Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* (5924 Views)

Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic / Are Certificates Really Overrated? What I Saw In My Uncle's House / Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by 2aces(m): 11:17am On Oct 15, 2023
So I was helping my four year old daughter today with her home fun, reading the queens primer given by her school, and I was shocked to my marrow at some of the words and sentences these kids are being psychologically indoctrinated with into homosexuality. Children were made to say a sentence like "LET US BE GAY"
I was alarmed and had to immediately call the owner of the school to lay complaint and she too screamed blood of Jesus, that she always go through all materials before handing out to the teachers but this very one being the popular "queens primer" she never expected such to be inside and she had returned several books in the past on social studies that contained homosexual contents like two dads and two mums etc. She even told me some school owners get paid huge sums of dollars to intentionally circulate these materials in their schools!
She thanked me and promised to withdraw the "new queens primer" from her school.

Dear parents, always be aware of the information your kids consume cos nowadays you dont have to be in us or uk for your kids to be at risk of indoctrination. Be alert

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Artiiclebeast: 11:24am On Oct 15, 2023
Thank you for your vigilance and civic duty to the society.

I wonder why these scums fail to see the idiocy in their claims that homosexuality is natural and inborn when they won't stop teaching and shoving it down people's throats, particularly kids.

Why teach something you claim is natural?

Heterosexualism is definitely not taught in my opinion the way they seek to teach homosexualism.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by sal1974: 11:26am On Oct 15, 2023
Associating the word gay to homosexuality is a recent things,growing up the word is used as synomn of happy,so the intension of the author of the book has nothing to do with homosexuality

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by KillahPriest: 11:30am On Oct 15, 2023
Nigerian education has really gone to shît. Did you bother getting a dictionary definition of that so called offensive word ? Una too dey expose una mumu for this country aswear

44 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Jeon(f): 11:31am On Oct 15, 2023
Gay means happy. Well educated dull Illiterates everywhere.

Homo is what is troubling your soul, upon the problems in Nigeria .

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by dealslip(f): 11:33am On Oct 15, 2023
When I was growing up, gay meant Happy. We were thought to be gay. To be clear I started Nursery 1 in 1985. So homosexuality as gay is a very very recent thing. As recent as the early 2000.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Apcsupport1: 11:33am On Oct 15, 2023
Ok
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by 2aces(m): 12:23pm On Oct 15, 2023
Jeon:
Gay means happy.
Well educated dull Illiterates everywhere.

If you have sense, you will understand they are using your so called woke and over literate mind against you, except ofcourse you are one of them.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by 2aces(m): 12:26pm On Oct 15, 2023
KillahPriest:
Nigerian education has really gone to shît. Did you bother getting a dictionary definition of that so called offensive word ? Una too dey expose una mumu for this country aswear
Wiseman when you have kids, that's if you will ever have one, pls teach what you please. Thank you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by 2aces(m): 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2023
sal1974:
Associating the word gay to homosexuality is a recent things,growing up the word is used as synomn of happy,so the intension of the author of the book has nothing to do with homosexuality
If you were the author of the book and following recent developments in the society, wount you consider some contents in your book before publishing a new edition?

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by 2aces(m): 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2023
Jeon:

Idiot, yet you depend on their medications to get well ,things and even their way of living
The mind of a black man.
I blame myself for replying a gay. Foolish people

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Jeon(f): 12:35pm On Oct 15, 2023
2aces:
I blame myself for replying a gay. Foolish people
You tell your people to be reproductive and stop depending on those white you hate for a living.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Originalsly: 1:35pm On Oct 15, 2023
dealslip:

When I was growing up, gay meant Happy. We were thought to be gay. To be clear I started Nursery 1 in 1985. So homosexuality as gay is a very very recent thing. As recent as the early 2000.

When you were growing up... what did marriage mean? Times have changed and some words have taken on additional meanings and interpretations. Don't overlook the proprietor mentioning some schools are being paid to push certain literature. Believe it or not ... the LGBTQ has an agenda to indoctrinate kids into making them gender neutral ... and they are getting laws passed to make this possible without parental consent. This is a big issue in the US ... California leading the charge ... Florida dead against it ... making any such literature or teachings illegal. Be aware of the books and the programmes your kids watch before it's too late.

P.S ... Google It's Perfectly Normal ... a booked being pushed on schools for 10 and above. Google North Carolina Pastor cut off by School Board to see the demons exposed and what our children will be facing in schools. Video may take a while to load ... not something they want many to see.

