Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell (2181 Views)

Don't Take People For Granted Because They Love You Teaching By Bishop T D Jakes / It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire / All Haters Should Proceed To Hell - PA To Pastor David Ibiyieome Address Haters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by michaelwestern(m): 3:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
Conventional sins like; lies, murder, fornication etc do not take people to hell fire. The only sin that takes people to hell is the sin of not accepting the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Every sin, past, present and future has been dealt with by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, once and for all. When you get saved, your salvation is secured by the Holy Spirit and no sin whatsoever can make you lose your salvation and take you to hell fire.

The only way that you can lose your salvation is by rejecting Jesus Christ. Sin can never make you lose your salvation. God has forgiven you of your sins, past present and future

Now does this mean that you should go and live in sin? The Bible said God forbid. There are many negative effects of sin but losing your salvation is not one of them. Consistently living in sin can desensitize you to the things of the spirit to the point that you might actually deny Christ and lose your salvation but individual sins like murder, adultery, fornication can not and will never take anyone to hell or make you lose your salvation . Condemnation when we commit sin is one of the major tools that the devil use to keep us in the bondage of sin. The moment you are accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, sin is no longer a problem between you and God.

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Hebrew 10:14

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:28

Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin. Romans 4:6-8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by Righteousness2(m): 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2022
Bro, Leave Grammar! Sin will take you to Hell.
Not Believing in JESUS Christ is Sin. It will take you to Hell.
Fornication, Adultery, lying , stealing, LGBT, envy, Deceit, Drunkness, malice, Murder, abortion, Abomination of any kind, Witchcraft, etc are all Sins and will take one to Hell.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Repenting of your Sins is the way out. King David who you mentioned was called a Man after GOD'S Heart because he was always asked GOD for Direction and always repented from his sins whenever he went astray.

4 Likes

Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by michaelwestern(m): 4:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
Righteousness2:
[i]Bro, Leave Grammar! Sin will take you to Hell.
Not Believe in JESUS Christ is Sin. It will take you to Hell.

I agree. Which is why I said that the only sin that will take people to hell is not believing in Jesus Christ and the sacrifice He made for sins.

Righteousness2:
fornication, Adultery, lying , stealing, LGBT, envy, Deceit, Drunkness, malice, Murder, abortion, Abomination of any kind, Witchcraft, etc are all Sins and will take one to Hell.

They are sins, but Jesus Christ already paid the price for all of them.

Righteousness2:

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

I agree with the passage but it only applies to people who have not accepted the forgiveness for those sins. Like I said earlier, Jesus Christ already paid the price for all those sins, so the only condition under which any of those things will take anybody to hell fire is if they don't accept the forgiveness for the sins, then it can take them to hell fire. But once you get born again then those sins can't take you to hellfire. All your sins have been forgiven past, present and future. All you have to do is believe and receive the forgiveness for all those sins.
Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by Righteousness2(m): 5:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
michaelwestern:

I agree. Which is why I said that the only sin that will take people to hell is not believing in Jesus Christ and the sacrifice He made for sins.

They are sins, but Jesus Christ already paid the price for all of them.

I agree with the passage but it only applies to people who have not accepted the forgiveness for those sins. Like I said earlier, Jesus Christ already paid the price for all those sins, so the only condition under which any of those things will take anybody to hell fire is if they don't accept the forgiveness for the sins, then it can take them to hell fire. But once you get born again then those sins can't take you to hellfire. All your sins have been forgiven past, present and future. All you have to do is believe and receive the forgiveness for all those sins.

JESUS Christ has Paid the Price for the redemption of Man but Man Must Subscribe to the Price that was paid.

Man has a Part to Play. JESUS paid the Price but HE will not Force to Believe. HE tells you what to do and gives you the Freedom of Choice to choose.

For Man to be Saved, He Must Subscribe to JESUS Christ and Live according to HIS Command.
Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by michaelwestern(m): 5:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
Righteousness2:

JESUS Christ has Paid the Price for the redemption of Man but Man Must Subscribe to the Price that was paid.

