Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

BTS, Blackpink, Wizkid...and BTS Again: Notable Moves On This Week’s World Songs - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / BTS, Blackpink, Wizkid...and BTS Again: Notable Moves On This Week’s World Songs (1416 Views)

Blackpink's New Music Video "Pink Venom" / BLACKPINK - Ice Cream Ft. Selena Gomez (mp3 Download) / Download Mp3: Lady Gaga & BLACKPINK -sour Candy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BTS, Blackpink, Wizkid...and BTS Again: Notable Moves On This Week’s World Songs by childuptojoy(m): 4:25pm On Jul 28, 2020
BTS dominates the World Digital Song Sales chart this week, from leading the charge at No. 1 to occupying the most real estate, there is no way this frame doesn’t belong to the South Korean septet…though they aren’t the only ones who see special singles experience some sort of noteworthy shift on the tally.

Here are five tracks whose moves are worth noting on this week’s World Digital Song Sales chart.

No. 1 – BTS – “Your Eyes Tell”

BTS lands their twenty-first No. 1 on the World Digital Song Sales chart this week with “Your Eyes Tell,” which has been identified by fans as their favorite (at least for now) from the group’s latest full-length Map of the Soul: 7 ~ The Journey ~, which almost became another ruler on the World Albums list.

“Your Eyes Tell” is the highest-ranking of 15 BTS songs currently taking up space on the 25-rung World Digital Song Sales ranking this week.

No. 2 – BTS – “Filter”

While many of the South Korean septet’s charting hits this week are featured on their new album Map of the Soul: 7 ~ The Journey ~, there are a number of older tracks that are still going strong on the list. “Filter,” an album cut from their earlier release Map of the Soul: 7 (the former is in Japanese, while the latter is performed in Korean), rises to a new peak of No. 2 this frame. If fans can keep the interest strong, it may soon become the band’s twenty-second leader.

No. 3 – Blackpink – “How You Like That”

After two weeks in charge of the World Digital Song Sales chart, Blackpink’s comeback single “How You Like That” drops from No. 1, pushed down only by BTS. The track stands a chance at returning to the summit, and even if it never makes it back to the top spot, it will likely hold on and continue charting for weeks, and possibly even months to come.

No. 6 – Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwoʻole – “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”

The most successful track of all time on the World Digital Song Sales chart isn’t slowing down, and somehow, even after years on the list, it’s still present inside the top 10. This frame, “Somewhere Over the Rainbow,” the biggest hit from Hawaiian musician Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwoʻole, lands at No. 6 in its five-hundred-and-fiftieth turn on the tally.

No. 24 – Wizkid – “Smile (ft. H.E.R.)”

Nigerian singer, songwriter and super producer Wizkid scores his first placement on the World Digital Song Sales chart this year with “Smile,” his collaboration with R&B powerhouse H.E.R. The track marks Wizkid’s nineteenth tune to appear on the tally, while H.E.R. reaches the ranking for the first time.

As so many top-tier musicians rely heavily on streams to help push their new albums toward the top of the Billboard charts, BTS, one of the most successful groups on the planet right now, stands as one of the only names left in the business who can reliably sell copies of not just their latest releases, but also older crowd favorites.

This week, the band dominates the Top Album Sales chart, which only looks at the 100 titles that actually sold the most copies (as opposed to the more closely watched Billboard 200, which incorporates streaming and track sale equivalents as well as pure purchases). The group claims six rungs on the all-genre tally, which is the most of any name. In fact, BTS is far ahead of every other artist and band on the ranking, including some of the most successful figures of all time.

Coming in behind BTS when looking at which musical acts own the most real estate on this week’s Top Album Sales chart are The Beatles, who usually rank among the bestselling artists every week. This frame, the Fab Four control three spots on the roster, or exactly half as many as BTS.

Several other prominent musicians, such as Billie Eilish, Harry Styles, Mac Miller and even Pink Floyd all manage to chart two titles on the 100-rung list, which is only one-third as many spaces as BTS currently controls.

Leading the way among all six of BTS’s currently-charting albums on the Top Album Sales ranking is, surprisingly, not their latest release, which came out almost two weeks ago. Instead, their full-length Map of the Soul: 7, released this past February, continues to find space inside the top 10. The set holds at No. 8 and stands out as the second-highest-charting non-debut of the week, coming in behind only the original Broadway cast recording of Hamilton.

New at No. 23 is Map of the Soul: 7 ~ The Journey ~, their fourth Japanese-language release. The set starts off just outside the top 20 after only two days of availability, so it may climb next frame. The title sold just over 3,500 copies, according to Nielsen Music, which is still a lot in today’s all-streaming economy.

Just a few spots below that title comes the first release in the Map of the Soul series, 2019’s Map of the Soul: Persona, which drops just one spot to No. 28. The group manages to place a fourth release inside the top 40 this frame, as Love Yourself: Answer rockets from No. 63 all the way to No. 32.

Further down the list come both Love Yourself: Tear and Love Yourself: Her, which land at Nos. 68 and 80, respectively. Both of those sets return to the Top Album Sales chart, having fallen off not too long ago.

Re: BTS, Blackpink, Wizkid...and BTS Again: Notable Moves On This Week’s World Songs by BlancaColucci: 2:34pm On Jun 21, 2021
My beloved song from this band is definitely – "Your Eyes Tell". I don't know why, but it is the only one that quite caught my heart. I admire that nowadays we have such talented youngs that make, and we can say it art. I am not a huge fan of them, but my sister is obsessed. She can spend her entire evenings reading about BTS guys and finding out new spoilers and gossips. Her whole room is now covered with posters, and she dreams of going to one of their concerts soon. Maybe I'll gift her a ticket.
Re: BTS, Blackpink, Wizkid...and BTS Again: Notable Moves On This Week’s World Songs by Tenzilla: 10:28am On Jun 22, 2021
BlancaColucci:
My beloved song from this band is definitely – "Your Eyes Tell". I don't know why, but it is the only one that quite caught my heart. I admire that nowadays we have such talented youngs that make, and we can say it art. I am not a huge fan of them, but my sister is obsessed. She can spend her entire evenings reading about BTS guys and finding out new spoilers and gossips. Her whole room is now covered with posters, and she dreams of going to one of their concerts soon. Maybe I'll gift her a ticket.

I hope this website is good, because I was searching for a reliable website about BTS. Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Avant Ft Nicole Scherzinger: Lie About Us / Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Are Married / Lady Gaga Controversial 'alejandro' Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.