PS 2
Saw this earlier today ... featured in the Adidas Store display window. Part of the subtle agenda to indoctrinate kids ... gender neutralization. Now as an adult... with a solid concept of males and females ... what is this?

May we monitor what our kids are exposed to and guide them along they path they should take.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by HYDEEE: 1:42pm On Oct 15, 2023
It is all about context.

The way that word was used does not suggest any lgbt nonsense.

Someone can no longer use some words again because people with gutter mind will interprete it as something else.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Bakrabas: 1:47pm On Oct 15, 2023
I checked google what I saw is homosexuality
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Saao(m): 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2023
Op thank you for bringing this to my notice. Don't mind those gay insulting you, you just exposed their demonic agenda so they won't take it likely with you.

Below is the meaning of gay in google search:

es
Videos
News
Shopping
Books
Maps
Flights
Finance
All filters
Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
Search for a word
gay
/ɡeɪ/
adjective
sexually or romantically attracted to people of one's own sex (used especially of a man).
"the city's gay and lesbian people"
Similar:
homosexual
queer
lesbian
lesbigay
LGBT
LGBTQ
GLBT
pink
lavender
homophile
Uranian
that way
Opposite:
heterosexual
straight
DATED
light-hearted and carefree.
"Nan had a gay disposition and a very pretty face"
Similar:
cheerful
cheery
merry
jolly
light-hearted
mirthful
jovial
glad
happy
bright
in good spirits
in high spirits
joyful
elated
exuberant
animated
lively
sprightly
vivacious
buoyant
bouncy
bubbly
perky
effervescent
playful
frolicsome
chirpy
on top of the world
as happy as a sandboy
as happy as a clam
Opposite:
gloomy
noun
a person who is gay (typically referring to a man).
"the capital is a popular destination for gays and lesbians from all over the world"

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by nairalanda1(m): 1:55pm On Oct 15, 2023
2aces:
So I was helping my four year old daughter today with her home fun, reading the queens primer given by her school, and I was shocked to my marrow at some of the words and sentences these kids are being psychologically indoctrinated with into homosexuality. Children were made to say a sentence like "LET US BE GAY"
I was alarmed and had to immediately call the owner of the school to lay complaint and she too screamed blood of Jesus, that she always go through all materials before handing out to the teachers but this very one being the popular "queens primer" she never expected such to be inside and she had returned several books in the past on social studies that contained homosexual contents like two dads and two mums etc. She even told me some school owners get paid huge sums of dollars to intentionally circulate these materials in their schools!
She thanked me and promised to withdraw the "new queens primer" from her school.

Dear parents, always be aware of the information your kids consume cos nowadays you dont have to be in us or uk for your kids to be at risk of indoctrination. Be alert

The Queen's primer is a very old book, and it has been there since the late 19th century when Queen Victoria was the Queen of the UK ( she is the Queen referred to in the primer)

Also, English words and meanings have changed drastically

Like gay. Gay used to mean happy, it is now used to refer to homosexual people.

Other words from the 19th century

Consumption. Refers to economic status now, back then , referred to someone with tuberculosis. A terminal or serious case

Homely. Refers to a woman of good character now. Back then, referred to a woman who was ugly.

Ejaculated. Used in association with the act of coitus..back then used to mean someone talking loudly, passionately and angrily

Nunnery. These days when used, people think of Catholic nuns living area. Actually an archaic slang for a prostitute's residence

Even Lesbian, these days used to refer to a female homosexual, was once used to refer to indigenes of the Greek island of Lesbos.

Also, the Nigerian publishers when reissuing the book did not change the words as they were used in the 19th century. ( Yes it happens with some reprints)

Even then, you did not err in getting the book removed. But you got too overworked over nothing really.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by nairalanda1(m): 1:57pm On Oct 15, 2023
Saao:
Op thank you for bringing this to my notice. Don't mind those gay insulting you, you just exposed their demonic agenda so they won't take it likely with you.

Below is the meaning of gay in google search:

es
Videos
News
Shopping
Books
Maps
Flights
Finance
All filters
Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
Search for a word
gay
/ɡeɪ/
adjective
sexually or romantically attracted to people of one's own sex (used especially of a man).
"the city's gay and lesbian people"
Similar:
homosexual
queer
lesbian
lesbigay
LGBT
LGBTQ
GLBT
pink
lavender
homophile
Uranian
that way
Opposite:
heterosexual
straight
DATED
light-hearted and carefree.
"Nan had a gay disposition and a very pretty face"
Similar:
cheerful
cheery
merry
jolly
light-hearted
mirthful
jovial
glad
happy
bright
in good spirits
in high spirits
joyful
elated
exuberant
animated
lively
sprightly
vivacious
buoyant
bouncy
bubbly
perky
effervescent
playful
frolicsome
chirpy
on top of the world
as happy as a sandboy
as happy as a clam
Opposite:
gloomy
noun
a person who is gay (typically referring to a man).
"the capital is a popular destination for gays and lesbians from all over the world"

So where is the happy you guys are saying comes from?

