Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,711 members, 7,834,355 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George (22727 Views)

Man Knelt Before Saraki Finally Joins The "O To Ge" Movement / The Genesis, Arrowheads Of “O To Ge” Movement That Consumed Saraki In Kwara / Crowd Chants O To Ge, Ole At Bukola Saraki And Kwara PDP Gubernatorial Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by wiseoneking: 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2020
NkemChukwudi:

Go back to your dirty poto poto land and tell your foolish elders/leaders to develop your land for you. Here in Lagos we believe and support our elders and leaders.
Baby talk, I know your kind. Which state are you from? Largosu

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by sofdoc1: 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Lagos is Bini land.
No be only Bini land. Alaye forget history that can't be proven!
Why do all LGA names sound yorubaish?
Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2020
sofdoc1:

No be only Bini land. Alaye forget history that can't be proven!

Why do all LGA names sound yorubaish?

What is the meaning of Eko in yoruba language

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 29, 2020
NkemChukwudi:

Another traumatised IGBO. Pele las las you and your people go dey alright!

Igbo addict.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2020
Tunde835:
Awori

grin grin.

Say what u like.

Womt make Eko to turn to yoruba land.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2020
Ategberoson:

just read your post again, I hope you feel sorry for yourself thereafter

please quit whenever your mental provider is unavailable, I won't allow you use me to test your sanity

now go and play with your toys

Rant n rant on.

It changes nothing.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by NkemChukwudi: 12:23am On Jul 30, 2020
wiseoneking:
Baby talk, I know your kind. Which state are you from? Largosu

I am a Yoruba man from Lagos State.
Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by Dedetwo(m): 12:27am On Jul 30, 2020
NkemChukwudi:

I am a Yoruba man from Lagos State.

Any Yari.ba person in Lagos is a migrant.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by hajimosho(m): 12:29am On Jul 30, 2020
Q
PrecisionFx:

What is the meaning of Eko in yoruba language

Eko is the short form of the word Eréko which means countryside in Yoruba Language, due to its geographical location and beautiful oceanic scenery in comparison to other parts of the Yorubaland.

A countryside can be regarded as an area away from towns and cities, where there are fields, forests etc – it is used especially when talking about the natural beauty of this kind of area.

To add to this, there is Eréko street in Lagos Island retaining the original form of the word 'Eko'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by NGpatriot: 12:37am On Jul 30, 2020
The only thing Lagosians are expecting is to send this worthless, crooked and corrupt agbaya convict back to prison.
Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by Killdemboth: 2:04am On Jul 30, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Ibile go kee u dere

Lagos is not yoruba land.

Be guided

Give it to them hot hot bro. Yoruba are foolish liars, they call orji Uzor Kalu ex convict forgetting that all their leaders are ex con ex con ex con from beginning to end. Obasanjo Awolowo Abiola, Bode etc..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by Killdemboth: 2:32am On Jul 30, 2020
hajimosho:
Q

[s]Eko is the short form of the word Eréko which means countryside in Yoruba Language, due to its geographical location and beautiful oceanic scenery in comparison to other parts of the Yorubaland.

A countryside can be regarded as an area away from towns and cities, where there are fields, forests etc – it is used especially when talking about the natural beauty of this kind of area.

To add to this, there is Eréko street in Lagos Island retaining the original form of the word 'Eko'.[/s]

Taa shut up liar. What concerns Eko with Ereko?
By the way Awori old man said They are not Yoruba and Lagos is not a Yoruba Land. All you Ekiti, Osun, Oyo, Ogun, Ondo people in Lagos should return to your states of origin

Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by Sheggy13(m): 3:41am On Jul 30, 2020
honeyB2018:

Are you talking about non Yorubas or non lagosians? Chief Bode George is talking about non Lagosians and you are talking about non Yorubas. Are you. alright at all?
I'm in support of Lagos for Lagosians, not Lagos for yorubas.
Can any real Lagos indigene, contest any election in any part of Yoruba land?
This is what Bode George is talking about.
PDP and Apc, are political vehicles anyone can use, to achieve their political aspirations, so there is nothing wrong with PDP, giving their ticket to anyone outside Yoruba land in Lagos state.
You're an hypocrite. You are against what Tinubu is doing by allowing fellow Yorubas who have closer ties to Lagos get elective position but in support of Bode George who give elective slots in Lagos PDP to Igbos that are from far-away South East? Can't you see your double-standard. It shows Bode George isn't any better than Tinubu in that regard.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by legionISproteus: 6:17am On Jul 30, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Should I type in another langauge?
Please use English, but explain your statement.
Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by NkemChukwudi: 8:13am On Jul 30, 2020
Dedetwo:

Any Yari.ba person in Lagos is a migrant.