Man has a Part to Play. JESUS paid the Prive but HE will not Force to Believe. HE tells you what to do and gives you the Freedom of Choice to choose.

For Man to be Saved, He Must Subscribe to JESUS Christ and Live according to HIS Command.

I agree that after you get saved it is beneficial to live according to the commandments of God. But the way you do this is by fellowshipping with God, studying the word of God and allowing God to change your life, not by thinking that God is angry with you or condemning you anytime you commit sin, this belief puts Christians in bondage. As a Christian the ultimate goal of our life is to be in a state of perfect Communion with God, so I am not advocating that Christians should live in sin, but my point is that sin can not make you lose your salvation

You can either make heaven by grace or by works but it can never be by grace plus works because that implies that Grace is not enough and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ is more than enough. Also believe me, if it is by works then nobody is going to heaven.

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. Romans 11:6

2 Likes

Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 6:00pm On Mar 10, 2022
michaelwestern:

I agree that after you get saved it is beneficial to live according to the commandments of God. But the way you do this is by fellowshipping with God, studying the word of God and allowing God to change your life, not by thinking that God is angry with you or condemning you anytime you commit sin, this belief puts Christians in bondage. As a Christian the ultimate goal of our life is to be in a state of perfect Communion with God, so I am not advocating that Christians should live in sin, but my point is that sin can not make you lose your salvation

You can either make heaven by grace or by works but it can never be by grace plus works because that implies that Grace is not enough and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ is more than enough. Also believe me, if it is by works then nobody is going to heaven.

If one has to "to live according to the commandments of God", then certainly, he would be Working!

And if Working, then he definitely has and enjoys God's Support.

And if a person has God's Support, definitely such person has Grace!

And therefore, Grace and Works, do perfectly work together.

1 Like

Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 6:04pm On Mar 10, 2022
michaelwestern:
Conventional sins like; lies, murder, fornication etc do not take people to hell fire.

This is not True! Ananias and Sapphire, Lied and thought to Deceive.

I Corinthians 5:1 was about fornication.

And surely, we know where they shall land.
Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by paxonel(m): 6:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
Actually, sin do take people to hell.

But the question is, WHO IS A SINNER AND WHO IS RIGHTEOUS?

No believer is a sinner no matter his sin.

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by petra1(m): 6:07pm On Mar 10, 2022
Interesting topic.

1 Like

Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by michaelwestern(m): 6:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

This is not True! Ananias and Sapphire, Lied and thought to Deceive.

I Corinthians 5:1 was about fornication.

And surely, we know where they shall land.

How do you know that they were really born again?

And how do you know where they will end up?

And you're totally missing my point, sin has negative consequences on earth. For example, if you commit fornication, you can contact an STD that can kill you but it doesn't mean that you won't go to heaven. That's my point.
Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by michaelwestern(m): 6:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
paxonel:
Actually, sin do take people to hell.

But the question is, WHO IS A SINNER AND WHO IS RIGHTEOUS?

No believer is a sinner no matter his sin.

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Please read the OP again
Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by Image123(m): 6:21pm On Mar 10, 2022
Sensationalism like this only excites unserious people. Sin is very serious and will get anyone separate from God even if you are Jesus Christ. Talk straight and get sinners saved. Evangelism is not comedy or game.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by michaelwestern(m): 6:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

If one has to "to live according to the commandments of God", then certainly, he would be Working!

And if Working, then he definitely has and enjoys God's Support.

And if a person has God's Support, definitely such person has Grace!

And therefore, Grace and Works, do perfectly work together.

I did not say that one has to live according to commandments to be accepted by God or to go to heaven. I said that it was beneficial to do so, there's a big difference between the two.

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. Romans 10:4

This means that the works of the law can't make you righteous or holy and since without holiness no man can see God, this means that the works of the law cannot make you see God

however, there are a lot of advantages to living according to the commandments of God. It helps you to avoid a lot of unnecessary stress and problems in life and it generally helps you to live a peaceful life as a Christian. But it does not qualify you for heaven.
Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by Righteousness2(m): 6:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
michaelwestern:

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. Romans 11:6

Bro! Heaven is not by luck or Chance! Don't let this compromise grace message being put around Deceive you. Grace is not a License to Sin.
Romans 6:1 says will you remain in sin that grace may abound ? GOD Forbid.

