Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Who Deceived Us - Part One - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Deceived Us - Part One (295 Views)

Who Deceived You? Flat Earth Doctrine!! / Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness / Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Deceived Us - Part One by Omojowofestus(m): 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2020
WHO DECEIVED US? - Part I
Deception has been given various definitions but it's getting clearer by the day that with all our KNOW-HOW and meaning about this subject, we're undoubtedly being deceived...not all but many, "For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way - 2 Thessalonians:2:7"
ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED: Who brought this to us...probably it has fallen into wrong hands who have misinterpreted the concept and the nitty-gritty of the Gospel... Where should we then place the word of Christ which says, "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: "but he that endureth to the end shall be saved." -Matthew:10:22"
TOO MUCH OF PRAYER: Why this again... Some will tell us not to rely on prayer alone that we should take steps ... Is praying not part of steps... We've been made to believe that we can pray too much. Capital NO. Should we then discard the word of Jesus which says, "And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; Luke:18:1" or Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. John:16:24
FASTING: To some extent fasting has been bastardized and philosophically thought whereby the efficacy and potency of the things spiritual are taken for granted and almost of no effect .. Who did this to us?
Another error is GOD IS EVERYWHERE: Haaaa! While I won't say much on this yet I have an ought with the beliefs and tradition of men... Why on Earth would you say God is everywhere... Okay the omnipresent right? Without controversy, HE'S THE OMNIPRESENT. Why the temples and the bodies prepared for Him Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: Hebrews:10:5 ...He chooses a place for His name don't be too carried away not to regard this ..
Who deceived us that we don't need to go to church again, because God is everywhere... Chai!!! God help Us!!!
Let God be true and all men liars...
To be Continued...
DECEPTION-FREE GREETINGS TO YOU ALL
Re: Who Deceived Us - Part One by Kobojunkie: 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2020
Omojowofestus:
WHO DECEIVED US? - Part I
Deception has been given various definitions but it's getting clearer by the day that with all our KNOW-HOW and meaning about this subject, we're undoubtedly being deceived...not all but many, "For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way - 2 Thessalonians:2:7"
ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED: Who brought this to us...probably it has fallen into wrong hands who have misinterpreted the concept and the nitty-gritty of the Gospel... Where should we then place the word of Christ which says, "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: "but he that endureth to the end shall be saved." -Matthew:10:22"
Do you obey Jesus Christ's own words of Paul's? Because if you understood Jesus Christ for who He really is, you would indeed know man for the liar He is in all of this.
Omojowofestus:
TOO MUCH OF PRAYER: Why this again... Some will tell us not to rely on prayer alone that we should take steps ... Is praying not part of steps... We've been made to believe that we can pray too much. Capital NO. Should we then discard the word of Jesus which says, "And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; Luke:18:1" or Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. John:16:24
Jesus Christ told you that Obedience is the key, not prayer. You can pray until you are blue but the only way, according to Jesus Christ Himself is for you to step forward in obedience of His commandment. Even the growth of your faith in Christ is based on your obedience of Him.
God does not change His mind or ways and He certainly has not changed in what He desires of men. From the days of Old, He has always called on Man to obey Him, and Him alone. But as documented in the old testament, disobeyed God over and over, and God endured man, but never changed His mind about what He demands from man.
God tells you over and over, if you do what He commands(not if you pray), He will grant you the very desires of your heart. Will your constant praying change this commandments of God?
Omojowofestus:
FASTING: To some extent fasting has been bastardized and philosophically thought whereby the efficacy and potency of the things spiritual are taken for granted and almost of no effect .. Who did this to us?
Even before the religion of Judaism and Christianity showed up later, Fasting has always been a denial of the body of that which it needs in terms of sustainance(food mostly). There is nothing "spiritual" about the act and God verifies this in Isaiah 58 when He instead tells you what He would rather you do on those days that you choose to fast.
Omojowofestus:
Another error is GOD IS EVERYWHERE: Haaaa! While I won't say much on this yet I have an ought with the beliefs and tradition of men... Why on Earth would you say God is everywhere... Okay the omnipresent right? Without controversy, HE'S THE OMNIPRESENT. Why the temples and the bodies prepared for Him Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: Hebrews:10:5 ...He chooses a place for His name don't be too carried away not to regard this ..
Who deceived us that we don't need to go to church again, because God is everywhere... Chai!!! God help Us!!!
Let God be true and all men liars...
To be Continued...
DECEPTION-FREE GREETINGS TO YOU ALL
God is everywhere... He is omnipresent but God does not live everywhere. In fact He does not inhabit man-made structures, so HE is definitely not living in your "house of gods" and the lot. He makes His home in the hearts of those who belong to Him, but no place else on this planet is holy and so not for Him.
Re: Who Deceived Us - Part One by Omojowofestus(m): 6:55pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Do you obey Jesus Christ's own words of Paul's? Because if you understood Jesus Christ for who He really is, you would indeed know man for the liar He is in all of this.
Really appreciate your contribution Sir. God bless you. Jesus Christ is the perfect model we all have and must follow. Failure to yield and heed will spell doom.

