Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job (1872 Views)

What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? / What Is The Highest Amount Of Money You've Ever Picked On The Ground/floor? / What Is The Cleverest Salary Negotiation You've Had? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by SimSify(m): 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2020
Mine was 1day..
I resumed 8am and after I was told of my task as a Bank marketer and the commission I was to receive at the end of the month I endured the full day doing all the paperwork for the job.

After the days job I left and never went back.
They still call me after 4 months

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by guru03(m): 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2020
I month
Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 29, 2020
2 month
Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by coolcharm(m): 4:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
2hrs30 minutes
Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by Kemimarch16(f): 4:35pm On Jul 29, 2020
1 day,micro finance bank(target work)

1 Like

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by merieam16(f): 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2020
Just a day
Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by HomerTimpson: 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2020
LcryL mine was 1night at a bakery back in 2014,while on leave and was broke and home was boring,i followed one of my guy just to have the experience,i was paid 500naira for the night,i slept all through next day like someone in coma LcryL

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by Deasegun19(m): 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
HomerTimpson:
LcryL mine was 1night at a bakery back in 2014,while on leave and was broke and home was boring,i followed one of my guy just to have the experience,i was paid 500naira for the night,i slept all through next day like someone in coma LcryL

I can relate...God no go shame us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by uncleseries: 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2020
A hotel work as a bar man in warri.
Started off with night shift. Around 2am early Saturday, we were already crashing cos there was nobody to attend to.
Three guys and a young lady coming back from night club drunk were making noise and disturbing the night looking for food that night. The cook was an elderly woman(I mean elderly). One of the guys slapped her cos she was asleep and asked her if there is food, she said there is only egg sauce but she will prepare yam as fast as she can. The idiot slapped her again, I came down and slapped him back.
Manager came down, early mor mor they sacked me. lol just a night

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by haiti007(m): 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2020
Just 5 hours. It was a factory work, I almost fainted before the space of that 5 hours

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by mytime24(f): 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2020
haiti007:
Just 5 hours. It was a factory work, I almost fainted before the space of that 5 hours
Lol

#lazy youth grin

No b mi talk am ooo lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by haiti007(m): 8:28pm On Jul 29, 2020
mytime24:
Lol

#lazy youth grin

No b mi talk am ooo lipsrsealed
Ma'am, it was not easy at all. It was a sachet water company, so I had to transfer packed bags to the store room and I was the only one doing that of all other workers.
Before that 5 hours, my hands were as if they would fall off. No be small thing ooo

5 Likes

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 29, 2020
uncleseries:
Started off with night shift. Around 2am early Saturday, we were already crashing cos there was nobody to attend to.
Three guys and a young lady coming back from night club drunk were making noise and disturbing the night looking for food that night. The cook was an elderly woman(I mean elderly). One of the guys slapped her and asked her if there is food, she said there is only egg sauce but she will prepare yam as fast as she can. The idiot slapped her again, I came down and slapped him back.
You did the right thing bro fvck that job

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by BrilliantF: 9:14pm On Jul 29, 2020
24 days, got my salary and resigned because of late closure and traffic issues. Bank Teller

4 Likes

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by Bankalert(m): 9:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
4 hours ��� Yoruba woman wanted to turn me into a slave as a cleaner 10 years ago ... How can you ask someone's child to scrub the dirty walls in your school in the name of cleaning instead of just painting the walls to give them a new look on top 5k abi 6k?? I ran and never looked back sha...

1 Like

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by Stanweezy(m): 9:29pm On Jul 29, 2020
Mine is Hotel work as a bar man I spent only one month and 5 days.

See the story below.

My ôga (owner of hotel) called one Olosho to sleep with his friend to help his ministry from dying, my ôga no no say the nigga don already arranged two Olosho keep for room though I'm aware bkus I don already drop drinks for them.

My ôga said I should give the gal anything she wants though I was reluctant bkus I want that his friend to confirm the things the girl is taking.

But my ôga shouted at me that I should give the Olosho drinks, na so Olosho ordered Isi Ewu, pepper soup, and beer only her. Babe carry hunger come ooo and na undergraduate student I know the school but won't mention it.

