Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation (578 Views)

Events Of The Great Tribulation / What Will Be The Fate Of Samuel Akinbodunse, Now That Buhari Has Won? / The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by OkCornel(m): 12:25pm On Jul 28, 2020
This got me thinking. Fate of pregnant women and sucklings in the coming persecution.

I shudder at the thought.

Spare a thought for persecuted believers in China, the Middle East, Northern Nigeria, Somalia and other places I can’t recall.

Modified:
The sad fate of some of the early believers;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biH0PDMo23E

2 Likes

Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by petra1(m): 2:34pm On Jul 28, 2020
OkCornel:
This got me thinking. Fate of pregnant women and sucklings in the coming persecution.

That’s why they need to respond to Gods word today

Luke 21:23
23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

That’s why you need to respond to Gods word today
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by OkCornel(m): 2:41pm On Jul 28, 2020
petra1:

23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

Not exactly sure what you mean on the bolded part. That if I get to respond to God’s word, I’ll be totally devoid of feelings and be comfortable seeing pregnant women and sucklings in such distress?

Cmon man, I just feel compassionate for this category of humans particularly (and the aged as well) that’s all...

I’m curious as to why you left out this part below though.

Spare a thought for persecuted believers in China, the Middle East, Northern Nigeria, Somalia and other places I can’t recall.
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2020
The thought of what the persecuted, especially the elderly, pregnant women as well as those with little infants go through will make even a hardened heart cringe. Many a pregnant women have got their womb ripped and had babies dug out, and many children have been orphaned cos of the present persecution in many quarters all over the world.

I pray comfort and strength... inner strength for those going through the heat at the moment, and for all believers all over cos either we like it or not we will be persecuted. Strength is needed to stand...having done all.
OkCornel:

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 28, 2020
Will response to the word of God prevent persecution?
petra1:

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Jul 28, 2020
OkCornel:
This entire generation will die without seeing the coming 'persecution' you all continue to 'yap' about. What you and those of you who claim to believe ought to busy yourselves with is surrendering in obedience to Jesus Christ's commandment so that the Light, which is Jesus Christ, can shine through you and in turn be used in saving others like yourselves and those who are in the world
God knows those who are His and He knows what to do for them.
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by OkCornel(m): 12:01am On Jul 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
This entire generation will die without seeing the coming 'persecution' you all continue to 'yap' about. What you and those of you who claim to believe ought to busy yourselves with is surrendering in obedience to Jesus Christ's commandment so that the Light, which is Jesus Christ, can shine through you and in turn be used in saving others like yourselves and those who are in the world
God knows those who are His and He knows what to do for them.

Persecution has been there from time immemorial. Nothing new under the sun. Don’t be too hasty to conclude. Time will tell

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by Kobojunkie: 12:09am On Jul 29, 2020
OkCornel:
Persecution has been there from time immemorial. Nothing new under the sun. Don’t be too hasty to conclude. Time will tell
Conclude about what? That nothing like what you are all afraid of is going to happen in the next 98years ? Oh, I know!
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by OkCornel(m): 8:18am On Jul 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Conclude about what? That nothing like what you are all afraid of is going to happen in the next 98years ? Oh, I know!

Does this mean the persecution of believers in China, Middle East and other pockets of the world are lies?

And you’re certain of your conclusions based on what premise? I didn’t put any timeline with regards to the ‘great tribulation’, but I really want to know why you’re absolutely certain this will not happen in our lifetime.

Anyways, time will tell who is right and who is wrong.

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by karo93: 8:22am On Jul 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I agree with you..... nobody currently alive will see these things they so scared and anxious about. They will all die and meet their maker like billions before them.

