Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,200 members, 7,953,742 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:24 AM

Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online (9351 Views)

Reasons Why Employers Tend To Adopt Age Limitation On Most Jobs / Employers Should Read This / 5 Proven Reasons Why Employers Are Rejecting Your CV Without Even Reading It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 09, 2021
Not in Nigeria because some Nigerians cannot defending their result when comes to practical if you know you know
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by Jayrow08: 1:39pm On Jul 09, 2021
Gho7atan:
If interview venue is too fare. And you don't have t.fare money

Then sit at home and continue your suffering

Nonsense
Get tat
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 09, 2021
Onyi22:
I don't know who needs to hear this but I've come to the conclusion that Nigerian Men /guys are Useless.. I mean all of Them
like your father
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by Simpubozz(m): 1:47pm On Jul 09, 2021
datola:
How do you determine the body odour language of the applicant?

We all should have interviewed Buhari one on one to know his body language before voting for him.
Wtf is body language.. mtcheew okoto Nonsense talk
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by Hassanmaye(m): 1:48pm On Jul 09, 2021
Pavillon:
I think it's time employer adopt online method for interviewing job applicants. There are different video messaging platforms that can help in this era. Firstly,to reduce the spread of this pandemic, most meetings and even more important official events are now held online. I see no reason why these companies cannot adopt this method
And most importantly, the recent hike of Tfare in Lagos is crazy. Imagine spending 3-4k from mainland all the way to a coy on the island only for you to hear we'll get back to you.. The same thing I will say in physical is what I will also say online during the video call. Pls dear employers let's help ourselves

Take for example this my guy below.

I don't think they've replied him until now. He's just a fresh graduate, managing the money he saved from his alawee, imagine now spending everything on transportation. Let's fear God naaaa
Thank you sir may God save us in this country
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by Simpubozz(m): 1:50pm On Jul 09, 2021
Gho7atan:

Nonsense
Werey, it’s either u just want attention or just wanna talk like a f00l
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by Simpubozz(m): 1:54pm On Jul 09, 2021
Nigeria HRs are daft jare

3 Likes

Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by MichaelsHope(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Do people still do interviews at physical locations?

I was invited for an interview. I was not picked thereafter. Though, I think my performance was not that fine. Before the physical interview, I was interviewed via phone call.

I am based in Akure, though the address on my CV says Lagos. I spent about 15K including booking hotel room for just night.

Some weeks ago, I had another interview online. That was in May. I didn't hear anything from them, till now. I mailed them last week. I was told that I will be contacted for another physical interview in Lagos.

I don't know how to go about it when the invitation comes, but I will try. I am more than broke.

I agree with you that online interview is better.

1 Like

Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by MichaelsHope(m): 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2021
I was invited for an interview. I was not picked thereafter. Though, I think my performance was not that fine. Before the physical interview, I was interviewed via phone call. I am based in Akure, though the address on my CV says Lagos. I spent about 15K including booking hotel room for just night. Some weeks ago, I had another interview online. That was in May. I didn't hear anything from them, till now. I mailed them last week. I was told that I will be contacted for another physical interview in Lagos. I don't know how to go about it when the invitation comes, but I will try. I am more than broke. I agree with you that online interview is better.
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by Ricardokaka7: 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2021
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by Ikea81: 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2021
I totally agree with you. Just concluded an interview process that required 3 physical interviews. Though I got the job and currently negotiating offer with them. I will never attend any physical interview again if it's not for the final stage. It was a really stressful experience for me.

1 Like

Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by ihemyoro(m): 2:19pm On Jul 09, 2021
This write up is timely. Someone looking for job should not be subjected to spending for what he is not sure of. Imagine! I had traveled from ph to Abuja, pH to Lagos severally, Lekki to ph for jobs I was never called though I was quite qualified. It's very painful. Online interview is highly recommended. One should only be invited when the chances of being employed is close to one.

3 Likes

Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by Dianeetdiana(f): 2:30pm On Jul 09, 2021
Onyi22:
I don't know who needs to hear this but I've come to the conclusion that Nigerian Men /guys are Useless.. I mean all of Them

Lol. not all shall but does on nairaland lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 09, 2021
Onyi22:
Your conclusion is based on a faulty premise.
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by Springboot: 3:19pm On Jul 09, 2021
lonelydora:
In saner clime, Yes. But, Nigerian HRMs assume themselves to be demi-gods, and they misbehave a lot. They will even tell you to forget about it if you can't make it

Nigerian HRMs should learn to put back the "Human" in Human Resources.