When the man came down he told me that my ôga go pay for all those things the gal ate that he's not interested in that gal that I should calculate what the ones he left in his room ate and my ôga go pay for what he gave the Olosho bkus he didn't tell him he need Olosho.

I told my ôga that night that his friend refused to pay for what Olosho took, na so my ôga begin shout say that his friend must pay that I should not worry that tomorrow morning he will confront him.

In the morning for me to ask my ôga how far about him and the money, na so I saw my ôga gisting and laughing with his friend, I said no shaking but I hope ur friend agreed to pay I asked

To my utmost surprise my ôga said I should go and look for the Olosho and collect my money, I just enter my bar changed my cloth and left the hotel.

My resignation later na 2ru phone I send am make them no think say I komot to buy food dey wait for me.

What nonsense where I go see Olosho Kolet money

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by Yobii(m): 9:30pm On Jul 29, 2020
1 day and my first Job when i was a teen. It was in a water factory. The body pains didn't even make me remember dinner as i slept off.

4 Likes

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by Jamesarua: 9:40pm On Jul 29, 2020
8am to 12pm,,breaktime i run

4 Likes

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by konny1(m): 9:49pm On Jul 29, 2020
6 months
It was nice and a great company,with big package. In terms of salary, welfare, good intentions towards the workers etc... but they don't understand the politics of the industry in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by ennyj01(m): 11:03pm On Jul 29, 2020
Mine was 2 months, and I still regret for leaving till today.

My story, I got a job paying me less than 100k but close to it. The pay was a huge turnoff, although there were rumours flying round that their salary is been reviewed and there will be a huge increase very soon, but I could not wait.

Along the line I saw another job paying x3 of that amount, though I have to do their training school and if I pass I will taken fully.

All things being equal, I did not meet the cutoff for the training school, I was 3 marks short of it.

Now I am unemployed cry cry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:30pm On Jul 29, 2020
one of my very 1st job was at a big company... the day before i started working there, i did an allnighter and went straight from the club to home, took a shower and went to work.... at 10am i was so tired and took a break and went to lay down and "rest for a minute". i woke up to the sound of people calling my name, it was already 3pm... people said they had been searching for me all day, and with a mark on my face that showed i just woke up, i was royally FIRED!

the fastest job i resigned from was at a Mc Ds during my teens, where i thought:" i am gonna sell burgers, how hard could it be"..... on my 1st day, the manager asked me to sweep the floor of the place, which i did reluctantly... but then that fool threw me a curved ball and said:"now go outside and sweep the floor in front of the place and pick up all the Mac Donalds papers on the ground."... i thought about it for a minute, and picture people from the neighborhood seeing me sweeping the floor like that...kai!!! i just gave them my uniform back and left without saying a word.

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by SimSify(m): 12:17am On Jul 30, 2020
HomerTimpson:
I can imagine.. lol

1 Like

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by SimSify(m): 12:18am On Jul 30, 2020
uncleseries:
Three guys and a young lady coming back from night club drunk were making noise and disturbing the night looking for food that night. The cook was an elderly woman(I mean elderly). One of the guys slapped her and asked her if there is food, she said there is only egg sauce but she will prepare yam as fast as she can. The idiot slapped her again, I came down and slapped him back.
I could have given him multiple slap that night that would have brought him back to reality..
Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by SimSify(m): 12:22am On Jul 30, 2020
Bankalert:
4 hours ��� Yoruba woman wanted to turn me into a slave as a cleaner 10 years ago ... How can you ask someone's child to scrub the dirty walls in your school in the name of cleaning instead of just painting the walls to give them a new look on top 5k abi 6k?? I ran and never looked back sha...
Some people sef..
Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by CsRockefeller(m): 4:32am On Jul 30, 2020
Stanweezy:
Mine is Hotel work as a bar man I spent only one month and 5 days.

See the story below.

My ôga (owner of hotel) called one Olosho to sleep with his friend to help his ministry from dying, my ôga no no say the nigga don already arranged two Olosho keep for room though I'm aware bkus I don already drop drinks for them.

