a lot even with men without disabilities. Imagine from 5 to 10 years time what the story will be for you. When you will need him to help with the kids and run errands for you. Marriage is not a child play. I pray it works out for and your children will be proud to associate with their Father. Follow your heart and let love leads.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Ugaboy: 4:55pm On Jul 24, 2020
Katier00:
I respect your choice but are you sure in your heart of heart that you can live with this guy for the rest of your life? It takes a lot even with men without disabilities. Imagine from 5 to 10 years time what the story will be for you. When you will need him to help with the kids and run errands for you. Marriage is not a child play. I pray it works out for and your children will be proud to associate with their Father. Follow your heart and let love leads.
...I like this video, 5 to 10years, i believe they are are hidden possibilities in some disabilities...maybe she found one in him...i still like your video
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by chris81964(m): 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2020
darocha1:
I can relate to what your parents are doing and I have an idea of the dilemma you are in.

I am on a wheelchair and it is a phase I have passed through.

I only have 1 advice for you, face your studies. Make some money, pray to God (if you believe in any) and watch the rest play out.

In the meantime, keep your relationship a secret from your parents. Infact, make them feel you have dissolved the whole thing.

If you want to talk, send me a private message on IG @adebolawhite

Best Wishes
What do we define as a disability? Steven Hawkins is celebrated as one of the greatest minds that ever lived. Yet he had not movement below his neck. I am not sure asking her to hide her relationship to satisfy emotionally and intellectually bereft parents is good advice. Maybe educating them is a nice start.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by itzme2020: 11:48pm On Jul 24, 2020
Follow your heart, the fact he's disabled doesn't make him less human
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 24, 2020
This may have been created to attract people but if it is true, I advise you to listen to your parents. Marriage is a long work. There will be a point in the marriage where there will be need for ability.
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by darocha1: 6:36am On Jul 25, 2020
chris81964:

What do we define as a disability? Steven Hawkins is celebrated as one of the greatest minds that ever lived. Yet he had not movement below his neck. I am not sure asking her to hide her relationship to satisfy emotionally and intellectually bereft parents is good advice. Maybe educating them is a nice start.

This is Africa, you don't Educate parents who are paying your school fees. Especially the yoruba ones

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by VicM6: 8:22pm On Jul 25, 2020
Dotherightthing:

21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.
thank you @ officer of the englisn language... i hail u. smich.
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2020
i bet if this disabled man was a millioniare or an heir to dangote they wouldnt have chased u out cheesy.As long as he has a job and is working whats the fuss in him being disabled since he"s ur choice
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Angelacruz: 9:23pm On Jul 25, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
looks like you didn't read d post
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Landargas: 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
If your parents have the guts to chase you out of the house because you are dating a disabled man then you should not even care about what they think. It is not the mans fault that he was birn like that. If they cannot understand it then you need to do what it is that you want.
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by articleme(m): 2:31pm On Jul 26, 2020
nawa o
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by mmadu4: 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2020
They did the right thing at your age you shouldn't be living with your parents on top of that dating a disabled man get your priorities straight first

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jeff bezos Ex Wife Marries A School Teacher / Is Ukraine Government Misogynistic (pics) / I Had A Nice Time With My Mother In-law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.