Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? (2151 Views)

Please Lawyers In The House, Can I Sue My Employer? / Can I Sue My Employer For This?? / Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? by Firstnebo: 12:45pm On Jul 28, 2020
Jumia saved my debit cards information on their website without my permission.

I did not mind at first. Now I wanted to remove them and found out there is no option to remove them.

What kind of criminally suspicious activity is this?

1) No option to deactivate your account on Jumia

2) Saved your card details without asking for permission

3) No clear option to remove these details

4) No option to change your email address. (What if your email account falls into wrong hands?)

I have been having restless nights because of Jumia. How can I sue them for trying to kill me with depressions, or make me commit suicide.

Jumia wants to steal money
Re: How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? by dimexy247(m): 12:48pm On Jul 28, 2020
Lol, you're so funny.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? by CyberEBOLA(m): 1:26pm On Jul 28, 2020
Firstnebo:

I did not mind at first. Now I wanted to remove them and found out there is no option to remove them.

4) No option to change your email address. (What if your email account falls into wrong hands?)

I have been having restless nights because of Jumia. How can I sue them for trying to kill me with depressions, or make me commit suicide.

Hahahaha!
Note: You are not the only one using jumia, there are probably thousands of other users whose credit card details appears partially and privately on jumia site, and none have complained of their funds being wiped by jumia.

With this publicity of yours, you will only end up drawing more attention to your credit card details out of the thousands of credit details at their disposal, and that attention might actually lead to that thing you fear(wiped funds).

If you are too worried, visit your bank and disable the atm card, then apply for a new one.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? by Goldencheese(m): 1:49pm On Jul 28, 2020
I couldn't have said it better. Thanks

CyberEBOLA:

Hahahaha!
Note: You are not the only one using jumia, there are probably thousands of other users whose credit card details appears partially and privately on jumia site, and none have complained of their funds being wiped by jumia.

With this publicity of yours, you will only end up drawing more attention to your credit card details out of the thousands of credit details at their disposal, and that attention might actually lead to that thing you fear(wiped funds).

If you are too worried, visit your bank and disable the atm card, then apply for a new one.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? by Goldencheese(m): 1:50pm On Jul 28, 2020
Steal money? This is laughable. We are in the digital age and no one can access your bank account that easily because your account must be linked to a phone number which I am sure is in your care right now. Relax

Firstnebo:

Re: How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? by missjekyll: 3:36pm On Jul 28, 2020
Firstnebo:

would you like to call jumia and ask about all this then? They will answer your questions and clear any doubts.
Re: How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? by Firstnebo: 9:38pm On Jul 28, 2020
missjekyll:

would you like to call jumia and ask about all this then? They will answer your questions and clear any doubts.

Yes I would.

The number I saw on their page is a line that is on answering machine and not even toll free
Re: How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? by Firstnebo: 9:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
Goldencheese:
Steal money? This is laughable. We are in the digital age and no one can access your bank account that easily because your account must be linked to a phone number which I am sure is in your care right now. Relax

Do you support them not asking permission to store this information? And no clear way to delete it?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? by Firstnebo: 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2020
CyberEBOLA:

Hahahaha!

I should visit my bank and deactivate my ATM card, then apply for a new one?

I don't blame you, this is what growing up in Nigeria has done to our brains

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? by Firstnebo: 9:42pm On Jul 28, 2020
dimexy247:
Lol, you're so funny.

I am serious. I need advice either how to get my card details off that site, or sue them
Re: How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? by CyberEBOLA(m): 10:11pm On Jul 28, 2020
Firstnebo:

I should visit my bank and deactivate my ATM card, then apply for a new one?

I don't blame you, this is what growing up in Nigeria has done to our brains
Hahahaha! Unfortunately, you are the one who lacks a working brain.

If your brain wasn't dead, you would have known that when you deactivate an ATM card and apply for a new one, the serial number and the CCV of the new one will be different from the former one.

So anyone with the details on the old(deactivate) atm card, can't tamper with your funds.

Honestly, you need a brain transplant. grin
Re: How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? by Firstnebo: 11:52pm On Jul 28, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
Hahahaha! Unfortunately, you are the one who lacks a working brain.

If your brain wasn't dead, you would have known that when you deactivate an ATM card and apply for a new one, the serial number and the CCV of the new one will be different from the former one.

So anyone with the details on the old(deactivate) atm card, can't tamper with your funds.

Honestly, you need a brain transplant. grin

So anytime I shop on Jumia, I go for a new ATM? Because of their lack of professionalism

1 Like

Re: How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? by CyberEBOLA(m): 11:53pm On Jul 28, 2020
Firstnebo:

So anytime I shop on Jumia, I go for a new ATM? Because of their lack of professionalism
Quit shopping there.
Re: How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? by Goldencheese(m): 4:06am On Jul 29, 2020
Firstnebo:

Do you support them not asking permission to store this information? And no clear way to delete it?

I don't really know what you mean by storing your information without your permission because you didn't show any proof and like someone said, if you even show a proof, you are just advertising your bank details to the world. But if you insist, you can sue them and have your day in court. All the best.
Re: How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? by Firstnebo: 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2020
Goldencheese:

I don't really know what you mean by storing your information without your permission because you didn't show any proof and like someone said, if you even show a proof, you are just advertising your bank details to the world. But if you insist, you can sue them and have your day in court. All the best.

What I meant by permission is, I typed in my details to shop, and it was automatically saved.

That wouldn't be much an issue, if they also have a method for you to remove it when you wish
Re: How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? by Firstnebo: 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
Quit shopping there.

Okay. But my current concern is to get my card deleted from the site.

I need the way to do this. I imagine that someone somewhere on this site must have tackled this issue with them
Re: How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? by Saao(m): 6:46pm On Jul 29, 2020
How much you get? Check very well, the op no get money for his account. I used jumia today and my card is linked to it as well but first, u agreed to the terms and conditions before you proceed again most importantly, your Security is not linked to it so without your Security you can't complete your transaction. You agreed before they saved your details.

(1) (Reply)

Where Do You Work? / Phonics Training In Lagos. Don't Be Left Out / She Was Very Rude As My Superior In The Office But Now Tables Have Turned.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.