Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,140 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:05 AM

Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway (56221 Views)

Bandits Block Abuja-Lokoja Road, Travelers Stranded / Traffic On Abuja-Keffi Expressway As Army Blocks Road To Stop Shiites (Photos) / 2 Corpers Die In Road Accident Along Ajeokuta-Lokoja Expressway (Disturbing Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by smallsmall: 8:52pm On Jul 26, 2020
Righteousness89:
That's Awesome!

Its Good For the Leaders to feel these things...

Hopefully it will put Action into Work!

He should have put Wings or Fan blades on his SUV so he can flyover the HoldUp.
Useless, thieving Governors and Politicians

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by Excuses: 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2020
Juell:
Always traveling, why can't he just remain in his state. What is he coming to do in Abuja when tomorrow is Monday.

To spend the weekending with Aisha Buhari..his formal girl friend!

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by Cantonese: 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
No Okada around that side to carry am? Or no where for helicopter to land pick am up? Helicopter fit land untop of im jeep.

After four years hardly can you find anything to write home about in Kogi state. Infact I do not know which state is better developed between Kogi and Zamfara states.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by esereme2019: 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
:
Razzness:
Nice one.
I pray he has a violent running stomach while in traffic, make e know as e dy be.
grin
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by GOFRONT(m): 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2020
Extol1, Come and carry your gov
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by Yakubu113: 9:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
Very good development but he is even lucky his car have air condition
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by RainOnMe: 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2020
Backward country
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by RainOnMe: 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
You will be surprised to see helicopter landing from nowhere to pick him and some important aides off. That will prove to you all animals are not the same.
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by nexta007(m): 10:32pm On Jul 26, 2020
Very good...I hope this is true. Make we see the helicopter whe go come rescue am
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by Gerrard59(m): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2020
Honestly, it sucks to be living in Nigeria as a Nigerian. embarassed
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by simplyOJ(m): 10:53pm On Jul 26, 2020
Razzness:
Nice one.
I pray he has a violent running stomach while in traffic, make e know as e dy be.
Wicked pikin grin

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by justdream(m): 10:55pm On Jul 26, 2020
aikay7:
Mehn it was not funny being on that road. Started out a journey to Lagos from kaduna at exactly 5pm on Saturday night and we legit got stuck on that road with no movement for more than 5hrs. As I'm typing this stuff, my bus is just approaching Lagos from Ibadan. 30hrs from kaduna to Lagos.

Pele my dear. The traffic finally was cleared? How did you go thru.
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by EyeTaspirant(m): 11:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kogi follow for your target market?
Samylekey:
Yahaya Bello and him Kogi, na dem sabi

Something dey pain me oo, shey nairalanders no dey patronize people for here ni

I don dey shout since nobody gree patronize me for graphics.

E no good at all at all
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by Samylekey(m): 12:00am On Jul 27, 2020
EyeTaspirant:
Kogi follow for your target market?

Kogi and the other 36 states are my target market.
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 27, 2020
ednut1:
Una suppose gather beat am
everytime he is in Abj.
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by Cholison(m): 4:33am On Jul 27, 2020
Good for him, he is always on the road busy doing nothing in Kogi. One of the disasters APC imposed on kogites.
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by seguno2: 5:08am On Jul 27, 2020
Gerrard59:
Honestly, it sucks to be living in Nigeria as a Nigerian. embarassed

Is Yahaya Bello an ordinary Nigerian
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by Revolva(m): 5:39am On Jul 27, 2020
and police go de follow am up and down

Nigerian leaders are very stupid
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by aystunt: 5:53am On Jul 27, 2020
As at 10pm the whole place is still locked up. Had to look for Keke and sleep in Lokoja
Govt need to do something about this trailers but the problem is that Government worship Dangote whose trailers are the major problems we have on this road.
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by egopersonified(f): 6:45am On Jul 27, 2020
Righteousness89:
That's Awesome!

Its Good For the Leaders to feel these things...

Hopefully it will put Action into Work!

