Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,966 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court (39848 Views)

Pictures Of Lagos Speaker, Obasa As A Lawyer Emerge / Obasa’s Wife Receives N10m Illegal Monthly Allocation From Lagos Assembly - SR / Obasa Gets N17m Monthly For Maintenance Of Personal Residence, Guest House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by mrbee1948: 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2020
NOC1:
Are they talking about being a lawyer or a barrister?

People mistake this two things, however I read where they said he went to law school, he might have, but didn’t pass, so you can’t see his name on register but that doesn’t stop him from answering a law graduate.

On his biography as pasted here, he never claimed to have graduated from Law School, he ended it at his University degree. If that’s what he has been using to work he has no problem.

Is just like an Engineering graduate who is not registered with COREN you have Engineering degree but you are not a registered Engineer but not human can stop you from saying you graduated as an Engineer from university.

I know same is applicable to pharmacy and Accountancy

Oga! What you just wrote is TRASH
You people like defending thieves amd rogues from your region. Take a second look at his resume and tell me why Obasa should not be arrested for fraud and impersonation. You dear not call yourself a lawyer without being called to the bar. If na lie go and ask PASTOR Ize-iyamu why he doesn't address himself as Barrister Ize-iyamu since he is a B.sc holder of law.
Obasa and his cronies/master must all go to JAIL. RUBBISH

2 Likes

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Newboss(m): 6:00pm On Jul 27, 2020
lexy2014:

D author didn't say obasa graduated from law school. Can u show me were d author categorically said that obasa graduated from law school? Do u understand what it means to use d website as a reference? Pls read again and notice d choice of words:

"He is also described on the Assembly's website as graduating from the Nigerian Law School in 2007, a year after he obtained a Bachelor of Law degree from the Lagos State University".

If on a C.V. u put d year of graduation from an institution, what is ur intent? If u didn't graduate from an institution, what is d essence of putting it on ur C.V.? Are u familiar with how C.V.s are written? Pls what is d whole idea behind d article? Do u no d essence of d article?

The author said that. You even quoted where said it. The website didn't say so. Whatever an article said that doesn't correlate with what's on the referenced website is just the author spewing BS. You can't say a website said what it clearly didn't say and still claim to referencing the website.

If a reference is false, the falsehood becomes the opinion of that person who made the reference. I can as well say, "according to Google, your father sucks dicks for a living". That would be invalid, and hence just my opinion of your father. You can hold me responsible for calling your father a cöcksücker
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by lexy2014: 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2020
Newboss:

The author said that. You even quoted where said it. The website didn't say so. Whatever an article said that doesn't correlate with what's on the referenced website is just the author spewing BS. You can't say a website said what it clearly didn't say and still claim to referencing the website.

If a reference is false, the falsehood becomes the opinion of that person. I can as well say, according to Google, your father sucks dicks for a living. That would be invalid, and hence just my opinion of your father. You can hold me responsible for calling your father a cöcksücker

Am not sure what dick sucking has got to do with d discussion.on Can answer d questions I asked in my comment cos all u did at best was avoid yet u are drawing conclusions:

lexy2014:

D author didn't say obasa graduated from law school. Can u show me were d author categorically said that obasa graduated from law school? Do u understand what it means to use d website as a reference? Pls read again and notice d choice of words:

"He is also described on the Assembly's website as graduating from the Nigerian Law School in 2007, a year after he obtained a Bachelor of Law degree from the Lagos State University".

If on a C.V. u put d year of graduation from an institution, what is ur intent? If u didn't graduate from an institution, what is d essence of putting it on ur C.V.? Are u familiar with how C.V.s are written? Pls what is d whole idea behind d article? Do u no d essence of d article?
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by bigfish3k: 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2020
SirBunky85:
same way u always defend obaseki as if he's the air u breathe
I am just against Godfatherism and in support of free thinking
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Newboss(m): 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
lexy2014:

Am not sure what dick sucking has got to do with d discussion.on Can answer d questions I asked in my comment cos all u did at best was avoid yet u are drawing conclusions:

Simple analogy, you still don't get.

