Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. (2525 Views)

Man Caught Lady He Trained In School For 7 Years In A Church With Another Man / My Sister, You Have Been Dating Him For 1 Year Plus & You Dont Know This / 'I Am Not An Ashawo'; Lady Who Has Been Dating 3 Guys For Over Two Years. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by temijoshuaa(m): 10:41am On Jul 25, 2020
I met this lady in 2012 while at achool and we started dating same year. She is a very gentle and quiet girl and i am also quiet but better than her. She gives me no problem and does not demand too much. She earns a living for herself and comfortable. We are both 28 years.

I have one major problem with our relationship. We cant have good conversations together and we are not friends. Over the years, she has promised to improve in terms of communication, but i am not feeling it at all. We are not friends. Whenever we are together, i have to call my friends to have conversations and relieve my boredom. A friend advised me to go see her parents, maybe she will change afterwards, this did not change anything. Throughout our 5 hours journey from her parent's house to mine, we did not discuss at all, despite my effort to engage.

She does not show emotions. I have tried several times to get her angry, but she would not show emotions. One time, i did a photoshop of me having a video call with a naked girl, and i gave her my phone to check pictures. She saw the picture, but gave no emotion at all. She just checked it and scrolled to the next picture. I WAS FLABBERGASTED.

Please, its been 7 years in this relationship, and her parents are already talking about marriage. I need advise as i want a fun
marriage, and be friends with my wife.

Can such a woman change?, or will I have to accommodate that for the rest of my life.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by Amotolongbo(f): 10:44am On Jul 25, 2020
She does not show emotions. I have tried several times to get her angry, but she would not show emotions. One time, i did a photoshop of me having a video call with a naked girl, and i gave her my phone to check pictures. She saw the picture, but gave no emotion at all. She just checked it and scrolled to the next picture. I WAS FLABBERGASTED.
If she talks and complains to you, you will still complain that she nags.

What do you want self?

You even have a problem yourself.
Every human has what excites him/her no mater how cool or reserve he/she is.
For a whole five years, you haven’t understood your woman to know what does excite her and make her talk and look lively?

4 Likes

Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by missawele(f): 10:45am On Jul 25, 2020
One time, i did a photoshop of me having a video call with a naked girl, and i gave her my phone to check pictures. She saw the picture, but gave no emotion at all. She just checked it and scrolled to the next picture.

This part caught my attention.

I hope she is not pretending and only waiting to be a full madam before showing her true character.

No matter how quiet and gentle someone is, what you did should have made her react.
Even if it's to have a talk or something.

But na wa for you o.
You have dated someone for 7 years, and are now asking questions. Questions you should have asked 6 years ago.

Odiegwu.

I am a digital marketing strategist and business coach. I help small business owners find clarity in their business & make sales online. If you are trying to start a business and don't know how to go about it, stuck in your business, want to make sales or just generally finding things difficult in your business, reach out to me. I can help

8 Likes

Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 25, 2020
Is she an Efiko,she is probably analysing you, May be you need more intellectual discuss to get her talking. It doesn't mean she is not lovable,she just can't express it. People like that are super focus all your Photoshop don't move them .Find out what she is passionate about and get talking along that lines .My girlfriend is super quite but I know she is a lovely unemotional person. I try to weigh her actions, love is what you do to show it,not necessarily only communication.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by Ipromote: 10:48am On Jul 25, 2020
Hmmm
Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by Charleys: 10:52am On Jul 25, 2020
Guy do wetin dey your mind.
Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by chatinent: 11:51am On Jul 25, 2020
I've read this somewhere before.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by culf: 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2020
take her out, take her to somewhere she really luv and have a heart to heart talk with her. tell her everything you said here and you'll have a headway.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by CyberEBOLA(m): 1:27pm On Jul 25, 2020
temijoshuaa:
I met this lady in 2012 while at achool and we started dating same year. She is a very gentle and quiet girl and i am also quiet but better than her. She gives me no problem and does not demand too much. She earns a living for herself and comfortable. We are both 28 years.

I have one major problem with our relationship. We cant have good conversations together and we are not friends. Over the years, she has promised to improve in terms of communication, but i am not feeling it at all. We are not friends. Whenever we are together, i have to call my friends to have conversations and relieve my boredom. A friend advised me to go see her parents, maybe she will change afterwards, this did not change anything. Throughout our 5 hours journey from her parent's house to mine, we did not discuss at all, despite my effort to engage.

Please, its been 7 years in this relationship, and her parents are already talking about marriage. I need advise as i want a fun

Can such a woman change?, or will I have to accommodate that for the rest of my life.
SLAP HER FOR NO REASON, LETS SEE

6 Likes

Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by Bestcreamreview: 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2020
She probably thinks you're boring too lol.. anyway, a quiet guy like you shouldn't have ventured into a relationship with a quiet girl, you should date bubbly, highly extroverted girls, they have a way of bringing quiet guys out of their shells and they can keep conversations going even when you're not talking much.

I wonder how two people can be in a relationship for 7 years without being friends, if I don't like someone's vibe, I can't stand being in a romantic relationship with them for even two months. What have you guys been doing together for the last 7 years? Just sex and romance? How did the relationship last so long without meaningful conversations?

