Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,921 members, 7,956,463 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:28 PM

3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes (30914 Views)

Twin Tanker Explosion At Sagamu Forces Interchange Bridge Closure / 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure: Updates On Traffic Around Lagos Metropolis (Photos) / Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by lexy2014: 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2020
ProfAmaben:

The bridge has not been maintained since it's inception in 1990. It doesn't just need a routine maintenance but more like an overhaul. The joints are already in disarray. It's better they do this now.

U didn't answer d question I asked:
What is d standard universal practice of carrying out maintenance of bridges worldwide?

How did u come to d conclusion that d bridge has never been maintained since 1990? How's that possible?
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by EdmundChidera(m): 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2020
winkmart:
People like us work from home. We no dey go anywhere.

Learn a New Skill today and earn on the go.

SEE my signature
I'm interested
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by ProfAmaben(m): 5:53pm On Jul 24, 2020
lexy2014:

U didn't answer d question I asked:
What is d standard universal practice of carrying out maintenance of bridges worldwide?

How did u come to d conclusion that d bridge has never been maintained since 1990? How's that possible?

Kindly read nairametrics and see for yourself.

The maintenance you refer to in other climes are just routine maintenance, this one's a major one.
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by winkmart: 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2020
EdmundChidera:
I'm interested

Check me out on my website
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by hardbody: 5:58pm On Jul 24, 2020
OreoPaschal:

I think Ibis were among the hotels they closed down along the Airport road. You can access the likes of Swiss International, Rollex and Parklane that are stone throw inside the Estate.

Stay safe!

Thanks bro. I plan to do Ibis at Toyin Streer Ikeja not the one at Ajao Estate, Airport road. I will look them up online before any trip.

1 Like

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by NECO1998: 5:58pm On Jul 24, 2020
BrutalLafamilia:
Do you live in Lago finegirl wink
We are talking about Lagos traffic and your concern is fine girl. Which kind wahala be this?

3 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by God2man2again(m): 6:02pm On Jul 24, 2020
Night hour should have been the best option.
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by Ishilove: 6:05pm On Jul 24, 2020
pocohantas:
Ishi.love how far? Are you planning to buy helicopter or you have made provisions for your budding yam legs? The traffic on alternative routes would be crazy. grin

I expect Lagos based NLders to be more aggressive in the coming days. Na traffic go cause am...
Lol. You are not serious o cheesy
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by lexy2014: 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Kindly read nairametrics and see for yourself.

The maintenance you refer to in other climes are just routine maintenance, this one's a major one.

D one u read on nairametrics, what did it say? Are u aware that several repairs& maintenance have been carried out on d bridge between 2006& 2013 and even after?

I didn't refer to any type of maintenance. I only asked u what is d universal practice in situations like this. Major or minor, what is d standard practice worldwide?

1 Like

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by Americanboy35: 6:13pm On Jul 24, 2020
This could been easily during the lockdown months, smh.......

1 Like

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by Americanboy35: 6:14pm On Jul 24, 2020
This could have been easily done during the lockdown months, smh.......
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by ProfAmaben(m): 6:19pm On Jul 24, 2020
lexy2014:

D one u read on nairametrics, what did it say? Are u aware that several repairs& maintenance have been carried out on d bridge between 2006& 2013 and even after?

I didn't refer to any type of maintenance. I only asked u what is d universal practice in situations like this. Major or minor, what is d standard practice worldwide?

Fashola is your friend.
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by lexy2014: 6:21pm On Jul 24, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Fashola is your friend.

And is he ur enemy?

1 Like

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by pocohantas(f): 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2020
MansoryMX:

One of the very main Nairalander I really wanted to fvck so badly when I joined this forum some years back if not for marriage. Well it’s nice to know one can disguise with a new moniker.

Thank God for marriage. May you not fall into temptation, Sir.