Heaven is a Prepared place for Prepared People. There is a path to Heaven! There is also a Path to Hell!

The Bible calls the Path to Heaven a Narrow way and calls the Path to Hell a Broadway.
The Path to Heaven is too Narrow to contain sin.

Don't joke with Sin!
Don't play sin!
What you do with sin is to repent from it and ask JESUS to wash and Clean you up.

The Grace of GOD is what Helps us to do away and stay away from sin. The Grace of GOD is not ticket for you to sin.

GOD is Holy! HIS eyes are too Pure to behold Iniquity.Heaven is Holy!

Don't Deceive yourself with Sin and say You in Grace! You are Decieving yourself ooo!

Strive towards Holiness and Purity! Ask GOD to Help you! Give yourself to the Word of GOD. The More you give yourself to GOD and HIS Word, the More Grace you receive! It is not by power!

A Word is enough for the wise!

1 Like

Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by michaelwestern(m): 6:40pm On Mar 10, 2022
Righteousness2:

Bro! Heaven is not by luck or Chance! Don't let this compromise grace message being put around Deceive you. Grace is not a License to Sin.
Romans 6:1 says will you remain in sin that grace may abound ? GOD Forbid.

Heaven is a Prepared place for Prepared People. There is a path to Heaven! There is also a Path to Hell!

The Bible calls the Path to Heaven a Narrow way and calls the Path to Hell a Broadway.
The Path to Heaven is too Narrow to contain sin.

Don't joke with Sin!
Don't play sin!
What you do with sin is to repent from it and ask JESUS to wash and Clean you up.

The Grace of GOD is what Helps us to do away and stay away from sin. The Grace of GOD is not ticket for you to sin.

GOD is Holy! HIS eyes are too Pure to behold Iniquity.Heaven is Holy!

Don't Deceive yourself with Sin and say You in Grace! You are Decieving yourself ooo!

Strive towards Holiness and Purity! Ask GOD to Help you! Give yourself to the Word of GOD. The More you give yourself to GOD and HIS Word, the More Grace you receive! It is not by power!

A Word is enough for the wise!

My question to you that is supposedly not joking with sin is that are you holy?

If your answer is yes, then good for you.

But if it's no, then have you are accepted that you are most likely going to hell fire? Or is it just a game of chance to you? If rapture meets you in a holy state you go to heaven and if not you're going to hell fire. Is that the fate that you've accepted for yourself?
Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by michaelwestern(m): 6:53pm On Mar 10, 2022
Image123:
Sensationalism like this only excites unserious people. Sin is very serious and will get anyone separate from God even if you are Jesus Christ. Talk straight and get sinners saved. Evangelism is not comedy or game.

The Gospel is supposed to excite you. Do you know the meaning of the word, Gospel? It means good news. If somebody gives you good news shouldn't you be excited. If the "gospel" you received didn't excite you then it's not the true gospel.

Now, sin does separate man from God but Jesus Christ has paid the price for sin. So sin is no longer an issue between a born again Christian and God.
Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by Image123(m): 7:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
michaelwestern:

The Gospel is supposed to excite you. Do you know the meaning of the word, Gospel? It means good news. If somebody gives you good news shouldn't you be excited. If the "gospel" you received didn't excite you then it's not the true gospel.

Now, sin does separate man from God but Jesus Christ has paid the price for sin. So sin is no longer an issue between a born again Christian and God.

Tell that to Demas, Judas, Ananias or Sapphira.

2 Likes

Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by michaelwestern(m): 7:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
Image123:

Tell that to Demas, Judas, Ananias or Sapphira.

I don't know why you're mentioning Demas, the bible didnt even say that he left Christ, he only abandoned Paul because he probably wanted some "earthly comfort". That may have been wrong but I don't even think that it's a sin because he didn't abandon Christ. Or do you follow your pastor to every where he goes? Or have you seen Demas in hell?

Judas also never got born again. Do you know what it means to be a born again Christian?

