Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,975 members, 7,817,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! (2578 Views)

Hyundai Engine price? / Pls How Much Is Engine Price Of Nissan Almera 1996 Model / EOD Engine Price Enquiry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by Mmmind: 10:53pm On Aug 22, 2022
My Toyota Camry 2005 (Europe) of just 4months (Toks), started giving me problems after someone I gave the car didn't check the radiator water. It did over heating and The gasket burnt, affecting the Cylinder, the coils etc; it affected the radiator too. That was beginning of the car problems

Long story short, after I changed all that were affected, It made a cracking sound while traveling at 120/mph on Lagos Ibadan express road and then knocked.

My mechanic is charging me #450k for Tokunbo engine for the Camry 2005 (Europe).

Who knows the amount the engine would cost, is the Mecho trying to rip me pls?

*Modified*
The Mecho told me today the Engine is 1AZ (Europe) but that the car can use 2AZ America in case he can't find 1AZ Europe.

Is 1AZ Europe engine over 400k too like 2AZ America?
Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by DARLINGTON869(m): 10:58pm On Aug 22, 2022
That is the amount it's sold. The mechanic is very correct. Not all kazeems are out to rip you.

2 Likes

Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:44am On Aug 23, 2022
Any small overheating for camry na bye bye to engine.my civic 05 engine overheat like 5times.All I did was to change gasket and kickstarter and motor dey fly like jet,my babyboy overheat 3times and nothing spoil until I sold it.My honda Crv,i cannot even count the number of times it has overheat but nothing don spoil.Thats why I love Honda so much

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by xperiencelove(m): 9:00am On Aug 23, 2022
I guess the engine is not good or it has been worked on in Nigeria before you bought the car but you did not notice because why would your 05 Camry toks of 4 months be requesting water like that? Since 2019, I haven't finish 1liter of coolant in the same car as yours. Though mine has Lexus ES300 engine.

2AZ engine is truly over 400k but the most difficult aspect is how to get the one that has not been worked on.

Mmmind:
My Toyota Camry 2005 (Europe) of just 4months (Toks), started giving me problems after someone I gave the car didn't check the radiator water. It did over heating and The gasket burnt, affecting the Cylinder, the coils etc; it affected the radiator too. That was beginning of the car problems

Long story short, after I changed all that were affected, It made a cracking sound while traveling at 120/mph on Lagos Ibadan express road and then knocked.

My mechanic is charging me #450k for Tokunbo engine for the Camry 2005 (Europe).

2 Likes

Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by Dozieson(m): 9:41am On Aug 23, 2022
Mmmind:

Sorry Bro, not an easy one. The 2AZ engine in Lagos is between 400-450k. How to get a top grade is the thing. Gazzuzz can be of help.

There should be a reason why the first engine knocked. That lesson is needed to avoid future occurrence. Maybe oil pump failure, engine oil short/burnt etc

Again, give it to a good mechanic for installation. The CV joint will be removed from the transmission and that opening should be properly closed with a tape to avoid contamination.

Top the transmission oil after engine installation with Toyota type t-iv due to oil loss when CV joint is removed.

Follow the link below for details of iykecollins and price of engines

https://www.nairaland.com/6571388/direct-tokunbo-engines-gearboxes/21#112212724
Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by Mmmind: 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2022
[quote author=Dozieson post=115975314]
Thanks so much bro
Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by Peterlove11: 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
Any small overheating for camry na bye bye to engine.my civic 05 engine overheat like 5times.All I did was to change gasket and kickstarter and motor dey fly like jet,my babyboy overheat 3times and nothing spoil until I sold it.My honda Crv,i cannot even count the number of times it has overheat but nothing don spoil.Thats why I love Honda so much

Honda engine is stronger than Toyota. Just 1 to 2hrs of continuous firing on the high way, my rav4 starts to dey overheat, from there different issues arose, did half and top and many other things but the car never remain the same, sold it eventually. I gave honda a try against backlog of advice and I can say i definitely enjoy the honda better. Am considering getting a car for my wife, my first consideration is honda.....though am not rigid about it. Other brands are welcome as far it's a car that will give less stress and peace of mind.

