Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court (39847 Views)

Pictures Of Lagos Speaker, Obasa As A Lawyer Emerge / Obasa’s Wife Receives N10m Illegal Monthly Allocation From Lagos Assembly - SR / Obasa Gets N17m Monthly For Maintenance Of Personal Residence, Guest House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by NettyNelly(m): 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
Get the best branding for your business. Check my signature
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Odunolumide(m): 3:21pm On Jul 27, 2020
ok
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by TheFreeOne: 3:21pm On Jul 27, 2020
LaboPolitics:
Another 'Oluwole' certificate scandal from the yoruba tribe that are always good at grandstanding about 'sophistication'. grin

Back to back 'oluwoleism'. grin

Let go of tribalism cos it won't take you anywhere good.

We need to start thinking beyond what policians keep using to divide the country and maintain their corrupt deathhold on the masses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Lexusgs430: 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
He used another name........ grin
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by hisexcellency34: 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
Charge and bail lawyer
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by omenka(m): 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
Bluntguy:
Jail term loading!!! Tinubu and his cronies are being slowly decapitated. Hmmmm!!!
You only added Tinubu's name to beg for Likes and shares. Your comments would grow cold and totally ignored if Tinubu isn't mentioned.

Shameful.

3 Likes

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by FirstSon01: 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
His cup of milk
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Amotekun777: 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
Abeg, make dem prosecute dis guy. Him arrogance no be for here, I swear!

1 Like

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Hoodgod(m): 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
[quote author=ifytrik post=92163955][/quote]i hear you secretary to chief judge of Naija grin
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by tammie24: 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
Opari!
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Emma1Oj(m): 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2020
Omo o..so we have been living on top of water unprotected thinking we r living on a solid ground? chai..!! and I v join in calling lawyer before o..

Now I kn evrytin is so possible in Nigeria.
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by kaytolee(m): 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2020
Who that one help

Check my signature for you data at very affordable price
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by olisaEze(m): 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2020
Na wa for who dey pursue dis man upandan since! Which kyn falling hand bi dis wan na? cheesy

All this can happen if ur friends start hailing u as "the bar"! "the bar"!! grin

People won’t quickly realize that they don’t mean the Nigerian Bar Association, rather you have been called to Peka Hotel Bar adjacent to Sweet Sensation in Allen! grin

2 Likes

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by lexy2014: 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2020
NOC1:
Are they talking about being a lawyer or a barrister?

People mistake this two things, however I read where they said he went to law school, he might have, but didn’t pass, so you can’t see his name on register but that doesn’t stop him from answering a law graduate.

On his biography as pasted here, he never claimed to have gone to Law School, he ended it at his University degree. If that’s what he has been using to work he has no problem.

Is just like an Engineering graduate who is not registered with COREN you have Engineering degree but you are not a registered Engineer but not human can stop you from saying you graduated as an Engineer from university.

I know same is applicable to pharmacy and Accountancy

Seems u didn't read d article & d C.V. intently:

"He is also described on the Assembly's website as graduating from the Nigerian Law School in 2007, a year after he obtained a Bachelor of Law degree from the Lagos State University".

7 Likes

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by lexy2014: 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2020
Lamasta:
This politicians have crippled the future not only the present of Nigeria, none of them must go scot free they must all vomit all our yam one after the other

I really don't think they will vomit anything because d people also feel d politicians have a responsibility to steal money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by bigfish3k: 3:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
Another Toronto and Chicago gate loading
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by able20(m): 3:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
They're champions their small god blessed them with scamming, fraud and forgery of documents, you can't take it away from them.
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by michoim(m): 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2020
TheFreeOne:

You can never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.
-Buckminster Fuller

Fellow Nigerians it's about time we change the narrative not just for ourselves but for our society, generations unborn and a better world.

It's about time we begin to let go of excuses, blame games and look within ourselves on how to make a better country out of the current mess, death of leadership, docility of followership and take up the mantle of responsibility of our actions and inactions.

The current crop of leaders won't help the masses aside themselves, families and cronies. The country belongs to all of us and there's urgent needs to demand accountability whilst at the same time we come to equity ourselves.

For me it's gonna be a new dawn.
How much had the previous crop of leaders helped the masses?
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Canada2021: 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2020
LegendHero:
The Supreme Court stated in the letter that:

He is at liberty to come to this honorable court with his Call to bar and qualifying certificates for enrollment.