The Bible said, "a certain man named Ananias". I don't think you know the difference between going to church and becoming born again.

1 Like

Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by Image123(m): 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
michaelwestern:

I don't know why you're mentioning Demas, the bible didnt even say that he left Christ, he only abandoned Paul because he probably wanted some "earthly comfort". That may have been wrong but I don't even think that it's a sin because he didn't abandon Christ. Or do you follow your pastor to every where he goes? Or have you seen Demas in hell?

Judas also never got born again. Do you know what it means to be a born again Christian?

The Bible said, "a certain man named Ananias". I don't think you know the difference between going to church and becoming born again.

So the Bible doesn't say but you somehow affirmatively say what you think as what he did/didn't. Toh.
We're talking about sin, you want to engage in vain word jangling about "born again". Sorry i hardly spend that much time these days to be so entertained. Maybe the people you saw in hell would rather they had fled from sin or engage in rhymes about "born again".
It was quite funny but pathetic you refer to Ananias family as some random folk. Guess it's because they were the casualty there. If you had read from v32 and other verses, you'd know the multitude of them that believed was being referred to. BTW, Aquila and Apollos also have that introduction tag so perhaps they are just church goers too. Is that the way your church burys random people without even consulting their families or how they sell their propertys. Brother, listen to Bible, IF you sin and don't repent, judgment awaits you even if you are Jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 8:53pm On Mar 10, 2022
michaelwestern:

I did not say that one has to live according to commandments to be accepted by God or to go to heaven. I said that it was beneficial to do so, there's a big difference between the two.

You not what you say!

isn't Eternal Life part of the benefits of living according to the Commandments?

Note! This is a Trap question.

michaelwestern:

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.Romans 10:4

Do you know that Paul was a Lawyer?

And do you know that "End" in Law means Destination or Goal?

In this light that Paul was a Lawyer, and all he wrote was "A Law Document" requiring A Lawyer's Interpretation as Peter warned you people in 2 Peter 3:16,
Re-interprete what it says.

Many of your kind came here with this error and none of them could back it up.
Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 9:04pm On Mar 10, 2022
michaelwestern:

How do you know that they were really born again?

You did not say "born again' when you said "...lies, murder, fornication etc do not take people to hell fire."

So this is A CHANGE OF POST!

michaelwestern:

And how do you know where they will end up?

After Peter's declaration that they sinned against The Holy Spirit and they immediately died! grin

Please, do not ridicule yourself. Take correction, for you are Wrong.
As you can see, you can not reasonably and validly defend your opinions, as others before you who thought and said these same things but they all Fell!

michaelwestern:

And you're totally missing my point, sin has negative consequences on earth. For example, if you commit fornication, you can contact an STD that can kill you but it doesn't mean that you won't go to heaven. That's my point.

You know not what you say.
Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by michaelwestern(m): 9:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You not what you say!

isn't Eternal Life part of the benefits of living according to the Commandments?

Note! This is a Trap question.

No it's not. living according to the commandments will not and can never give you eternal life. It's only believing in Jesus Christ and accepting His sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins that will give you eternal life. Obeying the commandments of God is a response to the love that He has shown for you by forgiving you of all your sins through the death of Jesus Christ.

Dtruthspeaker:

Do you know that Paul was a Lawyer?

And do you know that "End" in Law means Destination or Goal?

In this light that Paul was a Lawyer, and all he wrote was "A Law Document" requiring A Lawyer's Interpretation as Peter warned you people in 2 Peter 3:16,
Re-interprete what it says.

Many of your kind came here with this error and none of them could back it up.

What do you mean by this? Are you saying that only lawyers (theologians) can interpret the word of God? The Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit and therefore it's only the Holy spirit that can help to interpret the Bible and not Bible colleges or whatever and to be honest I don't think I really know what you're talking about.

1 Like

Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by michaelwestern(m): 9:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You did not say "born again' when you said "...lies, murder, fornication etc do not take people to hell fire."

So this is A CHANGE OF POST!

