Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial (1322 Views)

India-bound Businessman Arrested With 9.40kg Heroin At Lagos Airport / Security Agencies Detain Reverend Father Timothy Ngwuta Since 2021 Without Trial / Supo Bamidele, Businessman Arrested With Human Parts In Osun (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by Kosiso12(f): 7:21am On Jul 28, 2020
How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Years Without Trial In Court

........ How they were moved from Ekwuloba SARS to Awkuzu SARS, Tortured Mercilessly

A popular Businessman, Mr Chukwujekwu Nwokeke, has been accused of arresting Master Dim Chikezie and five other boys since 2018 without charging them to court.

Speaking with IGBERE TV over the incident, a Nigerian activist, Elochukwu Ohagi, told our correspondent that the boys were Imprisoned despite not committing the crime which they were accused of doing in 2018.

According to him, the boys were accused of stealing Mr Nwokeke's property which led to their arrest while they were sleeping with their parents in the midnight.

HOW THE BOYS WERE ARRESTED

THE Nigerian Activist said : "Dim Chikezie, an inmate told me how he was sleeping in his father's house with his mother on 16th of February 2018 and there came this bang around 2am in the night. They first thought they were armed robbers. When they couldn't open the door, they climbed into the roof from the ceiling, got to the room and jumped in, destroying their ceiling. That was how all of them were rounded up and arrested that night in similar fashion.

Two or three days earlier, some thieves have gone to the house of Mr CHUKWUJEKWU NWOKEKE and made away with his properties. Mr CHUKWUJEKWU is an Onitsha based business man. He also plays politics. Those that knew him very well told me he is a staunch member of PDP. He constantly brags of his connections with Arthur Eze to the villagers who sings his praises. Mr CHUKWUJEKWU is literally worshiped in his village. The kings and cabinets honours him. He didn't fail to extend his philanthropy to Ikenga people during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Mr CHUKWUJEKWU needed to show example with some people. He went to the village security, who immediately brought forward names of some vulnerable boys as suspects. Ikenga vigilant went for children of widows and orphans. Three of the boys were orphans, while the remaining three are children of widows and a single mother. They needed those that can't put up a fight and these boys became appropriate. Their crime is being no bodies in Ikenga, where there are rich men like Mr CHUKWUJEKWU NWOKEKE.

Mr CHUKWUJEKWU used Ekwuloba SARS to get the unfortunate boys arrested. At first, in Ekwuloba, they were charged with Break and Enter. Statements were made and the boys denied any knowledge of the incident. But it seems their accuser is out to deal with them.

They were moved from Ekwuloba SARS to Awkuzu SARS. That was exactly where they saw hell. According to Chikezie, one of the accused, no one can survive that torture. Hanging they called it. Virtually all of them in the SARS net accepted they stole the property as the result of the grievous torture. Chikezie even told me how he told them the entire property was packed inside their house. When SARS took him to their house and recovered nothing, he received another round of beating right their in his late father's house.

Chikezie who works as a Mason is now being paraded as a common thief. The popular opinion in Ikanga is that Mr CHUKWUJEKWU NWOKEKE allegedly went to a certain native doctor in Nsukka who said it was these boys that stole the missing properties.

Mr Chikezie Dim showed me his shoulders, how they were broken. He showed me his wrists, they are making kron-kron sounds as he rotates them. A sign they were still broken. Right there in Awkuzu SARS, they were so tortured that they couldn't walk with their legs. Mr CHUKWUJEKWU NWOKEKE gave order that anyone that came for them should be arrested. That was how one of the mothers of the inmates, a single mother was detained in SARS for one night. To avade the human Rights personnel that do visits Awkuzu SARS at intervals to make sure no one stays there pass two weeks, SARS will always take the accused to other places, only to bring them back whenever the human rights personnel must have gone. These boys stayed in Awkuzu SARS for 6 weeks before they were reminded in prison. They were forced to sign a plain sheet each as their statement.
It means that their accuser together with the SARS wrote their statements. This I was made to understand, is not new to those that have had encounter with Awkuzu SARS.

One of them that was arrested were released in Awkuzu before they were taken to prison in 2018. They said he is innocent. How they determined his innocency and found others guilty is what I can't tell.

When Mr CHUKWUJEKWU NWOKEKE found out that the Charge of Break and Enter won't take the boys to prison, he manoeuvred his way and smuggled in Armed Robbery charge. The only court they attended till this day was the sitting that reminded them in prison. It has been adjournment upon adjournment.

The questions begging for answers are...

How is it that these six boys have been in prison without the court hearing their case?

Who is behind the numerous adjournment being suffered in this case?

If indeed they have evidence against these boys, why are they evading court hearing using dubious adjournment?

Why are the lawyers handling this case not worried about the numerous adjournment?

Why was the charge of Break and Enter changed to Armed Robbery?

How come these so called Armed Robbers were arrested in their different homes?

How did they come to know it was these boys that stole the properties?

How come they released one of them during their days in Awkuzu SARS, and held onto these six?

How is it that the only people arrested where sons of widows, single mother and orphans? A coincidence or what?

Are the six accused not entitled to fair hearing?

Personally, I think this is purely a case of rascal intimidation. A rich man wants to intimidate people he thinks he can put away without anyone blinking an eye.

