Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,397 members, 7,812,166 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video (1371 Views)

This Will Serve As A Warning For Those Girls Dating Yahoo Boys / 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members / Dad Gives His Twin Girls A Pep Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Unnerve: 8:28pm On Jul 29, 2020
mariahAngel:

It's not really about confusion.
I think it is more like women are afforded the luxury of grace to explore all options, then finally settle for what it is they really love to do.
It is not the same for men.

Then again, it could be confusing at the end sad

Lol, uhn uhn.
Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by mariahAngel(f): 9:08pm On Jul 29, 2020
Unnerve:

Lol, uhn uhn.

It's easier if you've figured out what you're passionate about.

1 Like

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Unnerve: 9:45pm On Jul 29, 2020
mariahAngel:

It's easier if you've figured out what you're passionate about.
Did you watch the video?
Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by mariahAngel(f): 10:24pm On Jul 29, 2020
Unnerve:

Did you watch the video?

No. I just went with the conversation. cheesy

Did I go off? grin

2 Likes

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Hathor5(f): 10:28pm On Jul 29, 2020
mariahAngel:

No. I just went with the conversation. cheesy

Did I go off? grin

grin

Just go with the flow. kiss

1 Like

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by mariahAngel(f): 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2020
Hathor5:

grin

Just go with the flow. kiss

Thank you dear.
You're comforting kiss

1 Like

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:44pm On Jul 30, 2020
bukatyne:

Summary please.

Is he against pursuing a career before marriage or pursuing a career at all?

Generally, I think our society is just maturing into women saying they want to build a career first before marriage.

Most of the successful women I know are married with kids. It is on NL I started hearing women deliberately saying they don't want to get married because of a career or marriage is stifling.

For their society, it is a different kettle of fish.

Anyways, the idea of attempting to build a career before marriage doesn't make sense (economic, planning, strategy) to me. If a woman decides not to marry at all (E. G. Mother Theresa dem dem), that's another discussion.

However, why would you want to spend your most productive years building some else's dreams?

Why do I want to spend my twenties and mid/late thirties solely focused on my job to the detriment of starting a family and start thinking of marriage in my late 30s or 40s?

By then, you are probably in mid/managerial level and a pause is much more disruptive than when you are just starting. When you are done with kids, you can launch deep for a longer period of time if that is your thing.

Listened on a program yesterday that said male fertility has dwindled about 60% in 40 years and men are having more fertility problems.

So you have women past 35 trying for kids with men whose fertility is dropping.

Bad bad combo.

There is a time and season for everything.

@Bolded. Some many people don't understand this... they only realise when it's too late.

The exploration/establishment stage of a woman's career is the best time to take risks... get another degree if you want to... try out different industries...do a career lattice... get married... start having children. Both career and family will stabilise just fine this way.
Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by RuggedSniper: 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2020
Smile4mee01:
If you are a young lady, i think this video is worth watching .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QrpHu_vx4c

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Celebrates Her Divorce From Husband On Facebook (video) / Why Do I Have A Strong Feeling My Father Came Back? / Mommy Has Quadruplets 3-years After She Had Triplets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.