Pele........las las you will heal and be alright. Go and ask Azikiwe, Ojucrook, Nnamdi Kanu and others!

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by Christistruth00: 8:31am On Jul 30, 2020
hajimosho:
Q

Eko is the short form of the word Eréko which means countryside in Yoruba Language, due to its geographical location and beautiful oceanic scenery in comparison to other parts of the Yorubaland.

To add to this, there is Eréko street in Lagos Island retaining the original form of the word 'Eko'.

Ereko Market is still on Lagos Island today and has been there for Centuries. The Ijebu traders pronounced Ereko as Eko.
It was the location of Oba Kosoko's business in Slaves and European goods bought from the Portuguese.

The Ijebu traders controlled the Business with the Yorubaland interior they and the Egba Sold their Slaves at Ereko Market and from there bought Arms ,Ammunition and European goods to supply the inland Yoruba's. Ibadan, Ijaye and Egba Armies were their big Customers and supplied them with Slaves.

Whenever the Ijebu traders were going to Ereko for business they would say they are going to Eko .

Ereko means field in Yoruba and Ereko-Ile is used to describe an Island.

From Osifekunde's 18th Century Slave Narrative

""nous l'a appelee Eco, et c'est ainsi que la designent les yebous... Benin, qui lui applique le nom Korame"

Translation:

"Eco(Èkó) is the name given to it by the yebous (Ijebu)... The Benin call it Korame"

Futhermore, the text says
".. Korame etait unie a sa metropole par la langue de terre resserree entre la grande lagune et la mer; mais des longtemps les yebous se sont empares..."
"Korame (Lagos) was formerly larger, included a metropolis between the Great lagoon and the sea but for a long time the yebous (Ijebu) seized this area"

Futher the text says
"dont l'extremite orientale a ete envahie par les pirates Ouyo; et Korame est restee isolee au bout de la grande lagune, continuant a recevoir du Benin"
"the Eastern part of this area was invaded by pirates from Ouyo(Oyo) and what is left of Korame is the isolated end towards the great lagoon, this is all that is controlled by Benin"

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by hajimosho(m): 8:52am On Jul 30, 2020
Killdemboth:

Taa shut up liar. What concerns Eko with Ereko?
By the way Awori old man said They are not Yoruba and Lagos is not a Yoruba Land. All you Ekiti, Osun, Oyo, Ogun, Ondo people in Lagos should return to your sltates of origin

Q
I expected you to be mature enough in your learning expedition, since you lack a lot of knowledge about where you are arguing about.

The Kabiesi, Oba Josiah Olanrewaju Aina Ikuyemiku, the Oloto of Oto Awori Kingdom, Lagos State is a Yoruba man from the descendant of Olofin, one of the sons of Oduduwa.

The present day Lagos consists of over 70% land from the defunct western Nigeria which are governed by other descendants of Oduduwa, such as the Ijebu, Epe and Badagry etc

Stop this unnecessary bickering and posting of misleading informations on this platform.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 30, 2020
Killdemboth:

Give it to them hot hot bro. Yoruba are foolish liars, they call orji Uzor Kalu ex convict forgetting that all their leaders are ex con ex con ex con from beginning to end. Obasanjo Awolowo Abiola, Bode etc..
grin grin

The highest criminal politicians in nigeria are yorubas. Everyone knows this....even Tinubu sina certificate forger and Adeosun go oluwole go fake NYSC certificate and dem sack am.

Thieves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 30, 2020
hajimosho:
Q

grin grin cheesy grin grin

Eko has absolutely no meaning in yoruba language, rather Eko means WAR CAMP in bini language.

The very first settlers in Lagos state are the Bini pple and they are the owners of lagos state. Even the present Oba Akiolu has made it clear that they are the owners of Lagos and that his ancestors are from the Bini kingdom....That was why he publicly rubbished Ooni of Ife in an event.

Lagos is not and will never ever be yoruba land, even if Nigeria divides, lagos will stil not become yoruba land
Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by Christistruth00: 9:16am On Jul 30, 2020
hajimosho:

Q
I expected you to be mature enough in your learning expedition, since you lack a lot of knowledge about where you are arguing about.

The Kabiesi, Oba Josiah Olanrewaju Aina Ikuyemiku, the Oloto of Oto Awori Kingdom, Lagos State is a Yoruba man from the descendant of Olofin, one of the sons of Oduduwa.