Could it be the lawyers have to enroll to be included in the Rolls of Legal Practitioner record?
Yes on the day of your call to bar as a lawyer, you are required to proceed to the Supreme Court to submit your credentials like your call to bar certificate etc.. After a few months you will be given a Supreme Court number.

It is a mandatory custom for all lawyers to enroll immediately after call to bar

1 Like

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by ChickenHead(m): 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2020
watin beret no go see for mercy chinwo head shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Tolexandre: 3:36pm On Jul 27, 2020
Nemere2020:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/07/27/exclusive-no-record-lagos-assembly-speaker-obasa-lawyer-our-registry-supreme-court-0
Nobody can make that thug looking politician and illiterate a lawyer! He's not even sound even with expo, he still wont graduate
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Racoon(m): 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2020
Another "Oluwole certificate" scandal loading.

1 Like

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Naijasurveys(f): 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
Dear all, due to the increase in reports of many Nigerians experiencing recent loss of smell, loss of taste or both in the past few months, we wish to gather information as regards this for research purposes only. We humbly request anyone who has recently experienced loss of smell and/or taste to please participate. Your identity and responses in this study will be collated anonymously.

This survey takes less than 5 mins to fill and we will be grateful if you will kindly participate by clicking and forward this link to others. Thank you
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by bigfish3k: 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2020
lexy2014:

Seems u didn't read d article & d C.V. intently:

"He is also described on the Assembly's website as graduating from the Nigerian Law School in 2007, a year after he obtained a Bachelor of Law degree from the Lagos State University".
Don't mind the lazy bigoted youth.
He was in a hurry to defend mediocrity
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Newboss(m): 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2020
NOC1:
Are they talking about being a lawyer or a barrister?

People mistake this two things, however I read where they said he went to law school, he might have, but didn’t pass, so you can’t see his name on register but that doesn’t stop him from answering a law graduate.

On his biography as pasted here, he never claimed to have graduated from Law School, he ended it at his University degree. If that’s what he has been using to work he has no problem.

Is just like an Engineering graduate who is not registered with COREN you have Engineering degree but you are not a registered Engineer but not human can stop you from saying you graduated as an Engineer from university.

I know same is applicable to pharmacy and Accountancy

I love logical people. I wish more Nigerian would embrace logic
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by LegendHero(m): 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2020
Canada2021:
Yes on the day of your call to bar as a lawyer, you are required to proceed to the Supreme Court to submit your credentials like your call to bar certificate etc.. After a few months you will be given a Supreme Court number.

It is a mandatory custom for all lawyers to enroll immediately after call to bar

So I have a question.

Have you heard of any instance where a lawyer failed to submit his credentials on the first day but later had to enrol after many years?

If that is possible then Obasa can just give a reason for that but if not, then Obasa is a disgrace to anything he represents!
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by misterjosh(m): 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2020
Bluntguy:
Jail term loading!!! Tinubu and his cronies are being slowly decapitated. Hmmmm!!!

In this country that anything goes... I'm really afraid not... in saner climes he should have stepped down
or even booted out of office already from previous allegations against him.

1 Like

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by vegafbs: 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2020
Edo 2020: Commissioners Abandon Obaseki, Embrace Ize-Iyamu

https://theupdates.net/edo-2020-commissioners-abandon-obaseki-embrace-ize-iyamu/

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by TheFreeOne: 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
michoim:

How much had the previous crop of leaders helped the masses?

I am not talking party affiliation nor meant only current administration and I'll advise you do same.

Seriously we've had about the same set of politicians/retired soldiers running affairs of this country for decades and not limited to a particular party cos they keeps crosscarpeting almost every day to stay in corridors of power.
Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by Karlifate: 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2020
Maybe he's an 'honorary' lawyer.

1 Like

Re: No Record Of Obasa As A Lawyer In Our Registry - Supreme Court by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2020
LegendHero:
The Supreme Court stated in the letter that:

He is at liberty to come to this honorable court with his Call to bar and qualifying certificates for enrollment.

Could it be the lawyers have to enroll to be included in the Rolls of Legal Practitioner record?

No. They added that just in case it was their own oversight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Nigerians Importing Pizza From London With Their Phones / Ebonyi Youths Charter 911 For Relocation Of Fulanis That Arrived At Mid Night / Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.