7 years is just too long, if you break up with her now, it's gonna seem like you wasted her time. You knew she was quiet before you started dating her so why do you want her to change who she is now? But I must confess that her case is quite special because most quiet people tend to be talkative around people they are close to, I'm an introvert myself but I'm a completely different person around my loved ones, If I date a guy for up to 7 years, we're gonna be like twins, he'll be my gossip partner and I'll fart freely in his presence sef grin , 7 years is too long to not be comfortable with someone haba!

6 Likes

Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by Openbusiness4: 3:52pm On Jul 25, 2020
Guy u better run grin
Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by Clickairtravels: 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2020
Bro a good point you have raised here and I feel you 100% because I know exactly what you are talking about.. My golden Advice for you is run run run!! End it now. She will never change as dating her is like dating yourself and she can never make any Positive impact on your life especially at the area of advise.. You will always be an alfa n omega at home in whatever you are set to do be it positive or negative without guide in companionship. This type of lady is not multivated at all as they show no interest in anything.. No time for movies, news, sports or events happening around them. They are forgetful and are not committed to anything..

You may be troubled and need a shoulder to lean on in tough times but you can't find. You maybe in distress and need someone to talk to but can't find.
You maybe suprised to find her fall asleep in the middle of discussion when you are in distress and actually talking to her.
Bro, I'm speaking from experience and don't wish to go into details.
This is my piece of advise for you and other would be husband who found their selves in relationship with such characters. Just run run run! It's no what it. The only good thing I have come to realize about this type of woman is like in my own case they most likely don't cheat. Btw who toto epp.

5 Likes

Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by Xsem(m): 4:43pm On Jul 25, 2020
I don't think you have much issue but how were you comfortable enough to date her for perfect 7 years with this her attitude you perceive to be a problem.
My aunt's husband is just like the girl you narrated in your story, my auny is an extrovert and that complemented the two of them. The man doesn't talk much, he knows the right thing to do and he does it. Even if the lady shouts and makes frenzy, he will just keep mute. When i visited them on 3 weeks holidays, I can count how many times we talked. Even if i am in his car with him, we can drive for the whole day without him uttering a word.
Though he has friends that he do gist with in rare occasions

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2020
What exactly do we guys want? cause am confused rn if they're good you'll complain if they're bad you'll still complainsad

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by Barzinime(m): 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2020
grin grin
CyberEBOLA:
SLAP HER FOR NO REASON, LETS SEE

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by Ishilove: 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2020
You must be boring AF, which is why you both never have meaningful conversation, which in turn begs the question why she is still with you.
Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by merieam16(f): 5:22pm On Jul 25, 2020
After 7 good years nd u re now complaining claiming u didnt kno her enough or she' boring bla bla.When u ought to study her nd kno hw u guys will b able 2 compliment each other is only sex dat will b in ur head, naw its time 2 settle down u re talkin gibberish.

U av 2 marry her o.It ur cross carry it,cos no one is perfect not excluding u.
Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by Austeeenxx: 6:04pm On Jul 25, 2020
Fu ck me sideways! How the hell did this boring couple get to 7 years? The fact that u 2 were in a relationship for 7 years is a modern day miracle.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by paul100(m): 6:11pm On Jul 25, 2020
I am an ambivert and i will prefer an extrovert lady so we will have a great conversable relationship.
You are an introvert and your girl is also an introvert,so what were you expecting?
Guy,7yrs no be small thing.If you leave this girl,e no go better for you ooo because this matter could have been settled the first year of your relationship.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by EmmaNuella77(f): 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2020
The part where you said you photoshop your picture ...
Sincerely I feel like she's been broken
Maybe y'all had issues in the past and she's decided to not give a fuvk about anything

But for the part where you said she hardly converses with you? For 7 years?

Abeg the next person has something to say. grin
Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by Bestcreamreview: 7:16pm On Jul 25, 2020
paul100:
I am an ambivert and i will prefer an extrovert lady so we will have a great conversable relationship.
You are an introvert and your girl is also an introvert,so what were you expecting?
Guy,7yrs no be small thing.If you leave this girl,e no go better for you ooo because this matter could have been settled the first year of your relationship.
exactly, a problem like this should have been thrashed out within the first few months of the relationship. Vibe is very important in a relationship, if you don't vibe well with your partner after six months, you should consider quitting, instead of wasting their time for 7 years. It's possible that the OP's girlfriend is very beautiful, that's why he didn't let her go all these while. Most guys can tolerate a boring girl if she's very pretty.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by Sixfeetbelle: 8:09pm On Jul 25, 2020
temijoshuaa:

Let me not lie.

She will not change. I don't think she will.

Wait, let me ask the elders first.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by samwise180(m): 9:39pm On Jul 25, 2020
temijoshuaa:

Is she S.U?
Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by karkinase(m): 12:00am On Jul 26, 2020
Openbusiness4:
Guy u better run grin
Na to Jakpa sure for this matter kl shocked
Re: We Have Been Dating For 7 Years, But I AM Tired. by Lifestone(m): 7:50am On Jul 26, 2020
karkinase:

Na to Jakpa sure for this matter kl shocked
After 7 years. But if he could cope for seven years, then he can cope for the rest of his life.
The Lady is a very peaceful woman.its the responsibility of the OP to improve the vibe !

(1) (Reply)

Please Judge Am I The Fool Here? / My Girlfriend Is Too Desperate To Get Admission / SURROGACY Is The Best Way For Men To Live Peacefully Without Women!! [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.