Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? (2195 Views)

Lexus Rx 350 or Mercedes Benz GLK 350: Which Is Better? / Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 / Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by Kccheechy(m): 3:16pm On Jul 28, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Just buy the ZDX, chief. It's a great car. Shares parts with the MDX, so parts or maintenence won't be a problem.
Oh, and SH-AWD makes a better drive than the RX350 and Evoque.

And yes, the Evoque is pretty small inside. It's a compact CUV. The early EcoBoost engines were also terrible. That's the engine on the Evoque. You can never compare a 300 HP 3.7L V6 to a shitty turbocharged 4 cylinder, in terms of power delivery.

Buy the ZDX.
one problem people complain about the ZDX is transmission problem. and it can be very annoying When the transmission problem starts. If you shift the gear from park (p) to drive (d) or reverse, the car will not move even though the indicator confirms that the gear is in drive or reverse. They have to switch it off and on and change gears for some time (while the car is still stationary) before the car gets itself. Someone who experienced this same problem said that anytime he wants to go out with the car, he warms the car and fiddle with the gear like 2hrs to his time of departure. When he is ready to move, the car behaves itself. He says the problem happens when the parks the car for a long time (say stretch of 7-8 hrs). Imagine having transmission problem like this. What if there is an emergency and you need to move with the car ASAP?? Has anyone here with a ZDX has experienced this kind of problem?

1 Like

Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by Diegostan(m): 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2020
Kccheechy:
one problem people complain about the ZDX is transmission problem. and it can be very annoying When the transmission problem starts. If you shift the gear from park (p) to drive (d) or reverse, the car will not move even though the indicator confirms that the gear is in drive or reverse. They have to switch it off and on and change gears for some time (while the car is still stationary) before the car gets itself. Someone who experienced this same problem said that anytime he wants to go out with the car, he warms the car and fiddle with the gear like 2hrs to his time of departure. When he is ready to move, the car behaves itself. He says the problem happens when the parks the car for a long time (say stretch of 7-8 hrs). Imagine having transmission problem like this. What if there is an emergency and you need to move with the car ASAP?? Has anyone here with a ZDX has experienced this kind of problem?

https://www.nairaland.com/6020559/affordable-lexus-rx350-2016-accident

Check the link I have that specially for you
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2020
Kccheechy:

Sounds like an issue specific to that particular car. Never heard of it anywhere else. Same transmission on the MDX.

Cc: 9icetoo
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by 9icetoo(m): 6:24pm On Jul 28, 2020
FirstSon01:

I think op wants a car that will attract a lot of attention and then the Evoque will be nice. About power I don't think anyone can pull up more than 180 km/hr on the average Nigerian road. So the Evoque goes well as for the eco stuff you guys mentioned being a bit messy, well I'm not a car engine savvy person so maybe that'll be a bad idea. The ZDX is manly though grin
180km/hr? Oga, speak for yourself oo. There are people here who that is their starting point.
That said, the zdx has good looks.
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by 9icetoo(m): 6:28pm On Jul 28, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Sounds like an issue specific to that particular car. Never heard of it anywhere else. Same transmission on the MDX.

Cc: 9icetoo
Yep. The owner bought an abused zdx or better still his mechanic has 'serviced' it for him with dexion 111.
I've only come across one fellow who had an issue with his MDX transmission and yet again, it was a case of wrong fluid.

My MDX has over 178k miles. Kicks like a mule when required.

The transmission on the zdx and MDX are quite bullet proof as long as you drain and refill the oil every 30k miles or when the service minder comes up.
Most Nigerians don't even drive 30k miles in 5 years. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by Kccheechy(m): 9:23am On Jul 29, 2020
Thanks for your opinion guys.. I'm getting positive reviews about the ZDX mostly. One commented that I'm looking for a car that will attract attention. Before nko?? I no want jalopy oo smiley ! I want a car that my babe will see and no that me sabi better thing!! Initially I had to BMW X6 in mind but you guys have made me to seriously consider the ZDX...i still want someone who has used the X6 to give me some positive reviews.

1 Like

Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:59am On Jul 29, 2020
Kccheechy:
Thanks for your opinion guys.. I'm getting positive reviews about the ZDX mostly. One commented that I'm looking for a car that will attract attention. Before nko?? I no want jalopy oo smiley ! I want a car that my babe will see and no that me sabi better thing!! Initially I had to BMW X6 in mind but you guys have made me to seriously consider the ZDX...i still want someone who has used the X6 to give me some positive reviews.

You're very keen on the X6 and I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up getting it after all you've been told. The heart wants what it wants.

If you're buying, buy the 2012+. Those use the N55 engine, which is a lot better than the 09-11 with the N54. Do NOT buy the V8 models.

Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need A Toyota Highlander / Does Honda Baby Have Gear Brain Box? / Help! My Tyres Bounces On Acceleration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.