Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands (30293 Views)

Khadijah Iliya: Damagum Daughter's Wedding Fatiha (Pictures) / Photo Of Iliya Ibrahim Achukwu, NSCDC Officer Killed At Kuje Prison / Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by franxalive(m): 9:09am On Jul 25, 2020
ProfAmaben:

All these typings ko necessary.

Agreement is agreement. They've used almost 3yrs, others are equally jobless like them, let them also enjoy their 30k.

If Buhari is dead, go to Aso rock and prove it.

Even your national papers...have started digging into the mess and deceit of the century that youths like you can't see...and you hoping on this failed system...shame

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by Johnsonpac(m): 9:09am On Jul 25, 2020
Yankee101:
You were employed and told you will exit in 24months.

1. What did you do with your money and time?
2. A good number had other jobs while others had spare time to do other things
3. Let's stop depending on the government for everything
Same question should be forwarded to the retired civil servants after 35 years still depends on gratuities and pensions from the government.
Your number one question is baseless
Volunteers sacrificed their productive time and energy serving the government, surviving on a meagre 30k stipend, hence 1k per day in this present economy of the country ;how to u expect them to save, an attempt to miss going to their place of their primary assignment, they would be threatened with an exit from the programme.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by ProfAmaben(m): 9:10am On Jul 25, 2020
franxalive:

Even your national papers...have started digging into the mess and deceit of the century that youths like you can't see...and you hoping on this failed system...shame

Go and prove it in Aso rock oga. The national papers just want to put Nnamdi Kanu in prison for nothing.
Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by SenecaTheYonger: 9:17am On Jul 25, 2020
It doesn’t cost 300 billion though. At least 250 billion is what politicians will chop before they let the mass drag the remaining 50 billion
Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by Samyd18: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2020
Yankee101:

1. They pay them after 46 working days some time. Was never possible for them to save money
2. Might be true
3. That was not the case when the need there vote... In fact during election they claim to have created 500k jobs

3 Likes

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by raphaeladeyele: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2020
Hmmmmmm
Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by Reference(m): 9:20am On Jul 25, 2020
If I were a decision maker in goverment I will bring that national economic council round a table, a council expanded to include the dozen key, apex industrialists and tell them, look guys...

We have given you guys so much support in tarrifs, tax breaks, controlled exchange rates, etc., now we have 400,000 fledgling, micro businesses out there that need your patronage to anchor.

WHAT IS IT YOU IMPORT NOW AT HUGE COST TO OUR EXTERNAL RESERVES THAT CAN BE PRODUCED IN NIGERIA.

That will form the basis of what goverment will mandate N-Power to publish in its prospectus and you will be sure this will drive participants along the lines of industrialization.

This is how nations drive and change the social narrative of their citizens away from 'shop, shop, shop everywhere' as in Nigeria to factories, factories, factories everywhere just as in China.

Create an outlet by incentifying productivity at the top and bottom ends of the spectrum.

1 Like

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by Sibrah: 9:21am On Jul 25, 2020
Reference:

That is what we said then and keep on saying now.

It is our subculture of indolence that gave rise to the 'allocation mentality' operating in our national financial structure that has found its way into the social safety nets assembled by this goverment.

While they thought it will create jobs but alas as we have operated for almost sixty years it has created only dependency, and aggravated a viscious cycle of poverty because as we speak 'mouths have been widened'.

I bet you. Ask anyone of them what they have done with all the resources and they will give you a typical 'Nigerianesque' reply. 'I used it to SOLVE my problems', none of which is the lack of productivity.

That is why I have always said and in agreement with Lamido Sanusi that a structure that always puts money ahead of productivity, a contracting economy or contractors paradise, a rent seeking economy can never lead to development.

The real grassroots of fundamental development is TO REWARD PRODUCTIVITY NOT SEEK TO BUY PRODUCTIVITY. If States are to develop then so called allocations should only be made to productivity. If N-Power is to work then the goverment should only be paying FOR WHAT HAS BEEN DONE.

Today you have N-power, tomorrow the Keyamo jobs, same error. Why can't anyone in goverment connect the dots and seek a structure where goverment's deficit in infrastructure, power, education, health be met with the skills these beneficiaries venture into and use the funds to be allocated to them as payment for deliverables in these fields.

Practically speaking. Why can't they be saddled with the task for instance of developing test kits, sanitary consumables, contact tracing, medical supplies in this Covid 19 battle. Why can't they be led towards channels where goverment presently expends collosal amounts of money it doesn't have to provide materials and services it needs.

Why should goverment spend its scarce resources on my project to learn to make biscuits when it is taking loans to 'contract' another Nigerian to buy face masks from China.

We need our social naira to go to our pressing social NEEDS then we are sure it is money well spent. Only that will guarantee productivity and prevent a culture of irresponsible dependency.

You are signing SUKUK for roads while you have teams of protesters outside your gates....what kind of leaders do we have in Nigeria for goodness sake. No vision at all.

