Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? (24976 Views)

My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me / Single Nigerian Ladies In Diaspora, Any Reason Why You Turn Down Our Guys? / Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by ABFC(m): 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2020
Bro. This depend on the kind of food...eat otherwise in a hotel, restaurant. when she serves The food just ignore it on the table and go to bed. When she ask you just tell her you lost appetite.. Or you were chating on phone you forgot your food nd dosed off.. But deep inside you were'nt ready for tetracycline, flygyl or andrew liver salt.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Badgers14: 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
bukatyne:

Hmmmmmm.

Teachability.

That's what I do cool
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 26, 2020
Na by force to eat food ni? I'll simply tell her I've already eaten outside or I don't have appetite.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by bigcee(m): 2:47pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:
I have cause to visit Lagos in order to secure the bail of a younger one who got into trouble. My cousin who stays in Lagos insisted I stay with him. He has a wife and 3 kids.

The problem now is that I don't think his wife knows how to cook!! I have had running stomach eating her food since 4 days ago. I tried to turn down her food last night but it didn't go well as she pleaded with me to eat which I did. I had stomach upset through out the night. I just can't imagine eating her food again till I leave.

Please how do I refuse her food without sounding offensive??
Lwkmd grin baba carry ur cross grin

Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by mamotalk: 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
go your house na
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
Some people don't know how to cook.
They can't fry oil.
The add water first to a pot that nothing gets done before they serve it.
Chai..
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
Always come with your own food for her to see.

Yoruba people say, won jeun lori moyo...somebody should help me with this interpretation
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by sonofthunder: 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:
I have cause to visit Lagos in order to secure the bail of a younger one who got into trouble. My cousin who stays in Lagos insisted I stay with him. He has a wife and 3 kids.

The problem now is that I don't think his wife knows how to cook!! I have had running stomach eating her food since 4 days ago. I tried to turn down her food last night but it didn't go well as she pleaded with me to eat which I did. I had stomach upset through out the night. I just can't imagine eating her food again till I leave.

Is it that the food is not sweet, you are allergic to the food or you are being served leftover food that was poorly preserved? I'm guessing you eat same meal with other occupants of said house.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by jaxxy(m): 2:52pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:

I usually don’t care how u feel if I don’t like ur food I won’t eat it and that’s it. I’m that sensitive bt if circumstances warrant me hiding my actual feelings or actions I will take the food go to my room or anywhere else and throw it away. End of story. If not I will just have to offend u. Sorry
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by pocohantas(f): 2:52pm On Jul 26, 2020
RonaldoVido:
Some people don't know how to cook.

They can't fry oil.
The add water first to a pot that nothing gets done before they serve it. Chai..

These ones are the worst. I went to my uncle’s place the other day and his wife served me rice and stew. The tomatoes was separating from water and oil. I can manage a bad soup, but never a bad stew.

@Sermwell, maybe it is the seasoning. Too much or just too different from what you are used to. Very spicy (peppery) food too could cause purging.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by CsRockefeller(m): 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2020
grin

That's how I once went for a visit at an uncle's place one fateful Sunday. His wife just pack d whole pot of porridge beans give me, I chop am finish.

The woman shock o shocked she come tell me say her hubby no wan chop because e no sweet, I just smile, d woman no know say my tummy dey chop any rubbish.

Sweet or not sweet, tasty or not tasty I eat everything. After all, I've been cooking rubbish and I gladly eat the rubbish. cool

1 Like

Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Komu1048(m): 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2020
The food you ate might not be due to her method of cooking but perhaps the food is poison. We all heard the diff method many foods are preserved, if they are stored food esp beans, flours, rice etc are being poisoned in the name preservation
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Bapy(m): 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2020
frozen70:

You don't really need to refuse her food

Just get tetracycline and flagyl on hand, once you eat you taje your drugs
Drugs are not chocolates!!!!You didn't even think of the side effects of taking those drugs regularly haba.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by mcdokwe(m): 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2020
She might not be a bad cook after all, maybe she cooks something different from what your system is used to. But you can actually tell her you're on a diet and don't eat much or everything.

Goodluck
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Iceberg3: 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:

Don't try it..
Get Andrew liver salt. Take it after eating.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Nitah1: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:

Diplomatically ask her whether she uses maggi for the soup and that the doctor asked you not to beat maggi for a year....even pepper... plead with her not to b offended.

Let her know that this happened after she first gv you food....
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by DavidEsq(m): 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:

food wey dey purge my belle??
grin grin grin grin grin grin. Manage it jor. It's not everyone who has the opportunity to purge like u. Abi u no know say na who chop dey purge? angry grin angry grin
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Futuragetty: 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2020
it happened to me during my law school days at lagos. back then, I noticed that it wasn't the food caused my frequent stomach upsets but the water used in preparing the food.

rejecting her food doesn't pass the good message at all. You better louge in a hotel and eat out than staying there and eating out. grin
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by pocohantas(f): 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
CsRockefeller:
grin

That's how I once went for a visit at an uncle's place one fateful Sunday. His wife just pack d whole pot of porridge beans give me, I chop am finish.

The woman shock o shocked she come tell me say her hubby no wan chop because e no sweet, I just smile, d woman no know say my tummy dey chop any rubbish.

Sweet or not sweet, tasty or not tasty I eat everything. After all, I've been cooking rubbish and I gladly eat the rubbish. cool

But when are you going to improve, nwokem?

cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Kvng6464: 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
tell her see i don't lyk eating all this food u guys are eating oo, i prefer drinking garri or bread and tea grin
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Brightgem(f): 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2020
How does her inability to cook well cause running stomach. Is it bad food you are served? Anyways those saying to keep eating don't know what they are saying. Claim you are fasting or go eat out and bring them food.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by walexy06(m): 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2020
My gf say make I no dey Chop for outside.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Karlifate: 3:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
Tell your cousin.
Must you endanger your health to please his wife's meals?
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by chatinent: 3:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
I think it's not her cooking that's causing this, it's your socio-cultural mentality. The food is purging only you (not even her husband), didn't you notice? Just be positive and grateful. And even if the purge continues, the toilet is an open unresentful friend. Besides, you aren't staying there forever.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by CsRockefeller(m): 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
pocohantas:

But when are you going to improve, nwokem?

cheesy cheesy

Agadi Nwaanyi, for now I've resigned to my fate, hopefully when I find Cinderella things will change.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by mcdokwe(m): 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
jaxxy:

I usually don’t care how u feel if I don’t like ur food I won’t eat it and that’s it. I’m that sensitive Insensitive bt if circumstances warrant me hiding my actual feelings or actions I will take the food go to my room or anywhere else and throw it away. End of story. If not I will just have to offend u. Sorry
insensitive is the better word. Have you considered how they'd feel if they see the food where it was dumped?
A better thing to do is tell her the food doesn't augur well with his system and that's likely the case as other members of the household don't suffer the same fate as op.

Na person we all be and every effort should be appreciated.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by alexola20(m): 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by InvertedHammer: 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:

/
Buy some antibiotics.
Eat her food. It is your cross.

Or

tell her she is a bad cook and damn the consequences. Final final instead of bailing your younger brother, na two of una bail money dem go dey price after madam don use hot water bath you for insult.

/
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by gideonvincent77: 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2020
"Sorry, I just ate not long"
WE HAVE BEEN LIED TO.
>>>>>>WATCHhttps://youtu.be/XipToDxigPQ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age / 63-year-old Woman Welcomes First Child / South African Lady Collects Her Husband’s Car From A Side Chic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.