I therefore call on Human Rights lawyers, Activists, Amnesty International, Journalists and good people of the world to rise up and help these boys not just to regain their freedom, but get adequate compensation for this illegal imprisonment."

EFFORTS TO RELEASE THE BOYS PROVED ABORTIVE

According to the man "On 17th of July 2020 I left my base to Ekwuloba for a court case involving Mr Dim Chikezie and five other accused. I arrived the court some minutes to 10 o'clock Am. The accused ought to have sited in the court waiting for the Judge to come, but non was around, except these two inmates on blue uniform, with their hands handcuffed to each other. The court didn't sit because the judge was absent."

"The court was adjourned once again like they have been doing from the inception of this case since nearly three years ago."

"I got information that Mr CHUKWUJEKWU NWOKEKE Popularly known as OKPOLE was in that same court a day to 16th, together with some of the lawyers in charge of the case. What he was there to do on a day Lawyers went to apply for bail application, no one knows. But the case was once again adjourned till September 25th."

"I left the court with Mr Dim Jimeto Chinazam the brother to one of the accused and we headed to Ekwuloba Prison to see the inmates."

"The prison looks dirty and unkempt. The prison wardens were in high spirit. I was told if we didn't grace their palms, we can't see the inmates. I saw them extort money from my companion. You will pay at the gate and also at the entrance to the prison. After all the ugly rituals that made Nigeria what it is, the inmates came to meet us. They appeared cheerful and in high spirits. But immediately I started talking to them, all the cheerfulness made a dash and left them."

"What do you think made your case not to hold today in court? I asked them. They all said they don't know, or something that sounded like that. Don't you think something is wrong somewhere? How is it that since close to 3 years you all are held in prison, it has been adjournments upon adjournments. Is something not fishy? I probed further. Immediately, their facial outlook changed. They seemed to have taken a swift flashback and noticed same thing. It couldn't have been a coincidence that their hearing always get postponed za for more than 2 and half years now. Somebody is definitely pressing some buttons."

https://igberetvnews.com/1359612/popular-businessman-arrested-six-boys-imprisoned-3-yrs-without-trial-court/

Re: How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by Simplyleo: 7:22am On Jul 28, 2020
In all honesty, the moment I saw the headline, I already knew who it must be.
Re: How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by Temitopemo6e6(m): 7:22am On Jul 28, 2020
What you got ain’t nothing new. This country is hard on people. You can’t stop what’s comin’. Ain’t all waitin’ on you. Just pray for grace
Re: How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by sinistermind(m): 7:33am On Jul 28, 2020
This is quite sad really. This are stories that are meant to trend online until it reaches the right quarters. There are big men in these villages that think they own everyone there and believes things that happen in the village cannot get to the outside world. Let's use the power of social media to fight these tyranny. It is really unfortunate.

2 Likes

Re: How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by Kosiso12(f): 7:36am On Jul 28, 2020
Cc, Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by PlayerMeji: 7:50am On Jul 28, 2020
Hmmn
Re: How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by punisha: 8:24am On Jul 28, 2020
Such wickedness.
Re: How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by Jasseyfrd(m): 9:30am On Jul 28, 2020
embarassed may God help each and every NIGERIA citizen going through though time
Re: How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by GreaterFuture(m): 9:52am On Jul 28, 2020
Simplyleo:
In all honesty, the moment I saw the headline, I already knew who it must be.

Who? How do you know? Do you live in Onitsha? Are you aware of their stories B4? Or is this Rich man infamous for this behavior?
Re: How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by GreaterFuture(m): 9:53am On Jul 28, 2020
Temitopemo6e6:
You can’t stop what’s comin’.
What is coming?
Re: How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by Temitopemo6e6(m): 11:15am On Jul 28, 2020
GreaterFuture:

What is coming?
more wickness from your leader
Re: How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by Passionate888: 11:54am On Jul 28, 2020
Na them na Ndi biafala.
Re: How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by allen113: 12:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
hmm
Re: How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by Authoreety: 9:26pm On Jul 28, 2020
If these guys are innocent then doom awaits their accusers....
Surely. They shall not escape their doom
Re: How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by prince2pac(m): 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2020
Bad

Re: How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by merieam16(f): 1:32am On Jul 29, 2020
Wicked people everywhere
Re: How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by Jabioro: 2:08am On Jul 29, 2020
Injustice,the police help to achieve it,the judge assisted to let it get on and the prison official eat from the table of injustice.The authority has gone to sleep..
Re: How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by otipoju(m): 2:12am On Jul 29, 2020
If I was a relative to any one of these young men and I know for sure 100% that my person is innocent...that Big Man that is oppressing them will not sit down in one place.

I will creatively design how to make his life interesting and execute it with style.

1 Like

Re: How Popular Businessman Arrested Six Boys, Imprisoned Them For Yrs Without Trial by davillian(m): 9:10am On Jul 29, 2020
Only men with 9 lives survives akwuzu SARS tuture....
I'm still wondering why nothing has been done regarding the complain.....
The Nigerian police is one of the major problem in Nigeria
Is it constitutional for suspects to be turture to make confessional statements
This is a shit hole and anything goes asking as it doesn't affect the elites then it's not a problem in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Igbos Must Tackle The Ikwerre Question Now! / Phone Snatchers Stab Son Of EX NTA DG To Death In Kaduna A Week After Employment / My Five Sons Want To Kill Me – 64-year-old Man Cries Out Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.