Jesus Christ told you that Obedience is the key, not prayer. You can pray until you are blue but the only way, according to Jesus Christ Himself is for you to step forward in obedience of His commandment. Even the growth of your faith in Christ is based on your obedience of Him.
God does not change His mind or ways and He certainly has not changed in what He desires of men. From the days of Old, He has always called on Man to obey Him, and Him alone. But as documented in the old testament, disobeyed God over and over, and God endured man, but never changed His mind about what He demands from man.
Yes Sir, obedience is the key. How well can we go about this without praying... All we need to know is that many people are now of the opinion of that we don't need to pray before doing something whatsoever. How true is this?

God tells you over and over, if you do what He commands(not if you pray), He will grant you the very desires of your heart. Will your constant praying change this commandments of God?
Even before the religion of Judaism and Christianity showed up later, Fasting has always been a denial of the body of that which it needs in terms of sustainance(food mostly). There is nothing "spiritual" about the act and God verifies this in Isaiah 58 when He instead tells you what He would rather you do on those days that you choose to fast.
In our quest to explain better, let us not deviate from the simplicity of the Gospel. Fasting to an extent means denial no doubt. Does it mean that we don't need it anymore now. That it is old? Jesus said that. "these things go not forth but by fasting and praying..." We can therefore say fasting is a sacrament... A physical event with Spiritual effect. The flesh is weak... The Spirit quickens and is willing. But are we willing?
God is everywhere... He is omnipresent but God does not live everywhere. In fact He does not inhabit man-made structures, so HE is definitely not living in your "house of gods" and the lot. He makes His home in the hearts of those who belong to Him, but no place else on this planet is holy and so not for Him.
For sure no doubt God is everywhere and He shall bring every secret work to judgement. Anyway, The context of this is for those using it has an excuse from belonging to a body. In the Gospel according to Matthew, Church is mentioned twice. First in chapter 16 where Jesus said. "I will build my Church..." That's the universal Church. Secondly in chapter 18 where it says, "if you brother offends you go to him....then after that go to Church..." Church means a body to which you can report or speak to. In our philosophy of saying God is everywhere, many now claim to be part of the Body of Christ (The Church) without belonging to (a church). What does this mean? We need fellowship... Don't we?
Re: Who Deceived Us - Part One by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
Omojowofestus:
Really appreciate your contribution Sir. God bless you. Jesus Christ is the perfect model we all have and must follow. Failure to yield and heed will spell doom.
undecided
Omojowofestus:
Yes Sir, obedience is the key. How well can we go about this without praying...
When you say to a child, "Stand up", does the same child "pray" to you asking you to make him/her "stand up"? undecided
From the time of the first man, Adam, God has indeed equipped up with the faculty necessary to obey Him ,what remains is for us to in fact do as He had commanded.
Omojowofestus:
All we need to know is that many people are now of the opinion of that we don't need to pray before doing something whatsoever. How true is this?
Why do you think you need to pray? Because you bought into man's lie that prayer is they key. But if you carefully learn of the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ, you would understand that prayer is not what makes you right with God. No, Obedience of His commandment is.
Jesus Christ made this fact known as He taught His followers