There's no such thing as saner clime her, even in Canada or US, except it's a remote job, software engineers must be present physically for interviews as it's not only oral.
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by Brunicekid(m): 3:37pm On Jul 09, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:
In Nigeria, your interviewer is not concerned about your brain.

They want to see other things like your booty, boobs, figure, height, lips, chest/pacs, muscles, your mannerisms etc to help them decide if they can sleep with you later or if you will compete with them in the office for the opposite sex.

I didn't want to comment initially, but all these points you stated here cannot be generalized for all employers!!
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by Joyousjoe: 3:55pm On Jul 09, 2021
I have turndown two interview invite in Lagos because they refused arranging for an online interview. I can't imagine travelling from Akwa Ibom to Lagos for a job I'm not sure of.
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by pacespot(m): 4:51pm On Jul 09, 2021
Nice talk, white people will easily interview you on Skype or zoom, even a phone call interview is enough for some of them. The fact is Nigerian employers also look out for something else in their intending candidates asides the normal job qualifications, some of them might want to access you for a job based on your financial status, location and other personal things. We have a long way to go in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by sanyahkod(m): 4:54pm On Jul 09, 2021
Good companies will give transport allowances immediately after the interview which would be enough to cover your transport fare and feeding for the day. I have benefitted from such. However, some just don't have human feelings.

1 Like

Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by seyz91(m): 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2021
You got it
BuyAndSellStuff:

They want to see other things like your booty, boobs, figure, height, lips, chest/pacs, muscles, your mannerisms etc to help them decide if they can sleep with you later or if you will compete with them in the office for the opposite sex.

Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by edoairways: 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:

That is not true
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by edoairways: 5:08pm On Jul 09, 2021
sanyahkod:
Good companies will give transport allowances immediately after the interview which would be enough to cover your transport fare and feeding for the day. I have benefitted from such. However, some just don't have human feelings.
Some employees will never appreciate this gesture
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by edoairways: 5:10pm On Jul 09, 2021
Springboot:

There's no such thing as saner clime her, even in Canada or US, except it's a remote job, software engineers must be present physically for interviews as it's not only oral.
Saner clime may not necessary be Canada or US.

1 Like

Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by MeghaneMorgane(f): 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
I don't even attend physical interviews. If a company in Japan will interview me online why should a company in Lagos stress me to come to their office when it's not as if they will pay my transport.
Abi oo. I support online interview

1 Like

Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by Badfinga: 7:26pm On Jul 09, 2021
I recently rejected one. Did some interviews on online, and then telling me to come to Lagos for physical interview again.
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by oluwafemiabioye(f): 9:04pm On Jul 09, 2021
Raychee:

Stop giving that one attention. She's obviously craving it

Sorry to interject into the matter, perhaps she needs someone to talk to. She might have being severely hurt by someone, but am not justifying her actions anyway. But I can just imagine what could have brought her to such a low point in her life.
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by oluwafemiabioye(f): 9:05pm On Jul 09, 2021
Raychee:

Stop giving that one attention. She's obviously craving it

Sorry to interject into the matter, perhaps she needs someone to talk to. She might have being severely hurt by someone, but am not justifying her actions anyway. But I can just imagine what could have brought her to such a low point in her life, people are going through a lot from their fellow humans. I wish her peace
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by anthonyuncle(m): 10:42pm On Jul 09, 2021
Gho7atan:

Nonsense

it is this your grammar that needs to sit at home
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by Raychee(f): 10:50pm On Jul 09, 2021
oluwafemiabioye:

Sorry to interject into the matter, perhaps she needs someone to talk to. She might have being severely hurt by someone, but am not justifying her actions anyway. But I can just imagine what could have brought her to such a low point in her life, people are going through a lot from their fellow humans. I wish her peace

It doesn't make any sense to start typing men are useless all over every single thread she comments on. If it isn't attention seeking i don't know what that is.
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by Gfskw: 11:32pm On Jul 09, 2021
Ok
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by seguntijan(m): 11:34pm On Jul 09, 2021
snowland:
Makes sense
Re: Why Employers Should Interview Applicants Online by majorbravo: 6:58am On Jul 10, 2021
Online is better

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Food Safety Service / Pricewaterhousecooper (pwc) Job Recruitment (10 Positions) / CBN Recruitment 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.