7 Likes

Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by Angrygoat: 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2022
If your engine is aluminium and not iron cast,be praying that your radiator never leaks or over heats. It's bye bye to the engine.irom cast engine bulletproof. Unless the car catch fire,na condemned, but engine components are fucki NG expensive and available. Aluminium engine,na shit. V8,v12 and v6 lowest

3 Likes

Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by dadabashua1(m): 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
yet is common ball joints for 5-10k which can last for years on a good road that made some to call Honda a bad car, if you think buhari is our problem then the person is on a long thing,the way Nigerians reason and talk baffles me...its well my brother cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by Dozieson(m): 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2022
Peterlove11:

Honda engine is stronger than Toyota. Just 1 to 2hrs of continuous firing on the high way, my rav4 starts to dey overheat, from there different issues arose, did half and top and many other things but the car never remain the same, sold it eventually. I gave honda a try against backlog of advice and I can say i definitely enjoy the honda better. Am considering getting a car for my wife, my first consideration is honda.....though am not rigid about it. Other brands are welcome as far it's a car that will give less stress and peace of mind.

what year of make is the RAV 4? i4 or v6?
Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by mejai(m): 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2022
Chai! Bro u get mind o. After all the works , u still dey fire am 120 and above. Who knows? Maybe na Uber Corolla u dey pursue.

Na so one Rev Father wey carry same smoking Camry o. Me I used my 2008 SA Corolla, manual gear, woze am overtake for all this corner corner road for east. Rev Father vex chase me like police Hilux, overtook me as I dey 120/130 ( me dey rush to catch up burial, father fit be burial or mass Sha), next thing I heard was his Camry breaking sound barrier with a large boom sound, smoooooooke, everywhere.
Men!!! I just blow horn for am, take-off. His congregation go wait tire that morning.

5 Likes

Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by vivalavida(m): 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2022
mejai:
Chai! Bro u get mind o. After all the works , u still dey fire am 120 and above. Who knows? Maybe na Uber Corolla u dey pursue.

Na so one Rev Father wey carry same smoking Camry o. Me I used my 2008 SA Corolla, manual gear, woze am overtake for all this corner corner road for east. Rev Father vex chase me like police Hilux, overtook me as I dey 120/130 ( me dey rush to catch up burial, father fit be burial or mass Sha), next thing I heard was his Camry breaking sound barrier with a large boom sound, smoooooooke, everywhere.
Men!!! I just blow horn for am, take-off. His congregation go wait tire that morning.

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by Gravatar: 5:16pm On Aug 23, 2022
Topic: Need help with cost of engine

Random jobless poster: That's why I love my private jet engine. It can overheat 20 times and still be working fine

No be craze be this?

7 Likes

Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by Gravatar: 5:17pm On Aug 23, 2022
Mmmind:

You no specify the engine, but 2az na around that 400k in Apo
Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by Conner44: 5:23pm On Aug 23, 2022
Gravatar:

Random jobless poster: That's why I love my private jet engine. It can overheat 20 times and still be working fine

No be craze be this?

Why would you say it’s crazy? undecided

Someone came here and posted that he is looking for a replacement engine because the one he had got totaled after just 1 unfortunate overheating episode. . .

Another poster came and said that’s why he prefers his own engine because it’s still going strong after several overheating episodes . . .

Note the singular fact that the op didn’t outright ask for the price of a new engine but also stated the conditions that led to him sourcing for such engine

1 Like

Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by xperiencelove(m): 5:44pm On Aug 23, 2022
CR-V (probably old model) having constant overheating and the owner can't remember the number of times it overheats. Is poverty not the greatest enemy of mankind?
Gravatar:

No be craze be this?

1 Like

Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by lilkech(m): 7:48pm On Aug 23, 2022
xperiencelove:
CR-V (probably old model) having constant overheating and the owner can't remember the number of times it overheats. Is poverty not the greatest enemy of mankind?

You mean someone owning a vehicle that overheated numerous times but the engine stayed functional is a sign of poverty? shocked

For me, I believe illiteracy and ignorance are actually the greatest enemy of mankind
Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by Conner44: 8:10pm On Aug 23, 2022
xperiencelove:

But anytime you’re driving your own car and your tyre goes down you will be rushing to vulcanizer, why don’t you throw the car away and buy another one?

Since you’re Mr. Richie Rich the Richest man alive
Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by xperiencelove(m): 7:28am On Aug 24, 2022
When tyre goes down too often, my bro, it is either the rim or the tire that is bad. Most times, it is the tire that is bad. Change it and check the tire pressure every 14 days. You might never get a complete flat tyre for 1-2 years except a sharp object or nail picture your tyre.
This is not the matter of rich bro. I travels a very long distance at least every Mondays and Fridays and managing car part is not in my DNA because it possess danger.

