Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? (24977 Views)

My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me / Single Nigerian Ladies In Diaspora, Any Reason Why You Turn Down Our Guys? / Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by enoch273: 5:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
I think it's the change of environment, but if you are considering eating out tonight, you definitely can't go wrong with the yummy and really cheap hotdogs from ShopRite.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by poweredcom(m): 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2020
Go and buy your food and eat in front of her
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:

food wey dey purge my belle??
Guy no play with ur health oooo. Tell her politely that she might be cooking with something that ur allergic to and its affecting ur health badly. Refuse the food. Eat outside and save ur life
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:
I have cause to visit Lagos in order to secure the bail of a younger one who got into trouble. My cousin who stays in Lagos insisted I stay with him. He has a wife and 3 kids.

The problem now is that I don't think his wife knows how to cook!! I have had running stomach eating her food since 4 days ago. I tried to turn down her food last night but it didn't go well as she pleaded with me to eat which I did. I had stomach upset through out the night. I just can't imagine eating her food again till I leave.

Please how do I refuse her food without sounding offensive??

Use the time to fast and pray.
Tell her you are starting fast and do your breaking in the morning when you go out.

Or

Go and buy Talazol keep it in your bag. It is so active that if you use two tablets pere. You will be begging your stomach to release poo for two days.

Eat her food and use Talazol. It may be your stomach is reacting to the water or environment.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by frozen70(f): 6:17pm On Jul 26, 2020
Bapy:
Drugs are not chocolates!!!!You didn't even think of the side effects of taking those drugs regularly haba.

Is he a kid,
Is he staying there forever
Does he eat the same particular dish

Ask him this questions and advise him better pls
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by frozen70(f): 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
stanliwise:
so you keep taking flagyl everyday, what sort of advise is this

So he eats the same meals and the same reactions every day

You can find out more from him
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by frozen70(f): 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
bukatyne:

Hahahahahahaha!

That sounds funny
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by kiddkash(m): 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:
I have cause to visit Lagos in order to secure the bail of a younger one who got into trouble. My cousin who stays in Lagos insisted I stay with him. He has a wife and 3 kids.

The problem now is that I don't think his wife knows how to cook!! I have had running stomach eating her food since 4 days ago. I tried to turn down her food last night but it didn't go well as she pleaded with me to eat which I did. I had stomach upset through out the night. I just can't imagine eating her food again till I leave.

tell your cousin to go and collect some percentage of the bride price paid as she is second hand

but she has manners. god for her
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Bluffly: 7:03pm On Jul 26, 2020
Since you knew before, you should have been on fruit at home telling them you are on diet. Eat out and take fruits at home
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by kurlz(f): 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:

Buy enough flagyl, tetracycline, and limotin.
Take the first two after each meal.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by stanliwise(m): 7:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
frozen70:

So he eats the same meals and the same reactions every day

You can find out more from him
That advice is what a timid person would take.

Why not tell her honestly that you notice you have running stomach when you eat her food. And after the confession you can reduce pressure by giving a suggestion as to the cause e.g maggi or you having a sensitive stomach.

From henceforth you can decide to accept or reject food.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2020
madridguy:
Tell both the husband and wife that due to some health issue you cannot disclose with them you will prefer taking bread and butter alone for mow.

You made me laugh out loud... So, na bread and butter go resolve the health issues??
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by emmyN(m): 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:

Tell her the truth. Say it seems the food she gives you is upsetting your system because you've been having diarrhea. Tell her it happens to you a lot especially when you have a change of food source, and it takes a good while for you to acclimatize with the change. You've been battling it for some days but are not getting any reprieve. Then go ahead and suggest a meal that involves less spice and have her prepare that for you. Also, if you drink from a borehole, insist on getting table water and see if there will be any change.