Thats why the whole 666 antichrist rapture fear is just annoying
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by Kobojunkie: 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2020
OkCornel:

Does this mean the persecution of believers in China, Middle East and other pockets of the world are lies?
People have been enduring persecution in the name of Jesus Christ since the 1st century and that fact has remained to this day. That you are only now waking up to a reality that has been for over 2000 years is no reason for cause anxiety in others supposedly in the name of God.
OkCornel:

And you’re certain of your conclusions based on what premise? I didn’t put any timeline with regards to the ‘great tribulation’, but I really want to know why you’re absolutely certain this will not happen in our lifetime.
I am very certain- more certain than the many fake prophets and rapture/tribulation doctrine pushers out there.
OkCornel:

Anyways, time will tell who is right and who is wrong.
Be careful cause time is promised no one.
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by OkCornel(m): 1:59pm On Jul 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
People have been enduring persecution in the name of Jesus Christ since the 1st century and that fact has remained to this day. That you are only now waking up to a reality that has been for over 2000 years is no reason for cause anxiety in others supposedly in the name of God.

Lmao. I think the bolded is totally unnecessary, you just hopped onto this thread and “assumed” I’m just waking up to “reality”? Sounds like you’ve known me since forever cheesy

Besides, what’s the point you’re making on anxiety?

Kobojunkie:

I am very certain- more certain than the many fake prophets and rapture/tribulation doctrine pushers out there.
Be careful cause time is promised no one.

Guy, you haven’t given me any answer as to why you think you’re certain this wouldn’t happen in our lifetime.

As you can see I did not put any timeline in the OP, but you are very certain this isn’t gonna happen so please, what’s the basis for your conclusion? I wanna know.

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by Kobojunkie: 2:31pm On Jul 29, 2020
OkCornel:

Lmao. I think the bolded is totally unnecessary, you just hopped onto this thread and “assumed” I’m just waking up to “reality”? Sounds like you’ve known me since forever cheesy
What Jesus taught about persecutions started almost before His death. It's been 2000 Years and what many should have gathered by now is that there is need to focus on doing God's Will as Jesus Christ did every single day of our lives, not harp about a supposed end to it all, an end that Jesus Christ made clear that no one knows of when it will be.
Imagine it for a second... 2000years of false alarms and you wonder why the world thinks Christians are bat-poo crazy. undecided
OkCornel:

Besides, what’s the point you’re making on anxiety?
We ought to be more focused on the works of righteousness which will in fact get one into heaven than trying to figure out what is to come. Jesus Christ did not warn His followers of an end so they could all abandon the works He commanded of them to instead focus on terrifying people with suppositions.
OkCornel:

Guy, you haven’t given me any answer as to why you think you’re certain this wouldn’t happen in our lifetime.
There are somethings I know that you will not and that is one of those things.
I don't owe you any answers on that but you can be certain of what thing that is certain to all men, and that is death... It comes to us all and it comes unannounced. Are you ready for it? You are best preparing yourself instead for that than you are for some phantom rapture idea you have managed to cook up.
You don't have to preach about death either since it is not rocket science to anyone, plus Jesus Christ never preached of death to His disciples either.
OkCornel:

As you can see I did not put any timeline in the OP, but you are very certain this isn’t gonna happen so please, what’s the basis for your conclusion? I wanna know.
My conclusion is that after 2000 years, it is safe to conclude that each one should be more concerned with living one's life according to the will of God rather than pretending this is a group deal.
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by OkCornel(m): 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What Jesus taught about persecutions started almost before His death. It's been 2000 Years and what many should have gathered by now is that there is need to focus on doing God's Will as Jesus Christ did every single day of our lives, not harp about a supposed end to it all, an end that Jesus Christ made clear that no one knows of when it will be.
Imagine it for a second... 2000years of false alarms and you wonder why the world thinks Christians are bat-poo crazy. undecided
We ought to be more focused on the works of righteousness which will in fact get one into heaven than trying to figure out what is to come. Jesus Christ did not warn His followers of an end so they could all abandon the works He commanded of them to instead focus on terrifying people with suppositions.
There are somethings I know that you will not and that is one of those things.
I don't owe you any answers on that but you can be certain of what thing that is certain to all men, and that is death... It comes to us all and it comes unannounced. Are you ready for it? You are best preparing yourself instead for that than you are for some phantom rapture idea you have managed to cook up.
You don't have to preach about death either since it is not rocket science to anyone, plus Jesus Christ never preached of death to His disciples either.

