Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version (2818 Views)

Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp / FCT-IRS: An Official Or An Unofficial Scam / After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by tempem: 7:55am On Jul 27, 2020
Last year April, I bought my Redmi note 7 from ProtienO.

Of course, the claim was that the version is a Global version. (You sure know I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't a global version)

True, never had language issues with the phone, (that was what I thought was the major difference between a global version and the other version)

Also, I never had a single issue with the phone too. It works pretty smooth and I loved it.

This week, I launched the Android 10 update I receieved on my phone. Wow! Cool stuff too.

Thereafter, this same week, I received MIUI 12 and I updated it too. It was awesome!

Still, I didn't figure out I was sinking into a big issue.

Wanted to download an app from playstore, then the error message was: "error retrieving information from server DF-DFERH-01."

Tried all the troubleshooting I could, but non worked. As a last resort, yesterday, I formatted my phone after properly backing it up.

After rebooting, I couldn't find any Google Services. Though, I restored messages, phone dial, contacts, and system apps, however, app associated with Google services weren't installed. Those that were installed didn't work.

Just very sad and disappointed. So, I started reading on what to do. Then, I stumbled on an article that highlighted that chinese versions doesn't come with google services.

The article further highlighted how to verfity if your phone is an official global version or not.

Then, I headed to the official site to verify and boom it dawned on me that my phone isn't an official global version.

I'm really not happy about this and I don't know what to do..

Please, I need help!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by jboixxx: 8:29am On Jul 27, 2020
Post your about phone and let's go from.there.
Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by tempem: 8:30am On Jul 27, 2020
jboixxx:

okay!
Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by soles21(m): 8:30am On Jul 27, 2020
I can help out
Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by tempem: 8:32am On Jul 27, 2020
jboixxx:

HERE BELOW

Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by tempem: 8:33am On Jul 27, 2020
soles21:
I can help out

I'm with you
Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by jboixxx: 8:42am On Jul 27, 2020
tempem:

HERE BELOW
You're running a Chinese ROM, so, just sideload Gapps and you'll be fine. It won't take you more than 2mins or thereabouts. If you're on telegram, holla at me on Jboixxx for the file.

I'm running a Chinese ROM too though on a Global Version RN8.
Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by soles21(m): 8:44am On Jul 27, 2020
jboixxx:
You're running a Chinese ROM, so, just sideload Gapps and you'll be fine. It won't take you more than 2mins or thereabouts. If you're on telegram, holla at me on Jboixxx for the file.

looks like you got everything covered already.

1 Like

Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by tempem: 9:15am On Jul 27, 2020
jboixxx:

Opps. I'm not on Instagram. Is their any other way you could help? Maybe a link? Thanks so much, bro

By the way, are you saying that I am using a global version?
Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by jboixxx: 9:24am On Jul 27, 2020
tempem:

Opps. I'm not on Instagram. Is their any other way you could help? Maybe a link? Thanks so much, bro

By the way, are you saying that I am using a global version?
I'm not saying you're using a Global Version cuz it's been confirmed that it's a Chinese version.

Let me try upload it to Google drive on another device and share the link. By the way, I said telegram not Instagram o.

6 Likes

Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by jboixxx: 9:41am On Jul 27, 2020
Click here, tempem

5 Likes

Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by tempem: 10:29am On Jul 27, 2020
jboixxx:
I'm not saying you're using a Global Version cuz it's been confirmed that it's a Chinese version.

Let me try upload it to Google drive on another device and share the link. By the way, I said telegram not Instagram o.

ops. its a mistake.. Yes, I am not on Telegram

Thanks.
Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by Nltaliban(m): 10:47am On Jul 27, 2020
Thank you Jboixxx for helping out him.

But I still think this thread is unnecessary Sha because protein0 must have advertised that the phone is global ROM maybe you just didn't understand. Plus you could have gone to the xiaomi thread for help.

Chinese version is good BTW, cheaper, has added features, better battery life and others. The only thing is the Google app which you can get easily.

7 Likes

Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by Protein0: 11:14am On Jul 27, 2020
Nltaliban:

But I still think this thread is unnecessary Sha because protein0 must have advertised that the phone is global ROM maybe you just didn't understand. Plus you could have gone to the xiaomi thread for help.

Chinese version is good BTW, cheaper, has added features, better battery life and others. The only thing is the Google app which you can get easily.
Tor! Thanks boss.

There was no way I wouldn't have pointed the version to him.
That aside, I'm reading this here, he didn't even contact me at all. Playstore services files that I could have sent within minutes. I send to people who didn't even deal with me sef.
Tempem, you can msg me on WhatsApp for d files if you still need them. 07063579846 kiss
Thanks at Jboixxx for helping him out.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by jboixxx: 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
Protein0:

Tor! Thanks boss.

