Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes (30658 Views)

Twin Tanker Explosion At Sagamu Forces Interchange Bridge Closure / 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure: Updates On Traffic Around Lagos Metropolis (Photos) / Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by SmartPolician: 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2020
BlueRayDick:
Lemme perch here and hear people's experience first ......So I can estimate the number of hours it will take me to get to mainland later in the evening

Read

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by KwaraRat: 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2020
popcykaylah:
Sanwo olu is the worst governor Lagos state ever had ...he’s clueless and has no idea why he’s in the office ...ikorodu road / eko bridge is a mess.. na only to Dey shine teeth and point finger he sabi ..

Take it up with fashole

All 3 link Bridges are federal owned and maintained.

1 Like

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by geezynoni: 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2020
GboyegaD:
Why would they want to repair 3rd Mainland Bridge and Marine Bridge simultaneously? Our planners need think properly.
E get why
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by Theevilone(m): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2020
They would have done this during the whole 4 or 5 months sit at home, leaders without foresight.

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by lexxwiz(m): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2020
If only the govt had brains, they would call back GoKada and it’s likes. But no, they are just bunch of moronic individuals that thinks money is all there is to have in this life. Blackman sha!

4 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2020
cheesy cheesy...what are u saying self .. lol grin
Queenlovely:
my driver na werey.

he recomend I use the family boat to get to mainland instead of the car.

I will call for my hellicopter soon
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by jubrilELsudan: 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2020
IF I SHARE MY EXPERIENCE, LAGOS WILL BURN.

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by Goke7: 4:49pm On Jul 24, 2020
lexxwiz:
If only the govt had brains, they would call back GoKada and it’s likes. But no, they keep putting their puppets so they can keep diverting state funds. person’s!!

honestly the gokada stuff make sense now but
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by Wiinnd(m): 4:58pm On Jul 24, 2020
popcykaylah:
Sanwo olu is the worst governor Lagos state ever had ...he’s clueless and has no idea why he’s in the office ...ikorodu road / eko bridge is a mess.. na only to Dey shine teeth and point finger he sabi ..
I hear they call him "Point and kill Governor"

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by DIIGZ(m): 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2020
[quote author=pocohantas post=92059260]Ishi.love how far? Are you planning to buy helicopter or you have made provisions for your budding yam legs? The traffic on alternative routes would be crazy. grin

I expect Lagos based NLders to be more aggressive in the coming days. Na traffic go cause am...[/quot e]. My crush how far
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by pocohantas(f): 5:02pm On Jul 24, 2020
DIIGZ:
My crush how far

I’m fine. You? smiley
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by AngelicBeing: 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2020
Shellsploit:
Lalasticlala sef!
Abeg who get spare timing belt, I dey ore road
Hian tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by tot(f): 5:05pm On Jul 24, 2020
pocohantas:

Na double we go see now o. I hate Lagos traffic ehn. The thing dey pain me for body, I go just dey vex. grin grin

Lagos traffic na waya, haha cheesy

https://www.zikoko.com/life/if-lagos-traffic-has-ever-shown-you-pepper-this-post-is-for-you/

1 Like

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by Cashsteady(m): 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2020
Lagosians awfa na, shebi people who dey ibadan and other state na village Dem dey una never see anything...
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by OreoPaschal(m): 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2020
hardbody:
I am on the island, working from home since March. I want to get away next weekend so I will do Lekki - Epe- ijebu ode-sagamu-ibadan. Same route while coming back. My strategy has been more on how I travel outside Lagos through the airport at ikeja and I have resolved that I will leave island the day before, stay in a hotel close to the airport, I usually do Ibis, and then get into the airport early. Most important is the need to ensure that I do not travel except it is absolutely necessary. In my head there are not more than 3 more trips till end of year...one trip to Abuja soon, new yam festival in September and Christmas trip.

Can someone please confirm whether those hotels are now operational? I have been having limited contact with civilization...I drink at home or an estate bar, buy from the supermarket and generally stay indoors. This scam will soon be managed by God's grace.

