Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video (1373 Views)

This Will Serve As A Warning For Those Girls Dating Yahoo Boys / 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members / Dad Gives His Twin Girls A Pep Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Smile4mee01: 7:59am On Jul 29, 2020
If you are a young lady, i think this video is worth watching .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QrpHu_vx4c
Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Hathor5(f): 8:28am On Jul 29, 2020
I met a friend last week for dinner who had had a flourishing career before she got pregnant last year. She delivered the baby in February. She said her life has changed for the worse.

Women should know themselves and not be guided by self-proclaimed experts on womantology.

7 Likes

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Belafonte(m): 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2020
Hathor5:
I met a friend last week for dinner who had had a flourishing career before she got pregnant last year. She delivered the baby in February. She said her life has changed for the worse.

Women should know themselves and not be guided by self-proclaimed experts on womantology.

This is interestng. Did she give any insights on what she considers as a worsening of her life? Gestation itself? Childcare? Covid? Care to share?
Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Belafonte(m): 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2020
I generally agree with this dude, even though I think he made quite a few generalisations and wrong statements.

I'd probably rate the info in this video 4 out of 10

1 Like

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Hathor5(f): 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2020
Belafonte:

This is interestng. Did she give any insights on what she considers as a worsening of her life? Gestation itself? Childcare? Covid? Care to share?

The pregnancy was difficult in the last two months. She mentioned the sleepless nights, the fatigue, the fact that she is at home all the time (had a busy social life before with many hobbies), total drop in the libido, painful intercourse, no time to take care of herself even though her mother lives next door and helps (of course everything revolves around the baby) and that she misses her job. She has found a business opportunity which would allow her to work from home which tells me that the fatigue is not her main problem. grin

3 Likes

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Heloct(f): 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2020
Ladies should settle into whatever they want to be and not be discriminated for being different.

1 Like

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Unnerve: 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2020
Personally, I believe a lot of women are quite confused on exactly what they want and how they want their lives to go.

2 Likes

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Klass99(f): 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2020
Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Hathor5(f): 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
Klass99:

Lol grin, self awareness is bae.

The adage different strokes for different folks is so true.

Please what sort of business opportunity did she find (from your subsequent post)

I'm going bonkers with a 9 - 5, would really like to WFH.

She wants to sell jewelry from home. She will have home gatherings and try to sell it to people (mostly ladies) she knows. She got a suitcase with jewelry worth a lot to present to her visitors. I don't know how lucrative that is. She is just interested in me spending my money now. grin I doubt it can replace the fulfillment she felt in her previous job but I didn't try to discourage her.

You are a smart young lady. You will soon find something better. kiss

1 Like

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Klass99(f): 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2020

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Hathor5(f): 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2020
Klass99:

You have come again with your assumptions, abi?

Even when you encounter the ones like me, who know without a doubt what they want, you still object and assume we are not being real or there's something wrong.

Your matter dey taya me grin

Damn right!

Why can't people accept that we can't all be the same?

1 Like

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Klass99(f): 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2020

2 Likes

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Klass99(f): 5:42pm On Jul 29, 2020

2 Likes

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Hathor5(f): 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2020
Klass99:

And I shout the biggest amen of my life, while grinning like a clown over the compliment, thank you. cheesy

I practically sleep on the internet in search of a legit means of livelihood I can do remotely.

I mean what I said.

Have you ever considered investing in the stock market? There are great books on how to go about it.

1 Like

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Unnerve: 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2020
Klass99:

You have come again with your assumptions, abi?

Even when you encounter the ones like me, who know without a doubt what they want, you still object and assume we are not being real or there's something wrong.

Your matter dey taya me grin

A lot of women is not the same as ALL women, but please if the shoe fits, you're allowed to wear it.

Na your own matter com taya me pass if you didn't understand grin

1 Like

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Hathor5(f): 5:47pm On Jul 29, 2020
Klass99:

Unnerve has issuestongue, he says it's rebellion to want something outside the norm.grin

It would help him to understand that this world offers far too many possibilities for us to choose only one.
Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Unnerve: 5:47pm On Jul 29, 2020
Klass99:

Unnerve has issuestongue, he says it's rebellion to want something outside the norm.grin
Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Klass99(f): 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2020
Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Unnerve: 5:59pm On Jul 29, 2020
Klass99:

My friend just asked me why are you laughing, what's so funny? You are.

