Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,983 members, 7,866,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:22 PM

Post The Meal You Prepared Daily And Procedure To Cooking It Lets Learn - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Post The Meal You Prepared Daily And Procedure To Cooking It Lets Learn (369 Views)

Look at the Meal I Prepared With 2000 Naira In This Tight Economy. / See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. / Secret To Cooking Nigerian Party Jollof Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Post The Meal You Prepared Daily And Procedure To Cooking It Lets Learn by dibara(m): 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2020
Jumpin foodies
Re: Post The Meal You Prepared Daily And Procedure To Cooking It Lets Learn by mariahAngel(f): 8:17pm On Jul 30, 2020
The dish I'll be sharing is jollof rice and beans.
I love love love rice and beans and I've loved it since childhood. Yum! tongue
I even hum or smile while eating it. cheesy

Jamaicans have their style of rice and beans dish served with oxtail stew, Ghanaians also have their style of rice and beans dish called waakye, but I believe my style is more delicious. tongue

OK. Without further delay, here are the ingredients to making my jollof rice and beans:

Rice
Beans ( black eyed)
Ice fish
Fresh tomatoes
Fresh peppers
Onions
Vegetable oil
Tomato paste
Salt
Seasoning

Prepping the ingredients:
First, I wash and parboil my already picked beans and set aside.
Next, I wash my ice fish thoroughly, season with salt, and leave to drain in a sieve.
Then I proceed to chop up the fresh tomatoes, onions, blend the fresh peppers( with a manual blender)
Note: you can blend your fresh tomatoes and peppers if I you, but for me, I just roughness of chopped tomatoes.

Cooking time:
In a cooking pot, I start by frying the fish with the oil I'm going to use for cooking the jollof rice and beans, I fry on a medium heat till they're golden brown, then I take them out and set them aside.

Next, I add my chopped onions to the oil ( I use enough for sweetness), I stir till I begin to smell the aroma, then I add my tomato paste and continue to stir to avoid burning, I stir until the colour of the oil goes red, and then I add my fresh tomatoes and peppers, I stir and allow to fry for some few minutes.

After some few minutes, I add the already parboiled beans, stir and add some water just above the level of the beans, then I cover and leave it to cook for about 25-30mins
While my beans is cooking, I wash my rice thoroughly with as much cold water as possible, until the last water becomes almost clear.

After that, I check my beans to see if it's cooked half way through, when it's half cooked, I add more water ( careful not to add too much water at a time), I add my seasoning cubes, salt to taste, and then I stir and taste to check for balance, after that I add in my washed rice, stir well to mix the rice and the beans, taste for balanced seasoning, cover and allow to cook.

From then on, I check from time to time to know if it needs more water to cook until perfectly done.
My delicious jollof rice and beans is ready to be stirred and served with fried fish. kiss

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buy Catfish Table Size Direct / Lynnpeters Organics. / Dealers Of Thailand Fish ( Cut Cut And Butterfly)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.