My conclusion is that after 2000 years, it is safe to conclude that each one should be more concerned with living one's life according to the will of God rather than pretending this is a group deal.

And what do you make of the prophecies written in the book of Revelation? Is that a false alarm too? Given that 2000 years has passed since it was written?
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2020
OkCornel:

And what do you make of the prophecies written in the book of Revelation? Is that a false alarm too? Given that 2000 years has passed since it was written?
Two things we all know of here.

A) the Spirit of God does not grant us all the ability to interpret dreams, particularly the dreams of others. If we are to follow the claims of Paul, we can safely conclude that interpretation of dreams(particularly another's dreams) is not promised any follower of Jesus Christ.

B) The entire book of Revelation is John the apostles dream vision, a vision he had while in captivity on the island of pathmos.

So if anyone claims to read literally from said dream claims a literal interpretation needs to get his/her head checked.

And if anyone pretends to read additional meaning into what is written there, pretending a "special interpretation" has been provided by the Spirit of God, such a person will need to show evidence that the interpretation of John's dream indeed comes from the Spirit of God and not some other source.
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by OkCornel(m): 4:17pm On Jul 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Two things we all know of here.

A) the Spirit of God does not grant us all the ability to interpret dreams, particularly the dreams of others. If we are to follow the claims of Paul, we can safely conclude that interpretation of dreams(particularly another's dreams) is not promised any follower of Jesus Christ.

B) The entire book of Revelation is John the apostles dream vision, a vision he had while in captivity on the island of pathmos.

So if anyone claims to read literally from said dream claims a literal interpretation needs to get his/her head checked.

And if anyone pretends to read additional meaning into what is written there, pretending a "special interpretation" has been provided by the Spirit of God, such a person will need to show evidence that the interpretation of John's dream indeed comes from the Spirit of God and not some other source

Of course, there is no "special interpretation" needed to understand the persecution written of in the book of Revelation 13 v 15-17;
15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.
16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads,
17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

So what exactly is the point you're trying to make? On one hand you're saying we shouldn't take it literally, and on the other hand you're saying no interpretation is required.

1) What then do we make of the above passage? Discard it to help manage "anxiety"?

2) Has Revelation 13 v 15-17 been fulfilled? And why are you 100% certain this would not happen in our lifetime?

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by Kobojunkie: 5:59pm On Jul 29, 2020
OkCornel:
Of course, there is no "special interpretation" needed to understand the persecution written of in the book of Revelation 13 v 15-17;
So you take what is written in that book as it is written, a dream/vision that is taken as is? undecided
Here's a dream of mine. In that dream I was approached by a man who informed me of a protest in the next town that I needed to be a part of. In response, I got up and flew from my front door to join a protest and during the protests I had to fight a dragon which kept spewing fire in the way of the protestor. Still in the dream, I slew the dragon, and all the protestors in celebration had a feast... feasted on the barbecued remains of the dragon.
So, @OkCornel, are you suggesting that you would also take elements of my dream as presented and apply them to the real world too? Basically, do you believe that I literally will slay a dragon when next at a protest rally of sorts? Do you also believe that the events of my future will exactly mirror the events in my dream too?
OkCornel:
So what exactly is the point you're trying to make? On one hand you're saying we shouldn't take it literally, and on the other hand you're saying no interpretation is required.
What I am saying is "LEAVE IT ALONE"... Jesus Christ sent us out to preach His Gospel, not John's dream.
Anyone out there preaching John's dream needs to reassess their claim to be of Jesus Christ.
OkCornel:
1) What then do we make of the above passage? Discard it to help manage "anxiety"?
2) Has Revelation 13 v 15-17 been fulfilled? And why are you 100% certain this would not happen in our lifetime?
Again, Jesus Christ's commandment to His followers is that they go out to preach exactly what He taught them and exactly as He taught them.
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by OkCornel(m): 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
So you take what is written in that book as it is written, a dream/vision that is taken as is? undecided
Here's a dream of mine. In that dream I was approached by a man who informed me of a protest in the next town that I needed to be a part of. In response, I got up and flew from my front door to join a protest and during the protests I had to fight a dragon which kept spewing fire in the way of the protestor. Still in the dream, I slew the dragon, and all the protestors in celebration had a feast... feasted on the barbecued remains of the dragon.
So, @OkCornel, are you suggesting that you would also take elements of my dream as presented and apply them to the real world too? Basically, do you believe that I literally will slay a dragon when next at a protest rally of sorts? Do you also believe that the events of my future will exactly mirror the events in my dream too?
What I am saying is "LEAVE IT ALONE"... Jesus Christ sent us out to preach His Gospel, not John's dream.
Anyone out there preaching John's dream needs to reassess their claim to be of Jesus Christ.
Again, Jesus Christ's commandment to His followers is that they go out to preach exactly what He taught them and exactly as He taught them.

