Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

What I Saw Today Broke My Heart. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What I Saw Today Broke My Heart. (5209 Views)

What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* / Are Certificates Really Overrated? What I Saw In My Uncle's House / What I Would Do To Babcock Female Student, If She Were My Daughter! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Saw Today Broke My Heart. by oyekanwahab(m): 7:35am On Jul 30, 2020
lalasticlala:
No picture?

Picture ko, picture no

Go island go find am
Re: What I Saw Today Broke My Heart. by Vyzz: 8:32am On Jul 30, 2020
illicit:

Tutor/teacher is a noble profession

Have u ever seen a doctor going so low?

What do u say when police men obstruct road and obtain people because they are hungry and have mouths to feed.

A tutor is not a beggar, God forbid.

I understand u bro.... I truly do

But nowadays things ain't favourable... People have gone lower to earn money just to put food on their tables....

We just thank God that we have atleast what to eat for now
Re: What I Saw Today Broke My Heart. by ymstar(m): 9:18am On Jul 30, 2020
Ok
Re: What I Saw Today Broke My Heart. by Virginnn(f): 9:29am On Jul 30, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

would you trust a stranger to come to your home and/or be close to your children unrestricted?! its very easy to find proper tutors with VALID credentials and proven track record. people should be very careful with who they bring to their home and/or around their family....especially in these difficult covid19 times.

i understand that some people are desperate for work, but as much as this man gets the attention he is seeking, this aint the way....

there is a huge different between being lazy and doing whats right.
While I totally agree with you on the need to be cautious with complete strangers, but we must not be too quick to dismiss this man's needs.
What you should advise is the need to go an extra mile, conduct a thorough background check on him before letting him in.
I am a private school teacher. I know how desperate it can get these days.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw Today Broke My Heart. by falcon01: 9:35am On Jul 30, 2020
ScholarAcademy:

You have a point, but your point is not absolute.
His point is obsolete.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw Today Broke My Heart. by Researchclue: 10:17am On Jul 30, 2020
HOT AND INTERESTING 'Insurance' Project Topics and Materials for final year students.

1. CLAIMS MANAGEMENT AND PROFITABILITY OF INSURANCE COMPANIES IN NIGERIA.
https://nairaproject.com/projects/3522.html

For more topics and materials, visit, https://nairaproject.com/projects/insurance-project-topics-and-materials/

Re: What I Saw Today Broke My Heart. by sureteeboy(m): 10:56am On Jul 30, 2020
Virginnn:

While I totally agree with you on the need to be cautious with complete strangers, but we must not be too quick to dismiss this man's needs.
What you should advise is the need to go an extra mile, conduct a thorough background check on him before letting him in.
A private school teacher should have connections with few parents who would definitely want him to tutor their children.
It's quite bizzare to see a teacher standing on the road like that when there are lots of parents in his school who would be willing to hire his services. (Well, unless he's a CRS or Home Economics teacher).
I'm a private school teacher as well, and my colleagues do contact me regularly, informing me of parents who need teachers for their children (despite the fact that I don't even have much interactions with parents like that). Though, I turn most of them down simply because they don't have much money to pay, and I have those I'm teaching already

1 Like

Re: What I Saw Today Broke My Heart. by Rickmann: 1:25pm On Jul 30, 2020
ScholarAcademy:
Today, after closing from work somewhere on the island, I saw a guy holding up a placard on which his number and these words were written "Home Lesson Tutor". As motorists drove by, the guy held the placard advertising his service.

He might just be one of the private school teachers whose source of income has been cut for months.

Sometimes we criticize lazy people, but this is someone who is probably skillful and who advertisizes his service the way he can.

However, the question is: will people even trust him enough?

Lalasticlala
Dominique
Mynd44

Just listen to Nigerians, u didn't take photos of the placard so someone can maybe reach out to him? So wot then are telling us for? If it were an indecent dressed girl or stupid and senselesss scene, everyone will pull out their phones. We are our own problems in this country ,big time.
Re: What I Saw Today Broke My Heart. by Chinnymy(f): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2020
God bless them with what they desire
Re: What I Saw Today Broke My Heart. by Ycube: 2:53pm On Jul 30, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

again... there is unemployment everywhere, and some countries are better than others, due to:
- in the west, we pay heavy taxes on our salaries etc, which is therefore used by the gov to create jobs and/or better people's live in many different sectors.
- in the west, we pay heavy taxes on our salaries etc, to make sure that there are infrastructures in place so people dont go hungry when they lose their jobs.
- in the west, there are millions of employers/companies that can give jobs to graduates because there is an economy behind it that can sustain it. expecting Nigeria to have that same economy (as the west) to employ ALL its graduates, is not only funny, but very childish (to say the least). thinking that any Nigerian doctor should get a job because thats what happens in the west, is the root of the problem. Nigeria will never have the same
economy as the west, and even if you build the 1os of thousands of hospitals to employ these unemployed doctors, then these hospitals will close because majority of Nigerians cant afford to go to hospitals and pay for treatment.
- Nigeria is indeed failing because of the millions of people (like yourself) who compare Nigeria with the west, yet will never even pay 1% monthly of what we pay in taxes every month in the west. stop comparing banana with jumbo jet. if you want the same infrastructures in Nigeria as in the west then start by paying thousands of dollars in taxes every months, so that the Nigerian gov can earn $3.5TRILLIONS in revenue every year, and be able to create the jobs you dream about.
Nigeria is failing not because it's citizens don't pay much in taxes, but because most of it's leaders are fantastically corrupt.
Re: What I Saw Today Broke My Heart. by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2020
Ycube:
Nigeria is failing not because it's citizens don't pay much in taxes, but because most of it's leaders are fantastically corrupt.

... and because the people who elect these good for nothing leaders are FANTASTICALLY LAZY/USELESS

- when some pastor is accused of raping a yeyebrity, Nigerians are quick to go to the streets.
- when a few Nigerians are killed in SA, Nigerians are quick to go to the streets.
but when your leaders are looting and sharing YOUR money (to enrich their own self/family), you sit and do nothing?!?!!?! the problem is NOT the gov, the problem is YOU and your failed mindset!
Re: What I Saw Today Broke My Heart. by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2020
Virginnn:

a stranger's needs can never be greater than your own family/children's security.

- if someone wants to find a private tutor, there are channels where to find PROPER/GOOD teachers with valid credential.
- if private tutors want to find work, there are channels that they should take to make sure that they are taken seriously.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw Today Broke My Heart. by Anaborhi7: 3:18pm On Jul 30, 2020
I think those will trust who is need of extra edication.
But may be he picked not the best way to promote his skills.

It is sad, but there are many more sad cases in this country and around the world.
Re: What I Saw Today Broke My Heart. by freeeeme(m): 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2020
Exactly..Do it rightly. Advertising his service among those who knows him like church members, community where he lives, his students in the school where he teached e.t.c could have been so effective
MrBrownJay1:

would you trust a stranger to come to your home and/or be close to your children unrestricted?! its very easy to find proper tutors with VALID credentials and proven track record. people should be very careful with who they bring to their home and/or around their family....especially in these difficult covid19 times.

i understand that some people are desperate for work, but as much as this man gets the attention he is seeking, this aint the way....

there is a huge different between being lazy and doing whats right.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uniben Post Ume Result For 2008 Is Out / Neco Gce's Exam Registration Is Out Now! / World’s Largest Reptile Egg Discovered On Antarctica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.