The present day Lagos consists of over 70% land from the defunct western Nigeria which are governed by other descendants of Oduduwa, such as the Ijebu, Epe and Badagry etc

Stop this unnecessary bickering and posting of misleading informations on this platform.

If you add the parts of Ogun State that Lagos has spread into over 90% of today's Lagos is from Awolowo's Western Region.

The Vision to make Lagos an Economic Power was Awolowo's farsighted vision for the Western Region that was why he built Ikeja and the industrial Estates out of a dense Jungle where Elephants were still sighted regularly into the Commercial Capital of the Western Region.

Awolowo was desperately trying to Catch up with Europe .

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by honeyB2018: 10:27am On Jul 30, 2020
Sheggy13:

You're an hypocrite. You are against what Tinubu is doing by allowing fellow Yorubas who have closer ties to Lagos get elective position but in support of Bode George who give elective slots in Lagos PDP to Igbos that are from far-away South East? Can't you see your double-standard. It shows Bode George isn't any better than Tinubu in that regard.

You are the most beclouded Yoruba man, have ever seen in life. You are against the Igbos, getting any elective post in Lagos state, but you are not against their contributions to the development of Lagos state. You are not against any Yoruba man or woman, getting elective post in London. You have forgotten, that we are Nigerians, that the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria, gives every Nigerian citizen the right to live in any part of the country, vote and be voted for.
You have forgotten, that no real indigene of Lago
Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by loopman: 10:38am On Jul 30, 2020
honeyB2018:

[s]You are the most beclouded Yoruba man, have ever seen in life. You are against the Igbos, getting any elective post in Lagos state, but you are not against their contributions to the development of Lagos state. You are not against any Yoruba man or woman, getting elective post in London. You have forgotten, that we are Nigerians, that the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria, gives every Nigerian citizen the right to live in any part of the country, vote and be voted for.
You have forgotten, that no real indigene of Lago[/s]

Go and contest election where you come from ibo man
Nobody forced you to come to lagos grin
Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by honeyB2018: 10:51am On Jul 30, 2020
Sheggy13:

Your are the most beclouded Yoruba man, with a beclouded mind that I have ever seen in life.
You are against the Igbos, because they are not Yorubas, you are not against their taxes and their contributions to the development of Lagos state. You are against the Igbos, getting elective post in Lagos state, but rejoices when a Yoruba man /woman wins any election in London.
You have forgotten, that we have a federal not regional constitution, which guarantees every Nigerian, the right to vote and be voted for in any part of Nigeria, where he/she resides
You are not ashamed, that any Yoruba man can come to Lagos, contest election and win, but no real indigene of Lagos state, can go to any part of Yoruba land, contest election, even for the commonest political position of a councilor and win..
Let me repeat myself again, I'm in full support of Lagos for lagosians.
Every other state in Nigeria, should allow the Lagosian to handle their state.
Dele Alake, has been nominated, to contest by Apc, leaderships in Lagos, to contest the forth coming senatorial election in Epe, to represent Lagos East. Senatorial zone. Is Alake from Lagos state? So there is no qualified Lagos state indigene from the Zone that can do that?
Whether you are a Yoruba man, Igbo or Hausa, leave every elective post in Lagos state for Lagosians.
Faleke, should go back to Kogi, Lia Mohammad and his son, Yayi and co, should go back to their states if they want elective post, if I must dance to your music.
Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by honeyB2018: 10:58am On Jul 30, 2020
loopman:

Go and contest election where you come from ibo man
Nobody forced you to come to lagos grin

Tell that to your father and your non Lagosian, who came Lagos state to contest any elective post.
Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by loopman: 11:37am On Jul 30, 2020
tongue
honeyB2018:

Tell that to your father and your non Lagosian, who came Lagos state to contest any elective post.

Lmao pained mofos everywhere.

Chinedu, don’t kill yourself over Lagos, a natural heritage of the Yorubas, from Ikeja to Badagry, from Epe to Ikorodu and from Lagos Island to Isheri-Olofin.

Hatred and jealousy for Yoruba go kill you

Una wan die over Yorubaland while you are holed up in Isala Ngwa cheesy grin
Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by honeyB2018: 11:56am On Jul 30, 2020
loopman:
tongue

Lmao pained mofos everywhere.

Chinedu, don’t kill yourself over Lagos, a natural heritage of the Yorubas, from Ikeja to Badagry, from Epe to Ikorodu and from Lagos Island to Isheri-Olofin.