John 14 vs 23-24 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
23. Jesus answered, “All who love me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them. My Father and I will come to them and live with them.
24. But anyone who does not love me does not obey my teaching. This teaching that you hear is not really mine. It is from my Father who sent me.
John the apostle of Jesus Christ repeated this in his letter to believers all over the world.

1 John 2 vs 3-6
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. If we obey what God has told us to do, then we are sure that we know him.
4. If we say we know God but do not obey his commands, we are lying. The truth is not in us.
5. But when we obey God’s teaching, his love is truly working in us. This is how we know that we are living in him.
6. If we say we live in God, we must live the way Jesus lived.
The New Covenant that is Jesus Christ consists of about a total of 46 commandments and only about 4 or 5 of those are in reference to prayer(when, how & why of it). Do you ignore obedience of the other commandments just so you focus on that which you want to? undecided
And while we are still on the subject of prayer, do you even pray the way Jesus Christ commanded you to pray? Or do you pray as men have taught you to pray? undecided
Omojowofestus:
In our quest to explain better, let us not deviate from the simplicity of the Gospel. Fasting to an extent means denial no doubt. Does it mean that we don't need it anymore now. That it is old? Jesus said that. "these things go not forth but by fasting and praying..." We can therefore say fasting is a sacrament... A physical event with Spiritual effect. The flesh is weak... The Spirit quickens and is willing. But are we willing?
Fasting, the kind you and I are well aquainted with is no sacrement of any kind. It is a duty to the body and the body alone. The most you can achieve by fasting is the toning of the human body as far as fasting is concerned.
The Fasting that God commands however, is a fasting of a different kind, and it is by that fasting that I believe Jesus Christ, the word of God, was indeed refering to there. What is the fasting that God commands? Read Isaiah 58 to learn from God Himself.. the Word of God.

Isaiah 58 vs 6-14 (ERV)
6. “I will tell you the kind of day I want—a day to set people free. I want a day that you take the burdens off others. I want a day when you set troubled people free and you take the burdens from their shoulders.
7. I want you to share your food with the hungry. I want you to find the poor who don’t have homes and bring them into your own homes. When you see people who have no clothes, give them your clothes! Don’t hide from your relatives when they need help.”
8. If you do these things, your light will begin to shine like the light of dawn. Then your wounds will heal. Your “Goodness” will walk in front of you, and the Glory of the Lord will come following behind you.
9. Then you will call to the Lord, and he will answer you. You will cry out to him, and he will say, “Here I am.”
Stop causing trouble and putting burdens on people. Stop saying things to hurt people or accusing them of things they didn’t do.
10. Feel sorry for hungry people and give them food. Help those who are troubled and satisfy their needs. Then your light will shine in the darkness. You will be like the bright sunshine at noon.
Will you obey God at His word? Or will you continue to pray pretending God asks the imposibble of you?
Omojowofestus:
For sure no doubt God is everywhere and He shall bring every secret work to judgement. Anyway, The context of this is for those using it has an excuse from belonging to a body. In the Gospel according to Matthew, Church is mentioned twice. First in chapter 16 where Jesus said. "I will build my Church..." That's the universal Church. Secondly in chapter 18 where it says, "if you brother offends you go to him....then after that go to Church..." Church means a body to which you can report or speak to. In our philosophy of saying God is everywhere, many now claim to be part of the Body of Christ (The Church) without belonging to (a church). What does this mean? We need fellowship... Don't we?
The only that matters is the Body of Jesus Christ himself. Your world churches have nothing to do with Jesus Christ's body. Instead your churches were founded on doctrines and traditions of men, lies, as far as the word of God is concerned, and Jesus Christ warned against following after these lies of men as what happens is these lies NULLIFY the power of God in the lives of those who adopt or follow after them....Look in your churches today and look at the world outside of your churches and see how the world inside only serves to mirror the world outside.... God is not there. So belonging to a church will only serve to push one who really believes in God farther away from the Truth of God and smack into the hands of men whoses kingdoms those churches serve..

