Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

The Lady At The Back Seat - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Lady At The Back Seat (602 Views)

The Lady In Red / Olaokun Soyinka Writes Tonye Cole Over Airplane Seat Saga Of Wole Soyinka / 'The Lady Next My Door' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lady At The Back Seat by Layze(m): 8:58am On Jul 25, 2020
FEED YOUR MIND (FYM) SERIES

THE LADY AT THE BACK SEAT

Hello good people! Happy weekend to you all! I’m going to say this to all the guys today: beware of FAIR GIRLS. I had a very unpleasant experience yesterday and up till this moment I’ve not been able to recover.

My name’s Dotun but my friends call me DOT for short. I graduated last year and got a job two months ago where I am being paid eighty thousand naira. Majority of my first salary was used to clear debt as I had already borrowed a lot of money before the month ended.

As a fresh graduate I had to move from Kogi state, where I’ve lived all my life, down to Lagos state because of job issue. I stayed with my sister for a while but I left her place immediately I got the job.

I borrowed some money and rented an apartment; I also bought some nice clothes and shoes. After paying most of the debt with my first salary, I borrowed more money in anticipation of my second salary. Now you are wondering what for right? Well it’s because of my extravagant lifestyle.
Almost every weekend I get at least a girl to sleep over my place; even if it’s just for a night.

Yesterday I woke up early and did some washing. A colleague at work invited me to his brother’s wedding anniversary and I had promised not to miss it. I took my time in the bathroom; I carefully shaved, scrubbed my body very well with a new soap I bought the previous day.
I went to my wardrobe and fish out the clothe I intend to wear: a sparkling white Armani shirt and a brown trouser; which I just bought recently.
I applied my nice perfume after putting on my clothes. I unbuttoned the shirt up to the first two buttons so that my chest will show slightly. I put on my eye glass and my silver wrist watch; I strapped on my brown leather shoes and stepped in front of the mirror – the figure that greeted me was out of this world (I too fine abeg!).

I called my Uber guy and he arrived a few minutes later.

The party was interesting and fun, the couple – especially the wife – looks very beautiful. The food they served was tasty and expensive. I really enjoyed my time there; however, I was disappointed.
My major motive of going there was to wow the beautiful girls with my charm and probably take a fish home – that was my primary objective there. To my surprise almost all the ladies present were older women and teenagers. I was really mad.
I left the party after a while. I didn’t bother call any Uber. I walked to the road and stopped a cab. “Oyingbo” I said to the driver. He stopped and we negotiated the price after I described my exact place. After the agreement I opened the door and sat beside the driver, the car zoomed off.

I didn’t notice at first – or should I say I was still fuming from my annoyance to notice anything – but I heard a feint cough from behind and I looked at the back seat. My goodness! Is this human or goddess? I saw a fair lady at the back seat. She looked up and smiled at me as I turned back.
She was damn beautiful: her face was oval and she has a pointed nose, her hair was plaited backwards in an old style and her lips are painfully red. I was hooked seriously.

What got me charmed completely was the fact that she didn’t wear any make-up. I kept looking at the front mirror just to catch a glimpse of her again and every time I do that, our eyes met.
I was shifting uncomfortably on my seat. I looked at the driver and noticed he was preoccupied with his driving – or so it seems. I asked him to pull over; he did. I pretended like I was feeling nauseous and went to a nearby gutter to pour out saliva.
I went back to the cab and instead of seating beside the driver again, I opened the back door and sat beside my beautiful angel.

The driver looked at me, cocked his head and when I didn’t give him any signal, he zoomed off. I calm myself down and turned to the beauty beside me “hi I’m Dotun, DOT for short” she smiled at me and only gave me “hmm”. “Your face looks familiar from my NYSC days, what’s your name?” “Sandra”.

Guys, that was the only reasonable response I got from this girl throughout my unfortunate evening with her. “Wow Sandra! Even your name sounds familiar. You finished your NYSC programme last year right?” “Three” “you mean three years ago?” “Yes” she said. “I thought as much. Do you stay around Oyingbo too?” “Yes” she replied, my elation knew no bounds.
“So have you started working?” “Yes” “where do you work if I may ask?” “Yes” she replied again. “I mean which company do you work for? As for me I work as an IT staff in a telecom company at Ikeja” “yes” she said again.

I was beginning to feel awkward, I looked at the driver and noticed he was grinning sheepishly – that got me angrier and I decided to go for the shot. “Aren’t you hungry? Should we stop at a nice restaurant and talk over some delicious meal?” “Yes” came the reply. Again.

I told the driver to stop when we got to a very big and expensive restaurant. We alighted and I asked him the fare for the two of us “twenty thousand” he said “haha what happened from where to where?” I almost shouted, then Sandra turn back at my voice and looked at me. I quickly paid the cab man and we walked to the restaurant.

