Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? (32566 Views)

Can I Sue My Employer For This?? / Lady Sacked For Telling Her Best Friend To Stop Dating Her Boss / Lady Sacked On Her First Day Of Work After Asking Her Boss This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by NewDadTroubles(m): 8:51am On Mar 06, 2022
Good morning Nairaland

I'm going to be as explicit as possible and I need professional legal counsel/inputs to the issue stated below. (Pardon all blunders biko)

My wife recently got fed up with her place of work and decided to tender her resignation letter. She happens to be in the teaching profession and we all know what goes on in the private teaching schools (Most anyways).

On Friday the 4th of March which was supposed to be her final day at the school, the school's HM instructed her phone to put her phone on her desk (HM's) on the pretense that it was an open day and didn't want her distracted. She did exactly that and the day went just fine, after which, she dropped all the school's materials/properties with her and left.
On getting home, she went through her phone and discovered that her WhatsApp messages and conversations had been deleted, text messages deleted, all her contacts deleted, and all chats on her phone read. As if that wasn't enough, a few of her contacts called her to tell her they received messages from the school asking what her relationship was with them? Imagine!!!

Moreover, I think it is also good I state the fact that she and the HM haven't been best of friends due to an event that happened sometimes back between both parties. But for her to pick up her phone and go through it, and not just that, but also deleting her chats and wiping off contacts, deleting photos that has to do with the school, that's to the extreme haba!!!

Is there any legal ground to pursue this case or is it me just being emotional hurt that my wife's privacy has been trampled upon and I need to act. What should be my next point of action?

Thanks
NewDadTroubles

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 06, 2022
You can sue.

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by NwaAmaikpe: 8:55am On Mar 06, 2022
shocked

What do you hope to achieve?
To get the lost information back or to extort the school?

Now, nowhere in your story did you mention that your wife saw someone operating her device thereby breaching her privacy, technically that puts you on a lower ground legally because it's all assumptions.

Phones can factory reset themselves when the limit of wrong password input has been reached.
It could be this.

But,

You have evidence of messages that didn't originate from her to her contacts. But that is no proof either.
A good lawyer could pin those messages on your wife, claiming they were sent by her with a malicious intent to blackmail the school or that she has a dissociative indentity disorder which would further cast aspersions on her sanity as well as her credibility.

So,

As long as your wife does not have nudes of you or herself on the phone or any other incriminating file, you should not be bothered.

If she does have nudes or other vital information she wants back, I could help you retrieve those lost information.

But,

By default, I do not trust women.
I'd advice you not to.
Do not excavate a graveyard except you are hunting for skeletons.

Apparently, your wife is a threat to the HM who does not want her taking advantage of connections she garnered in the course of working for her.

Just let sleeping dogs lie.
So you do not go and find out that the preek of a rich parent is the reason behind your wife and her HMs' squabbles.

I'm not saying that teachers are as wayward as nurses, I'm just saying I know someone who is a big benefactor in his kids' school; the story of his goodwill and philanthropy brought the Proprietress and most of his kids' teachers to his bed.

The proprietress found out she was was sharing his preek with the same people she was paying salaries and it brought about squabbles amongst the teachers and most of them just like your wife, tendered resignation letters but never told their husbands the true reason behind their leaving.

Those husbands till today see their wives as victims of unjust treatment in the school they served in not knowing that they, the husbands, are the actual victims.

479 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by pyyxxaro: 8:56am On Mar 06, 2022
Brb

Make I go sweep my compound quickly before my landlord go increase my rent again sad

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by Siberia01(m): 9:09am On Mar 06, 2022
tongue

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 06, 2022
You can sue but omoh, trouble no good. Allow it fly for your family's mental health.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by DelTel(m): 9:12am On Mar 06, 2022
[url][/url]
Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by dawnomike(m): 9:23am On Mar 06, 2022
NewDadTroubles:
Good morning Nairaland

I'm going to be as explicit as possible and I need professional legal counsel/inputs to the issue stated below. (Pardon all blunders biko)

My wife recently got fed up with her place of work and decided to tender her resignation letter. She happens to be in the teaching profession and we all know what goes on in the private teaching schools (Most anyways).

On Friday the 4th of March which was supposed to be her final day at the school, the school's HM instructed her phone to put her phone on her desk (HM's) on the pretense that it was an open day and didn't want her distracted. She did exactly that and the day went just fine, after which, she dropped all the school's materials/properties with her and left.
On getting home, she went through her phone and discovered that her WhatsApp messages and conversations had been deleted, text messages deleted, all her contacts deleted, and all chats on her phone read. As if that wasn't enough, a few of her contacts called her to tell her they received messages from the school asking what her relationship was with them? Imagine!!!

Moreover, I think it is also good I state the fact that she and the HM haven't been best of friends due to an event that happened sometimes back between both parties. But for her to pick up her phone and go through it, and not just that, but also deleting her chats and wiping off contacts, deleting photos that has to do with the school, that's to the extreme haba!!!

Is there any legal ground to pursue this case or is it me just being emotional hurt that my wife's privacy has been trampled upon and I need to act. What should be my next point of action?