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted

So who deceived you? I am afraid man did and he continues to as he lies his way into getting you to submit your trust and obedience to his will, against God's Will.
Re: Who Deceived Us - Part One by Omojowofestus(m): 10:06am On Jul 31, 2020
Kobojunkie:
undecided
When you say to a child, "Stand up", does the same child "pray" to you asking you to make him/her "stand up"? undecided
From the time of the first man, Adam, God has indeed equipped up with the faculty necessary to obey Him ,what remains is for us to in fact do as He had commanded.
Going by this example, if there is one thing children are good at which God loves, it is dependency. Ever since we have learnt to do things on our own, there have been a whole lot of contradiction. At any sight of danger, children always run to the next available adult for helping by stretching out their hands which God expect us to do. Abba Father. In my opinion based on the word of God, Whosoever that does pray to God is proud. Invariably, he would be telling God, "don't worry, I don't need you and I can do it myself."
Why do you think you need to pray? Because you bought into man's lie that prayer is they key. But if you carefully learn of the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ, you would understand that prayer is not what makes you right with God. No, Obedience of His commandment is.
Jesus Christ made this fact known as He taught His followers
We're not meant to pray by showing off ourselves. Neither are we to use vain repetition. Aa Christians, we don't pray alone. The minimum number to pray is four. Lest I'm quoted wrongly, I woul like to explain this. We pray to the Father, through the Son and in the Spirit. How well are we to obey, if we have not learnt to hear from Him or how can we do anything if He hasn't spoken. No fellowship or relationship can go smoothly without communication which pray stands on. For the fact that we have misunderstood the concept of pray does not change pray from what the Lord expects from us. To this end, even though it has fallen into bad and wrong hands, should we then fold our hands and not pray anymore.

John the apostle of Jesus Christ repeated this in his letter to believers all over the world.

The New Covenant that is Jesus Christ consists of about a total of 46 commandments and only about 4 or 5 of those are in reference to prayer(when, how & why of it). Do you ignore obedience of the other commandments just so you focus on that which you want to? undecided
And while we are still on the subject of prayer, do you even pray the way Jesus Christ commanded you to pray? Or do you pray as men have taught you to pray? undecided
Yes of course men have changed the order. Wait, kindly understand me. Hope you know we are not arguing? And if I discover that this turns out to be, I would rather stop. I wouldn't want to believe that you're trying to say prayer is not need because what did Jesus ever do without praying. He pray all night long and taught all day in the temple. Before choosing the disciples, He prayed. While He was tempted He prayed. On the Cross, He kept on praying and even right now in the right hand of God He is still interceding for you, for me and everyone of us. In will conclude here, no one knows the love of God, obedience of and to God and even His glory more than Jesus, yet He prayed and believed in praying to the Father and I'm not prepared to call Him a liar.
Fasting, the kind you and I are well aquainted with is no sacrement of any kind. It is a duty to the body and the body alone. The most you can achieve by fasting is the toning of the human body as far as fasting is concerned.
The Fasting that God commands however, is a fasting of a different kind, and it is by that fasting that I believe Jesus Christ, the word of God, was indeed refering to there. What is the fasting that God commands? Read Isaiah 58 to learn from God Himself.. the Word of God.

Will you obey God at His word? Or will you continue to pray pretending God asks the imposibble of you?
Generalisation is not the matter here. I would rather say the kind of fasting I formerly knew and got used to but not again. Yes with doubt, many are using fasting to slimfit, to get in shape bodily, to regulate obesity but that's not for us. Or is it otherwise? In book of Isaiah where the reference is found chapter 58 it doesn't mean we should not fast. It does or says that in or during and after the fasting we should do what pleases the Lord by not following after wickedness. About this, Jesus Christ said, this we should do without leaving the others undone.