Ishilove:

Lol. You are not serious o cheesy

I am very concerned. cheesy
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by jornwhite: 6:40pm On Jul 24, 2020
pocohantas:

Na double we go see now o. I hate Lagos traffic ehn. The thing dey pain me for body, I go just dey vex. grin grin

why is these one ranting again, are you living on inland working in the mainland undecided must you cry more than the bereaved .. undecided

1 Like

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by Aksnoopy: 6:54pm On Jul 24, 2020
[quote author=pocohantas post=92064045). I like you, can I take you out for lunch or dinner? DM me any nice restaurant of your choice. smiley
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by Sleekfingers: 7:04pm On Jul 24, 2020
popcykaylah:
Sanwo olu is the worst governor Lagos state ever had ...he’s clueless and has no idea why he’s in the office ...ikorodu road / eko bridge is a mess.. na only to Dey shine teeth and point finger he sabi ..

why not go to his office. And tell him exactly what u wrote here...we lagosians go really appreciate am.

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by EdmundChidera(m): 7:14pm On Jul 24, 2020
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by pocohantas(f): 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2020
jornwhite:

why is these one ranting again, are you living on inland working in the mainland undecided must you cry more than the bereaved .. undecided

-Sometimes I work on the mainland.
-Some of my family and friends THAT MATTER, stay on the mainland.
-I do my bulk shopping on the mainland, as I get to see everything I want in its raw form.

I am not ranting, it will actually affect me too. Mine is only avoidable.

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by Ishilove: 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2020
MansoryMX:

One of the very main Nairalander I really wanted to fvck so badly when I joined this forum some years back if not for marriage. Well it’s nice to know one can disguise with a new moniker.
Smh
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by Wiinnd(m): 7:31pm On Jul 24, 2020
murmee:
And the one in Oyo state (GSM) is called Audio Governor. Just imagine that!
And my Governor in Edo is called MOU Governor.
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by popcykaylah(m): 7:48pm On Jul 24, 2020
Sleekfingers:

why not go to his office. And tell him exactly what u wrote here...we lagosians go really appreciate am.
Made my own opinion ...please STFU if you don’t have anything to say
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by coronavirus19: 8:14pm On Jul 24, 2020
jaxxy:
What exactly do they keep doing on the bridge? Now it’s for 6months.
Lol na 6months+X. Nothing is ever done withun the specified time in Nigeria
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by dmjinc(m): 8:36pm On Jul 24, 2020
no more mainland paroles...V.I and Lekki axis got me cool
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by Shellsploit: 8:42pm On Jul 24, 2020
Odion2016:

Baba..na chain dey oo...

Oya bring am along with 18 spanner
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by MadeMan01(m): 8:43pm On Jul 24, 2020
winkmart:

Check me out on my website

Details place. Send to ufuoma.ojomaikre@outlook.com
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by Theevilone(m): 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2020
dotun365:
they explained that some of the equipments and some of the personeel couldn't be around during the lockdown.
Unless
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by Sleekfingers: 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2020
popcykaylah:

Made my own opinion ...please STFU if you don’t have anything to say

thank u,,,,you can relocate to the bottom of the lagoon, who bloody cares, na by force to stay in lagos?
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by MansoryMX(m): 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
Ishilove:

Smh

Wetin happen? Is it by force to like you? I hope that your crazy Rottweiler don chase you out of your own house

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by Ishilove: 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
MansoryMX:

Wetin happen? Is it by force to like you? I hope that your crazy Rottweiler don chase you out of your own house
Keep hating. It's no skin off my nose.
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by MansoryMX(m): 9:14pm On Jul 24, 2020
Ishilove:

Keep hating. It's no skin off my nose.

I pray it bite off those mouth of urs make u learn to dey mind ur business. Ikorodu Nairaland mod

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes by Ishilove: 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2020
MansoryMX:

I pray it bite off those mouth of urs make u learn to dey mind ur business. Ikorodu Nairaland mod
Grow up. You're incredibly childish for a married man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don't Trade Or Cross Lagos Blue Rail Line (Warning!) / Nigerian Living In Tanzania / A Nairalander Shares Overnight Beach Camping Experience At Enukunmi Eleko Beach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.