Thanks
NewDadTroubles

Cc. Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Help push to front page
What are you still waiting for?... Proceed to court

6 Likes

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by uchaymart(m): 10:01am On Mar 06, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Now, nowhere in your story did you mention that your wife saw someone operating her device, technically that puts you on a lower ground legally because it's all assumptions.

Phones can factory reset themselves when the limit of wrong password input has been reached.
It could be this.

But,

You have evidence of messages that didn't originate from her to her contacts. But that is no proof either.
A good lawyer could pin those messages on your wife, claiming she has a dissociative indentity disorder which would further cast aspersions on her sanity.

So,

As long as your wife does not have nudes of you or herself on the phone or any other incriminating file.
You should not be bothered.

If she does have nudes or other vital information she wants back, I could help you retrieve those lost information.

But,

I'd advice you not to.

Apparently, your wife is a threat to the HM who does not want her taking advantage of connections she garnered in the course of working for her.

So you do not go and find out that a rich parent is the reason behind your wife and her HMs' squabbles.

I'm not saying that teachers are as wayward as nurses, I'm just saying I know someone who is a big benefactor in his kids' school; the story of his goodwill and philanthropy brought the Proprietress and most of his kids' teachers to his bed.

The proprietress found out she was was sharing preek with the same people she was paying salaries.
It brought about squabbles amongst the teachers and most of them just like your wife, tendered resignation letters but never told their husbands the true reason behind their leaving.

HAHAHAHAHA...........you have succeeded in making OP have a rethink of the whole situation

223 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by OKUCHI11(m): 12:23pm On Mar 06, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Now, nowhere in your story did you mention that your wife saw someone operating her device, technically that puts you on a lower ground legally because it's all assumptions.

It could be this.

But,

A good lawyer could pin those messages on your wife, claiming she has a dissociative indentity disorder which would further cast aspersions on her sanity.

So,

As long as your wife does not have nudes of you or herself on the phone or any other incriminating file, you should not be bothered.

But,

I'd advice you not to.

So you do not go and find out that a rich parent is the reason behind your wife and her HMs' squabbles.

The proprietress found out she was was sharing preek with the same people she was paying salaries.
It brought about squabbles amongst the teachers and most of them just like your wife, tendered resignation letters but never told their husbands the true reason behind their leaving.
I wanted to take you serious...

28 Likes

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by NoahHadNoArk: 2:31pm On Mar 06, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It could be this.

But,

So,

But,

I'd advice you not to.

Much as I hate to admit it, you have a point.

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by DoggoneDogg: 4:58pm On Mar 06, 2022
Your wife doesn't lock her phone?
She must be very stupid.

137 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by Perfecttouchade: 4:58pm On Mar 06, 2022
Cra*y but I guess the hm thought she might have contacts of the parent thinking your wife might start her own school

31 Likes

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 06, 2022
Sue the boss immediately.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by premierlead: 4:58pm On Mar 06, 2022
...but what are your evidences when you get to the court of law? Don't just waste your time over nothing and what you can't win, instead let it just slide and focus on your life and family.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by endsarrrs(f): 4:59pm On Mar 06, 2022
Also hear from the other side

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by Floki737: 4:59pm On Mar 06, 2022
Happy sunday guys. Abeg who go borrow me 2k cry urgent.
May God bless you as you do.
Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 4:59pm On Mar 06, 2022
There is more to that..........let's hear d side of d school HM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 4:59pm On Mar 06, 2022
Didn’t your wife have password on her phone?
Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by jaxxy(m): 5:00pm On Mar 06, 2022
If she saved her contact on google it should be restorable. The HM has no right to search her phone talkless of delete personal information on it.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by PROPHETmichael: 5:00pm On Mar 06, 2022
Oga just go and restore all the deleted messages via backup folder.

5 Likes

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by DeepSight(m): 5:00pm On Mar 06, 2022
That invasion of privacy and of course you can sue: be sure to lament a few million dollar business transactions that were truncated on account of this action of his as well.
Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by Westernequinox: 5:00pm On Mar 06, 2022
Most you be always stupid, why would you voice a well sounding opinion but allow you folly show face
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It could be this.

But,

So,

But,

I'd advice you not to.

The proprietress found out she was was sharing his preek with the same people she was paying salaries and it brought about squabbles amongst the teachers and most of them just like your wife, tendered resignation letters but never told their husbands the true reason behind their leaving.

11 Likes

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by Ezeyo: 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2022
Sue him for invasion of privacy!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by maticar: 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It could be this.

But,

So,

But,

I'd advice you not to.

Boring,

It's not even making sense the trash you capping here

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by valdes00(m): 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2022
You av no evidence that the HM went tru the fone so i will suggest u let it go... Abeg comot eye for the matter and move on cos na like this russia vs Ukraine war take start when one of them no wan comot eye for wetin no dey necessary

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by int0x80(m): 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2022
And why didn't your wife lock her phone?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by flokii: 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2022
Thr HM knew her passcode too or how was he/she able to access the phone?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2022
What effrontery !!!

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss / 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates / List Of Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian Army Recruitment Through SSC And DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.