Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Recurring Boils On Armpits; What Should Be Done? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Recurring Boils On Armpits; What Should Be Done? (1344 Views)

Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) / Why Do I Keep Getting Boils On My Private Part, Top Reasons / My Uncle Has Large Boils On His Head, Please Save His Health Condition (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recurring Boils On Armpits; What Should Be Done? by JABAIDO(m): 11:30pm On Jul 25, 2020
Hello here. Trust y'all had a great day.
Early June, I noticed the appearance of tiny rashes (or pimples; don't know what to call it) on my chest. I checked in at a chemist's store, who then prescribed Fulcin tablets and a cream to rub on my chest. Prior to the penultimate day (34th day, tho she proferred a month ) of completing my Fulcin tabs dose, a big painful boil emerged on my left armpit (such an eyesore). It was really hurtful that I couldn't position my left arm properly. After some days of constant smearing of shea butter(òrí), it deflated instead of bursting out the pus. I thought it's gone till it surfaced again on my left armpit, near its first arrival. I continued smearing òrí till it reduced again failing to burst out.

Few days after, another emerged on my right armpit and yet another on the upper part of my right arm that contacts with my underarm. These ones are small that one might not apparently see any boil, but could be felt. They are more painful than the previous bigger ones, like what the Yorubas call akérékorò (small but mighty).

It looks like the òrí isn't really effective.

Please, what drugs or ointment can I use to efface them swiftly and effectively?

PS: Right now, a small one has appeared again on my left underarm...
Re: Recurring Boils On Armpits; What Should Be Done? by sodiqapril(m): 11:32pm On Jul 25, 2020
There was a time I had that also..it was painful and frustrating..keep applying Shea butter..it should go if not go to a doctor
Re: Recurring Boils On Armpits; What Should Be Done? by merieam16(f): 11:36pm On Jul 25, 2020
Eat enough fruits nd take plenty of water it will stop
Re: Recurring Boils On Armpits; What Should Be Done? by dawnomike(m): 12:16am On Jul 26, 2020
1) Always use new shaving stick to shave your armpit... If possible use Veet instead of shaving stick

2) After shaving your armpit, resist the urge to scratch it if it gets itchy
Re: Recurring Boils On Armpits; What Should Be Done? by JABAIDO(m): 6:24pm On Jul 28, 2020
dawnomike:
1) Always use new shaving stick to shave your armpit... If possible use Veet instead of shaving stick

2) After shaving your armpit, resist the urge to scratch it if it gets itchy

sodiqapril:
There was a time I had that also..it was painful and frustrating..keep applying Shea butter..it should go if not go to a doctor
merieam16:
Eat enough fruits nd take plenty of water it will stop

Thanks. I really appreciate your inputs. I'm already following all your suggestions.
Also, I got an antibiotic (Fleming) and diclofenac tablets to subside the pains...
Thanks �
Re: Recurring Boils On Armpits; What Should Be Done? by Blessedmum(f): 10:20pm On Feb 18, 2021
JABAIDO:

Thanks. I really appreciate your inputs. I'm already following all your suggestions.
Also, I got an antibiotic (Fleming) and diclofenac tablets to subside the pains...
Thanks �
Did the Fleming and Diclofenac worked? I am currently in pains and tired of applying different things.
Re: Recurring Boils On Armpits; What Should Be Done? by JABAIDO(m): 11:29pm On Feb 18, 2021
Blessedmum:

Did the Fleming and Diclofenac worked? I am currently in pains and tired of applying different things.
Yes ma. The diclofenac tablets aided very well in subduing the pains. Also, applying shea butter (ori) will help the pus in bursting out quicker.
I wish you a speedy relief
Re: Recurring Boils On Armpits; What Should Be Done? by Blessedmum(f): 10:20am On Feb 20, 2021
JABAIDO:

Yes ma. The diclofenac tablets aided very well in subduing the pains. Also, applying shea butter (ori) will help the pus in bursting out quicker.
I wish you a speedy relief
Thanks bro, it finally bursted yesternight. I was applying ori and Penicillin.

(1) (Reply)

She Needs Your Help! / 7 Meal That Help U Sleep! / What TREVO Does In Your Body

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.