I disagree with the bold. Govt will be right to seek to buy productivity. It now depends on the closeness of returns being expected. In the case of NPower, they where investing salaries in a long term investment that can only start yielding returns when the students being thought begin to work and pay tax(a condition which is vague in the sense that they can choose to travel out).
A shorter term investment like oil refining or agro-allied industry would have yielded some profit will start offsetting salaries and ease the burden on govt.

Govt around the world are in business because they have seen the advantages.
Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by Torie8(f): 9:23am On Jul 25, 2020
This Rhoda Iliya is mad angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by Reference(m): 9:27am On Jul 25, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:
It doesn’t cost 300 billion though. At least 250 billion is what politicians will chop before they let the mass drag the remaining 50 billion

No one should give anyone any silly 600,000. For what. FOR WHAT TELL ME. What allocation could not do for you grant will never do. What allocation could not do for states, bailout did not. It is a vicious cycle of poverty they are gripped in.

The mentality to get out of it is not there simply because there is no structured demand to tickle their responsibility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by Ayosman1: 9:30am On Jul 25, 2020
A people deserve the kind of leaders they have....what a country and what a people!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by izovibration(m): 9:33am On Jul 25, 2020
Federal government should have a rethink and permanent the 500,000 Npower volunteers. They cannot afford to go back to the street again.

After all you gave them contract but breach the contract by allowing batch A volunteers for almost 4years. Please permanent them.

3 Likes

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by Victor20206: 9:34am On Jul 25, 2020
this is indeed bad news I swear.
Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by franxalive(m): 9:34am On Jul 25, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Go and prove it in Aso rock oga. The national papers just want to put Nnamdi Kanu in prison for nothing.

You seem to have left out common sense and reasoning...i argue not with you anymore.
Regards �
Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by God2man2again(m): 9:36am On Jul 25, 2020
Must they collect everything they asked for?

Give them something no matter how little.

Show that you care.

It is not how much we know but how we care.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by MalaikaEH(f): 9:37am On Jul 25, 2020
This Rhoda Iliya must be a wicked person. Can't she just shut her mouth? All her statements tend to cause High BP for the people that are already in a precarious situation.

1 Like

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by izovibration(m): 9:38am On Jul 25, 2020
ultimateGreen:
is as if is not only our leaders that mad in this country, majority of the followers too are not really well...

when u are employed, they told u the condition of employment (including the length of employment and renumeration package) u agreed happily, now that the contract has ended, u are now demanding unreasonable things, are u ok at all?

DSS suppose to arrest the protesters for breach of contract!

They said two years contract but kept Batch A for almost 4years breaching the contract. With the rubbish you wrote above do you want the volunteers to go back to the street? Think again

1 Like

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by Geopex(m): 9:39am On Jul 25, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Oliver Twist.

Government has given you free 30k monthly stipends but you don't want others to benefit.

Greedy people. 600k for what exactly? Don't you people know how to read agreements?

Buhari should just ignore them.

So what about those billions stolen by the said government. Are u saying is that if they should give them grant to start there own business after serving the country twice. How much is 30k per month? I know how much I spent on data, feeding, my mother, sisters, brothers and friends in a week. I am one of the npower volunteers, I started my business after a yr as a volunteer, but is possible for me bcs am still still single. Many are married and the stipend was not enough for feeding alone. If government want to lift them from poverty, I see no big deal in giving us grant even if z 200k or more.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by nams77: 9:40am On Jul 25, 2020
Yankee101:

My collegue used his own stipend to get married. Dude already has a job.
For the intelligent ones, it would have been an opportunity to acquire new skills that will make them independent.
Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by dederocs(m): 9:43am On Jul 25, 2020
The government should pay all unemployed youths, not just N power, what makes them special. misplaced priorities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by AK481(m): 9:43am On Jul 25, 2020
This govt is foolish.

They are trying to blackmail Npower youth.

They are trying to pitch Nigerians against them.

They lied !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by ProfAmaben(m): 9:44am On Jul 25, 2020
franxalive:

You seem to have left out common sense and reasoning...i argue not with you anymore.
Regards �

Lol, were we arguing before? You were stating a baseless claim. Plain baseless.
Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by minasota(f): 9:44am On Jul 25, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Bunch of morons

Still want to collect From federal government after exiting the programme
Damnnnnn niggarrr
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/serap-gives-buhari-14-
days-to-probe-n300bn-missing-public-funds/

1 Like

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by edoairways: 9:46am On Jul 25, 2020
[quote author=aduhube post=92080441][/quote]
Who told you that they all got their full stipend?

2 Likes

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by ProfAmaben(m): 9:47am On Jul 25, 2020
Geopex:

So what about those billions stolen by the said government. Are u saying is that if they should give them grant to start there own business after serving the country twice. How much is 30k per month? I know how much I spent on data, feeding, my mother, sisters, brothers and friends in a week. I am one of the npower volunteers, I started my business after a yr as a volunteer, but is possible for me bcs am still still single. Many are married and the stipend was not enough for feeding alone. If government want to lift them from poverty, I see no big deal in giving us grant even if z 200k or more.

Why not blow whistle and collect 10% of the money if you are so sure?

Be honest, when you signed up, weren't you aware that it is for 2yrs?
Was there any agreement of 200-600k for business?