I think Ibis were among the hotels they closed down along the Airport road. You can access the likes of Swiss International, Rollex and Parklane that are stone throw inside the Estate.

Stay safe!

1 Like

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2020
I will look for another alternative...
Probably, I will be plying the road through the Edo witch transport service...
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by murmee: 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2020
lekkyy:

They want u to stay at home
God bless you for your comment. It is actually Lockdown part 3 through the back door.

1 Like

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by MansoryMX(m): 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2020
pocohantas:
Ishi.love how far? Are you planning to buy helicopter or you have made provisions for your budding yam legs? The traffic on alternative routes would be crazy. grin

I expect Lagos based NLders to be more aggressive in the coming days. Na traffic go cause am...

One of the very main Nairalander I really wanted to fvck so badly when I joined this forum some years back if not for marriage. Well it’s nice to know one can disguise with a new moniker.

1 Like

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by murmee: 5:30pm On Jul 24, 2020
Wiinnd:
I hear they call him "Point and kill Governor"
And the one in Oyo state (GSM) is called Audio Governor. Just imagine that!
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by murmee: 5:32pm On Jul 24, 2020
OreoPaschal:

I think Ibis were among the hotels they closed down along the Airport road. You can access the likes of Swiss International, Rollex and Parklane that are stone throw inside the Estate.

Stay safe!
See Advertisements o. Una go pay o!
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by oyeb15: 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2020
They close it every 3months for repairs. They couldn't construct such yet its hard for d civilian coconut head to maintain it.
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by lexy2014: 5:35pm On Jul 24, 2020
ProfAmaben:
This closure is for the benefit of everyone. If the bridge collapses, they would start blaming government.

What is d standard universal practice of carrying out maintenance of bridges worldwide?
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by TheSociopath(m): 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2020
NewDelhi:
This sanwo olu na low-key dictator.

Bridge was closed by the federal government
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by dotun365: 5:38pm On Jul 24, 2020
I like how you said repair and not just a check up. I don't think you can blame anyone for both bridges being faulty around thesame time
GboyegaD:
Why would they want to repair 3rd Mainland Bridge and Marine Bridge simultaneously? Our planners need think properly.
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by tbaby4u(f): 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2020
ProfAmaben:
This closure is for the benefit of everyone. If the bridge collapses, they would start blaming government.

Yes we know but can't they use their senses? I doubt if they still have some remaining in their brain. Why didn't they do this during lockdown? Truly this government lacks wisdom
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by dotun365: 5:41pm On Jul 24, 2020
they explained that some of the equipments and some of the personeel couldn't be around during the lockdown.
Theevilone:
They would have done this during the whole 4 or 5 months sit at home, leaders without foresight.

1 Like

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by dotun365: 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2020
what if they didn't have the equipments for the repair available during the lock down?
tbaby4u:

Yes we know but can't they use their senses? I thought if they still have some remaining in their brain. Why didn't they do this during lockdown? Truly this government lacks wisdom
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by nnamdi640: 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2020
popcykaylah:
So you expected a pet to have ideals more than the owner master

1 Like

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by ProfAmaben(m): 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2020
lexy2014:

What is d standard universal practice of carrying out maintenance of bridges worldwide?

The bridge has not been maintained since it's inception in 1990. It doesn't just need a routine maintenance but more like an overhaul. The joints are already in disarray. It's better they do this now.
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by ProfAmaben(m): 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2020
tbaby4u:

Yes we know but can't they use their senses? I thought if they still have some remaining in their brain. Why didn't they do this during lockdown? Truly this government lacks wisdom

Don't conclude. Most of the materials were imported from Germany. The covid-19 really delayed the whole thing. With or without covid-19, they would still close the bridge for 6months.
Let's live with it, it would be very tough though.
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by tbaby4u(f): 5:48pm On Jul 24, 2020
dotun365:
what if they didn't have the equipments for the repair available during the lock down?

What if? They ain't serious. They lack proper planning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: FG Extends Airport Closure By Two Weeks / UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes / Tanker Explosion On Kara Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Road: LRU & Fire Service Attacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.