We walked inside and picked our seat at a very nice spot. I called the attendant and looked over the menu – I had my second shock of the evening. Their foods were really expensive. A plate of fried rice and chicken costs #3500; one Hollandia yoghurt costs #1500.
I ordered my food and turned to Sandra who was busy looking around. I guess she hasn’t been to an expensive place like this before.

I was happy she was impressed, that increases my chances of taking her home. “Will you take fried rice too?” “Yes” “how many plates?” I asked just to impress her; she won’t eat more than a plate of course. I got another shock: “three” “you mean three plates?” I asked with a wide open eyes “yes”.

Re: The Lady At The Back Seat by Rufflinez: 10:01am On Jul 25, 2020
One chance!
Re: The Lady At The Back Seat by idmicheal20: 10:29am On Jul 25, 2020
[center][/center] ; grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Lady At The Back Seat by Odoogu(m): 10:39am On Jul 25, 2020
gringrin. shakara sidon jeje, na your yanga go wake am.

1 Like

Re: The Lady At The Back Seat by Layze(m): 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2020
THE LADY AT THE BACK SEAT (CONCLUSION)

Our food was served but I was really loosing it. She took three plates and one yoghurt; plus my own everything totaled #17,000. I remembered I paid the cab man #20,000; that’s #37,000 this evening. I had only borrowed #50,000 yesterday and I have spent almost 80% of it.
I shook that out of my mind and focused on Sandra. I looked at her and thought: I go finish you today. She was devouring her meal like a lion and I kept wondering if she was really hungry.
I resumed conversations with her and all through I only got two responses from her – yes or three. I was getting uncomfortable with the conversation, I asked if she would like to come to my house and as usual I got the response yes.

I called the attendant and after making payment we headed out. I was already imagining in my head how I’m going to make her pay in bed; first for making me spend so much and second for making me awkward throughout with her poor social skills.
We were walking to the road to pick a cab when suddenly a car drove in and parked right beside us. A man and two women alighted and from their white robe I deduced they work in a hospital.

They walked straight down to us “Kemi, where have you been? We’ve looked all over for you since morning. Why are you giving us trouble like this?” one of the women said with a concern face and rushed over to grab Sandra. She hugged her and dragged her to the car; Sandra said “yes” and followed her meekly. I was dumbfounded.

“Where are you taking her to?” I suddenly found my voice, “who are you and how can you just come and take my girl?” I was shouting and walking towards their car.
The man and the women looked at themselves and suddenly they started thanking me, I became more confused. “Brother thank you so much for what you’ve done for her; especially for feeding her. She hasn’t eaten good food for months now”
“What are you saying? Are you people alright?” I was really mad. Our fracas were creating a mini scene, then the man, who later identified himself as Dr. Wale, dragged me to one corner and gave me the shock of my life.

Sandra isn’t her name, her name’s Kemi. She is a psychiatric patient who has been in custody over 8 months after suffering from an accident. She has been recovering steadily but she also suffers from memory loss.
She doesn’t remember her name or even anything at all. She only remembers whatever she heard from people. She told me she’s Sandra because one of the two women (they were nurses actually) bears Sandra and she must have heard people call her that at the hospital.

They have gotten a coach for her who’s teaching her basic words so that she can at least converse with people and express herself. She hasn’t been doing well with the coaching and the only two words that she has learnt so far are: yes and three.
Her family hasn’t been checking on her regularly like they used to and she hasn’t been feeding well because of that. She broke out from the hospital early this morning and they’ve been searching for her since.
They got a call from one of their staff who is off-duty; the person saw us walking into the restaurant and called the hospital right away. They rushed down immediately.

Guys, to say I was angry is an understatement, I was mad. All the stories didn’t even bother me; I didn’t even feel any pity for her.
I looked at the doctor who was thanking me again as their savior who not only got her back but also fed her. “It’s okay doctor, its fine. BUT MY QUESTION NOW IS WHO IS GOING TO PAY ME BACK?”

The doctor and the nurses looked at me with a surprised expression and said in unison “brother, you did all that out of your heart of course, nobody owes you anything!”

Now please, is this right? Am I not to be paid even if it’s for my trouble?

Feed Your Mind
© 2020

1 Like

Re: The Lady At The Back Seat by Odoogu(m): 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2020
gringrin
yeah dem suppose pay you.
you wey feed and transport Psychiatric patient, and you no be doctor. true dem suppose pay you.

1 Like

Re: The Lady At The Back Seat by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2020
Funny. So guys fear me as I am also a fair girl. Hahaha

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dear Mom. / Shey He No Dey Tire You — Ayomide Inufin D'great / Sweeter Than Honey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.