It's just a CV thing. State all relevant academic history. It's up to everyone to decide what's relevant. The mistake some people make is think not graduating, despite attending, dents your CV. It doesn't. Everything on your CV adds weight to your CV. Even that withdrawal/expulsion from university will add weight to your CV. It says something about you. It makes you stand out among the crowd.

The purpose of an article is the headache of the author. I just hate misinterpretation of facts, for whatever reason. The author did that, and I reacted to that.
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Iceberg3: 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
Any tout, agberoes can be gov/councillor/LGA chairman/speaker house of assembly in the west as long as the Chicago graduate, tinubu is godfather grin
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by lexy2014: 6:21pm On Jul 27, 2020
Newboss:

It's just a CV thing. State all relevant academic history. It's up to everyone to decide what's relevant. The mistake some people make is think not graduating, despite attending, dents your CV. It doesn't. Everything on your CV adds weight to your CV. Even that withdrawal/expulsion from university will add weight to your CV. It says something about you. It makes you stand out among the crowd.

The purpose of an article is the headache of the author. I just hate misinterpretation of facts, for whatever reason. The author did that, and I reacted to that.

If u feel that d purpose of an article is d headache, then u shouldn't be reading d article or talking about it. U should leave d article for it's author to read. U claim to "hate misrepresentation of facts" but u have been trying to interpret what d author said or didn't say. U can't be doing doing that and be claiming anonymity at d same time

1 Like

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 27, 2020
LegendHero:
The Supreme Court stated in the letter that:

He is at liberty to come to this honorable court with his Call to bar and qualifying certificates for enrollment.

Could it be the lawyers have to enroll to be included in the Rolls of Legal Practitioner record?

Yes! once you called, you are expected to proceed to the Supreme Court and enrol in the rolls of legal practitioners. You will then be awarded an enrolment number. That enrolment number is your ultimate identity as a lawyer. If you don't have it, you ain't no lawyer. grin grin grin

You are just a lawyer graduate at best. That's if you graduated from a university. You can't practice law.
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by MrUrch(m): 6:25pm On Jul 27, 2020
This one off me shocked

1 Like

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Newboss(m): 6:27pm On Jul 27, 2020
lexy2014:

If u feel that d purpose of an article is d headache, then u shouldn't be reading d article or talking about it. U should leave d article for it's author to read. U claim to hate

Hate? Baba, easy na.

Only the author can tell why he wrote an article. It's his headache. I just found the headline interesting. That's why I read the article. Anyone could author anything. I read the ones that interest me. The motive or intention of the author, is his headache. I wouldn't bother myself with that. I don't even know who the author is.
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by hardbody: 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
SmartyPants:

1. The write up says he is described as having graduated from the Nigerian Law School
2. You are not a lawyer, which he has described himself as, until you are called to the bar
3. You only become a barrister or solicitor when you are called to the bar. That is why the title reads: barrister and solicitor of the supreme court of Nigeria. Unlike in England, the roles of barrister and solicitor are fused, and even in England there are formal post-university training programs for both solicitors and barristers that is equivalent to the bar program in Nigeria.

To cut the long story short.

A law degree does not make you a lawyer nor does it make you a solicitor. It makes you a holder of a law degree.

Interesting. So those colleagues who are working with only their Law degrees, what work do they do?

Is this your position supported by the Legal Practitioners Act? If yes what section of that Law are you making reference to?

I submit that while most people I know have proceeded to the Law School after their final year at the university, a few have stayed back and worked with their Law degree and they did solicitor's job which basically has to do with documentations, agreements, Land matters, etc. They can only qualify as Barristers after being called to the Bar.