After over two decades of democracy, you should know that the first thing the governor will do will be to buy a private helicopter and not necessary equipment and staff to handle things like this.
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by DrKKK1(m): 10:31am On Jul 27, 2020
The poster really hate GYB. And surprisingly, most people also believed that it's the citizens that blocked Gov Yahaya Bello from moving in order to embarrass him. Many of us have people on this road and can easily reach out to them to verify the true position but alas we care not.
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by naturefellow(m): 10:33am On Jul 27, 2020
12345baba:
Were are the bandits nah
cheesy
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by DrKKK1(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2020
NEWSLokoja-Abuja Gridlock:

Gov Bello Spends Hours Controlling Traffic, Commends Commuters, Drivers!

Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello on Sunday evening, joined officers of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) and other security agencies in controlling the traffic on Abuja-Lokoja road which has held commuters on standstill for two days running. Governor Bello who arrived Jamata area of the state with his security men and some aides, spent over five hours directing the flow of traffic that has kept travellers at one point since Friday night. Gov Bello, Aides and security details controlling vehicles Our reporter gathered that the governor who arrived the scene at about 06.30pm in the evening called other security heads in the state to deploy more personnel to join his security in controlling the traffic. Speaking to our reporter, Governor Bello said his action followed the brief he got on the traffic situation along Lokoja-Abuja road especially between Kpata in Lokoja down to Koto, Kogi/Kotonkarfe local government of the state from his security details on Saturday. The governor stated that he decided to visit the scene after another briefing on Sunday that travellers were still stranded on the road. ”I was properly briefed about the hardship the commuters have been going through in the last two days on this road. V I was told few officers of the FRSC were seen in controlling the traffic and that no vehicle could even move an inch. “I have been here since 06:45pm and this is 10:25pm with some of the officials of the FRSC and other relevant agencies. V The good thing is that vehicles are now moving, hopefully, if the commuters can sustain and maintain this orderliness we have established the gridlock will disappear because disorderliness, impatient are the major causes of this gridlock”, he said. The governor however criticised slow response to emergency road situation by the officers of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC). He noted that there was an accident involving two articulated vehicles on a single lane on the bridge while maintenance work was going on the second lane. He blamed the FRSC for not responding quickly in evacuating the lories considering the usual heavy daily traffic on the road. ”I understand that one of the lanes of the bridge has been under maintenance and travelers from Lokoja/Abuja were made to use only one lane; unfortunately, two articulated vehicles collided on the single lane resulting in this gridlock”, he said. The governor was seen commending commuters and drivers for their patience while urging that relevant agencies should deploy more personnel to ensure quick clearance of the road. V Some passengers who spoke on the development said they were held up by the gridlock for several hours. They commended the governor for his presence at the scene, noting that without his intervention, no vehicle would have been able to move. At about 10. 45 pm, officers of the Nigerian Army, Navy, Civil Defence and vigilantee joined the governor and his security personnel in controlling the chaotic traffic. Lokoja-Abuja road is one of the most busiest roads in Nigeria as it connects the North to the South.

Continue reading at https://kogistatenews.com.ng/?p=6474 | Kogi Latest News Update
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by awoo47: 11:07am On Jul 27, 2020
justdream:

Pele my dear. The traffic finally was cleared? How did you go thru.
clear for where...
presently stuck in it.
all dis army nd police convoy jus make everything worse
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by awoo47: 11:09am On Jul 27, 2020
DrKKK1:
The poster really hate GYB. And surprisingly, most people also believed that it's the citizens that blocked Gov Yahaya Bello from moving in order to embarrass him. Many of us have people on this road and can easily reach out to them to verify the true position but alas we care not.
its possible na...
u knw convoy always finds its way
but d trailer on dis road no get joy
if dem hear say convoy wan pass dey will just block d road
Re: Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway by extol1(m): 10:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
GOFRONT:
Extol1, Come and carry your gov
that yeye man that is yet to commission a project but always traveling to Abuja. the question I always ask myself and others people to do what? why can't he stay in his state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Canada Rush: What Desperate Nigerian Asylum Seekers Are Saying About Nigeria / "Help Me Buy Food Too"- Lady Tells Her Bolt Driver (pictures) / Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.