Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

My Guinea Fowls Dairy - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Guinea Fowls Dairy (8129 Views)

Guinea Fowls Farming / Hybrid Guinea Fowls / Am Selling Out My Guinea Pig In Set Of Offspring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by Munzy14(m): 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2020
jidestroud:

Are you for real? Eat gini? Tah!!! grin
cheesy Its edible, my people harvest it, keep it in a closed container for 3days. Then, cut open the down side, remove the poo and others, and fry on a low heat with frying pan and sprinkle of salt. Later ,used in african salad or ugba sauce for my south east people...

1 Like

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by Munzy14(m): 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2020
jidestroud:

Honestly ehn, their matter don taya mi. Their aproko is on another level. I always thought nothing could beat the turkeys, but mhen, turkeys are learners. cry
I cant keep them, very noisy....Turkey no get wahala, except absence of feed/water or too many males fighting...
Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by Royruky(m): 9:34pm On Oct 22, 2020
Michael390:

wow I never knew their prices dropped down dramatically

Many factors determine the price of peachicks. The age of the peachicks is the most dominant factor. Recently, a friend sold his 2 weeks old peachicks for 25k. Yes, 25k for a pair of 2 weeks old peachicks.

The problem, however, is that they are very fragile at that age. They cannot survive harsh weather thereby making it difficult to send such young ones from the Northern part of the country where there are many breeders to the Southern part of the country.

1 Like

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by Royruky(m): 9:45pm On Oct 22, 2020
Michael390:

wow it's so cheap shocked

They are even cheaper in the North. I bought some for 300 per 2 weeks old chick from a friend in Kano about 2 months ago. Another friend was supposed to ship them to me alongside my exotic pigeons - Moorehead, Archangel, Jacobin, Oriental frill, Poulter, - budgies, and cockatiels. Unfortunately, he forgot to ship to them.

The seller offered to return my money but I told him not to bother since the default was not his.

I do hope to get some from him soonest.

1 Like

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by Blackbelly(m): 4:02pm On Oct 23, 2020
On behalf of the fans of this guinea fowl diary, I move the motion for pictures of their progress to be added. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by jidestroud(m): 7:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
Blackbelly:
On behalf of the fans of this guinea fowl diary, I move the motion for pictures of their progress to be added. grin grin

Lol, I thought you'll never ask.
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by Robinson155(m): 6:28am On Oct 24, 2020
cheesy OP
Hala me when you wan eat ham grin grin

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by Robinson155(m): 6:28am On Oct 24, 2020
Blackbelly:

Not opposed

1 Like

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by Blackbelly(m): 2:05pm On Oct 24, 2020
Robinson155:
cheesy OP
Hala me when you wan eat ham grin grin

grin grin grin

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by jidestroud(m): 8:14am On Oct 27, 2020
Blackbelly:

grin grin grin

Lol...
Well, let's see how well they do the job they were gotten for in the first place. grin
Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by jidestroud(m): 8:37am On Oct 27, 2020
Do what is needed

Not the best of mornings for me knowing fully well I have to cull one of my Guinea fowl. I had hope things will turn around but it just kept getting worse so I had to put it down.

Two out of the 4 keets had deformed legs from time of purchase. After making my displeasure known to the seller, I decided to let it go since he has proven to be a reliable source.

As they grew, Kojo did outgrow the deformity leaving only Rodriguez which turned worse. I tried using pop on it to straighten it out over time. It worked at a point, but as soon as I removed the binding wires, it went back to normal over the weeks. Nonetheless, it still turned out beautiful Guinea fowl but a crippled one.

After much deliberations with co-owners of my house (wife, pikin & I), we all agreed to put it out of its misery. And that was it, killed & given a proper burial. cry
Well, I made sure Kojo & Sylvester gave their parting cries which lasted about 2 mins before I became a Thanatos to Rodriguez.

3 Likes

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by jidestroud(m): 8:40am On Oct 27, 2020
Now left with Kojo & Sylvester.

1 Like

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by Blackbelly(m): 6:46pm On Oct 27, 2020
jidestroud:
They look so big already. How old are they in this picture? Do you sometimes allow them to roam your environment?
Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by jidestroud(m): 8:41pm On Oct 27, 2020
Blackbelly:

They look so big already. How old are they in this picture? Do you sometimes allow them to roam your environment?
Roam around? Not at all. I'm yet to introduce them into the home garden for their services.
How old? 3 months, a week and some days.

1 Like

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by iamdannyfc(m): 10:53am On Oct 30, 2020
jidestroud:

Roam around? Not at all. I'm yet to introduce them into the home garden for their services.
How old? 3 months, a week and some days.
What service do they render?