At the time the Queen's primer was first published in the 19th century, being gay meant simply being happy

That was the general meaning of the word till the 1990s.

3 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by nairalanda1(m): 1:58pm On Oct 15, 2023
Bakrabas:
I checked google what I saw is homosexuality

Keep in mind that the Queen's primer was first published in the 19th century when certain English words back then had different meanings

Back then, people whom we call gays now would have been referred to as sodomites
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by nairalanda1(m): 1:59pm On Oct 15, 2023
dealslip:

Exactly
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by nairalanda1(m): 2:00pm On Oct 15, 2023
Jeon:
Gay means happy.
Well educated dull Illiterates everywhere.

No the problem is that certain words and their meanings have changed.

Let's also be honest, the Queen's primer is out of date even. There are much better textbooks of English out there
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by nairalanda1(m): 2:02pm On Oct 15, 2023
KillahPriest:

If he consulted a dictionary, it may give him the current definition as being referring to the LGBTQ community.

The problem is Nigerian schools using a 19th century textbook to teach today's children.

5 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by nairalanda1(m): 2:03pm On Oct 15, 2023
2aces:
If you were the author of the book and following recent developments in the society, wount you consider some contents in your book before publishing a new edition?

Seems like the publisher didn't do that.

The Queen's primer is an old book. Hasn't been updated since the 1940s self

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by 2aces(m): 2:07pm On Oct 15, 2023
nairalanda1:

Keep in mind that the Queen's primer was first published in the 19th century when certain English words back then had different meanings

Back then, people whom we call gays now would have been referred to as sodomites
Pls note that I made mention, this particular queens primer is a new edition recently published, why didnt the publisher consider the times and edit out some now considered inappropriate words and sentences out of the book? Cos the reason of printing new editions of books and literature is to update them to modern acceptable standards.
So I think that word and sentence was left there on purpose.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by nairalanda1(m): 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2023
2aces:
Pls note that I made mention, this particular queens primer is a new edition recently published, why didnt the publisher consider the times and edit out some now considered inappropriate words and sentences out of the book? Cos the reason of printing new editions of books and literature is to update them to modern acceptable standards.
So I think that word and sentence was left there on purpose.

It is not a new edition per se.

It's just a reprint of the same old Queen's primer from the old days

Plus, I am even surprised it is still in use. I never used it in primary school. Not when there are better English textbook.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by 2aces(m): 2:15pm On Oct 15, 2023
nairalanda1:

It is not a new edition per se.

It's just a reprint of the same old Queen's primer from the old days

Plus, I am even surprised it is still in use. I never used it in primary school. Not when there are better English textbook.
Now am even having doubts if the old queens primer contained such.
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by nairalanda1(m): 2:16pm On Oct 15, 2023
Also, how many British children play in the hay?

Yep, ancient book
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Jeon(f): 2:16pm On Oct 15, 2023
nairalanda1:

No the problem is that certain words and their meanings have changed.

Let's also be honest, the Queen's primer is out of date even. There are much better textbooks of English out there

Yeah, but some schools still use it.

6 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by nairalanda1(m): 2:18pm On Oct 15, 2023
Jeon:

Yeah, but some schools still use it.

I'm surprised

When I first saw the book in the early 1990s, it was even a copy my late maternal grandfather owned ( he was a retired teacher) from the 1950s.

I went to primary and secondary school in the 1980s and 90s. Never used that book. I thought it was something our parents and ancestors used way back to learn the white man lingo .Not us modern kids
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by nairalanda1(m): 2:25pm On Oct 15, 2023
2aces:
Now am even having doubts if the old queens primer contained such.

It did.

In fact the part of the book you showed depicts children also going to play in the hay

That was true of 19th century England which was a largely agrarian society. Not England today.

( Plus I doubt most Nigerians know what hay is!)
Re: What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* by Ensa777(f): 2:25pm On Oct 15, 2023
Even in the 90s we used it,gay there means happy and mad meant angry.

Even Shakespearen books uses it.

Unu jiri nwayo

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Six pictures that Differentiate Between Successful And Unsuccessful People / Unbeatable Proofs That Time Shows No Mercy(Photos) / Why South East Is Doomed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.