Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) (37166 Views)

Agbor, Delta Road: Is This The Longest Traffic Jam In Nigeria? (Video) / VIP Lounge Of The Anambra International Airport (Video, Pictures) / My Aunty Saw 2 Hidden Passports Inside Slippers (Video, Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by Samcent: 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2020
IdowuRufai:

If you don’t know, please ask and do not Resort to insults that’s why Threads like this are created for educational purposes. Agbor is made up of a couple of kingdoms, I’m sure where you reside is Agbor Town and probably don’t know where this is. You have also heard of Agbor Railway complex in owa-oyibo area, it’s not in Agbor but it’s still named Agbor, same with Agbor village. Do you know Julius Berger had a big camp in Abavo, you must have seen their trucks often picking and dropping people in Agbor. The truth is, Julius Berger built this village and their staff lived here while they were walking on the rail project on this route, this village, that have everything, hospital, recreational facilities et al was somewhat their operational - live in, village.

When the project along this corridor was completed, this village- where they once lived was handed over to the federal government a couple of years back, I think in 2013.
Thanks for the enlightenment. I have been to this railway community some years back.
Trust me, a good number of people living in and around Agbor don't know about this railway village.

Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by Purebreedpigs: 7:00pm On Jul 28, 2020
senatepresido:
My main concern is that ;the names, LG and State of origin, RELIGION of the newly graduated set of Boko Haram members should be made public please

Something tells me I know wetin you want check for the list
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by Mars16(m): 7:08pm On Jul 28, 2020
Nigerians are now synonymous to mediocre. Does the person that started the project matters what matters is the lives of the people.
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by Elsiedaniels(f): 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2020
Here
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by AustineJohn908(m): 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2020
mamaafrik:
Two friends of mine one from SE and the other from North central brought an argument to me recently and i decided to throw it open to a wider intelligent audience about Lagos-kano and Lago_calabar rail line so i can arrive at my answer.When looking at the following factors:Economic,Financial,Tourism , Historical ,Administrative and social-cultural benefit accrued to the execution of these projects and the present factor at play of one already having an old gauge.

There is paucity of fund to face Both at a go,you can only execute one at a time ,which do you think should be executed first between Lagos-kano and Lagos-calabar route.
Let's put ourselves in our leaders shoes this time,imagine you are a a project engineer and also and project accountant at the same time.
Kindly explain reasons for your answers.
Why don't you create a thread and ask this
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:18pm On Jul 28, 2020
IdowuRufai:

Ye je tu Abavo, Ebe Julius Berger wo camp?
wene alua, ya Wu Abavo korinu, kwe na akpo na Agbor?
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by IdowuRufai: 7:27pm On Jul 28, 2020
Samcent:

Thanks for the enlightenment. I have been to this railway community some years back.
Trust me, a good number of people living in and around Agbor don't know about this railway village.
You’re correct, I visited friends that lived in this village too, nothing will take you there if you don’t have a friend there, they had their own security arrangement and was highly restricted. Well maybe also the Hospital, if you’re referred to their Hospital, back then the Hospital was quite a good one.
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by IdowuRufai: 7:30pm On Jul 28, 2020
Odidigboigbo:

Ya ro wene, ya marini, Agbor wu efa hini, Federal Government use-u, efa big towns d namu key projects Oge we plana .
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2020
IdowuRufai:

Ya ro wene, ya marini, Agbor wu efa hini, Federal Government use-u, efa big towns d name u key projects Oge we plana .
nsogbu Ari, ye me ye me. Osonobue ya gozi
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by favour32(m): 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2020
Odidigboigbo:
Na Igbo language hybrid be this?

Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:16pm On Jul 28, 2020
Let the people From Agbor speak!!
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by Uniquekriss(m): 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2020
OGhoney:
Where is the village oh i have been to almost every where in agbor and i have never seen or heard about any village oh
same with me. Plz where in agbor is this located?
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by Nairalandmonika: 9:02pm On Jul 28, 2020
mamaafrik:
Two friends of mine one from SE and the other from North central brought an argument to me recently and i decided to throw it open to a wider intelligent audience about Lagos-kano and Lago_calabar rail line so i can arrive at my answer.When looking at the following factors:Economic,Financial,Tourism , Historical ,Administrative and social-cultural benefit accrued to the execution of these projects and the present factor at play of one already having an old gauge.

There is paucity of fund to face Both at a go,you can only execute one at a time ,which do you think should be executed first between Lagos-kano and Lagos-calabar route.
Let's put ourselves in our leaders shoes this time,imagine you are a a project engineer and also and project accountant at the same time.
Kindly explain reasons for your answers.
Lagos n Calabar
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by Depressed101: 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Enjoy Agbor

I hope you people have steady electricity and security?
last time i was there, they give them at least 12hours daily.
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by Depressed101: 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Nice but they are all GEJ's projects
wrong this project was the brainchild of obasanjo

Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by Depressed101: 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2020
OGhoney:
Please where is the village oh
Cos i have been in agbor all my life and i have never seen or heard about any village
it's somewhere around oya oyibu/ofie
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by mamaafrik(m): 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Lagos n Calabar
why did you chose this
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by subcbouy: 9:24pm On Jul 28, 2020
Franking:
Nice but we need to maintain them. Agbor town proper.needs to be fixed too, most of their roads are terrible.
Okowa is a failure, even being his area, he cannot transform the place.
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by lozanni(m): 9:46pm On Jul 28, 2020
IdowuRufai:

Not anymore, Agbor - I mean including owa, have a good network of roads, thanks to the current governor. Most of the the roads have been constructed.

I learnt that the place is his hometown
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by IdowuRufai: 10:08pm On Jul 28, 2020
lozanni:

I learnt that the place is his hometown
Yeah, he grew up there.

Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by Odidigboigbo(m): 11:41pm On Jul 28, 2020
favour32:

Na Igbo language hybrid be this?
Igbo me? It's Ika Language
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by RTSC: 8:45am On Jul 29, 2020
subcbouy:
Okowa is a failure, even being his area, he cannot transform the place.
Agbor has excellent roads.
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by subcbouy: 10:24am On Jul 29, 2020
RTSC:
Agbor has excellent roads.
which Agbor? new site?
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by RTSC: 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2020
subcbouy:
which Agbor? new site?
Most parts of agbor, including owa. The major roads, especially.
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by senatepresido: 1:04pm On Jul 29, 2020
Purebreedpigs:

Something tells me I know wetin you want check for the list
lol... just for documentation bro
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by subcbouy: 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2020
RTSC:

Most parts of agbor, including owa.
The major roads, especially.
It is about 4 years now that I have been there. I know owa was under construction during that time but nothing was on in Agbor, though. If it is major roads, still nothing have been done because most of these minor roads or streets have long been dilapidated. It is not Agbor I used to know.
Re: Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) by IdowuRufai: 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2020
subcbouy:
It is about 4 years now that I have been there. I know owa was under construction during that time but nothing was on in Agbor, though. If it is major roads, still nothing have been done because most of these minor roads or streets have long been dilapidated. It is not Agbor I used to know.

I visited two years ago, the roads were in good condition, especially owa, most of the road there are tared, Agbor still has some roads that needs construction.

I Want To Change My Surname, Will It Affect Me In Any Way (travel Wise) / One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) / Floods Carry Vehicles In Niger State After Heavy Rain..