The only that matters is the Body of Jesus Christ himself. Your world churches have nothing to do with Jesus Christ's body. Instead your churches were founded on doctrines and traditions of men, lies, as far as the word of God is concerned, and Jesus Christ warned against following after these lies of men as what happens is these lies NULLIFY the power of God in the lives of those who adopt or follow after them....Look in your churches today and look at the world outside of your churches and see how the world inside only serves to mirror the world outside.... God is not there. So belonging to a church will only serve to push one who really believes in God farther away from the Truth of God and smack into the hands of men whoses kingdoms those churches serve..
I'm afraid to say this but I have to say it. The main reason we have argument about the state of the Church and its responsibilities is because the Church has not created a standard to which a dying world might have turned. We wouldn't have to be extremists before we need to understand the Truth. Saying He's not there is synonymous to saying He's not everywhere right? Also, saying that God is not there is quite understandable only by going with the word of Christ which says, "time will come that we would not need to serve in Jerusalem or that mountain but in Spirit and in Truth." Then, if we serve Him in that location (Spirit And Truth) He should be there too. The model of the Church presently is going about being a kind of One-Man-Show which supposed not to be. However, we should and must always be careful about we speak about the Church because that is the bride Jesus (The Bridegroom) is coming for not the one built with stones and marbles. Let us examine ourselves if we be in faith.

** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted

So who deceived you? I am afraid man did and he continues to as he lies his way into getting you to submit your trust and obedience to his will, against God's Will.
Thanks for your contribution and correction. They are really appreciated and acknowledged. To round this up, let this mind be in you that is in Christ Jesus.
Re: Who Deceived Us - Part One by Kobojunkie: 4:20am On Aug 01, 2020
Omojowofestus:

Going by this example, if there is one thing children are good at which God loves, it is dependency. Ever since we have learnt to do things on our own, there have been a whole lot of contradiction. At any sight of danger, children always run to the next available adult for helping by stretching out their hands which God expect us to do. Abba Father. In my opinion based on the word of God, Whosoever that does pray to God is proud. Invariably, he would be telling God, "don't worry, I don't need you and I can do it myself."
Obedience to the commandments contained in the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ is what God commands of all of His creation. Given that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to the Father... no amount of prayer for grace or any other thing, can cancel out the Truth that is Jesus Christ.
Omojowofestus:
We're not meant to pray by showing off ourselves. Neither are we to use vain repetition. Aa Christians, we don't pray alone. The minimum number to pray is four. Lest I'm quoted wrongly, I woul like to explain this. We pray to the Father, through the Son and in the Spirit. How well are we to obey, if we have not learnt to hear from Him or how can we do anything if He hasn't spoken. No fellowship or relationship can go smoothly without communication which pray stands on. For the fact that we have misunderstood the concept of pray does not change pray from what the Lord expects from us. To this end, even though it has fallen into bad and wrong hands, should we then fold our hands and not pray anymore.
The commandments calling on us to pray are only a part of the New Covenant, but not the only commandments Jesus Christ set before us. So, as to how much time one ought to spend in prayer, one should consider that out of about 46 commandments, there are only about 4-5 that relate to prayer.
Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, already tells us exactly how, when, where, and what to pray for... below are the where, what and how commandments as far as prayer is concerned.

As regards our ability to hear, we all know how to hear... we have been doing it since the very moment of our birth. According to Jesus Christ, if we truly obeyed Him, we would recite the Lord's Prayer, exactly as Jesus Christ gave it to us, every time we pray. How many of us know exactly how to recite the Lord's prayer? Most everyone out there does, but how many out there pray the Lord's prayer exactly as Jesus Christ gave it to us, whenever they choose to pray? See some of the commandments that relate to praying in the New Covenant.