Hatred and jealousy for Yoruba go kill you

Una wan die over Yorubaland while you are holed up in Isala Ngwa cheesy grin

I don't want to go with you in your length. No one is contesting any part of Yoruba land with you, your fear of intimidation by other tribes, especially the Igbos, that your fathers hate, has to be cured.
A plot of. Land In Nnewi, sells for #10-15m, in other parts of Igbo land, it may be cheaper, I want to advise you and your fellow tribal chauvinist to leave Yoruba land, go to Igbo land, buy la d, build houses, do business there, you will know, that your father's farm is not the biggest in town.
What are the yorubas doing in London?
Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by loopman: 12:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
honeyB2018:

[s]
I don't want to go with you in your length. No one is contesting any part of Yoruba land with you, your fear of intimidation by other tribes, especially the Igbos, that your fathers hate, has to be cured.
A plot of. Land In Nnewi, sells for #10-15m, in other parts of Igbo land, it may be cheaper, I want to advise you and your fellow tribal chauvinist to leave Yoruba land, go to Igbo land, buy la d, build houses, do business there, you will know, that your father's farm is not the biggest in town.
What are the yorubas doing in London?[/s]

No sensible person will go to ibo land where it young and agile population are fleeing from.

A scotch earth jungle where 98% of the population are Ibos.

I pass, I will rather go to Calabar or Uyo, certainly not anywhere’ the Ibos jungle
Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by Bbdot(m): 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2020
Are you more lagosian than tinubu
Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by loopman: 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
Bbdot:
Are you more lagosian than tinubu

lol, don’t let Ipob crew see this? They love Bode George cheesy grin
Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by honeyB2018: 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
loopman:

No sensible person will go to ibo land where it young and agile population are fleeing from.

A scotch earth jungle where 98% of the population are Ibos.

I pass, I will rather go to Calabar or Uyo, certainly not anywhere’ the Ibos jungle

I encourage you to do so. Your fear of intimidation will leave you. What is the percentage of the people outside, compare to those there? There are lots who have made it in life, without stepping out side the zone. Your father's farm, is not the biggest in town brother. Your myopic views are your problems.
Get a life.
Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by loopman: 12:44pm On Jul 30, 2020
honeyB2018:

[s]I encourage you to do so. Your fear of intimidation will leave you. What is the percentage of the people outside, compare to those there? There are lots who have made it in life, without stepping out side the zone. Your father's farm, is not the biggest in town brother. Your myopic views are your problems.
Get a life.[/s]

Bunkum! You are writing senselessly! What opportunities exist in the SE for a professional? To come and be dragging market union leadership with otumkpo market men or motor parks leadership with ibo thugs?

The same dead end that every graduate dream is to flee from?

What is wrong with your brain? grin grin

Re: Lagosians Should Expect ‘O To Ge’ Revolution In 2023 – Bode George by Sheggy13(m): 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
honeyB2018:

Your are the most beclouded Yoruba man, with a beclouded mind that I have ever seen in life.
You are against the Igbos, because they are not Yorubas, you are not against their taxes and their contributions to the development of Lagos state. You are against the Igbos, getting elective post in Lagos state, but rejoices when a Yoruba man /woman wins any election in London.
You have forgotten, that we have a federal not regional constitution, which guarantees every Nigerian, the right to vote and be voted for in any part of Nigeria, where he/she resides
You are not ashamed, that any Yoruba man can come to Lagos, contest election and win, but no real indigene of Lagos state, can go to any part of Yoruba land, contest election, even for the commonest political position of a councilor and win..
Let me repeat myself again, I'm in full support of Lagos for lagosians.
Every other state in Nigeria, should allow the Lagosian to handle their state.
Dele Alake, has been nominated, to contest by Apc, leaderships in Lagos, to contest the forth coming senatorial election in Epe, to represent Lagos East. Senatorial zone. Is Alake from Lagos state? So there is no qualified Lagos state indigene from the Zone that can do that?
Whether you are a Yoruba man, Igbo or Hausa, leave every elective post in Lagos state for Lagosians.
Faleke, should go back to Kogi, Lia Mohammad and his son, Yayi and co, should go back to their states if they want elective post, if I must dance to your music.
I dont understand your ranting. I called you out because you never condemned Bode George even though under his leadership of Lagos PDP, non-Yorubas and non-Lagosians were given tickets of House of Assembly and Reps. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands. Bode George has no moral ground to castigate Tinubu for giving non-Lagosians elective and appointive positions when he's doing exactly the same with Lagos PDP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate / Profile Of Agbu Kefas, Taraba Governor-Elect / "Fubara Must Obey Wike" - Wike Loyalists Sing At An Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.