Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:08 AM

Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? (2807 Views)

"Evil Spirit, Baby Boy, Big For Nothing" – Popular Cars Renamed By Nigerians / Urgent !! Honda Eod Or Toyota Camry 2001 Which Is Better / ADVICE House!!! EOD Or Camry(pencil) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by PaulH07: 7:20am On Jul 30, 2020
With both of them going for almost the same prices.

Abeg which one make I choose?

Thanks...
Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by apasino01: 7:28am On Jul 30, 2020
Evil spirit of course

But I will advise you stay away from fairly used Honda

1 Like

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by PaulH07: 7:34am On Jul 30, 2020
apasino01:
Evil spirit of course

But I will advise you stay away from fairly used Honda

Hmmm, why so?
Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by maynation(f): 7:57am On Jul 30, 2020
EOD and Evil spirit aren't the same grade, how are you torn between the two? Choose your Evil spirit and pass.

Modified.
Toks and Naija used.
Run from Naija used cars unless the seller is known with high history of maintenance.

6 Likes

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by PaulH07: 8:10am On Jul 30, 2020
maynation:
EOD and Evil spirit aren't the same grade, how are you torn between the two? Choose your Evil spirit and pass.

Modified.
Toks and Naija used.
Run from Naija used cars unless the seller is known with high history of maintenance.

Hmmm, solid advice, means I'll buy Toks EOD then...
Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by apasino01: 8:15am On Jul 30, 2020
PaulH07:

Hmmm, why so?
The only Time you will enjoy Honda totally is when it’s bought brand new. Honda is not really a strong car. It has a short lifespan. I’m not saying it will stop working totally, but when it starts it’s madness it’s gonna be 1 week 1 wahala.

You can fix a particular fault in Honda 100 times.

So it’s better when it’s bought brand new before it starts it’s madness you must used it for long and tired of it maybe looking to buy another car.

Talking from experience.

2 Likes

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by PaulH07: 8:52am On Jul 30, 2020
apasino01:
The only Time you will enjoy Honda totally is when it’s bought brand new. Honda is not really a strong car. It has a short lifespan. I’m not saying it will stop working totally, but when it starts it’s madness it’s gonna be 1 week 1 wahala.

So it’s better when it’s bought brand new before it starts it’s madness you must used it for long and tired of it maybe looking to buy another car.

Talking from experience.

Hmmm...thanks a lot for this.

Maybe I'll just revert to my beloved Mercedes oh...
Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by apasino01: 9:53am On Jul 30, 2020
PaulH07:

Hmmm...thanks a lot for this.

Maybe I'll just revert to my beloved Mercedes oh...
mercedes will always be a good ride, the only reason people flee is because high cost of maintenance.

1 Like

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by mejai(m): 9:56am On Jul 30, 2020
To me evil spirit is not really a durable car. I prefer the DC. Our roads no gud for evil spirit and it looks battered easily. Poor leather material. Infact 2008 upwards cars get as them be Sha.

3 Likes

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by Eldemmi(m): 10:25am On Jul 30, 2020
apasino01:

Talking from experience.

lol this is not true in general..

9 Likes

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by PaulH07: 10:55am On Jul 30, 2020
apasino01:
mercedes will always be a good ride, the only reason people flee is because high cost of maintenance.

You mean it's more reliable than a Honda?
Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by apasino01: 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
PaulH07:

You mean it's more reliable than a Honda?
1000%

1 Like

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by apasino01: 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2020
Eldemmi:

Talking from Experience bro

You can ask any mechanic

1 Like

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by buygala(m): 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2020
apasino01:
Talking from Experience bro

You can ask any mechanic

Don't generalize on the basis of your own experience...

Aside Toyota, Honda is the most popular brand in Nigeria...and only very very few of the Hondas seen on Nigerian roads were bought brand new by their current owners...Yet there are so many of them on the road..

If fairly used Hondas are as troublesome as you say, why are there so many of them on Nigerian roads? ...Nigerians are some of the most pessimistic people in the world...If Hondas generally (even as Nigerian used) have a history of messing up, I am sure Nigerians would be avoiding it, especially mid to low income earners for whom every penny counts..

My First car was a Honda Acdemy which I bought Nigerian used...It served me well until I sold it and upgraded to a Nigerian used Baby Boy, which also served me well until I sold it ..

I presently use a Honda Discussion Continue that I got as direct toks...And it is damn reliable..It is so reliable that the last time I opened its bonnet was 3 months ago when I changed engine oil and oil filter...

I have friends who have used Honda cars for donkey years and they are quite happy with the cars

And Honda car parts (at least the parts of the Honda cars I have used) are pretty affordable...

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by Eldemmi(m): 1:53pm On Jul 30, 2020
this is why I always say stereotyping is a big issue in D's region, because you have bad experience with a vehicle doesn't mean this brand is bad, you might be bought a lemon, mechanics might bleeped up, model may be bad etc..

from Benz to Toyota to Honda there are people who have bad experience with each brand.

after Toyota is Honda in reliability no doubt.

5 Likes

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by adanny01(m): 2:45pm On Jul 30, 2020
PaulH07:
With both of them going for almost the same prices.

Abeg which one make I choose?

Thanks...

Buying toks is easy but buying Naija used is luck and skill.

It means EOD will be easier to get if you don't have patience..

If you must buy evil spirit, watch out for leather seats and engine.