When you communicate it to her this way, trust me, she will be much interested in your health. She is family, feel free to talk to her.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by madridguy(m): 8:35pm On Jul 26, 2020
To avoid eating the woman food grin

airmirthd1:

You made me laugh out loud... So, na bread and butter go resolve the health issues??
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
madridguy:
To avoid eating the woman food grin
I totally understand.... Your comment got me laughing hard...
I hope someone someday will not comman open this kinda thread for me o..
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by praises16: 8:40pm On Jul 26, 2020
I think this is one of the best options. Let them know that you are purging and that you may have to take only dry food for now.

merieam16:
Tell her u er purging dat u dont kno if its sumtin u ate outside.Dont do as if it her food o and u will like to b taking only bread or anytin dat will require not taking her soup
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2020
It is the fear of causing offence that usually make men swallow poison. I rest my case.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by earnit3: 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2020
Not hungry
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by NonnyDot(m): 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
Think9ja:
Tell her na.

When next she brings her junk to your face tell you're not interested. Say it this way hanty, I'm tired of visiting the toilet due to the junk you've been feeding me with.

Thank me later.

PS: Hanty might even be a nairalander forming chief chef.

Bad cooks everywhere parading themselves as wives/mothers.

Only God knows how the husband is coping.

You are mad really. Lwkmd
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by faithfull18(f): 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
frozen70:

You don't really need to refuse her food

Just get tetracycline and flagyl on hand, once you eat you take your drugs
Lol, @ you take your drugs.

Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by madridguy(m): 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
grin grin

airmirthd1:

I totally understand.... Your comment got me laughing hard...

I hope someone someday will not comman open this kinda thread for me o..
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by repogirl(f): 9:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sermwell:

food wey dey purge my belle??
How come you're the only one purging..... Something is not right.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by favour32(m): 10:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
Get lipton tea and bread anytime.
Or eat their food and take lime after.
Belle no go worry you.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Texty: 10:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
Assist her for kitchen make you see watin she de put way your belle de reject... Sometimes it's white Maggi or something.. then from there you'd know and problem will be solved cause you will now tell her how the thing de purge you
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by JimmyJab(m): 10:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by JimmyJab(m): 10:28pm On Jul 26, 2020
cheesy

frozen70:

You don't really need to refuse her food

Just get tetracycline and flagyl on hand, once you eat you take your drugs
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Lekozy(m): 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
Nobody likes critics even me , but it do make someone concern about something and make them work more on that particular issue..so because you don't want issue you want to jeopardize your health.... talk to your brother let it out...and apologize later....she will learn more and take caution... U will praise and criticize her at the same time. Nobody loves critics but I believe it makes you a better person...since it's not a critics of personality or character....
This is just my opinion...
She might hate you ..even cause trouble self ...but the respect will be there. ...
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by frozen70(f): 6:09am On Jul 27, 2020
faithfull18:

Lol, @ you take your drugs.

My dear, its funny but its better to avoid family problems
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by frozen70(f): 6:12am On Jul 27, 2020
stanliwise:
That advice is what a timid person would take.

Why not tell her honestly that you notice you have running stomach when you eat her food. And after the confession you can reduce pressure by giving a suggestion as to the cause e.g maggi or you having a sensitive stomach.

From henceforth you can decide to accept or reject food.

You are not even matured enough to make contributions in situations like this because you lack experience

Homes belongs to women and you must respect every home you enter just because of the presence of the woman in the house

E bi like say women never show you pepper

Pray not to witness it
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 27, 2020
simondee93:
Like seriously,Boiled hot water?or you meant fried or roasted hot water?
Fried roasted water bro. Lol
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by stanliwise(m): 9:08am On Jul 27, 2020
frozen70:

You are not even matured enough to make contributions in situations like this because you lack experience

Homes belongs to women and you must respect every home you enter just because of the presence of the woman in the house

E bi like say women never show you pepper

Pray not to witness it
Abeg go front jare
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Slimsly100(f): 9:12am On Jul 27, 2020
Think9ja:
Tell her na.

When next she brings her junk to your face tell you're not interested. Say it this way hanty, I'm tired of visiting the toilet due to the junk you've been feeding me with.

Thank me later.

PS: Hanty might even be a nairalander forming chief chef.

Bad cooks everywhere parading themselves as wives/mothers.

Only God knows how the husband is coping.

The husband is used to it grin
But then, maybe the OP is one of these person that their tummy selects food and not necessarily that the woman doesn't know how to cook. Nor be everybody belle dey like chop anywhere and anyhow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

63-year-old Woman Welcomes First Child / South African Lady Collects Her Husband’s Car From A Side Chic / How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.