|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,801,102 members, 6,695,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 January 2022 at 10:07 PM
Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ / My Apology To The Church Of Christ By Sis Margret Amure / Twitter Freaks Out Over Painting Of Jesus Christ By Nigerian Graduate (photos) (2) (3) (4)
|7 Consequences Of Not Following Christ By PST. Malomo S.O by Malomoonsunday(m): 12:11am On Jul 26, 2020|
Seven consequence of not following Christ
(Prov 8 Vs. 36) "But he who fails to find me harms himself; All those who hate me love death."
Non-followers of Christ are those people who reject the doctrine and teaching of Jesus Christ. Following Christ is costly and humanly impossible. You have to leave your comfort zone and be ready for persecution and rejection- sometimes your popularity, friends, and family will go. Jesus said you must be prepared to carry your cross, but what we have failed to realize is that not following Christ is costlier. I will list only seven of them
1. Lack of peace: John 14 vs. 27 "...my peace I give unto you, not as the world giveth..' Peace of the world is the pursuance of vanity, and it results in an untimely death. That is why Jesus said, 'seek first the kingdom of God.' Isaiah 48 vs. 22, says there is no peace for the wicked. And Psalm 48 vs. 1 said, 'In peace, I will lie down and sleep, for you alone Lord make me feel in safety."
2. Hopelessness: Jer. 29 v 11. "For I know the plan I have for you...to give you hope and future" People without hope are the most miserable. They live a frustrated life. Many of them commit suicide, engage in rituals, fraud, and end their life in jail with sorrow. However, the Christ word of hope to you today is that' No matter what your situation is as at present, there is hope and future for you.
3. No Justification: Rom. 8 vs. 1. " There is, therefore, now, no condemnation to them which are in Christ." God will not weigh your sin against your good deeds as people preach. Isaiah 1 vs. 18 "...though your sins are like scarlet, they will be as white as snow." All God requires from you are sin confession, seeking forgiveness, acceptance of Jesus as your Lord and Savior, repentance, and following Jesus Christ. (John 3:16)
4. Lack of Rest: Matt. 11 vs. 28 "Come unto me all you that are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" accepting God as your lord and savior you rest from all things that torture all believers. You are free from worry, anxiety, village witches and wizards, evil herbalists, and others. Psalm 121 vs. 7, the lord will keep you from all harms..."
5. Life without holy Spirit and His gift: John 14 vs. 16, " I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever." Fake and none committed members of the church run after false prophets because they want to buy the gift of the Holy Spirit with money. All faithful followers of Christ have the Holy Spirit, which guides them successfully in this hostile world.
6. Bad end: Det. 32 vs. 29 "If only they were wise and would understand this, and discern what their end will be." This verse describes the weak intelligence of people who reject Christ as those that do not have the insight to see where they are heading. Any wise man will think about how his last day on earth will be.
7. After death: Think about this: your best friend, your big house, gold, and cars that you have labored for all the days of your life will not enter the grave with you. You need salvation right now. John 3 vs. 36 "...and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life but the wrath of God abideth by him. This is what the end holds
I implore you today to turn towards God and avoid all those seven consequences. I pray God helps and uphold us all. Amen.
|Re: 7 Consequences Of Not Following Christ By PST. Malomo S.O by AntiChristian: 12:38am On Jul 26, 2020|
16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?
17“Why do you ask Me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
18“Which ones?” the man asked. Jesus answered, “‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness,
19honor your father and mother, and love your neighbor as yourself.’"
20“All these I have kept,” said the young man. “What do I still lack?”
21Jesus told him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”
22When the young man heard this, he went away in sorrow, because he had great wealth.
23Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54