Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment (17270 Views)

Ruth Ogunleye: COAS Lagbaja Warns Personnel To Desist Making Comments / Nnamdi Kanu’s Family Warns Simon Ekpa To Desist From Using IPOB Leader’s Name / NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by shegsrules(m): 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2020
Timely intervention but the minister and those under him need to work together. Not doing doing one thing and the other another, when Nigerians react then they retract their steps.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by emmy512: 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2020
Nonsense, if they did their job well with all the funds govt gave them and their own IGR they won't need to be doing this nonsense in better country they are supposed to be strong competitors to this private courier services but No they want to remain tax collectors
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by EyezofGod120: 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2020
sad
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by horpeyvictor: 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2020
Thanks for the good move @ Gen. Mohammad Buhari
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by YourhealthNG2(m): 2:51pm On Jul 25, 2020
Nice one
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by DelTel(m): 2:51pm On Jul 25, 2020
When will FG direct FIRS to desist from the rent stamp duty.

The courier services does not need fee increment to encourage SMEs. Meanwhile it will be a big problem later as people's items will be destroyed, pilfered and operator will abscond so regulatory oversight is necessary.
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by BennyDGreat: 2:51pm On Jul 25, 2020
No more anti-people policies!

They need to offer ways out for Nigerians. Reduce taxes, reduce pricing for government owned services.....Nigerians need less pressure during times like this
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by chukwuibuipob: 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2020
sad THIEVES
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by Itisallright: 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2020
Country of lawlessness... everyone decides what he or she likes....who is federal govt telling someone not to increase their charges? when you have fully extorted your own citizens from fuel increment to vat to 6% tax on rent to 40+ % increment in BRT fare and so on.... God is watching us
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by starbuck(f): 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2020
Believe this news at your own detriment
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by BlackDuke(m): 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2020
This Government doesn't have a united front. Everyone just acting anyhow, no co-odination
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by Primus123: 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2020
Nipost still dey exist?

Confused people.
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by Wigetsolar: 3:00pm On Jul 25, 2020
Good one!
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by obonujoker(m): 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2020
Mhen and there are no jobs
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by linearity: 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2020
Holiegrail2:
This had better be true.
It is more like NEPA/PHCN charging us for owning generators.

Shey you have already heard about the tenant and landlord 6% tax?

Bros don't give them ideas.....

1 Like

Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by ednut1(m): 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2020
Holiegrail2:
This had better be true.
It is more like NEPA/PHCN charging us for owning generators.

Shey you have already heard about the tenant and landlord 6% tax?
most Nigerians fall under 0.78% bracket. 6% is for long term lease

Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by Ckmilly22(m): 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2020
UK used laptops is available very clean and affordable https://www.facebook.com/kingsley.nnamdi.104
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by Doyou2019: 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
grin confused pipu sad.is Pata nla the minister not in charge/abi he's not part of FG again undecided? Even the ex mad man in Alausa don increased bus transportation in dis Coro.And one useless thieves like FIRS don tell landlords to dey collect STP duty from tenants grin cheesy sad undecided embarassed.

If Una legs nor stand well for Lagos/Abuja,Go back to your village sad

Definitely leaving for my village this year! Local man can't can any longer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by PiggyvestMoney: 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2020
Scam government backtracking because of the outcry, unfortunate crooks.
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by Slymonster(m): 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2020
They are still going to come back to it. If only Nigerians study this government. You would see that, they always do this, act like they don't know and pause and then quietly come back to the increase price. How do you increase without the government knowing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by bigpicture001: 3:09pm On Jul 25, 2020
Honestly we need very very very violent and relentless national protest in this country........

If it is so planned by any group, evn know I have an iron in my leg... I will be up and joining

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 25, 2020
They should also tell FIRS to desist from stamp duty increments too or is it because na croney get courier business.
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 25, 2020
My brother who is the Federal Government, is NIPOST not federal government, the problem is more than synergy, the increment should have been forwarded to the Ministry in charge for approval but MAYBE the person in NIPOST do not want to acknowledge the superiority of the minister in charge of the ministry especially if the NIPOST person is from the North and minister from South.
fatymore:
Wait fess

I don't understand, is it these people doesn't consult the Fg before saying anything. It seems there is no synergy between the Federal Government and Ministry.

I remember during my time as an Exco in school, before informing the students on anything, we would have deliberated it among ourselves, them the office in charge would disseminate it. (I know it quite different) but at least the Fg should be informed before anything.

Anyhow government
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by paperlord007(m): 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2020
Get 1.3TB of courses that includes Dropshipping, SEO courses and Marketing Course and more.
You can get all these courses at just N1000
You can contact me thorough whatsapp below:

https:///+2348144926508
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by favor914: 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2020
Slymonster:
They are still going to come back to it. If only Nigerians study this government. You would see that, they always do this, act like they don't know and pause and then quietly come back to the increase price. How do you increase without the government knowing.
You know their modus operandi well, international courier is dollar based, Naira is been given a severe beating right now by the almighty greenback, what do they expect the Government should do subsidize their courier mails also because of the depreciation of The Naira?
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by Chirowman(m): 3:22pm On Jul 25, 2020
there was a country
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by favor914: 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2020
bigpicture001:
Honestly we need very very very violent and relentless national protest in this country........

If it is so planned by any group, evn know I have an iron in my leg... I will be up and joining
Fix only one thing “ Electricity” Nigeria will take off, Boko Haram, Kidnapping will cease to exist, The populates will be in Industries manufacturing for export of finished products, but typical of the Congo black man, he must let himself down.
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by SarkinYarki: 3:27pm On Jul 25, 2020
Tinubu elements are behind this attempted extortion
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2020
The FIRS(federal inland revenue service or scheme) is the agency that's forcing most national public agencies to increase revenue for the government in terms of increase in taxes and taxing the people, the FIRS boss is the one doing this things since he promised buhari that he would make sure the FIRS makes more revenue than fowler ever did! And now he's pushing his selfish needs at the detriment of common Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by MalaikaEH(f): 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2020
What were they thinking before the increase? At this Covid19 era, any sensible govt will do all they can to get more investments in haulage and courier service, so that goods can be delivered at people's door steps. This is why the markets are crowded.
Re: FG Orders NIPOST To Desist From Courier License Increment by Uzzih: 3:37pm On Jul 25, 2020
Nipost should explore another strategic ways to regulate the Courier industry.

Meanwhile check my signature if you require professional bike riders and driver's.. Call 09066566941 www.mybusticket.ng

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Benue Villagers Killed, 3 Soldiers Injured In Fresh Attack / Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) / Video, Pictures As Solomon Adeola (Yayi)'s Leads APC Rally In Ogun West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.