The distinction you made about about the position in England is apt and tends to speak to the line of reasoning most people have around that position even here in Nigeria
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Nwaonyishi69: 6:37pm On Jul 27, 2020
The problems emanating from 'sophisticated ignorance'. Like his master Tifnubu, how come these uncertificated people love power with so much lack of knowledge? Why do they think buying oluwole, Toronto, ajegunle etc printed certificates make them educated people? This APCshit party has consistently shown why and how they have no regards for merit and competency. No wonder they live and govern by lies.

1 Like

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by lexy2014: 6:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
Newboss:

No I don't get ur analogy.

Which crowd is obasa standing out from when d crowd graduated and he didn't? How does everything on C.V. add weight? That means no one who submits C.V
should be unemployed. What does expulsion & withdrawal say about u?

Where did d author misrepresent? If d website said year of graduation for B.Sc was 2006, year of graduation for law school was 2007. According to u year of graduation for B SC 2006 but in law school, ur own interpretation is year of attendance not graduation but that isn't d format of d C V. In actual fact, u are d one doing d misrepresentation because d author followed d format used on d C.V. if there's a discrepancy, then it is d fault of d owner of d C.V. which d article was trying to point out. So if u read an article and u don't no y d article was written or it's message, then what exactly are u criticising about it?
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by lexy2014: 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2020
Newboss:

Hate? Baba, easy na.

Only the author can tell why he wrote an article. It's his headache. I just found the headline interesting. That's why I read the article. Anyone could author anything. I read the ones that interest me. The motive or intention of the author, is his headache. I wouldn't bother myself with that. I don't even know who the author is.

That post was incomplete:

lexy2014:

If u feel that d purpose of an article is d headache, then u shouldn't be reading d article or talking about it. U should leave d article for it's author to read. U claim to "hate misrepresentation of facts" but u have been trying to interpret what d author said or didn't say. U can't be doing doing that and be claiming anonymity at d same time
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Omoejigbahe(m): 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2020
This guy is a rogue
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Olas16198901: 8:09pm On Jul 27, 2020
Is soup remain small to be done
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by vioment: 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2020
hardbody:

There is no lawyer who qualified to practice in Nigeria that doesn't have his name enrolled in the register of legal practitioners in Nigeria. So long as you made yourself available for the enrollment. The record from Candidate 001 till date is available. Stick to what you know. Or are you planning on claiming that you qualified but the records are not available?

Bro see you see prison oo

I love your confidence in the system especially because you think it's manageable. I don't have that kind of trust in the system even if it's just 10 names. Ojoro fit dey there.
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by abokikhalifa: 8:58pm On Jul 27, 2020
NOC1:

People mistake this two things, however I read where they said he went to law school, he might have, but didn’t pass, so you can’t see his name on register but that doesn’t stop him from answering a law graduate.

On his biography as pasted here, he never claimed to have graduated from Law School, he ended it at his University degree. If that’s what he has been using to work he has no problem.

Is just like an Engineering graduate who is not registered with COREN you have Engineering degree but you are not a registered Engineer but not human can stop you from saying you graduated as an Engineer from university.

Defend your looters. Continue
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by SirBunky85(m): 9:41pm On Jul 27, 2020
bigfish3k:

I am just against Godfatherism and in support of free thinking
you are against godfatherism abi?but when obaseki shared edos money to the pdp godfathers just to get their ticket,it wasn't godfatherism playing out abi?I'm not gullible pls
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by eagleu: 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2020
MrColdsweat:

The more reason yorubas should rise up and stop this madness. The thugs and touts are in government while the educated ones are littered around unemployed.