That aside, I'm reading this here, he didn't even contact me at all. Playstore services files that I could have sent within minutes. I send to people who didn't even deal with me sef.
Tempem, you can msg me on WhatsApp for d files if you still need them. 07063579846 kiss
Thanks at Jboixhxx for helping him out.
There must have been an oversight somewhere. I deliberately went straight to the issue rather than dwelling on what was sold to avoid unnecessary talks.

Well done, boss mi.

Tempem, how far? Installed? If there's any issue, feel free to contact either of us or mention us here.
Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by tempem: 12:39pm On Jul 27, 2020
Nltaliban:

I thought I was clear enough. Didn't you read it? He advertised that it was a global ROM (Or, there is something else I should have noted?)

I never wanted a Chinese version! If I knew, I'd not have bought it. That's by the way sha..

Also, I now understand that purchasing from Aliexpress might get you unofficial global version.

When next I want to get a Xiaomi phone, I'll definitely check for that before payment, or ask the dealer if it's official global version or not.

It will be nice if those selling Xiaomi phones would be more clear about the Global Version - either Official or unofficial.

Thanks.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by tempem: 12:43pm On Jul 27, 2020
jboixxx:
Click here, tempem

Bro, thanks a lot. It worked!

I sincerely appreciate your input and quick response. God's blessings.

But please, is there a significant price difference between the official global version and the unofficial global version?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by tempem: 12:44pm On Jul 27, 2020
jboixxx:
There must have been an oversight somewhere. I deliberately went straight to the issue rather than dwelling on what was sold to avoid unnecessary talks.

Well done, boss mi.

Tempem, how far? Installed? If there's any issue, feel free to contact either of us or mention us here.

Yes. Thanks, man.

1 Like

Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by tempem: 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2020
Protein0:

Tor! Thanks boss.

Thanks at Jboixxx for helping him out.

I deliberately didn't want to. Just trying to avoid issues.

I appreciate the willingness to help, though. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by ubev01(m): 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2020
tempem:

I thought I was clear enough. Didn't you read it? He advertised that it was a global ROM (Or, there is something else I should have noted?)

I never wanted a Chinese version! If I knew, I'd not have bought it. That's by the way sha..

Also, I now understand that purchasing from Aliexpress might get you unofficial global version.

When next I want to get a Xiaomi phone, I'll definitely check for that before payment, or ask the dealer if it's official global version or not.

It will be nice if those selling Xiaomi phones would be more clear about the Global Version - either Official or unofficial.

Thanks.
let me clear it up for you incase of next time.
Global version: sealed box, Google services pre installed by Xiaomi, made for use outside China and India, global version usually written on the box
Global Rom: box not sealed, comes with Google services, made officially for people in China as Chinese version but converted to be used outside China by sellers who unsealed the box and install Google services, Chinese characters on the box
Chinese version: sealed box, no Google services, made to be used in China, Chinese characters on the box

Now you see that he advertised global rom not global version. Hope you note get the diff

7 Likes

Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by jboixxx: 1:09pm On Jul 27, 2020
tempem:

Bro, thanks a lot. It worked!

I sincerely appreciate your input and quick response. God's blessings.

But please, is there a significant price difference between the official global version and the unofficial global version?
Glad it's been sorted.

As for difference in price tag, it depends on seller actually. Some might make the difference to be significant while others care less. Sold R8 4/64 for 50k couple of weeks back while the global variant was selling btw 56-59k then. So, it depends.

Most of us do indicate the version type, especially when it's Chinese version. Anytime you see a global ROM in the ads, it's Chinese version device.

Enjoy your device, boss.

For reference purposes, attached is a simplified differences btw the 2 versions and ROMs

2 Likes

Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by tempem: 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2020
ubev01:
Global version: sealed box, Google services pre installed by Xiaomi, made for use outside China and India, global version usually written on the box
Global Rom: box not sealed, comes with Google services, made officially for people in China as Chinese version but converted to be used outside China by sellers who unsealed the box and install Google services, Chinese characters on the box
Chinese version: sealed box, no Google services, made to be used in China, Chinese characters on the box

Now you see that he advertised global rom not global version. Hope you note get the diff

Wow! Pinned!! Thanks Boss smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by Protein0: 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
tempem:

I deliberately didn't want to. Just trying to avoid issues.

I appreciate the willingness to help, though. Thanks.
Interesting.
But you shouldn't have mentioned me if you didn't want to involve me or at least avoid laying false claim like you did below.
tempem:

Of course, the claim was that the version is a Global version. (You sure know I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't a global version)
There was no way I could have claimed a non global version phone was global version.
It has never happened and it will never. As at the time you got the phone (April 17,2019), I had a message starred on my WhatsApp, giving comprehensive info about the various versions.