I guess you have to read the OP again

The only sin that takes people to hell is the sin of not accepting the sacrifice of Jesus Christ

That's a quote from the OP. Or what does getting born again mean? Is it not responding to the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and accepting him as your Lord and saviour? Re-read it again, it's clear from the post that only born again Christians are going to heaven. I guess you didn't understand the essence of the post. The main point of the Post is that when a born again Christian commits sin, it does not make him lose his salvation and it does not and cannot take him to hellfire.

Dtruthspeaker:

After Peter's declaration that they sinned against The Holy Spirit and they immediately died! grin

Please, do not ridicule yourself. Take correction, for you are Wrong.
As you can see, you can not reasonably and validly defend your opinions, as others before you who thought and said these same things but they all Fell!

You know not what you say.

You're still yet to show me that they were born again Christians. Let's start from there, before moving to the issue of whether they're in hell or heaven.
Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 9:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
michaelwestern:

[b]No[\b] it's not. living according to the commandments will not and can never give you eternal life.

So, Noah, Job and Daniel who earned God's praise will not get eternal life? (Obviously, you did not know that God Honoured these men)

As I said, you do not know what you say.

michaelwestern:

What do you mean by this? Are you saying that only lawyers (theologians) can interpret the word of God?

Nope!

"Paul's Writings are Law Documents with Lawyers not theologians being the only ones who can give you the proper Interpretation of all he wrote.

Which is where you people make the errors. "End" in English means finished or terminated. In Law, it means "Destination" or "Goal" or "Purpose".

Same for "Without The Law", "not The Law", "By Law" etc

Paul's Writings can only be properly interpreted by Lawyers.

And the purport of all he said is Romans 8: 4 "That The Righteousness (bet you do not know that "Righteousness" means "Right Fullness" ) OF THE LAW MIGHT be fulfilled in us"!

So as you see, you have too many 'dont knows"
Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 9:52pm On Mar 10, 2022
michaelwestern:

I guess you have to read the OP again

The only sin that takes people to hell is the sin of not accepting the sacrifice of Jesus Christ...

...Is it not responding to the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and accepting him as your Lord and saviour?

When did people attain the meaning "born again"?

Have the people responded and accepted at this time?

michaelwestern:

You're still yet to show me that they were born again Christians. Let's start from there, before moving to the issue of whether they're in hell or heaven.

Do you know what CHANGE OF POST means?

It clearly means you have crashed into the bush as you were travelling.
Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by Steep: 11:24pm On Mar 10, 2022
michaelwestern:

No it's not. living according to the commandments will not and can never give you eternal life. It's only believing in Jesus Christ and accepting His sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins that will give you eternal life. Obeying the commandments of God is a response to the love that He has shown for you by forgiving you of all your sins through the death of Jesus Christ.

What do you mean by this? Are you saying that only lawyers (theologians) can interpret the word of God? The Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit and therefore it's only the Holy spirit that can help to interpret the Bible and not Bible colleges or whatever and to be honest I don't think I really know what you're talking about.

you are correct. We receive salvation by faith in Jesus.
Keeping his commandment is in response to his love.

The Christian life is, we live in righteousness because we have being made right. We don't live a righteous life to be righteous but we live a righteous life because we are righteous, we live a holy life because we are holy people.
We live by faith not by work, by faith of what we recieved in christ not by self merit.

Many people don't understand, we do works yes, the bible said we are created for good works, but we do good works because it is our spiritual nature.

Righteousness and holiness is already the spiritual nature of a Christian, failure to know and walk in this lead Christian to start walking in the flesh.
Hence we are like the good tree that produce good fruit. If you want good fruit plant a good tree, this is the Gospel.
God planted a good seed (save us by the washing of regeneration) so we produce good fruit (righteousness).
Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by Steep: 11:34pm On Mar 10, 2022
Righteousness2:

Man has a Part to Play. JESUS paid the Prive but HE will not Force to Believe. HE tells you what to do and gives you the Freedom of Choice to choose.

what do you mean subscribe, Jesus is not go TV of dstv.

The only part man play is to believe in Jesus because Jesus has paid all.