Too much overheating is dangerous. The CRV man should change his bad engine if he can't get a permanent solution. His bad mechanic has turned him to POS.
Conner44:

But anytime you’re driving your own car and your tyre goes down you will be rushing to vulcanizer, why don’t you throw the car away and buy another one?

Since you’re Mr. Richie Rich the Richest man alive
Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by xperiencelove(m): 7:50am On Aug 24, 2022
If you are not a non-literate, you should know any engine that overheats everytime is not functional and it is dangerous to drive especially in the evening when you won't see the smoke early enough because we mostly forget to be checking our temp guage.
If a CRV engine have had overheating 10 times, the fund for repairs and oil will surely buy another good engine.
He should park the car till he buy a new engine and stop stressing and risking his life all around. Life is precious than any car.
lilkech:

You mean someone owning a vehicle that overheated numerous times but the engine stayed functional is a sign of poverty? shocked

For me, I believe illiteracy and ignorance are actually the greatest enemy of mankind
Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by Conner44: 8:35am On Aug 24, 2022
That gentleman posted the below ;

Aaaaarghmed:
My honda Crv ,i cannot even count the number of times it has overheat but nothing don spoil.Thats why I love Honda so much

Then you posted this as a response to his own ;

xperiencelove:

And now I ask did you really read his own post very well? Can you see that your issue was actually one of comprehension . The bolded part in his post was concerning the same CR-V which according to you must have been the ‘old model’ undecided if you were more knowledgeable about vehicles you’d know that most ‘old model’ engines were made of cast iron blocks and hence had a higher chance of not being warped after overheating unlike modern aluminum engine blocks.

You didn’t understand what he posted about and proceeded to say he was impoverished due to your misunderstanding his posts content.

It’s okay, everybody makes mistakes. It just takes a bigger man to retrace his steps and make amends if possible.

1 Like

Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by heykims(m): 8:45am On Aug 24, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
My Toyota camry 2005 has suffered overheating on about 3 to 4 occasions burning the gasket twice. The experience was not even long after I bought it as Tokunbo. The reason was really because of the leaking radiator. But since I've fixed it and changed my radiator, my car has been in top shape. Ow over 2 years since it landed in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by lilkech(m): 9:11am On Aug 24, 2022
xperiencelove:
If you are not a non-literate, you should know any engine that overheats everytime is not functional and it is dangerous to drive especially in the evening when you won't see the smoke early enough because we mostly forget to be checking our temp guage.
If a CRV engine have had overheating 10 times, the fund for repairs and oil will surely buy another good engine.
He should park the car till he buy a new engine and stop stressing and risking his life all around. Life is precious than any car.

Do you know that when an engine overheats, 9 out of 10 times the issue that caused the unfortunate overheating incident is usually outside of the engine in question? (Bad cooling fans, failed ect sensor, leaking radiator, blocked radiator, failed thermostat, broken water hoses, etc) but according to you it is the engine itself, and since you have dashing mechanic money and value your safety the said engine MUST BE REPLACED .

So what if you replace the overheated engine and the overheating episodes keeps recurring on the new replacement engine? What then? Keep buying new engines?

When I spoke of illiteracy and ignorance I actually had a case in question in mind but let me not digress.

1 Like

Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by Gravatar: 10:05am On Aug 24, 2022
xperiencelove:

No mind them, confusion and hypocrisy na their portion. There's another thread just posted about a smoking Honda accord engine, but the Honda CEO and his apprentices here go do like say them no see am
Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by Conner44: 10:26am On Aug 24, 2022
Gravatar:

No mind them, confusion and hypocrisy na their portion. There's another thread just posted about a smoking Honda accord engine, but the Honda CEO and his apprentices here go do like say them no see am

This thread has an undertone concerning overheating

That other thread has its own heading concerning smoking

So let me ask nicely, ‘what exactly is the point you’re try to make here’ ? undecided
Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by jowa16: 10:29am On Aug 24, 2022
@mmmind, I can help you fix the engine without buy a new one
Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by xperiencelove(m): 11:53am On Aug 24, 2022
To begin with, I should not have reply to someone like you.

In addition, I have 5 cars in my possession, four are Toyota and one newly acquired VW.

You should have informed and advised the guy that had lost count of how his Honda is having overheating every week because the only time I had overheating, it was caused by my radiator which I changed and it never occur till I sold the car.