Be honest.
Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by Reference(m): 9:48am On Jul 25, 2020
Sibrah:

I disagree with the bold. Govt will be right to seek to buy productivity. It now depends on the closeness of returns being expected. In the case of NPower, they where investing salaries in a long term investment that can only start yielding returns when the students being thought begin to work and pay tax(a condition which is vague in the sense that they can choose to travel out).
A shorter term investment like oil refining or agro-allied industry would have yielded some profit will start offsetting salaries and ease the burden on govt.

Govt around the world are in business because they have seen the advantages.

Then why are they on the streets asking for more money and after that more and more and more. Who is checking what this money is producing. Are you? That is nothing but a goverment gamble. You won't raise your children that way.

Without requiring a whole new goverment bureaucratic structure to guide N-power 'students' along the lines of success with its attendant corruption how else is this thing going to work.

I repeat, the only way to make this thing work is first. Couple the vision to develop the beneficiaries with a solid plan to develop the country so that even future funding can be diversified to donor agencies and the private sector.

Secondly, reward results not desires. Success is infectious so is failure. One real success story will encourage millions of other Nigerians to venture, just one story of folks getting resources for next to nothing will attract the worst of Nigerians into the system.

And the only way to guarantee success is to pay only for productivity. Then he who wishes will step up.

That is why I said their model of your so called long term inveatment is wrong. Did they tell them that they will be paid salaries for years until they find their feet. Even a child knows that is not sustainable.

Simply put, if you want to ROI in 24 months you simoly cannot call people from their beds. For goodness sake there are 30, 40 million unemployed. Add half a million graduates each year.

You need a conveyor belt of productivity to handle that. You cannot wait for anyone to develop the intellect or will to make it. N-power is not a school of life.

1 Like

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by Ospic2014: 9:50am On Jul 25, 2020
[color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]dey can afford to loot niggeriA dry

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by Johnsonpac(m): 9:57am On Jul 25, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Oliver Twist.

Government has given you free 30k monthly stipends but you don't want others to benefit.

Greedy people. 600k for what exactly? Don't you people know how to read agreements?

Buhari should just ignore them.

The government breached the contract agreement at first, a programme that is meant for two years, they extended it all because of election campaigns, of course it won't speak well of the government if they disengaged the volunteers amid election after they made promises to the volunteers during election ' *YOUR PERMANENCY LIES ON YOUR VOTER'S CARD*.
I don't see reason why the government can't give these sets of youths jobs or rather a grant, why being so wicked and insensitive

2 Likes

Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by Reference(m): 9:58am On Jul 25, 2020
MalaikaEH:
This Rhoda Iliya must be a wicked person. Can't she just shut her mouth? All her statements tend to cause High BP for the people that are already in a precarious situation.

If you truly, truly used the money for self development how then can you be in a precarious situation. At least you should have left life support to the emergency ward status which is better.

But I understand without proper vision and guidance this will happen. If my daddy always gave me a pouch of cash for school fees right from kindergarten as his only obligation towards my education I certainly will not have seen the four walls of any school.
Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by Sibrah: 9:59am On Jul 25, 2020
Reference:

Then why are they on the streets asking for more money and after that more and more and more. Who is checking what this money is producing. Are you? That is nothing but a goverment gamble. You won't raise your children that way.

Without requiring a whole new goverment bureaucratic structure to guide N-power 'students' along the lines of success with its attendant corruption how else is this thing going to work.

I repeat, the only way to make this thing work is first. Couple the vision to develop the beneficiaries with a solid plan to develop the country so that even future funding can be diversified to donor agencies and the private sector.

Secondly, reward results not desires. Success is infectious so is failure. One real success story will encourage millions of other Nigerians to venture, just one story of folks getting resources for next to nothing will attract the worst of Nigerians into the system.

And the only way to guarantee success is to pay only for productivity. Then he who wishes will step up.

That is why I said their model of your so called long term inveatment is wrong. Did they tell them that they will be paid salaries for years until they find their feet. Even a child knows that is not sustainable.

Simply put, if you want to ROI in 24 months you simoly cannot call people from their beds. For goodness sake there are 30, 40 million unemployed. Add half a million graduates each year.

You need a conveyor belt of productivity to handle that. You cannot wait for anyone to develop the intellect or will to make it. N-power is not a school of life.
The scheme itself was a success but as a venture is a long term venture. Returns isn't in sight and salaries are not being generated from within the scheme yet. It makes sense to give the disengaged beneficiaries a lump sum to help them become small business owners but the money isn't there like that. This has to happen.
Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by rickyrex(m): 10:02am On Jul 25, 2020
Yankee101:

yes let's stop voting the government for anything as well if we can't get every or anything
Re: Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands by Reference(m): 10:04am On Jul 25, 2020
I think the summary of it all is that it was not thought through diligently. It was rushed and filled with a lot of assumptions. The people and leaders are definitely not on the same page and this goes to show the need for a people centric democratic experience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Insecurity: Why Northern Elders Are Angry With Buhari – Femi Adesina / Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official / Reno Omokri At The Age Of 6 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.