Lol, so in essence...you're telling us to leave out the revelations of John from Jesus Himself?

Very very interesting...

Dude, if this thread makes you uncomfortable or triggers your anxiety, give yourself some peace and exit this thread. After all, you weren't under any compulsion to comment on this thread.

Cheers
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Jul 29, 2020
OkCornel:
Lol, so in essence...you're telling us to leave out the revelations of John from Jesus Himself?
Very very interesting...
Dude, if this thread makes you uncomfortable or triggers your anxiety, give yourself some peace and exit this thread. After all, you weren't under any compulsion to comment on this thread.
Cheers
The Thread does not make me 'uncomfortable'. What I am against is sitting back watching people like you who admit that it is lunacy to pretend dreams should be interpreted literally, and also admit that the Spirit of God does not provide 'special interpretations' to said dreams, going around preaching that which Jesus Christ never commanded or told them to, in the name of God. undecided
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by OkCornel(m): 6:24pm On Jul 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The Thread does not make me 'uncomfortable'. What I am against is sitting back watching people like you who admit that it is lunacy to pretend dreams should be interpreted literally, and also admit that the Spirit of God does not provide 'special interpretations' to said dreams, going around preaching that which Jesus Christ never commanded or told them to, in the name of God. undecided

1) So are you telling us John acted wrongly by documenting the visions Jesus showed him in the book of Revelation?

Revelation 1 v 1;
The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John

2) I have told you Revelation 13 v 15-17 which spoke of a great persecution needs no 'special interpretation', you're also telling us not to take it literally... so what do we do with it? Ignore it? Discard it?

15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.
16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads,
17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

I'm still amused because you haven't made any point on this thread so far... contradicting yourself that we shouldn't take a vision literally and at the same time, not to interpret it (which I've not even done so far on this thread)

Or could it be you're just craving for attention? undecided
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Jul 29, 2020
grin
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by OkCornel(m): 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
grin

Na wa for you o
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2020
OkCornel:
Na wa for you o
Sorry, I posted an entry on the wrong thread there. Now where were we? cool
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by OkCornel(m): 6:56pm On Jul 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Sorry, I posted an entry on the wrong thread there. Now where were we? cool

You're on your own

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2020
OkCornel:
1) So are you telling us John acted wrongly by documenting the visions Jesus showed him in the book of Revelation?
John the apostle had a dream and decided to write his dream/visions down. I don't see anything wrong in what He did.
OkCornel:

Revelation 1 v 1;
The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John
You do know that the above line was written in the third person, right? i.e. the line above was not written by John the apostle himself
OkCornel:
2) I have told you Revelation 13 v 15-17 which spoke of a great persecution needs no 'special interpretation', you're also telling us not to take it literally... so what do we do with it? Ignore it? Discard it?
Are you suggesting that some parts of the dream can be read LITERALLY and some parts cannot?
In my dream sequence, the part which spoke of protests needed no 'special interpretation' as well, but did you interpret that dream LITERALLY too?
OkCornel:
I'm still amused because you haven't made any point on this thread so far... contradicting yourself that we shouldn't take a vision literally and at the same time, not to interpret it (which I've not even done so far on this thread)