WHERE TO PRAY

Matthew 6 vs 5-15
5. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.
6. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
WHAT TO PRAY

Matthew 6 vs 5-15
7. “And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words.
8. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
HOW TO PRAY

Matthew 6 vs 5-15
9. Pray then like this:
“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.[a]

10. Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

11. Give us this day our daily bread,[c]
12. and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.

13. And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.[d]

14. For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,
15. but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Everywhere we look, we see that we were in fact called to obedience, but instead we have chosen to become like the Pharisees who ignore the weightier things of the law so they can focus on those things that pleases their senses,disregarding the Will of God in it all.

Matthew 23 vs 23-24
23. “It will be bad for you teachers of the law and you Pharisees! You are hypocrites! You give God a tenth of the food you get, even your mint, dill, and cumin.[d] But you don’t obey the really important teachings of the law—being fair, showing mercy, and being faithful. These are the things you should do. And you should also continue to do those other things.
24. You guide the people, but you are blind! Think about a man picking a little fly out of his drink and then swallowing a camel! You are like that.[e]

Omojowofestus:
Yes of course men have changed the order. Wait, kindly understand me. Hope you know we are not arguing? And if I discover that this turns out to be, I would rather stop. I wouldn't want to believe that you're trying to say prayer is not need because what did Jesus ever do without praying. He pray all night long and taught all day in the temple. Before choosing the disciples, He prayed. While He was tempted He prayed. On the Cross, He kept on praying and even right now in the right hand of God He is still interceding for you, for me and everyone of us. In will conclude here, no one knows the love of God, obedience of and to God and even His glory more than Jesus, yet He prayed and believed in praying to the Father and I'm not prepared to call Him a liar.

Prayer in and of itself is expected of us. But we have made a religion out of it, in the name of God, ignoring the other commandments and requirements that God has set for us to work.
Omojowofestus:
Generalisation is not the matter here. I would rather say the kind of fasting I formerly knew and got used to but not again. Yes with doubt, many are using fasting to slimfit, to get in shape bodily, to regulate obesity but that's not for us. Or is it otherwise? In book of Isaiah where the reference is found chapter 58 it doesn't mean we should not fast. It does or says that in or during and after the fasting we should do what pleases the Lord by not following after wickedness. About this, Jesus Christ said, this we should do without leaving the others undone.
Sure
Omojowofestus:
I'm afraid to say this but I have to say it. The main reason we have argument about the state of the Church and its responsibilities is because the Church has not created a standard to which a dying world might have turned. We wouldn't have to be extremists before we need to understand the Truth. Saying He's not there is synonymous to saying He's not everywhere right? Also, saying that God is not there is quite understandable only by going with the word of Christ which says, "time will come that we would not need to serve in Jerusalem or that mountain but in Spirit and in Truth." Then, if we serve Him in that location (Spirit And Truth) He should be there too. The model of the Church presently is going about being a kind of One-Man-Show which supposed not to be. However, we should and must always be careful about we speak about the Church because that is the bride Jesus (The Bridegroom) is coming for not the one built with stones and marbles. Let us examine ourselves if we be in faith.
Jesus Christ, the New Covenant that God has made for His people, is the only Standard for His church. Your world-churches are built on doctrines and traditions of men and are ever fluctuating, dependent on the hearts and moods of men.
Saying that God is not there is admitting the truth of your world-churches. God was never at the foundation of these churches and He cannot settle for that which is not of Him.
Re: Who Deceived Us - Part One by Omojowofestus(m): 10:45am On Aug 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Obedience to the commandments contained in the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ is what God commands of all of His creation. Given that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to the Father... no amount of prayer for grace or any other thing, can cancel out the Truth that is Jesus Christ.
Why do we pray Sir?
Obedience to God has prayer as one of its constituents. Jesus' prayer life is more written about in the Scripture. Every now and then He talks about His Father. He talks and speaks with Him always... Moreso, in Chapter 17 of John, those were parts of His prayers. Obedience is not a substitute for Prayer neither would Prayer substitute obedience.
The commandments calling on us to pray are only a part of the New Covenant, but not the only commandments Jesus Christ set before us. So, as to how much time one ought to spend in prayer, one should consider that out of about 46 commandments, there are only about 4-5 that relate to prayer.
Thank God they are part. Since they are, should we cut them away from they whole body? Never! Be it far from God! To God, nothing falls short of perfection. Of one is taken away or broken of the whole 46 commandments, are we saying there's no big deal? I doubt it, admittedly. Not one out of the 46 is meant to be left undone or unkept. Thank God you said, we have 6 of those instances. Hallelujah!

Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, already tells us exactly how, when, where, and what to pray for... below are the where, what and how commandments as far as prayer is concerned.
What is and why do we pray? If these are not settled, the questions of how, when, where and even what to pray won't be addressed accordingly. I firmly believe the word of God that we need pray, whoever believes otherwise does not change the Word of God on the subject of Prayer.

As regards our ability to hear, we all know how to hear... we have been doing it since the very moment of our birth. According to Jesus Christ, if we truly obeyed Him, we would recite the Lord's Prayer, exactly as Jesus Christ gave it to us, every time we pray. How many of us know exactly how to recite the Lord's prayer? Most everyone out there does, but how many out there pray the Lord's prayer exactly as Jesus Christ gave it to us, whenever they choose to pray? See some of the commandments that relate to praying in the New Covenant.
"We all know how to hear" please we need more clarity on this Sir. Hear who? Even faith begins with hearing while obedience we are talking about here begins with faith. So we all know how to hear is not clear. Hear who? Man? God? Or who? In the Lord's prayer there are three basic needs of man, food, forgiveness and freedom. Yet they are included in the Prayer... Are we wiser than Jesus who included them in the Prayer... God wants us to pray and that we must all obey. But that we should only obey Him and not pray is what I can't comprehend Sir. Jesus said, men ought to pray, not just to pray, but to pray always. ALWAYS there is a point of emphasis. Always. As much as we Obey, we must pray... Always.

WHERE TO PRAY

WHAT TO PRAY

HOW TO PRAY

Everywhere we look, we see that we were in fact called to obedience, but instead we have chosen to become like the Pharisees who ignore the weightier things of the law so they can focus on those things that pleases their senses,disregarding the Will of God in it all.
We shouldn't forget Jesus said our righteousness should even be more than the Pharisees. Yes we are saved by grace but should we who have been saved by grace do less than they who are under law? I doubt this. And Again, we aren't save by righteousness but we are saved for it.... To do righteousness. And I think, pray is right. Isn't it? And he that knoweth how to do good and doeth it not, to him is a sin.

Prayer in and of itself is expected of us. But we have made a religion out of it, in the name of God, ignoring the other commandments and requirements that God has set for us to work.
Thank you Sir for this point and clarity here. Prayer is not a substitute for obedience and obedience is not a substitute for Prayer either.

Jesus Christ, the New Covenant that God has made for His people, is the only Standard for His church. Your world-churches are built on doctrines and traditions of men and are ever fluctuating, dependent on the hearts and moods of men.

By this "your world-churches" I don't think you mean you don't belong to a Church?
CHOOSING THE PERFECT CHURCH

You may ask, "Where is there such a Church here?" I don't know. My advice is very clear: [b]if you find the perfect Church don't join it; you will spoil it.[/b]That is advice that has been given everywhere around the world. There are some “butterfly” Christians who are going from one church to another all the time, looking for the perfect church because they think they are perfect and they need a perfect church. There is something a little wrong with that.

Saying that God is not there is admitting the truth of your world-churches. God was never at the foundation of these churches and He cannot settle for that which is not of Him.
To you Sir, going by Jesus definition of and for a Church, what does a Church mean? Maybe from there we can know and continue....

(1) (Reply)

At What Age Did You Receive The Sex Talk? / Problem I Am Facing As An Apprentice / What Does The Bible Say About Demons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.