Repentance means for man to turn away from his ways and accept God's way.
God's way is actually faith in Jesus.
Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by paxonel(m): 1:50am On Mar 11, 2022
michaelwestern:

Please read the OP again
the op is absolutely correct.
It is saying the truth putting it in a different dimension from what i posted.

Conventional sins don't take people to hell, only the sin of not accepting Christ do.
That also implies that anyone who has accepted Christ can never be classified as a sinner in God's standpoint of view, no matter what he has done
Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by Davenks: 5:14am On Mar 11, 2022
Dear OP, hold on to what you have learned so far, but stop arguing with fools. The only thing you got wrong here is that one can lose their salvation. A believer cannot lose his salvation. He promised us eternal life. You cannot reject Jesus Christ after salvation as you are bone of His bone and flesh of His flesh. Will you pluck out your eyes because it refused to shed tears? Will you chop off your arm because it refused to be part of your body? We are the body of Christ. You can’t lose your salvation but you could lose your rewards at the judgement seat of Christ (1 Cor. 3:9-15; 2 Cor. 5:10-11; Rom. 14:10), or your right to rule and reign with Him at His millennial reign (2 Tim. 2:11-13; Rom. 8:14-16…”and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.” So the condition of earning rewards is suffering. Putting down your flesh from sinning is part of suffering. Living a holy Christian life, studying your Bible every day are part of suffering as they wear the flesh out.

1 John 5:12-13 “He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”

Thank God for the blood of Jesus Christ. A believer is simply a saved sinner.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by michaelwestern(m): 5:32am On Mar 11, 2022
Steep:
you are correct. We receive salvation by faith in Jesus.
Keeping his commandment is in response to his love.

The Christian life is, we live in righteousness because we have being made right. We don't live a righteous life to be righteous but we live a righteous life because we are righteous, we live a holy life because we are holy people.
We live by faith not by work, by faith of what we recieved in christ not by self merit.

Many people don't understand, we do works yes, the bible said we are created for good works, but we do good works because it is our spiritual nature.

Righteousness and holiness is already the spiritual nature of a Christian, failure to know and walk in this lead Christian to start walking in the flesh.
Hence we are like the good tree that produce good fruit. If you want good fruit plant a good tree, this is the Gospel.
God planted a good seed (save us by the washing of regeneration) so we produce good fruit (righteousness).

I totally agree with this, you even explained it better.
Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by michaelwestern(m): 5:39am On Mar 11, 2022
paxonel:
the op is absolutely correct.
It is saying the truth putting it in a different dimension from what i posted.

Conventional sins don't take people to hell, only the sin of not accepting Christ do.
That also implies that anyone who has accepted Christ can never be classified as a sinner in God's standpoint of view, no matter what he has done

This is the true gospel, because it is good news. We can now relate to God without the condemnation of sin by accepting Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for the forgiveness of sin. What most people teach as the gospel is no where close to being good news. God bless you brother.

1 Like

Re: Sin Doesn't Take People To Hell by michaelwestern(m): 6:06am On Mar 11, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

When did people attain the meaning "born again"?

Have the people responded and accepted at this time?

I really don't know why it's difficult for you to understand the OP, it should be pretty straight forward for someone like you claiming to be a "lawyer", whatever that means.

People mean the whole world, saved and unsaved. Jesus Christ died for the sins of the whole world. However you have to believe in Jesus Christ to be able to partake in His sacrifice and receive the forgiveness of sins.

The OP is simply saying that, the people that receive Jesus Christ have all their sins forgiven, past, present and future sins and individual acts of sins like lying or stealing can not take them to hell.

I truly don't know why you're not getting my point. It's still understandable not to agree with what I'm saying but the fact that you don't even understand the point I'm trying to make is baffling to me. Maybe you should read the OP again. You've left the essence of the post and you're grasping at straws. Most of your questions have nothing to do with my post.

Dtruthspeaker:
Do you know what CHANGE OF POST means?

It clearly means you have crashed into the bush as you were travelling.

I don't get this. Try to indicate exactly what you mean, I don't like making unnecessary assumptions.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Get To Heaven? / The Internet: Where Religions Come To Die / SERMON JOTTERS: The Dress For God's Chosen One-nbc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.