Or could it be you're just craving for attention? undecided
Denying what has been said is not going to make it go away. I have thoroughly and clearly made several points to you so far, points which you have yourself acknowledged severally, even as you continue to deny what is right in front of you.
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2020
OkCornel:

Jesus' statement is like a serious warning to his followers!
They mustn't think like unbelievers who views the children they have as their own, but as God's own kept in their care! Psalms 127:3
Most people takes the children as their special possession, but during the great tribulations when evil strikes everywhere, most parents will have to bury their own children, those nursing will find it difficult to cope because things will be really difficult for those trying to live a righteous life, many of their husbands will be arrested and persecuted, some of their young ones will be taken away from them by the persecutors who will claim believers are brainwashing their children, the persecutors will have no mercy for nursing mother who are believers!

So Jesus is hereby warning Christians not to see this life as what belongs to them, they must fully focus on entering God's kingdom where they will find their exquisite delight in the abundance of PEACE! Psalms 37:9-11

During the great tribulations Christians have no right because our rights as citizens will be denied and we shouldn't count whatever we have as our own as the authorities by then will be fully under the control of Satan. To cut the long story short Jesus was referring to the greatest tribulation ever on this planet (the time of 666). Revelations 13:16-18 compare with Matthew 24:15-22

God bless you! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Jul 29, 2020
OkCornel:
You're on your own
NEVER!
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by OkCornel(m): 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
John the apostle had a dream and decided to write his dream/visions down. I don't see anything wrong in what He did.
Was it Jesus who revealed all those things to him? Yes or No.

Kobojunkie:

You do know that the above line was written in the third person, right? i.e. the line above was not written by John the apostle himself
In other words, Jesus didn't reveal anything to John? Yes or No

Kobojunkie:

Are you suggesting that some parts of the dream can be read LITERALLY and some parts cannot?
Smh, I'll repeat this, Revelation 13 v 14-16 is self explanatory. Mass persecution and killings of those who do not conform to the world system. Today we can see this at play in China and North Korea is an example to a certain degree. Or early believers who were tortured and killed in the Roman empire... that's the core of the OP, and not the entire book of Revelation. Stick to the scope.

Kobojunkie:

In my dream sequence, the part which spoke of protests needed no 'special interpretation' as well, but did you interpret that dream LITERALLY too?
Denying what has been said is not going to make it go away. I have thoroughly and clearly made several points to you so far, points which you have yourself acknowledged severally, even as you continue to deny what is right in front of you.

Your dreams are of no importance to me. Or did you get any message from Jesus you want to pass across? Nah...

Moreover, if you're familiar with the dream/visions of Joseph and Daniel and how these came to pass...I really wonder what you're dragging on with John's visions from Jesus here...
Re: The Fate Of Pregnant Women In The Great Tribulation by OkCornel(m): 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2020
Maximus69:

Jesus' statement is like a serious warning to his followers!
They mustn't think like unbelievers who views the children they have as their own, but as God's own kept in their care! Psalms 127:3
Most people takes the children as their special possession, but during the great tribulations when evil strikes everywhere, most parents will have to bury their own children, those nursing will find it difficult to cope because things will be really difficult for those trying to live a righteous life, many of their husbands will be arrested and persecuted, some of their young ones will be taken away from them by the persecutors who will claim believers are brainwashing their children, the persecutors will have no mercy for nursing mother who are believers!

So Jesus is hereby warning Christians not to see this life as what belongs to them, they must fully focus on entering God's kingdom where they will find their exquisite delight in the abundance of PEACE! Psalms 37:9-11

During the great tribulations Christians have no right because our rights as citizens will be denied and we shouldn't count whatever we have as our own as the authorities by then will be fully under the control of Satan. To cut the long story short Jesus was referring to the greatest tribulation ever on this planet (the time of 666). Revelations 13:16-18 compare with Matthew 24:15-22

God bless you! smiley

Well spoken. God bless you too!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Adekunle Gold Offers Pastor Sam Adeyemi Beer, Check Out Pastor’s Response. / What Is This Dream? / 5 Ways To Overcome Satanic Oppression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.