Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Inspirations And Political Opinion Blog - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Inspirations And Political Opinion Blog (180 Views)

Letter Urging Cai Yingwen And His Military And Political Leaders To Surrender / Letter Urging Cai Yingwen And His Military And Political Leaders To Surrender / My Opinion Blog Site On Medium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inspirations And Political Opinion Blog by IniAkpanMorgan(m): 5:38pm On Jul 28, 2020
THE IGNORANCE OF LAWMAKING: THE ACTS OF THE NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION AND THE LAWS OF AKWA IBOM STATE

An issue I met in the news almost wildly running its "trending" - and this issue is a severe contradition to our laws, happening unfortunately in my State, Akwa Ibom, has caused me to reflect on whether our political leaders - under the responsibility vested in their Oaths of "Office" and of "Allegiance": the link that pulls and pools their ordinariness into "the power of execution" they exercise - understand how they, themselves, are the products of the laws they always work to desecrate in the name of "showmanship".

The highest authority in Nigeria is "the Nigerian Constitution", the only instrument that empowers the working of Government. And so political office holders must give themselves up to knowing, and understanding how they are the products of the law, and as products of the law, each of their acts against the law makes them, who themselves are of the law, "the bad apples" of our laws: the ones who "spoil the bunch". This is why human beings have replaced our institutions.

Hon Imo Ben, my friend and brother, in one of his recent, very solemn revelations, showed how a "political thug" would likely emerge as the Councillor-elect of a certain electoral ward he reviewed.

What would qualify this political thug for this political elevation can be deduced. However, his emergence is against that of a more qualified, a more prepared, and a more community driven local philanthropist, who may not be able to afford the "nomination forms", neither would he find a sponsor, yet he remains the best who will remain out of office for not affording the processes.

This is the example of our leadership recruitment strategy and why we have oppressive leaderships over us.

How can an unlearned political leader understand that he needs to be the law by understanding the law? How can he use the law to drive democratic dividends?

Even among the educated, many got their certifications through other means than "in character and in learning". It takes both to graduate unto academic and professional excellence.

Going to about a week now, the news of the "creation of wards" by the Akwa Ibom State Independent Electoral Commission (AKISIEC) was made public by the Chairman of the Commission, Elder Aniedi Ikoiwak, a near two-term Resident Electoral Commissioner of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), who was disengaged from INEC a fews years back, to assume the Chairmanship of our State's Commission on elections.

I greeted the news of the wards creation with wondering why a man who has spent not less than 5 years as a Resident Electoral Commissioner, and served in a no mean State like Rivers, would not be guided by what he knows but allowed himself to be guided by an error of legislation.

I expected Elder Ikoiwak, in the period of the break between the last elections in December 2017 and now, to have searched out the contradictions in our State laws against the Nigerian Constitution and the Electoral Act, and to nominate such laws for recommendation to the State House of Assembly for repealing, instead of allowing himself to be errorneously led by them.

I am not too sure if Elder Ikoiwak familiarised himself with our electoral act when he decided to create more wards, at all, though not for electoral polls, but like he said, for "the convenience of collation". I am, therefore, not competent to indict Elder Ikoiwak on the matter if his submission is for the convenience of collation, and not for polling, was why he sealed the creation of extra wards in the State.

I would rather that he had sent that law for repealing than to allow himself be led by it: AKSIEC in my opinion, should be guide by the tools of our electoral except for all local contents. In this case, the delineation of wards is exclusively responsibility of our electoral law.

In our national constitution we have items of governance listed under what are lawfully provided as "the exclusive" and "the concurrent" lists of laws, and they stipulate what federating States cannot deliberated on, without the necessary amendments to the mother constitution.

Ini Akpan Morgan writes from Uyo, Nigeria via "time.subsidaries@gmail.com"

https://allafrica.com/stories/200904130262.html

1 Share

Re: Inspirations And Political Opinion Blog by Ilaumoh(m): 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2020
IniAkpanMorgan:
THE IGNORANCE OF LAWMAKING: THE ACTS OF THE NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION AND THE LAWS OF AKWA IBOM STATE

An issue I met in the news almost wildly running its "trending" - and this issue is a severe contradition to our laws, happening unfortunately in my State, Akwa Ibom, has caused me to reflect on whether our political leaders - under the responsibility vested in their Oaths of "Office" and of "Allegiance": the link that pulls and pools their ordinariness into "the power of execution" they exercise - understand how they, themselves, are the products of the laws they always work to desecrate in the name of "showmanship".

The highest authority in Nigeria is "the Nigerian Constitution", the only instrument that empowers the working of Government. And so political office holders must give themselves up to knowing, and understanding how they are the products of the law, and as products of the law, each of their acts against the law makes them, who themselves are of the law, "the bad apples" of our laws: the ones who "spoil the bunch". This is why human beings have replaced our institutions.

Hon Imo Ben, my friend and brother, in one of his recent, very solemn revelations, showed how a "political thug" would likely emerge as the Councillor-elect of a certain electoral ward he reviewed.

What would qualify this political thug for this political elevation can be deduced. However, his emergence is against that of a more qualified, a more prepared, and a more community driven local philanthropist, who may not be able to afford the "nomination forms", neither would he find a sponsor, yet he remains the best who will remain out of office for not affording the processes.

This is the example of our leadership recruitment strategy and why we have oppressive leaderships over us.

How can an unlearned political leader understand that he needs to be the law by understanding the law? How can he use the law to drive democratic dividends?

Even among the educated, many got their certifications through other means than "in character and in learning". It takes both to graduate unto academic and professional excellence.

Going to about a week now, the news of the "creation of wards" by the Akwa Ibom State Independent Electoral Commission (AKISIEC) was made public by the Chairman of the Commission, Elder Aniedi Ikoiwak, a near two-term Resident Electoral Commissioner of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), who was disengaged from INEC a fews years back, to assume the Chairmanship of our State's Commission on elections.

I greeted the news of the wards creation with wondering why a man who has spent not less than 5 years as a Resident Electoral Commissioner, and served in a no mean State like Rivers, would not be guided by what he knows but allowed himself to be guided by an error of legislation.

I expected Elder Ikoiwak, in the period of the break between the last elections in December 2017 and now, to have searched out the contradictions in our State laws against the Nigerian Constitution and the Electoral Act, and to nominate such laws for recommendation to the State House of Assembly for repealing, instead of allowing himself to be errorneously led by them.

I am not too sure if Elder Ikoiwak familiarised himself with our electoral act when he decided to create more wards, at all, though not for electoral polls, but like he said, for "the convenience of collation". I am, therefore, not competent to indict Elder Ikoiwak on the matter if his submission is for the convenience of collation, and not for polling, was why he sealed the creation of extra wards in the State.

I would rather that he had sent that law for repealing than to allow himself be led by it: AKSIEC in my opinion, should be guide by the tools of our electoral except for all local contents. In this case, the delineation of wards is exclusively responsibility of our electoral law.

In our national constitution we have items of governance listed under what are lawfully provided as "the exclusive" and "the concurrent" lists of laws, and they stipulate what federating States cannot deliberated on, without the necessary amendments to the mother constitution.

Ini Akpan Morgan writes from Uyo, Nigeria via "time.subsidaries@gmail.com"

https://allafrica.com/stories/200904130262.html
Trash this nonsense you are vomiting here ok

(1) (Reply)

Elected NBA President, Olumide Akpata's Message To Colleagues After NBA Election / Ojglory Engineering Ltd / Bbnaija2020: “i’m Not A Stealer Of Man, Na Them Dey Rush Me” – Nengi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.