And some of them are paid by the thugs to come here and post supporting articles for thugs and godfatherism.
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Ategberoson(m): 10:26pm On Jul 27, 2020
LaboPolitics:
Another 'Oluwole' certificate scandal from the yoruba tribe that are always good at grandstanding about 'literacy and sophistication' while trying to paint others as 'illiterate' spare parts dealers. grin

Back to back 'oluwoleism'. grin

look at this Abia people that came to welcome a thief today ranting like car that's jerking
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Ategberoson(m): 10:28pm On Jul 27, 2020
ifytrik:
He is a perfect example of afonja people, always claiming to be what they are not.

fix East first, celebrating ex convict return won't developed southeast most esp the prototype of worse state in the world Abia
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by nurain150(m): 10:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
NOC1:

I never knew people where this dumb.This is the most sesible post.Mind you it no possible for you to graduate a pharmacy and opt not to induct into the pharmacy associassukn of nigeria,but why you come waste 5 years na.But unlike law you are not required to be called to bar nither are you required to write ican as an accountant.
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by bigfish3k: 10:54pm On Jul 27, 2020
SirBunky85:
you are against godfatherism abi?but when obaseki shared edos money to the pdp godfathers just to get their ticket,it wasn't godfatherism playing out abi?I'm not gullible pls
Paying to buy form is not Godfatherism.
All states with Godfathers don't develop. Fashola had to fight Tinubu to be able to achieve to the level of what he did in Lagos
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by SirBunky85(m): 11:04pm On Jul 27, 2020
bigfish3k:

Paying to buy form is not Godfatherism.
All states with Godfathers don't develop. Fashola had to fight Tinubu to be able to achieve to the level of what he did in Lagos
keep deceiving urself.someone dat hates godfatherism still went begging pdp godfathers with Edo peoples money just to get their ticket yet,you see nothing wrong in dat abi?Mr man ,its either gullible or you are just a hypocrite
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by NovusHomo(m): 2:28am On Jul 28, 2020

1 Like

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Emmycrucial1: 3:32am On Jul 28, 2020
A barrister, men going for women leadership training which cost 80m, and a fraudulent expenditure. All for one person alone, this Is SERIOUS!

1 Like

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Benbellamor: 5:03am On Jul 28, 2020
Emmycrucial1:
A barrister, men going for women leadership training which cost 80m, and a fraudulent expenditure. All for one person alone, this Is SERIOUS!

How can things work? ,fake lawyer posedas Lagos speaker obasa

Convicted dollar spender As a Governir sanwo eko

Craddle robber lawyer who stole his boss money and was convicted Speak house of rep Gbaja

1 Like

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Modarun(m): 7:34am On Jul 28, 2020
But this standard practice in sophistocated politics nah. You must be good in forging and Oluwole cert. Eya this one that they are setting up to be gomina?�. It wee not be well for Elrufai , Ameachi and cabal ...add your own.
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by gcute2ng(m): 7:58am On Jul 28, 2020
ifytrik:
He is a perfect example of afonja people, always claiming to be what they are not.

get a life... trust me u need it
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by SmartyPants(m): 11:06am On Jul 28, 2020
hardbody:

Interesting. So those colleagues who are working with only their Law degrees, what work do they do?

Is this your position supported by the Legal Practitioners Act? If yes what section of that Law are you making reference to?

I submit that while most people I know have proceeded to the Law School after their final year at the university, a few have stayed back and worked with their Law degree and they did solicitor's job which basically has to do with documentations, agreements, Land matters, etc. They can only qualify as Barristers after being called to the Bar.

The distinction you made about about the position in England is apt and tends to speak to the line of reasoning most people have around that position even here in Nigeria

See, those who work only with their law degrees are akin to a person with a degree from another field doing the same work. For example, a degree holder in biology can read a few articles online and go on to draft contracts for people. That is fine, and it doesn't make them a legal professional.

See Section 2(1) of the Legal Practitioners Act copied here under:

2. Entitlement to practise
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, a person shall be entitled to practise as a bar‐
rister and solicitor if, and only if, his name is on the roll.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ebonyi Youths Charter 911 For Relocation Of Fulanis That Arrived At Mid Night / Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" / Reno Omokri Defends Taliban, Mocks U.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.