My ôga said I should give the gal anything she wants though I was reluctant bkus I want that his friend to confirm the things the girl is taking.

But my ôga shouted at me that I should give the Olosho drinks, na so Olosho ordered Isi Ewu, pepper soup, and beer only her. Babe carry hunger come ooo and na undergraduate student I know the school but won't mention it.

When the man came down he told me that my ôga go pay for all those things the gal ate that she's not interested in that gal that I should calculate what the ones she left in his room ate and my ôga go pay for what he gave the Olosho bkus he didn't tell him he need Olosho.

I told my ôga that night that his friend refused to pay for what Olosho took, na so my ôga begin shout say that his friend must pay that I should not worry that tomorrow morning he will confront him.

In the morning for me to ask my ôga how far about him and the money, na so I saw my ôga gisting and laughing with his friend, I said no shaking but I hope ur friend agreed to pay I asked

To my utmost surprise my ôga said I should go and look for the Olosho and collect my money, I just enter my bar changed my cloth and left the hotel.

My resignation later na 2ru phone I send am make them no think say I komot to buy food dey wait for me.

What nonsense where I go see Olosho Kolet money

grin grin grin grin
Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by CsRockefeller(m): 4:35am On Jul 30, 2020
This thread go funny die grin
Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by GeoandSonsHub: 5:21am On Jul 30, 2020
CsRockefeller:
This thread go funny die grin
I'm telling you grin grin
Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by Mihzwhitesutana(f): 6:57am On Jul 30, 2020
I am not sure if it was upto 4 hours. Mine was before I got admission. After staying at home with nothing to do I joined some GNLD marketers.

At 10 am, after walking for hours, knocking from door to door, I got to a house.. and a masculine voice thundered, "say what you want to say, I am listening". I was explaining what each drugs can be used for and how important they were. The man said "ok thank you. But I have my personal physician" (so why let me spend more than 5 minutes talking).

I knocked on another gate but was given a hot chase by one stupid dog. If not that I used to be 1st in short distance race back in secondary school, that bingo would have spoilt my show.

15 Likes

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by Stevyne: 7:02am On Jul 30, 2020
1 Months 3 days.... Blunty accused, Just left without looking back.
Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by CsRockefeller(m): 7:36am On Jul 30, 2020
Mihzwhitesutana:
I am not sure if it was upto 4 hours. Mine was before I got admission. After staying at home with nothing to do I joined some GNLD marketers.

At 10 am, after walking for hours, knocking from door to door, I got to a house.. and a masculine voice thundered, "say what you want to say, I am listening". I was explaining what each drugs can be used for and how important they were. The man said "ok thank you. But I have my personal physician" (so why let me spend more than 5 minutes talking).

I knocked on another gate but was given a hot chase by one stupid dog. If not that I used to be 1st in short distance race back in secondary school, that bingo would have spoilt my show.

grin
Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by Gracespecial101(m): 10:23am On Jul 30, 2020
Just a Single night.
It was a Stone breaking Company, Worked from around 10pm till about 5am in the morning. The pay wasn't even able to Cover both transport and Feeding for the night, Imagine me Sleeping all day. After that Miserable night I never went back there again, Saw the Manager a Week later and he was telling me he didn't see me again... And I was like is not me that you people will kill.

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job by Swissheart(f): 11:57am On Jul 30, 2020
20mins. That was in 2006 when I left secondary school.

I resumed to the Headmistress's office waiting for her to give me red and blue biro, she was talking to some old teachers. Then I saw a chart on the wall...
- 200naira for late coming
-500naira for not submitting lesson note
-100naira for not marking lesson note
- 200naira for sleeping even during break
-200 for missing school blah blah

Inside 3000naira salary...... I stood up jeje and said "Ma, my daddy said I should not work again that he has registered me for tutorial, she said ehyah but you can still teach o. I said I'll come back Ma. I was looking at her helplessly.

That was how I started work and resigned inside her office.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Friends Funny Interview Experience / Harlliburton Update / Good Cv Basics/samples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.