This comment just killed me with laughter. Anyone with the ability to make me laugh the way you have is likable. I like you too. kiss
Lol
Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by bukatyne(f): 6:04pm On Jul 29, 2020
Belafonte:
I generally agree with this dude, even though I think he made quite a few generalisations and wrong statements.

I'd probably rate the info in this video 4 out of 10

Summary please.

Is he against pursuing a career before marriage or pursuing a career at all?

Generally, I think our society is just maturing into women saying they want to build a career first before marriage.

Most of the successful women I know are married with kids. It is on NL I started hearing women deliberately saying they don't want to get married because of a career or marriage is stifling.

For their society, it is a different kettle of fish.

Anyways, the idea of attempting to build a career before marriage doesn't make sense (economic, planning, strategy) to me. If a woman decides not to marry at all (E. G. Mother Theresa dem dem), that's another discussion.

However, why would you want to spend your most productive years building some else's dreams?

Why do I want to spend my twenties and mid/late thirties solely focused on my job to the detriment of starting a family and start thinking of marriage in my late 30s or 40s?

By then, you are probably in mid/managerial level and a pause is much more disruptive than when you are just starting. When you are done with kids, you can launch deep for a longer period of time if that is your thing.

Listened on a program yesterday that said male fertility has dwindled about 60% in 40 years and men are having more fertility problems.

So you have women past 35 trying for kids with men whose fertility is dropping.

Bad bad combo.

There is a time and season for everything.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by mariahAngel(f): 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2020
Unnerve:
Personally, I believe a lot of women are quite confused on exactly what they want and how they want their lives to go.

It's not really about confusion.
I think it is more like women are afforded the luxury of grace to explore all options, then finally settle for what it is they really love to do.
It is not the same for men.

Then again, it could be confusing at the end sad
Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by mariahAngel(f): 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2020
Hathor5:

It would help him to understand that this world offers far too many possibilities for us to choose only one.

That could also lead to confusion and indecisiveness.
Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 29, 2020

2 Likes

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Hathor5(f): 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2020
mariahAngel:

That could also lead to confusion and indecisiveness.

It does. Some people even feel overwhelmed with the endless choices they are presented with but I would have it no other way. I love to choose from the buffet of life. smiley wink

1 Like

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 29, 2020
The moment you realize the dynamic nature of human and your limitation of living only one life. Then will you realize how little you have lived while trying to put everyone in a box.

May we not be that person trying to control erosion with a basket. grin. Sometimes it's good to live and let live, you will be doing more good to yourself than the other.

2 Likes

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Hathor5(f): 6:22pm On Jul 29, 2020
Palema007:
The moment you realize the dynamic nature of human and your limitation of living only one life. Then will you realize how little you have lived while trying to put everyone in a box.

May we not be that person trying to control erosion with a basket. grin. Sometimes it's good to live and let live, you will be doing more good to yourself than the other.

Words of Wisdom.
Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Klass99(f): 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2020
Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by mariahAngel(f): 6:35pm On Jul 29, 2020
Hathor5:

It does. Some people even feel overwhelmed with the endless choices they are presented with but I would have it no other way. I love to choose from the buffet of life. smiley wink

Buffet. I like that. cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 29, 2020
Klass99:

Lol, you need to give me a real life scenario or illustration of what controlling erosion with a basket is like.

As in, what does that look like when a human being is attempting it in their life?
Lol it is total Madness to impose, dictate or direct how people live. It is a complete waste of effort, time and energy to try to work out a PATH for all to follow. Just as it is A1 madness when a person want to control direction flow of water using a basket. Lol .

Only a mad person will attempt that. grin

2 Likes

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2020
Hathor5:

Words of Wisdom.
Thanks Hath smiley

1 Like

Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Klass99(f): 7:27pm On Jul 29, 2020
Re: A Warning To Career Girls | A Gonzalo Lira Video by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2020
Klass99:

grin grin Okay now I get.

Ariza, is this you?
I don't know who you are talking about. cool grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Celebrates Her Divorce From Husband On Facebook (video) / Pretentious Women / Dating Married People: Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.