1 Like

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by chukskafor(m): 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2020
iamdannyfc:
What service do they render?
Pest control...... oya tell me thank you

2 Likes

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by iamdannyfc(m): 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2020
chukskafor:
Pest control...... oya tell me thank you
Tenkiu cheesy
Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by chukskafor(m): 8:19pm On Oct 30, 2020
iamdannyfc:
Tenkiu cheesy
Welikom
Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by Raspberri: 9:56pm On Oct 30, 2020
I enjoy reading your thread
Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by Sportwin(m): 10:27am On Oct 31, 2020
jidestroud:
Do what is needed

Not the best of mornings for me knowing fully well I have to cull one of my Guinea fowl. I had hope things will turn around but it just kept getting worse so I had to put it down.

Two out of the 4 keets had deformed legs from time of purchase. After making my displeasure known to the seller, I decided to let it go since he has proven to be a reliable source.

As they grew, Kojo did outgrow the deformity leaving only Rodriguez which turned worse. I tried using pop on it to straighten it out over time. It worked at a point, but as soon as I removed the binding wires, it went back to normal over the weeks. Nonetheless, it still turned out beautiful Guinea fowl but a crippled one.

After much deliberations with co-owners of my house (wife, pikin & I), we all agreed to put it out of its misery. And that was it, killed & given a proper burial. cry
Well, I made sure Kojo & Sylvester gave their parting cries which lasted about 2 mins before I became a Thanatos to Rodriguez.

Proper burial
Hope you marinated It well?

1 Like

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by jidestroud(m): 11:57am On Oct 31, 2020
Sportwin:

Proper burial
Hope you marinated It well?
Marin gini? Lol na kill & bury ooo. It couldn't have been eaten at this stage and I wouldn't dare with the way it was looking even if it was.
Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by Sportwin(m): 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2020
jidestroud:

Marin gini? Lol na kill & bury ooo. It couldn't have been eaten at this stage and I wouldn't dare with the way it was looking even if it was.

Where did you get the chicks from
I have tried getting them once couldn't find in Abuja
Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by Sportwin(m): 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2020
jidestroud:

They look big
Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by jidestroud(m): 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2020
Sportwin:

Where did you get the chicks from
I have tried getting them once couldn't find in Abuja
I got them delivered to me from IB.
Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by jidestroud(m): 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2020
Good work guys

Hurray, my guineas are in business grin. This morning was quite eventful thanks to Kojo & Sylvester. They helped convinced my iyawo further why I shouldn't dispose them off despite their noise (my people, the noise no be at all ooooo).

We woke up this morning being the 1st day of the month & also the 1st Sunday as well. It is always the same routine, the noise from kojo & Sylvester filled the whole room; buck-wheat, buck-wheat, buckwheat. . . Oh my God, iyawo screamed. I can't take this anymore Oga Ice-cube (my cat's name). Please go and make them shuuuuuu. Stepping into their confinement, I noticed the noise continued but this time, they were sounding the alarm looking in one direction.
Wetin dey make dis ones dey look DAT corner? I said to myself. On investigation, I saw a small snake trying to make its way out through a small opening.
Wow! It's a snake oooo. I yawo come and see snake ooooo. I screamed. I will catch & keep it.
Guys, if only I could type out the reaction I got from my iyawo ehn...hahahahahaha

Well, to cut the long story short, I tried catching it alive but Kojo ran towards it and pecked it twice as I was trying to guide it into a container which I did eventually. Nonetheless, it died some hours later.

3 Likes

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by Abidecdrock(m): 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2020
Kudos to them. Hope you served them special meal for the task.
Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by IamAsiri: 4:54pm On Nov 01, 2020
Abidecdrock:

Poisonous snake shocked. Thank God they killed it.

1 Like

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by jidestroud(m): 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2020
Abidecdrock:

Lol cheesy. Indeed.
I was a bit scare at first though. I could have sworn Kojo got bitten when he attacked it.
Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by jidestroud(m): 7:22pm On Nov 01, 2020
IamAsiri:

Poisonous snake shocked. Thank God they killed it.

They prevented me from having a snake pet. sad angry
Thank God all the same. cool

1 Like

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by IamAsiri: 8:29pm On Nov 01, 2020
jidestroud:

Lol. You, sir, are very funny grin

1 Like

Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by leksymaxy(m): 11:02am On Nov 02, 2020
jidestroud:

boss pls i need your help, larvae are destroying my plant, pls how can i get Neem oil, boss pls whatsap me on 08105543265, thanks boss, this is my student's project and i want them to get more from it.....kindly treat as urgent my boss
Re: My Guinea Fowls Dairy by Sportwin(m): 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2020
leksymaxy:
boss pls i need your help, larvae are destroying my plant, pls how can i get Neem oil, boss pls whatsap me on 08105543265, thanks boss, this is my student's project and i want them to get more from it.....kindly treat as urgent my boss

Buy guniea fowl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

100% Pure Female Buabo For Sell / Purebred Caucasian Puppies Available / Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.