2 Likes

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by thebigkendo(m): 4:47pm On Jul 30, 2020
adanny01:

10 years ago maybe grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by PaulH07: 6:54pm On Jul 30, 2020
apasino01:
1000%

Hmmm...
Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by PaulH07: 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2020
buygala:

Don't generalize on the basis of your own experience...

Aside Toyota, Honda is the most popular brand in Nigeria...and only very very few of the Hondas seen on Nigerian roads were bought brand new by their current owners...Yet there are so many of them on the road..

If fairly used Hondas are as troublesome as you say, why are there so many of them on Nigerian roads? ...Nigerians are some of the most pessimistic people in the world...If Hondas generally (even as Nigerian used) have a history of messing up, I am sure Nigerians would be avoiding it, especially mid to low income earners for whom every penny counts..

My First car was a Honda Acdemy which I bought Nigerian used...It served me well until I sold it and upgraded to a Nigerian used Baby Boy, which also served me well until I sold it ..

I presently use a Honda Discussion Continue that I got as direct toks...And it is damn reliable..It is so reliable that the last time I opened its bonnet was 3 months ago when I changed engine oil and oil filter...

I have friends who have used Honda cars for donkey years and they are quite happy with the cars

And Honda car parts (at least the parts of the Honda cars I have used) are pretty affordable...

Hmmmm..mbit between Honda and Mercedes which one reliable pass? Cost of maintenance NOT inclusive...
Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by PaulH07: 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2020
Eldemmi:
this is why I always say stereotyping is a big issue in D's region, because you have bad experience with a vehicle doesn't mean this brand is bad, you might be bought a lemon, mechanics might bleeped up, model may be bad etc..

from Benz to Toyota to Honda there are people who have bad experience with each brand.

after Toyota is Honda in reliability no doubt.

Where Benz con dey?
Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by PaulH07: 7:01pm On Jul 30, 2020
adanny01:

Why should I watch out for these please?
Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by adanny01(m): 7:10pm On Jul 30, 2020
PaulH07:

Why should I watch out for these please?

Evil spirit has very horrible leather seats, its actually an eye sore..

The engine is good but can fail prematurely. I learned its due to blocked catalyst, 2003-7 by design is lenient on a blocked catalyst but not 08.

Overall, its strong and heavy.

1 Like

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by gbemsone(f): 10:00pm On Jul 30, 2020
apasino01:

Talking from experience.

you are not given it to the right mechanic ....

1 Like

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by dadabashua1(m): 6:10am On Jul 31, 2020
Sometimes seeking for advice on nairaland is not the best option,if someone ended up with a lemon,he will outrightly discourage you from getting a particular brand due to his fault and negligence.OP one word,HONDA IS NOT A BAD CAR,in fact one of the most reliable on our roads,just do what the manufacturers stated and you will be OK,I'm also saying that from experience. THANKS

3 Likes

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by dicksonadams(m): 8:06am On Jul 31, 2020
Eldemmi:

A friend bought Honda CRV 2001 naija used for 350k, he spent 20k to change the leg components like bushen, stabilizer linkage , 20k or so on powersteering pump and 80k on tokunbo engine... Total 600k or less, he has been using it for 2 years not a single issue.

4 Likes

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by searchng4love: 9:41am On Jul 31, 2020
thebigkendo:

10 years ago maybe grin grin grin grin
He wouldn't understand
Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by adanny01(m): 9:49am On Jul 31, 2020
searchng4love:

He wouldn't understand

Is it the understanding that is difficult or the issues cannot be said?
Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:09am On Jul 31, 2020
apasino01:

Talking from experience.
Such nonsense.

Say your Honda was bad, don't come and start generalizing.

2 Likes

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by Eldemmi(m): 11:42am On Jul 31, 2020
dicksonadams:

A friend bought Honda CRV 2001 naija used for 350k, he spent 20k to change the leg components like bushen, stabilizer linkage , 20k or so on powersteering pump and 80k on tokunbo engine... Total 600k or less, he has been using it for 2 years not a single issue.

u dey mind people?

my own brother used 2 to 3 accords with no complaints (naija used)

my boss bought evil spirit going to two years no complaints (naija used)
my area elder that taught me how to drive have bought over 10 Honda cars,from prelude to Civic to accords even rovers...
all naija used
no complaints

Accord that is even the only car left that give Camry tough time.

2 Likes

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by PaulH07: 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
dadabashua1:
Sometimes seeking for advice on nairaland is not the best option,if someone ended up with a lemon,he will outrightly discourage you from getting a particular brand due to his fault and negligence.OP one word,HONDA IS NOT A BAD CAR,in fact one of the most reliable on our roads,just do what the manufacturers stated and you will be OK, I'm also saying that from experience. THANKS

grin
Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by Donedeal1(m): 6:36pm On Jul 31, 2020
In one word Honda Answers value for money.Observed whereby some brands will be freely exorbitant because of our so called believe.Get the direct toks EOD and be asured it's worth it .

1 Like

Re: Toks EOD Or Naija Used Evil Spirit? by dicksonadams(m): 8:37pm On Jul 31, 2020
Go for the toks eod, better value for money,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Issue With 2007 Nissan Sentra Se-r / What Is The Cost Of A Front Bumper On A Honda Accord 2005. . / A Mechanic Is Asking Me To Remove My Car Catalyst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.