Also, you meant I was sure you wouldn't have gotten a non global version even when there are people who either insist on Chinese version or even flash Chinese rom on global version device. It's a world full of choices and that's why I take my time to give prospective buyers enough info about available versions and allow them to make informed choices which I am sure I did for u too.

As at when you got it, 3 versions were being sold to buyers.. Global version, Chinese version(Chinese version with Chinese rom) and global rom (Chinese version with global rom installed). Some ppl install Chinese rom on their global version(e.g jboixxx grin) I am sure I gave you all these options with info and prices of them all and I delivered what we agreed on.

I will be glad if you can send me a msg on whatsapp with d same number we chatted with, then I can make ref to chats explaining stuffs to u.

I feel you misconstrued things then which you have repeated here again.
There is nothing like unofficial global version but you have started asking about the price difference btw it and the global version. You simply inferred that since there is offical global version, there will definitely be an unofficial one. It doesn't work like dt wink

4 Likes

Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by tempem: 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2020
ubev01:

Yes! But if I get you right, I think he sold to me the global version. Because the box was sealed. Yes, Google services were pre-installed. I'm not with the box, I'd have confirmed the "Global version tag on the box." but I think I saw Global version on it when I received it.

I was obviously attaching another meaning to the Global version. You've helped clarified that.

So, it was apparently the update that took away the pre-installed Google services.

Once again, Thank YOU!

1 Like

Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by jboixxx: 1:30pm On Jul 27, 2020
We should forget this issue cuz I see the OP mixing things up here big time!

4 Likes

Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by tempem: 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2020
Protein0:

Interesting.
But you shouldn't have mentioned me if you didn't want to involve me or at least avoid laying false claim like you did below.

There was no way I could have claimed a non global version phone was global version.
It has never happened and it will never. As at the time you got the phone (April 17,2019), I had a message starred on my WhatsApp, giving comprehensive info above the various versions.
I will be glad if you can send me a msg on whatsapp with d same number we chatted with, then I can make ref to chats explaining stuffs to u.

I feel you misconstrued things then which you have repeated here again.
There is nothing like unofficial global version but you have started asking about the price difference btw it and the global version. You simply inferred that since there is offical global version, there will definitely be an unofficial one. It doesn't work like dt wink

1. What false claim did I lay on you? Tell me. It was what you sold to me I'm still using. I did mention your name for transparency. And Like I said, you can read the tone of my Original post, it doesn't sound like an attack.

2. Mind you, I didn't ask for the price difference for any bad intention. (Just asking for my next buy)

3. Yes! I didn't fully understand what Global version and Global Rom means (That was my fault)
Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by tempem: 1:34pm On Jul 27, 2020
jboixxx:
We should forget this issue cuz I see the OP mixing things up here big time!

Quite Agree! Will google it up. Thanks. If there is still something I don't get, might reach out to you. Thanks.
Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by Protein0: 1:35pm On Jul 27, 2020
tempem:

Yes! But if I get you right,

1. I think he sold to me the global version. Because the box was sealed. Yes, Google services were pre-installed. I'm not with the box, I'd have confirmed the "Global version tag on the box."

2. but I think I saw Global version on it when I received it.

3. I was obviously attaching another meaning to the Global version. You've helped clarified that.

So, it was apparently the update that took away the pre-installed Google services.

Once again, Thank YOU!
Glad that the issue has been resolved and you are now enjoying the phone like you have been enjoying it before.

Continue enjoying your device my amiable customer. kiss
Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by tempem: 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
Protein0:

Glad that the issue has been resolved and you are now enjoying the phone like you have been enjoying it before.

Continue enjoying your device my amiable customer. kiss

Thanks
Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by spactacus(m): 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2020
jboixxx:
Glad it's been sorted.

As for difference in price tag, it depends on seller actually. Some might make the difference to be significant while others care less. Sold R8 4/64 for 50k couple of weeks back while the global variant was selling btw 56-59k then. So, it depends.

Most of us do indicate the version type, especially when it's Chinese version. Anytime you see a global ROM in the ads, it's Chinese version device.

Enjoy your device, boss.

For reference purposes, attached is a simplified differences btw the 2 versions and ROMs

Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by jboixxx: 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2020
[quote author=spactacus post=92165918][/quote] You know yaself grin
Re: Please, Help!! The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I Bought Is An Unofficial Global Version by modextus(m): 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2020
Wait. Redmi note 7 has gotten Android 10 and my note 8 still hasn't received the update. I need clarification please. Is there something I'm not doing?

(1) (2) (Reply)

TECNO Introduces The Latest SPARK 9 / Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 / Advice On Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.