Finally, with the level of my illiteracy and ignorance as you claimed, my car has never sleep at any mechanic workshop for any reason since I have started using car because I take care of the toys the way I take care of myself.

lilkech:

Do you know that when an engine overheats, 9 out of 10 times the issue that caused the unfortunate overheating incident is usually outside of the engine in question? (Bad cooling fans, failed ect sensor, leaking radiator, blocked radiator, failed thermostat, broken water hoses, etc) but according to you it is the engine itself, and since you have dashing mechanic money and value your safety the said engine MUST BE REPLACED .

So what if you replace the overheated engine and the overheating episodes keeps recurring on the new replacement engine? What then? Keep buying new engines?

When I spoke of illiteracy and ignorance I actually had a case in question in mind but let me not digress.
Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by Conner44: 2:40pm On Aug 24, 2022
xperiencelove:
To begin with, I should not have reply to someone like you.

In addition, I have 5 cars in my possession, four are Toyota and one newly acquired VW.

You should have informed and advised the guy that had lost count of how his Honda is having overheating every week because the only time I had overheating, it was caused by my radiator which I changed and it never occur till I sold the car.

Finally, with the level of my illiteracy and ignorance as you claimed, my car has never sleep at any mechanic workshop for any reason since I have started using car because I take care of the toys the way I take care of myself.

Aha! No wonder someone said you’re nairalands’ mr richest grin with your 2 mansions, 5 Toyota, one Volkswagen, 2 power bikes, 1 private jet, 3 helicopters and a yatch docked at eko Atlantic lol tiri gbosa for you jor

But when that your engine overheated that one time why didn’t you buy another new engine? Why change only the radiator? Abi isn’t that what you said the op and the other guy who had overheating issues should have done if not for the poverty worrying them? Or is that the reason why you sold the car off seeing as you’re so rich and all that? undecided

Anyway I will like to be like you when I grow up wink nothing like repair in my dictionary, throwaway, replace or sell outright as a boss cool
Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by solaaje1976(m): 3:23pm On Aug 24, 2022
Please confirm whether your engine is 1AZ or 2/AZ
Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by xperiencelove(m): 4:23pm On Aug 24, 2022
I decided to reply you because you might learn one or two things from me.

I had my first BB phone in 2009 when I was in 100L Comp Sci. I sold it to learn PHP, JAVA, Visual studio and VB.net programming languages and I bought Nokia torchlight green screen.

In 300L, I already had 8 out of 26 secondary schools that belongs to a popular church in Nigeria and another government college of health with over 3000 students as my clients. I believe you know what these means.

The purpose of this story is, it is not everybody on Nairaland that is suffering.

Conner44:

Aha! No wonder someone said you’re nairalands’ mr richest grin with your 2 mansions, 5 Toyota, one Volkswagen, 2 power bikes, 1 private jet, 3 helicopters and a yatch docked at eko Atlantic lol tiri gbosa for you jor

But when that your engine overheated that one time why didn’t you buy another new engine? Why change only the radiator? Abi isn’t that what you said the op and the other guy who had overheating issues should have done if not for the poverty worrying them? Or is that the reason why you sold the car off seeing as you’re so rich and all that? undecided

Anyway I will like to be like you when I grow up wink nothing like repair in my dictionary, throwaway, replace or sell outright as a boss cool
Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by Conner44: 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2022
xperiencelove:
I decided to reply you because you might learn one or two things from me.

I had my first BB phone in 2009 when I was in 100L Comp Sci. I sold it to learn PHP, JAVA, Visual studio and VB.net programming languages and I bought Nokia torchlight green screen.

In 300L, I already had 8 out of 26 secondary schools that belongs to a popular church in Nigeria and another government college of health with over 3000 students as my clients. I believe you know what these means.

The purpose of this story is, it is not everybody on Nairaland that is suffering.

I know you’re not suffering cheesy in fact I already affirmed that you’re an extremely rich man in my previous post, eating 5 square meals a day with champagne, desserts and jamborees with ladies upandan the world. I knew all these things even without your biographical expose. I even prayed to be like you when I grow up wink

What I wanted you to know is that you shouldn’t be calling people impoverished as they maintain the vehicle they drive and love because you are opportune have up to 10 at your disposal.

Or was it poverty that made your radiator to spoil and overheat your engine at that particular time you said it happened to you? Machines break down and get repaired or replaced as a norm. This has nothing to do with poverty but reality.

2 Likes

Re: Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls! by lagusboyyy(m): 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
Honda are one of the best producers of reliable Engines in the world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power Bikers: Wanna Be Power Bikers And Admirers: Check This Out / 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key / Comparison Between Toyota Camry Tiny Light And Envelope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.